All Comments on 'Turnabout Is Excellent Play'

by bondanon

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Most enjoyable...

but you're quite wrong about the quantity of viola-piano literature...

bondanonbondanonalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks! Indeed

I was. Perhaps not relatively, there's a lot more music for violin and piano as my viola-playing friends are apt to grumble, but the viola-piano literature is robust and delicious, especially from the 20th century. I appreciate the reminder as I've gone exploring more. I think it would have been a bit over the top for me to have Sara and Hermann play the R V-W Romance for Viola and Piano, though its sultry ending would have been a perfect prelude. I'm sure Sara knew it, along with several other works given the same title by other composers - what is it about viola and piano! Herr Strauss might not have been as familiar with it - he doesn't accompany that often, and I suspect that Sara wanted to show off her improvatory skill, and certainly didn't want to risk embarrassing him. Jen had no such compunction!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbondanon@bondanon
I'm an older male who's enjoyed bondage fantasies from an early age. I ultimately concluded that I'm primarily heterosexual, though I spent time in the gay community in my earlier adult years, and am a firm supporter of sexual rights for everyone. I enjoy the company of strong...