Two Wheel Desires Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Clearly upset, he excused himself and left the room. All I could think of was getting through this and getting outside where I could breathe fresh air.

The judge eventually returned, walking directly to his chair. His face was expressionless, not looking directly at anyone. He waited a few moments before speaking.

"Reading through all these financial documents, I noticed that at no time during this marriage did the two of you ever file a joint tax return." The judged stated. "Would one of you care to explain the reasoning behind that?"

"Yes, your Honor." Gary's attorney spoke up. "Since Mrs. McConnell made four to five times what my client made, he filed his own tax return to stay in a lower tax bracket."

"But he did share in the combined wealth, I take it?" The judge surmised. "Am I correct on assuming that?"

"Yeah...yes, your Honor." Gary mumbled.

The judge inquired about the two of us living in a waterfront home on Geist Reservoir, asking which of us was responsible for it. Since it was one of my perks, I had to give him full disclosure about the arrangement. I tried to make it brief since he seemed to already know everything I was going to say ahead of time.

Next he asked about the fifty-thousand dollar cash settlement I'd offered Gary along with allowing him to keep his Land Rover and the bank accounts in his name. I admitted I'd made the offer, seeing he already knew the details. I was getting worried, thinking my personal bank accounts were about to be drained.

With the judge leaning back in his chair I sensed the moment of truth was about to be revealed. I glanced over at the legal clerk, seeing her poised to record his decision.

"I'm granting the divorce, effective this date, with the following stipulations." He stated, looking at both Gary and me. "The personal property of Gary McConnell shall remain his including the Land Rover. This is also to include the personal bank accounts listed solely in his name."

There was a hesitation and then a bombshell, like the calm before the storm.

"That's all I have to say." The judge affirmed, pushing his chair back. "These proceedings are closed."

"What about my son's money?" Gary's mother screamed, slamming her hand down on the table.

"Ma'am, don't ever do that again or I'll hold you in contempt of court!" The judge threatened. "Your son got more than he deserved. He should count himself lucky."

My attorney and I waited until everyone left the room. I looked straight ahead, staring at a faded painting of George Washington hanging on the wall.

"Well...you're finally a free woman." My attorney stated in a barely audible voice. "It paid off not negotiating with them."

"Send me your bill as soon as possible, will ya?" I requested, glancing at him. "I wanna get this whole ordeal wrapped up and put to rest."

Walking out of the courthouse, I took in a long deep breath. The fresh air felt wonderful. Lighting up a cigarette, I made a dash for my car. A small crowd had formed around the back of Gary's Land Rover. Approaching the scene cautiously I saw my now ex-husband lying on the ground with his nose and mouth bleeding. It was obvious ole' Gerald had decked him.

"You did this!" Gary's mother screamed, seeing me standing in the crowd.

"If I'd done anything, it'd be his asshole that was bleeding!" I shouted back.

To Be Continued...