All Comments on 'U.S.A.F.'

by robertreams

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
A great Story...

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. I really hope there's much more to follow. Thank you for sharing.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

I kind of enjoyed this. I'm former Air Force and know what Jeff went through. I didn't serve back when he did but I know what he experienced. The things he went through were kind of funny, especially when he was almost shot up.

Do a follow up, maybe after Jeff has completed school with his degree. Then he can go back home and show his dad that he was smart enough to do something with his life.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970about 10 years ago
Cool story!

FWIW I joined the navy for similar reasons, and made a rather shambolic mess of it- from "nuclear field" candidate to deck ape.

Another story for another time, but it seems to be the nature of the US military to find creative ways to misuse folks' talents.

Eagerly awaiting your next submission,

Ex-Seaman Montgomery, USN

doodlesdaddoodlesdadalmost 10 years ago
Liston?

"knocked out his beloved champion Sonny Liston" Liston was nobody's beloved champion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
whydoyou

trytoconveyanything.PHONY

1*

robertreamsrobertreamsalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Liston

How the hell do you know whether Sonny was my beloved champ or not?

God I can't stand people wth their opinionated asshole anonymouse comments.

In fact, having knocked out "Uncle Tom" Floyd Patterson, and every "white hope" that came along, he was, though a street brawler type of fighter, beloved by many.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Wow! Yes, definety Wow!

Robert, I want to congratulate you for writing such a terrific story of endurance to the travesties of life. Your character Jeff is so real, so three dimensional for a fiction, especially on this site.

I look forward to reading your other postings. I see those are mainly Gay Male, not my usual choice for reading material. But your writing has impressed me, so what the fuck! I'll go ahead and push the boundaries of my prejudices and try them all out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sounds familiar

brings back memories, both good an bad. air force chow, after basic was pretty damned good all around the globe. basic was a pain in the ass. idiot's like you portrayed are in all services. enjoyed your story, never did enjoyed lackland.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous