All Comments on 'U-N-I Ch. 05'

by unilive

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
S_IsemenS_Isemenalmost 5 years ago
2nd Time around

First thing I F***ING HATE Microsoft! WHY? Because I was 1 sentence away from finishing this comment when Microsoft decided to hi-jack my laptop to do the up-date thing which took 20 mins. I could ill afford. So once again here's my comment . . .

AAARRRGGHH!! Coming from a background of working in 'the biz' there are some parts of this chapter that annoy the bejayzus out of me. Bands should NEVER go into a studio to WRITE an album - that's what rehearsal rooms and such are for! Studio time is EXPENSIVE rehearsal spaces (and your bedroom or dad's garage!) are far less so. Bands like U2 (and a few before them e.g. The Police/Def Leppard/Led Zep) got into the habit of doing this but it was generally as a tax-dodge. Record labels would NEVER allow a new band to do it. Tweak songs in the studio? Yes. Use studio time to write from scratch? Rarely, if ever.

(Personal/professional rant over)

That said it didn't stop me enjoying the writing as a whole or this chapter specifically.

I can't help wondering how many gay couples have 'come out' by being 'found out' I just wish those doing the finding out were all as understanding as Rob &Mark's band-mates. And I'm really glad Mark's split with Rachel didn't cause nuclear fall-out for everyone.

This is the second time (as you may guess from the title) I've read this story this week and I'm still loving it - I was too busy reading it to leave comments/ratings the first time so I'm doing it now : }

(Come on people if you've read this far you've been hooked by the storyline and characters so PLEASE let unilive know what you think - it's important)

uniliveunilivealmost 5 years agoAuthor

you know what, I wrote this chapter in just one day! Just like the previous four. At the beginning the story just blurted out of me lol so I definitely didn't do my research. I should have because I kind of know that stuff now.

See, this is why comments are so great because they can make the story better. Now, if I ever rework this chapter, I will take this knowledge into account and write it differently. You're right, they should have been in a rehearsal room or something. Although it could still be believable since they re also supposed to be recording songs they had already written.

I started doing more research with chapter 6 and the conversation with Bono. I wanted it to be believable so I tried to use everything I knew about him, some stuff I had read, I had to re-read a book about him etc... I loved writing it! Good memories! And yeah of course they should have some fun together, it wouldn't even be realistic if they had only been together, esp doing what they do! They're actually pretty well behaved in my opinion!

dnsontndnsontnabout 2 years ago

I want to tag on to S_Isemen’s comment below in a couple of ways. Comments (feedback) for these brave Authors are important. If you found the time to read, take the time to say something. Take the time to create a profile in case your comment creates conversation. Believe me, sometimes that happens and I’ve had great exchanges with Authors and fellow readers. I also agree that some industry stuff is a bit “off” here (ntn in my handle = Nashville TN) but it does not detract from the story in the least. To read (or write) fiction requires suspending disbelief for a moment. I’m excited to read on …

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userunilive@unilive
77 Followers
update : I've revised the story before writing more chapters and you can now find the story on Amazon and get yourself a kindle or a paperback book!! Pretty cool, isn't it? Check it out!! and if you could leave a nice review, that'd be awesome! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

U-N-I Ch. 04 Previous Part
U-N-I Ch Series Info