Tutoring

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,798 Followers

"She's in the bathroom putting on makeup!" she announced.

"Makeup? Oh, I see!" he said in a silly voice. He got very serious and said, "So is she as pretty as you are today?" causing Alexandra to giggle.

"I thought I heard you out here," he heard Libby say as she walked in. "Hi, Shane."

"Wow," he said as he looked at her.

"Since I've never had lunch and gone kayaking I wasn't sure what to wear. Is this okay?" she asked.

"Wow!" Fields said again. Libby was wearing a sleeveless, dark yellow knit top with a pair of khaki-colored shorts and a pair of very cute sandals. Her hair was again pulled back in a ponytail highlighting the large, gold earrings she was wearing which matched the beautiful gold chain adorning her slender neck. She'd been wearing makeup when he saw her at the grocery store, but he hadn't seen her look like this before.

"So this is okay then?" she asked again.

"Wow," he repeated as he checked her out from top to bottom.

Alexandra didn't know what 'wow' meant but she said it, too. "Wow!" she said causing both of them to laugh again.

Libby had a bag with sunscreen, towels, Alexandra's favorite doll, and some other stuff in it sitting next to her purse and a cardigan sweater that matched her top. There was also a car seat next to the bag. "Ready when you are!" she said with a sweet smile.

Shane grabbed the bag with his other hand while he held Alexandra and Libby picked up the car seat and her things. "Do you know where we're going? he asked as they headed toward the door.

"Не знаю," she said shaking her head. "I don't know."

"Oh! Well...we're going to a restaurant for lunch and then we're going to a lake."

"To go swimming?" she asked excitedly. "I don't know how to swim."

"Oh, no. Not swimming. We're going to paddle around in a canoe or a kayak. Do you know what those are?"

"They're boats," she said.

"Very good! You are just SO smart!" he said as he rubbed her nose with his causing her to laugh loudly.

Shane set Alexandra down as he opened the trunk and went to put the bag inside. He saw Libby opening the passenger door and said, "Don't make me come over there and have to hurt you!"

She pulled her hand away from the handle as though it was radioactive. "Sorry!" she said. "I'm clearly not used to being around a gentleman."

She stood there and waited for Shane to open her door. As he did he said getting very close to her ear, "Well...get used to it." She smiled at him in a way that sent an old, familiar feeling through his body. He smiled back then helped Alexandra into her car seat after having to explain to her what it was and why she had to sit in it.

"I feel very underdressed," he told Libby as he started the car. He was wearing a mostly-white-with-some-blue Air Force Academy tee-shirt, a pair of running shorts, and some flip flops.

"I feel way over dressed," she admitted with a laugh.

He looked over at her and said, "Oh, you look pretty much perfectly dressed. Trust me on that."

Another one of those smiles made Shane thankful he'd worn a jock with his shorts. He also did, but had he worn underwear, well, he was sure Libby would know exactly how he felt about her or at least the effect she was having on him.

After a very light lunch, the three of them decided to check out a canoe rather than a kayak. It was a lot easier to sit in and control and would be just as pleasant as far as paddling around went.

Each of them donned life jackets and once again, Shane explained what was going on knowing Alexandra was too young to understand the kinds of safety requirements America had but Russia didn't outside of maybe Moscow—maybe. Sure, some people had car seats and life preservers but they were either luxuries or deemed unnecessary by most people and downright silly by many others.

"I grew up in Laramie and I've always loved this place. It's so pretty out here today," Libby said as they pushed off and Shane began to paddle.

"I hear you. I'm surrounded by pretty," Shane said. They were wearing sunglasses but she still saw him wink at her and that made her smile again.

Shane had grabbed a small oar at the front desk knowing Alexandra would want to paddle the boat. He pulled her up on his lap and said, "Okay, you have to say the English word first, okay?"

She nodded as he handed the oar and said the word in both languages. "Oar," she said.

"Now say, 'I am paddling'," he said several times.

"I am paddling," she repeated.

"I am paddling with the oar," he said extending the sentence.

It took her two times but she got that, too.

"You're amazing, Shane," Libby said with genuine admiration.

Shane was thoroughly enjoying himself, but what he couldn't see was the way Libby was looking at him. What he didn't know was the way she'd begun thinking about him. She was beyond touched that this younger man...this man...was so good with her daughter. It wasn't just that he spoke her language, it was the way he genuinely cared about her. There was a strong human connection between them that had deeply touched her heart.

As she watched and enjoyed the interaction she had to remind herself this was just a friendly date. For that matter, it wasn't even an actual date. It was just people spending time together. She knew Shane was too nice a guy to tell her 'no' when she'd blurted out those words. He was strong, handsome, and...young while she was well, widowed and lonely and...not so young. So...this was really more like tutoring than anything else. Or at least that's what she told herself to keep from getting her hopes up too high before beating herself up for even thinking things like that. He couldn't even be 30 years old, for goodness sakes. Libby wasn't a whiz at math, but even she knew that at 37, he had to be at least...

"Whoa! Careful, silly girl! You almost fell in!" Libby was startled back to reality and horrified at the thought she hadn't been watching. Shane's arm shot out and grabbed Alexandra's as she stood up and tried to look over the edge and lost her balance.

Once her heart got out of her throat and her head out of her...backside, Libby finally exhaled and pulled Alexandra onto to her lap. "Be careful, sweetheart!" she said as she wrapped both arms around her.

"Я черепаху видела!" she said pointing to the water.

"You saw a turtle? Down there? In the water?" Shane asked in one of his silly voices.

"Yes, I did!" she replied. "Right there!"

She was pointing next to the boat and sure enough there was a big old shell floating next to them with the turtle's nose just above the surface. "He wants to come aboard," Shane said as he reached over and grabbed it. He sat it in between them and said, "We have company!"

Alexandra was fascinated by the creature and loved watching it pull its head inside its shell every time she went to touch it. It became a kind of game and each time it happened, she would pull her hand back and laugh. After a few minutes of fun Shane told her they had to let him go and Alexandra helped him put the turtle back in the lake. As it happily swam away Alexandra waved and said, "Bye-bye!"

"Speaking of bye-bye, our time is almost up, Libby. You ready to head back in?"

On the way home Alexandra fell asleep in her car seat. "She's out like a light," Libby said. Shane saw her rosy cheeks in the mirror and nodded. "She really likes you, Shane."

He smiled and said, "The feeling is mutual. She's a very sweet little girl."

"Yes, she is," Libby agreed. Several moments passed in silence before Libby got up the nerve to ask Shane a question.

"Shane? Are you seriously not dating anyone? I mean...no one at all?"

"Nope. No one." Since he hadn't called Heidi that was the God's-honest truth. "Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'm old fashioned." She laughed then said, "Or maybe just old." Shane didn't laugh so she continued. "It just seems like you'd be such a great dad after watching how wonderful you are with Alexandra. Do you not have any interest in a family of your own?"

He smiled and said, "I'm interested. I just haven't had any luck finding someone I'd be willing to settle down with. But sure, I'm interested."

"Oh, okay. Well, you have plenty of time. You're still very young so there's no hurry." Shane didn't take the bait so Libby had to ask. "I was just wondering. Um...how old are you?" She saw him grin at her and she immediately added, "You don't have to tell me, of course. I was just curious. It's none of my busi..."

"I'm 27, Libby." He smiled and said, "I know better than to ask a woman her age so I..."

"I'm 37," she immediately volunteered without being asked. "And I should also say I was married for 15 years. You know, just in case you were wondering." She smiled nervously then felt foolish—again—and wished she'd left well enough alone. Then again, what harm could it do to ask a few friendly questions so she asked one more.

"Would you like to come in for a while?"

"Um, well, I guess I could carry Sleeping Beauty inside," he told her. Libby had that feeling again when she saw Shane carrying her 'baby' in his arms. She was out cold and were he not holding her so tight, she'd have flopped around like a rag doll.

Libby opened the door and Shane carried her to her bedroom. Libby pulled back the sheets as Shane gently laid her down. "Sleep tight, Princess," he said kissing her on the forehead.

Libby pulled a sheet over her and kissed her cheek. "I'm not even going to try and learn how to say 'good night'."

"Good call," he told her. "It's not as bad as 'hello' but it isn't the easiest phrase, either."

"You said you grew up speaking Russian. Would you mind telling me about that?" she asked as they left the room.

He told her how his mom came to America as a Jewish refugee from the former Soviet Union in the '70s and ended up in Seattle, Washington, where she met his father. "And the rest is, as they say, history."

"Are you close with your parents?" she asked.

"Yeah, I guess. We take turns calling each other every week and I try to get home once a year or so. You?"

"Oh, definitely. My mom is my best friend and my dad is my hero. They still live in Laramie where I grew up. We're all very close."

"No brothers or sisters?"

"No, just little old me." She gave him a look when he smiled assuming it must have been related to the word 'old.' "Would you like anything to drink, Shane?"

"Um, sure. I'll take a beer if you'll have one with me."

"Sounds great. There's nothing like a cold beer on a warm day."

She brought him one and they sat down to talk.

"I was wondering if you might be interested in maybe tutoring Alexandra. Or even both of us. I can't pay you a lot, but I would pay you."

"I'd love to and no, you can't pay me. You can't because I won't let you." Libby started to protest but Shane cut her off. "Look, I'm currently the only link you have to your daughter's mind. I have the ability to connect you to her and I can only imagine how scary it would feel not knowing if she's happy, sad, sick, or whatever. So until she can speak well enough that you feel comfortable, I'm happy to help."

"I don't even know what to say to that. 'Thank you' seems so inadequate. Nevertheless, thank you—again. This means more to me than you can know."

"It's not exactly hard work or something I dread. After all, I get to be around that precious little bundle of joy sleeping in her bed and let's be honest. You're not exactly hard to look at yourself, Libby."

Libby managed not to blush, but she was so flustered by the compliment she did a 'pshaw' kind of thing and said, "That's very funny! A handsome, young guy like you saying something like that about a woman like me."

Shane got very serious and looked right at her. "You know, you're absolutely right."

"I am?" she said now wishing she hadn't said a word.

"Well, yeah. I mean, why in the world would I guy like me be attracted to fabulously good-looking woman like you? What kind of fool would want to be around a beautiful woman who's also smart, kind, and caring? No, you nailed it, Libby. I can't think of any reason why a guy like me would want to be around a woman like you."

Libby had stopped smiling when he told her she was absolutely right. Now she was sitting there slack jawed unaware her mouth was open.

"You okay?" he asked her.

She blinked twice then realized she was 'catching flies' and closed her lips. "Um, yes. I'm okay. I think."

"You think?"

"I guess that depends. Did you really just tell me you're attracted to me? And if you did, were you serious?"

Shane smiled and said, "Wow, you really catch on fast!"

She picked up a pillow and threw it at him. "Don't be mean! I'm sitting over here trying to wrap my head around that and you're teasing me."

"What's needs wrapping, Libby? Here, I'll spell it out for you. For reasons beyond your control and for which I'm truly very sorry, you're single. So am I. You're also not just pretty, you're downright beautiful. As if that's not enough, you also have a kind, tender, loving soul and this smile that just takes my breath away. So...what's not to get?"

"Two words," she replied in an almost hollow voice. "Thirty-seven. Or is that one hyphenated word?" She tried to laugh but it was a nervous laugh that betrayed her attempt to portray confidence.

"Oh, right. I forgot about that. Good point. What was I thinking? After all, you'll be going on Social Security soon and be needing a hip replacement. Maybe even dentures and a new knee. Yeah, that really puts things in perspective." He tried not to smile but he couldn't help it when she picked up the other pillow and flung that at him, too.

"You make me so crazy!" she said.

"Crazy crazy or...crazy about me crazy?" he asked his eyebrows raised in sincerity.

"Maybe a little of both?" she said quietly. "Maybe even...a lot of both?"

"You sound rather unsure of yourself," he said. He stood up, went to the couch and pointed to the empty spot next to her. "May I?"

"That depends," she said.

"On?"

"On what you're going to do next."

"Is there anything you don't want me to next?" He sat down without permission then asked, "Or is there maybe something you'd like me to do next?"

He reached up and brushed her ponytail to the back. "Oh God," she whispered as her eyes met his.

"Not hardly," he teased at the inference he was God. In his best London accent he said, "Tis but I, a mere mortal among men smitten with the radiant beauty of the loveliest woman of all."

He held out his hand as she looked down at her lap. She hesitated then offered hers to him. "Fear not, fair lady for I shall always care for and protect thine heart against the slings and arrows of life's..."

Her heart was pounding out of her chest and she couldn't even look at him as she said, "Are you going to kiss me or keep making up dumb poetry lines all day?"

"A little over the top?" he asked.

"Yes. A little. Cute and charming I have to admit, but yes, over the top."

"How's this instead?" he asked quietly as leaned over in front of her face.

"Very nice," she said as she parted her lips to accept his kiss. Libby had wanted him to kiss her since they were sitting in the canoe yet never let herself believe it would ever happen and even now she was already worried this—whatever this was—would end as suddenly as it started.

As first kisses went, this one wasn't one for the record books. It was soft and sweet, yet it was also long and passionate. No tongues touched but it was pretty doggone amazing.

"It's my turn to say 'wow'," Libby said as the kiss ended. She smiled without really looking at him then said, "Wow and...wow!"

Neither of them had heard Alexandra get up or walk in as they kissed so both of them were startled when they heard her voice. "Мамочку любите?" "Do you love my mommy?" She was standing there holding her favorite doll just staring at them.

Shane smiled at her and answered in Russian. "Yes, but don't tell her yet. It's our secret okay?"

Alexandra smiled and said she agreed. She then walked over to them and said in English, "Kiss." Both adults reached for her but Libby gave way when she saw Shane reached for her, too.

He pulled her onto his lap, wrapped his arms around her and started kissing her neck on the left side as Libby did so from the right. Alexandra was shrieking with laughter in no time and begging them to stop. "But you said 'kiss'!" Shane reminded her.

"Not so many!" she told him through screams of laughter.

"Now she wants us to stop," Shane told Libby.

"I didn't hear her say stop," Libby said. She looked at Shane and both of them dove back in for round two.

"Stop, stop, stop!" she screamed in Russian laughing so hard Libby worried she might pee her pants.

Shane told her she had to say 'stop' in English and gave her the word. She screamed out, "Stop!"

"Say please!" Libby added.

"Please stop!" Alexandra's face was beet red and she was out of breath when they finally stopped. Libby was smiling so big Shane thought she might hurt herself.

"Come here, munchkin!" Libby said holding her arms out. Alexandra fell into them and put her arms around her neck.

"Me love mommy," she said. Neither of the adults laughed but Libby did tear up.

"I love you too, Alexandra," Libby told her.

"So do I," Shane chimed in. "I love you, too."

"Shane kiss," she said. He pecked her on the cheek but Alexandra said. "No! Mommy!"

"Do you want me to kiss your mommy?" he asked. He pointed to himself as he said 'me' then to Libby when he said 'mommy.'

"Yes. Shane kiss mommy!"

"You heard her, right?" he said to Libby.

"Well, we don't want to confuse her, do we?" she said as they moved closer to each other.

"No. That would so wrong," he replied.

"Yes, very wrong." Libby's eyes closed as Shane kissed her again.

"Me kiss!" Alexandra said.

They waited to see what she meant. Alexandra pointed to her own lips and both of the grown ups laughed again.

"Oh, okay. A real kiss. Here we go!" Shane buzzed in again and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Now give mommy a kiss."

Alexandra turned around and did just that. She pointed at Shane then Libby then herself. "Kiss, kiss, kiss!" she said then clapped loudly.

When things quieted down Shane asked her if she wanted anything and she asked for water. He taught her how to ask in English and moments later she was saying, "May I have some water please?"

When she did, Libby clapped and hugged her tight. She got Libby a glass then said, "Shane? Do you want to stay for dinner?"

He got up and walked over to her and put his arms around her. "If you're not tired of me yet I'll stay."

"Oh, is that the criterion by which I decide when you leave?" she asked playfully.

"It could be," he said noncommittally.

"Then you might never be leaving," she said flashing that beautiful smile at him.

"I can think of worse things," he teased back. "Are you saying you might not mind if I stayed a little while longer after dinner?"

Libby tilted her head and looked up briefly before saying, "I can think of worse things than you spending some extra time here. I mean, how else will I know what Alexandra needs?"

"Good point. What if she wanted warm milk before bed and you brought her more water?"

"That would terrible of me, wouldn't it?" she replied as they stared into one another's eyes. As he kissed her again, they both heard Alexandra giggling before saying 'kiss, kiss' again as she pointed to them.

"I think your mommy might love me too, but don't say anything, okay?" he told her with a wink.

"Это наш секрет!" she whispered loudly. "It's our secret!"

"What did you just tell her?" Libby said in a playfully demanding way.

"Who me?" Shane said pretending he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Yes...you!" she said as she put her arms around his neck. "What did you tell her?"

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,798 Followers