All Comments on 'Two Loves Pt. 02'

by Romantic1

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Interesting

I believe both Matthew and Emma need some serious psychiatric help. What they have together is not normal. Emma more than Matt because she is the "other" woman and says she is perfectly satisfied.

Somehow I know it will come out that Megan is aware of this affair and probably has been having affairs of her own.

I don't like that this is being portrayed as a loving and caring story because basically it is a cheating and betrayal story. I hope this turns out right. We'll see...

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
THE TWO LIFES LEARN ABOUT MICRO-MULTI TASKING

and more of everyday troubles still hit close to any home, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I know more is to come...

I have traveled this path... So far I could have told this... Ours did turn very sad... I did not state this as a turn off... I am the luckiest man in the world...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Changed my mind....

Should have lived with Emma and not be a "family man" I know i should not read this but i can not help myself but it brings me pain cause i see myself as a Dependable Boring Megan, oh and what if this was about a woman doing what you were doing there would be screams of "slut" by the gentleman on here.

bobby9909bobby9909almost 12 years ago
So...

Is Megan having an affair of her own?

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 12 years ago
I wonder how this series will evolve...

I'm not comfortable with the whole cheating idea, but the mistress in this case is also quite unusual, since she helps foster her lover's relationship with his wife instead of driving a wedge between spouses....this is quite different from the usual "other woman" characters found in similar stories. Since I really enjoyed the previous "Road" series by this author, I'll stick around to see what develops here....

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

An interesting story about two loving relationships on opposite coasts. I will be very surprised if we do not find out that Megan not only knows about the "other woman", but is having an affair, or affairs of her own over the time this story covers, maybe even with her Dr. employer. Women are very intuitive and when he cancelled his hotel reservation early on it provided very fertile ground to be found out. The extra days he takes are usually a sure sign that there is another interest somewhere. In any case the story is well written and captures my imagination.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 12 years ago
Still a great love story . . .

. . . of three people and four relationships. There is a bit of a problem with Megan being left out, but she has developed a passion in her career in this chapter. This is a really top notch and quite honest story. I am sure there will be some down the road explosion, tension and some sort of resolution; I will await author's telling of those events in his way and time. Here are some specific points about Chapter 02 that are very strictly personal thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------

Em pulled away finally and looked me in the eyes with hers. She whispered, "Matthew, I love you."

Without hesitation, I replied with genuine emotion, "Emma, I love you too."

BNb - There is a committment in this simple three word phrase that is so distinctly separate from the similar "love ya girl". I have used it three times in my life: first to the woman I was married to for thirty-one years; next to a long term and caring woman I have been close to for seventeen years; and last to a lady I still care for who couldn't accept my love. One thing I am sure of is that one can love multiple women simultaneously. The I love You phrase also removes, any notion of cheating, but it can add complications difficult to resolve.

-------------------------

I stayed over Friday, although that was to have been my travel day. I had a Saturday evening dinner with Megan, so I called to let her know that I'd be there, but that I'd be on an airplane a good part of Saturday. She seemed unusually quiet, yet didn't ask why I'd stayed an extra day.

BNb - Been there, done that, but with just a girlfriend, not one of the three I Love You women.

-------------------------

She responded, "In terms of a hard disk, you know you have a hundred megs in your computer now, it's just not removable media. The industry is on its own version of Moore's Law with this stuff. You'll have a hard drive with a gigabyte around a decade from now, and a hundred gigs a decade after that. We seem to be improving a hundred fold each decade, at least with magnetic media."

BNb - I recall working on a large database problem in 1980 and getting a 300 MB disk drive for data storage to replace two 80 drives. This was in a mainframe environment and the new 300 was about three feet tall and the media looked about like an LP turntable with maybe seven or eight platters stacked up and ready to play. Times have changed.

------------------------

Emma leaned up and kissed me tenderly. She said, "I love you too. I'm committed to you silly, and I know you're committed to me ... and we're both committed to Megan, even if she doesn't know about me. Commitment is about making choices that preserve the relationship. In this case, we all want to preserve the balance of things.

BNb - Emma's closing statement is the key to this conversation and essential to the Two Loves theme; both must work constantly " ... to preserve the balance ... ".

-----------------------------------

She asked, "So, if things stay in their boxes, you don't feel guilty?"

"Usually," I replied thoughtfully. "Sometimes, something happens that reminds me of both worlds, like that time when my friend Mark confessed that he'd had a series of one night stands. Completely different, and no love involved, but it reminded me that I live in two worlds at the same time. What bothered him most was being labeled a 'cheater.' That label bothers me too; yet somehow this doesn't feel like cheating. I just happen to be in love with two women, and one just happens to know about the other."

BNb - This paragraph goes to the heart of what I pointed out earlier about cheating. There is nothing at all nefarious about the relationship that Matt and Emma have with each other and the only troubling element at all, potentially, is that Megan as wife is in the dark.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Megan is having an affair.

The only reasonable thought coming from Megan's action and chosen time away from home, and not being concern about his away time, is that Megan is having an affair. The sad revelation will have him alone and without anyone. Megan will have someone else that she is having an affair with and Emma does not want and everyday relationship. A sad ending with children envoled that are possibly not his. If she is not able to have any more kids, why would he need to be fixed?

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
I like mutuality

I would be glad if Megan was affair(s). I like mutuality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Megan is not only fucking her boss,but that the kids are his too, and the time she spends away from her husband is not studying, but fucking the good doctor

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
It seems as if Matthew Carter doesn't really have a relationship with either women.

With his wife Megan , she is either having an affair with some other man, or is so tied up with her carrer she doesn't have the time or emotions to have any initiative to be involved with her marriage to Matt, and Matt just sticks his head in the dirt and doesn't want to see that she is avoiding their relationship.

Matt's relationship with Emma; he seems to be using her as an aversion to his marriage to Megan. He gets the intimate and sexual relationship he doesn't have with Megan

The only one of the three that is being honest to herself and to Matt is Emma. She is very clear with her feelings towards the relationship she has with Matt.The one thing with Emma; she seems to be reluctant to making any long term and continuous commitments and doesn't want a permanent or serious relationship with anyone, including her family.

I am curious as to what is in the future for the three of them.

Thanks for the read.

maxjonesmaxjonesalmost 12 years ago
I am continuing to read this series

...for just one reason. That reason is to confirm my assumptions on the author's psychology and maturity.

I have no emotional bond with any of the characters, because I do not accept any of the arguments (not as in 'arguing', but as in the dialog examining the situation, as such as you would do in a debate) and justifications that the author has presented.

All of the banter between the two lead characters is designed to remove blame from their actions. However, while Megan knows nothing of the relationship, all of that is totally meaningless.

If he had told Megan about Emma from day one, and he and Megan still entered into a relationship with eyes open, then that would be different, even if not of interest to me either.

The thing is, that Megan would not have been told of the affair under any circumstances, because both Emma and Matt know that it would have spelt the end for Matt and Megan's relationship.

Also, Emma is actually selfish. She wants all the cream... a bed buddy without having to suffer the 'hard yards' that true commitment requires. It is telling that at one point in the story, Matt realizes that a traditional relationship and/or marriage to Emma would not work. That could only be because there is not enough substance in their lives to make it work.

The author has telegraphed that the baby is the doctor's, and I will be very surprised if that doesn't end up to be the case.

I am very happy that my world is not like the one in this story. This is one of deceit, self-deception, and betrayal, no matter how it is painted.

Re: Emma's history and reasons for her character traits...

My own older sister was, and still is, a hippy. Her 'free love' and commitment philosophies have seen her slide from one partner to the next, sometimes deserting them, blindsiding them because she kept her new love interest quiet till she was ready to jump ship. My sister has also left a trail of damaged children in her wake. I don't care that she's a hippy. I do care that she has let people down. That lifestyle is just an excuse for selfishness.

If the rest of the story unfolds the way I expect, the only thing that would make me a little satisfied, is if the author changed his name from 'Romantic1'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

to feel such a mutual connection - priceless

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 12 years ago
Megan's Affair???

With everyone's commentary that Megan must be having an affair with her boss, the doctor, and that he is probably the father of the two girls I thought I had glossed over something in my reading of this chapter. I read it once again. One can read into the "a sad revelation" tag line at the end something suspicious such as Megan's having an affair, but nothing else in my reread of the second chapter really points in that direction.

What I see is two people having serious careers. Megan rejected the upper middle class housewife role her mother had prepared her for. She decided on a medical career and threw herself into it completely. That may well be a typically male trait, but many women I have known and been friends with in work situations have done the same thing. The family interactions Romantic1 has described are absolutely common for the child rearing years of a marriage and the growth years of careers. What little he has told us about Megan's character as woman doesn't lead me to think of her as a highly sexual individual.

I may be wrong, been there and done that plenty of times, but I will take the wait and see approach and be really surprised if Megan turns out to be a hot wife, slutty, type of person. I still see this as a three part love story.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Extremely Interesting

Tugs at your heartstrings while leaving you feeling guilty. Can we like anyone in this story? is this relevant to our appreciation of the work? Do we feel guilty about not ranting against Matthew and Emma? Wild!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow

What a complex set of feelings I have about this tale you are spinning. I'm moving back and forth between feeling tender about the sweetness of the Matthew-Emma love affair and feeling angry about the deception involved. I also have a foreboding about the relationship between Megan and her boss. Nicely written, R1. The story is occupying my consciousness, and I am looking forward to resolving my conflicts over it.

maxjonesmaxjonesalmost 12 years ago
BobnBobbi,

I don't think Megan is going to be a 'slutty, hot wife' at all.

I still think the good Dr. is going to be the father of at least the latter child, but it will be both.

Instead of Megan being slutty and hot, she is self-serving and uncaring. She just wants everything her way, and be damned if anyone else's concerns come into the equation.

To me, it is obvious the author is comfortable with this, and is setting it up in the subtext, of which there is way too much, and like I said before, telegraphs the conclusion...

- "Dr Charles Budray" is a 6'6 professional, obviously meant to be strong in both his body and his character, who has been Megan's boss for 5 years, and delivered both the babies (also being the family Dr).

- Megan works for him at both his usual rooms and at a clinic, so she spends at least 85% of her waking hours with him, coming home to be fed and sleep (more often than not, running into overtime at work).

- Home life for Matt and Megan is no longer romantic, but has plateaued out into just going through the motions.

- When the baby is born, Megan's first concern is getting dear hubby the chop. She can't have him mucking up her planned life, which I think we will find is all going along on track. She hasn't really wanted her husband for a while... at least since she has found her groove. What she actually wants is a self-funding babysitter.

Matt getting a vasectomy is meant to be their 'family plan', but I think if you had been a fly on the wall when it was decided, you would have found that it would have been Megan letting him know what the family plan was going to be!

Budray checks the newborn over, and comments, ""I think this one is as perfect as Eleanor was," He does make comment that 'you two' make lovely babies, but I will reserve judgment on that till the conclusion of the story.

He then goes on to say, "Take good care of her; she's more valuable to me than my right hand."

Who is he talking to the nurses about? Megan, or the baby, or both?

What would be worth more than a right hand to a man? His partner? His child? His subordinate? Hmmm. Let's wait and see.

I do believe it will come out that wifey and the Dr have been gettin' jiggy with it for a very long time, but it is yet to be seen how Matt reacts. No matter whether he remains in wifey's life or not, he will have to be accepting of the situation, as he has been every bit as deceiving as Megan... as a result of his own weakness and Emma's influence. I mean, Emma actually pushed Matt and Megan together! She guided him to seduce Megan and win her hand in marriage, preferring to remain in the shadows herself. All of these factors make the ingredients for long and successful relationships? Only in wonderland.

______

[In the hands of a more overt humiliation junky like UKresearcher, it would have eventually come out that Emma and Megan were childhood friends, and chose Matt for this role before any of the action took place. Matt would have discovered it all when he came home to find the Dr and Emma both doing Megan. LOL. -ukresearcher, do not use these comments as planning notes for your next true story]

______

How many of you out there, have met women who DON'T want a relationship with strings, who wants to just fuck your brains out and then send you home to wifey, without it eventuating that they want to be your wife's replacement, or to at least extort money from you?

So in the end, our hero is just not good enough for a full time r'ship with Emma, not good enough to keep Megan, has been a dupe and plaything for the both of them and is now getting his nuts put through the blender, so he won't even be able to carry on his bloodline. Which will do us all a favor.

Hope I haven't spoiled the surprises too much, Romantic1. And I hope I haven't caused a rewrite.

No matter the case, there is nothing erotic, nor romantic, in this story series, unless of course, you love humiliation and subjugation of the masculine (like UKresearcher and Matt Moreau).

BogartsBossBogartsBossalmost 12 years ago
Watching the speculation is interesting

But I think this is a simple love story with three parts.

From some hints, I will guess Megan found Matt's notes regarding Em.

She's ok with the affair as it keeps Matt on an even keel, and she is preoccupied with medicine.

R1 has an ongoing theme in his stories of our ability to love more than one concurrently. I agree with that premise.

Since I have started writing, I find myself reading fewer authors here. Romantic1 is on that short list.

Keep it coming.

Reindeer58Reindeer58over 11 years ago
You keep them coming

I don't understand why this isn't at least a 4.5. Here's my 5

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

wow the husband is a cheating piece of grabage and so it the woman he is cheating with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not

as interesting as the first episode, but I will certainly keep reading. Tim413

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
too close to real

Except for depth of the male's understanding and act of romance, this is a parrallel to my life, including the Love the San Francisco area. She gave me so much and I feel i gave so little in return. Our sex was wonderful but the relationship was so much more

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
NOW YOU CAN THINK ABOUT AUNTIE EM

and a tornado in Kansas. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Dirty Cheaters

And I’m waiting for the shoe to drop regarding Megan.

Just feels like it to me that the kids are fathered by Megan’s Doc boss.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Cheating as whole and his whore. Just hope they get burned to a crisp in next chapter.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

I love this story. I love the elapse of time. It is so well written. I just hope that it doesn’t end badly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous