All Comments on 'Unchain My Heart'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments (Page 2)
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Just read this again

This is one of those stories for me like rewatching feel good videos when I need a smile. (Think Al Pacino’s final speech from Scent of a Woman, or the final sword fight from Rob Roy).

Thanks again!

tazz317tazz317almost 5 years ago
AS WELL AS THOSE INSURANCE RATES GETTING HIGHER

the rate one what gives the most worry is the Heart. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dumb Idiot

Once a cheater, and all the rest of the BS. Me, I'd of just let the divorce go through the court system...let her new lover take care of her cheating ass.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I really liked it. 5*

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 5 years ago
I can't buy it.

I've seen a few reconciliation stories that I liked, but...

He watched them arrive in the corvette. She grabbed her wine, and headed straight into his room.

If there was no spark at dinner, why didn't she just head on to her room instead. But no, she went into his, and the door closed.

That's not including the lies and deception that got her there.

Did she say, "Honey, you're going away for a week, so I thought I'd go see Barry for dinner and a motel date."

Does anyone think that'd fly?

Lol.

Nope, she was doing everything wrong already. Spending time in his room would have led to him wearing her down.

Can't give it a pass.

tight_assetstight_assetsover 4 years ago
A legal update

moreandmore, did you see that Ohio State tried to trademark the THE and they were rejected! Loved your story.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Live in Ohio....

...and After 35 years in the Columbus area I have NEVER seen a 'Vet in the winter. A Mustang once in a while but never a 'vet.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Damn!

Damn decisions that have to be made in life. Does one walk or try again? Decisions, decisions. Thanks for sharing. Oh.... I walked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just as entertaining on 2nd read

Thought I should pay the fee in comments to the author.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
it's funny how women get a stupid card

and men are just plain stupid (No Card)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flights of fancy

I know its fiction and we are supposed to suspend belief, but he left her in bed - travelled for 12 hours including air travel and she had not only beat him to the hotel driving through a snow storm, she had already gone out to dinner!

Ok I'm a Brit with only basic knowledge of US geography, also I didn't pick up where Tim and Lori are supposed to live.

Given that, I can only conclude that either Tim didn't drive to the nearest airport

Or Lori was driving a DeLorean and not a Sonata. Although trying to work out how a DeLorean would fare in a tug-of-war fluxes my capacitor.

If you have ever had you capacitor fluxed you know what I mean. Nudge nudge. Wink wink.

Sorry about the nit picking M&M but I just couldn't resist.

Oh yes I enjoyed your story 5*

There's one thing that's been puzzling ... No bugging me. The first story I read gave me the impression that it had been written by a Brit then Americanized. There were a number of words and phrases that stuck out like a sore thumb as British and the few other stories of yours that I have read have reinforced this view. I was therefor surprised that your location is Denver, whereas I would have pegged you in the London,Home Counties area. So M&M spill, do you have a British connexion?

Venustas

sorry my LE contact email is not working due to an isp screwup - sorting it is on my todo list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

The last paragraph was the best part of the story. It is a good story and a funny ending.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reading again. Comments are not in Lori's flavor concerning the cheating. I'm not sure either, but I liked the story.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Read closer folks

She came out fully dressed, remember. Nice touch though it really was too easy to get back together. Enjoyed the story, sorry for the nitpicking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

"So tell me how it was going to work if there was a spark."

He let her weasel out of that question way too easily. So if she goes to meet this guy, and there WAS still a spark, then what? Leave her husband and go back with the ex? Just fuck him the one time? Start an affair, try and juggle both and see how things go? BEST case scenario, acknowledge that she's still in love with the guy, but return in disappointment to her husband out of a sense of obligation to continue what is now a sham of a marriage in her heart? How important can her marriage be to her if she was open to any of those options? I mean, good for hubby that the guy only had a "low level management" job and his wife made most of the money. I take it if the guy was well off it might be a different story? He should have called her on that as well.

Also wish to echo some earlier comments that they could have "found out if there was still a spark" without meeting up alone in a motel with a bottle of wine while her husband was away, AFTER already having dinner together. Admittedly, the motel makes it a lot easier to betray her husband if there IS a spark, but if all she cared about was finding out for curiosity's sake, the motel was unneeded. They could have met up anywhere public, walked and talked. No need for a formal date. If there's a spark, they would begin to feel it then.

Even if there IS a spark, he's married and trying to seduce her, so he obviously hasn't changed his cheating ways that caused her to break up with him in the first place, so it still seems like a moot point, and far from important enough to risk driving in a snow storm to find out if there's still a spark, especially when she has a husband that she claims to love.

She claims there wasn't a spark at dinner, yet she bought a bottle of wine and headed to HIS motel room and not her own. To what end? We don't know. He doesn't bother asking.

Not saying he couldn't have taken her back eventually, but it was way too easy. With the way MIL was acting, I'd say a post-nup and polygraph should have been an absolute requirement to continue the marriage.

Thanks for the story

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Who cares that she came out dressed

the fact that she went to him to see if she could trade up is the problem, the act of fucking is the period at the end of a long run on sentence; he didnt just call up one the morning her husband left on that trip, the spent hours on the phone building a relationship, sharing secrets, abusing the trust of both of their spouses - hell cheating slut didnt even care about Barrys wife until she became a weapon to be used, the whole sordid affair from that very first phone call was cheating, the fact they didnt fuck doesnt erase the cheating, no more than the fact this sentence has no period erases all that came before the spot where it would sit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

When she went to the motel to see him she cheated. Then she took it farther and had dinner with him went back to his room and drank with him. She also knew her husband would not have put up with her actions so she lied. That’s 3 strikes l would have divorced her in a heart beat. He better go get checked for STD.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading and enjoyed. But agree with comments.

She cheated pure and simple.

Multiple times

She talked on phone etc with him how many times?

Set up meeting.

Met and dinner. Couldn't wind up everything then?

Wine and his room.

Never told husband truth. Caught and truth or lies?

calflashcalflashabout 4 years ago
Tim was right

when he asked her "Can I start checking out some women to see if there's a spark?" Her intentions were there even if she didn't go thru with it.

NitpicNitpicabout 4 years ago
Play

He should play safe and start hiding money away in case of a repeat.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
A small addition

He needs a postnup agreement.

Do it again bitch, you lose everything but the shirt on your back

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WHY O WHY DOES SHE TELL ME THOSE LIES

intent to cheat, is the same without the coitus cum. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This story was entertaining

a bit of fun. Thanks! 5

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago

I read your latest story liked it and picked two more at random. ALL were original and unique (to me). YOu are now in my favorite! 5! (Factorial)

secretsalsecretsalalmost 4 years ago

The Barry that Lori describes doesn't quite seem to fit with the guy who eats crow and acknowledges his fuckup, while admitting she has no feelings for him. Still, a salvage operation is always nice when possible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
re: secretsal

The Barry that Tim met was different. Having your life crumble around you because of your own stupidity can have a humbling experience on a person.

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
No

Should have gone through with the divorce. You can never truly trust anyone that would meet an ex without telling you, especially at a hotel. You don't have to BTB, just leave the relationship.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Lori comes across as quite vindictive and materialistic... what she did to barry was not the deed of someone deserving forgiveness.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
My second time with this one:

I realized early that I had read this before, but I liked it so I kept going.

Many readers have been commenting on her checking for "A Spark" and how she went about it & so on.

I submit that hubby should realize that if there were not a spark in her heart for Barry, she would never had gone to meet him at all. At the first contact by Barry, she should have been the proper wife and told Barry "Absolutely not" and inform him that if he persisted, she would inform her husband.

There was a spark, so she lied, and snuck behind her husband's back to see if the spark was sufficient to justify an affair. Deceit to have dinner with an old boyfriend, is enough to put the marriage on the rocks, but going to his motel room, bottle of wine in hand, cannot be defended, no matter how she and Barry were dressed when they came running out.

Game over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"I fully understand that I have only myself to blame if she ever does cheat on me."

Um, no. If someone does something horrible, then THEY are to blame. No one else.

In this case, he decided to believe that the whole situation was a case of unique stupidity. A likely scenario, since she never had closure with the ex. A rebound relationship might have been a part of that process, but the main character refused to play that role, instead opting to engage in a serious relationship with her. Always risky in this type of situation.

Great plot! I don't think I have seen it play out like this before. Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Barry came out the room bare feet and no shirt, that’s not just talking. And you would talk in public not a hotel room, plus she lied about the whole thing. Ditch the bitch.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reading again

This is a good one, and throws a little shade on the Ohio State. Roll Tide!

awyldsideawyldsideover 3 years ago

Why not go pound on the door and get her ass out? Then he knows for sure nothing happened and still get a post nup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As awyldside said pound on the door.

Shock the bitch. Give them ten minutes then go pound on the door. Then when asked "Who is it" answer "A very pissed off husband open the door you slut"

Then when the door is open hit the prick just once and kick him in the genitals and turn to the slut and say "Don't come home until you are prepared to explain why you have shat on our marriage"

Then leave but kick him in the balls once again and tell him to leave town before you get really mad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I think he made a bad decision not to divorce her. If she wants to get back together, it would not be as husband and wife. She could be the perpetual “ girlfriend” and she would always have to worry about not having the security of a marriage. That is her penance.

tanglosaxtanglosaxabout 3 years ago

C'mon all you anons. Lighten up: this is a hilarious story. You never know what to expect with M&M, and this one fits his mode perfectly. Picturing the Sonata and the Corvette sliding around the parking lot made me laugh out loud. Thanks, M&M. Tanglosax

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years ago

I'd have made her pay to fix/replace her car from her own cash instead of filing an insurance claim. As a start.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story. 5 stars. The scene in the parking lot was hilarious! And the dialogue was certainly funny.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Read it again. I still think I like the story more than I like the wife. She could have met him for dinner without going in his room. She was pushing.

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago

Usually I'm talking about the wife in these stories, but right now I'm referring to him. After only a three year marriage, and with his acceptance of having been a "placeholder", he didn't deserve the money. Hopefully, he was just jerking her around, which I would fully support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Five stars for the cars and chain.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Loved it! You do come up with some good shit to put people through...as long as it doesnt involve super glue that is.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 3 years ago

Trust is hard to regain.

Agreeing to meet him inconspicuously is a huge breach of trust, even if she did nothing. Hard to know what I would do in his shoes. Three years is not too long to start over, it's not as if he had invested in decades and a family.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

No, bad logic on the author's part or more lying on the wife's part. If she "knew it at dinner" that she was over him, what was the purpose of going to his motel room with a bottle of wine SHE was carrying. With that said, this story should have ended in a divorce. After all, Barry exited the room barefooted and almost shirtless.

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

Nothing happened, but both had to get dressed again to leave the motel room. No sir, she'll do it again...

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

postnup would be the only way for him to take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nah. Well written but a married woman does not meet in a motel room with a former boyfriend to "see if I was truly over him." She could decide that with a dinner in Columbus with her ex. Why did she lie to her husband about being with her mother? Because she knew he would be incendiary that she was meeting with an ex boyfriend without telling him. And the "nothing happened" routine is too glib. It's just as likely that at best, husband's call interrupted them before they got to the main event. I like feel good reconciliation stories; this one doesn't feel good. 3*** for the writing but no higher because her explanation doesn't hold water.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much to say as previous comments have exposed the errors in explanation, ie getting dressed, panic of them Leaving motel, needing to go to motel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The fact that she wanted to check if there was a spark with an ex says that she wasn't satisfied with her relationship with the MC. No matter how you spin it, that's the naked truth. She didn't cheat because she realized he was an asshole, but what if he hadn't been one? The odds say she would have cheated. Three years is not such a waste to start over with someone who makes you her first option and not just a starter husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He should have divorced the slut.. If he is so in love with her tell her to start afresh dating him and proving her love for him.. make her jump through hoops and then only get married again... but only after signing a pre nup. Don’t be a doormat!

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Liked this one. Her responses weren't too convincing, but the MC loved her, so the story worked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's going to be a really sad story in 12 to 15 years. 2 kids. Still no prenuptial or postnup to really shock her with consequences.

She'll lie and sneak around to see if there's a spark with the hot guy hitting on her at work. Talk about your life going to shit. Part time dad. She keeps the house to raise kids and fuck her new boyfriend every time she feels a spark. Dummy.

Just really dumb. Good sex never overcomes a lack of trust and no respect from your spouse. And that's what this character has. No trust in her. And a lack.of respect from her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He should have had her sign a post-nup prior to taking her back. He gets the house, the money and any kids if she cheats again! I wouldn’t take her back. She really doesn’t love him.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

Ok...1. she doesn't love the MC as much as he does her.

2. She was only trying to save her inheritance and will be making plans to shield it from the MC

3. Barry was totally forced into that confession

4. Lori belongs to the streets

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Reconciliation is a risky investment. Cheaters even want-a-be cheaters wants you to assume all that risk and how dare you ask for any assurances, because don’t you trust them? Real remorse puts its money where its mouth is with a post-nup with an infidelity clause. A completely useless document if the cheater never cheats again, which of course, only the cheater has control over.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessabout 2 years ago

Reconciliation is whatever, blah blah. But the conversation at the end stank. He points out "What would have happened if their WAS a spark" and her response is she never thought of that. Nothing further about it. Then she says she knew at dinner she was over him, but she still went back to his room why?? Husband doesn't follow up on anything or cross examine anything. Really boring surface conversation to close it with, like cut and paste of confrontations from similar stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Me wonders

At the start, she dumped Barry, because he was "cheating". When Barry came to visit, he said " I'm here because Lori was, and still is, special to me, even after what she did to me." Is that Barry stating that she cheated on him in college?

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

He needed to get gone fast. D

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

LOL Great. Like the chained cars, Mom in hospital call, Barry told me and the general story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

- Why is he paying for the higher insurance? Her lying got them there. At the very least, if he is going to be a naive sucker, she needs to pay. She has an inheritance after all.

- "I just wanted to convince myself he had no hold on me anymore." WTF? Why? Why would that be a valid inquiry at all? Why does she want to know that, unless she has doubts about her marriage?

- "I'll never know what she's sorry about. Hurting me, getting caught, setting it up, or losing half her inheritance." That's all valid. Why did he stop wondering about that?

- If he's going to keep her, where's the post-nuptial agreement? They're not even 2 years into the marriage, and she's already having some kinds of doubts.

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 2 years ago

Good start, great middle, but the end of the story has more holes than a pair of fishnet stockings. Recons need to be earned

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Funny bit with the cars and chain. Funnier yet that he ended up paying. NOT funny that he took her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

M&M's stories are usually better than this. There's nothing wrong with a reconciliation if the facts and characters presented support that outcome. Reconciliations not supported by the available facts and character insights are generally a waste of readers' time. The justification here is tenuous at best. Too much about the wife's actions and the MC's observations at the motel point to an intent to cheat. If there was no chance sex was going to happen, why is Barry only partially dressed when he comes out of their room? Why is she drinking wine straight from the bottle in this setting? Why is she alone with him in a motel room in the first place? At a minimum, these questions needed to be satisfactorily explored in marital therapy, and a postnup agreement signed, for reconciliation to be a reasonable outcome. As submitted, the story does not justify its conclusion and is clearly not M&M's best effort.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonalmost 2 years ago

Blah, save yourself the trouble an don't bother reading this. It's not worth your time.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Can't say that I have found the love of my life yet or whatever, but I'm pretty sure it will impossible for me to love someone after cheating or attempted cheating. Once a cheat always a cheat, or so. It is easier for a cheat to cheat again than for someone who never did it. So, the protagonist will forever be cursed with that risk. It's better to end it now when he's still young before wasting 20 years or so when it hurts so much more.

Also, he should have asked why she even went with the guy into the room. This is the biggest red flag ever. And since she knew he was married, why was she considering an affair with a married man? This is scummy. Both of them as trash.

Otherwise, the story is nice except for the ending. I think the protagonist was too easy on her and it will bite him back in the azz years later. Maybe it's time for them to sign a prenup? or whatever this is called. The cheater leaves the marriage with nothing.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Such a good story! The ambiguity is believable and his lies (about her mother in the hospital and then the BF bragging) are perfect!

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

5***** This was a third read for me. Still an awesomely fun enjoyable story! I like the ending wherein the insurance company had the last word and ended the story. That's a first :)

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Good read. I'd preferred a post-nup and failed test scenario with MC getting all the moolah. But that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MC played things amazingly well. The prank about the mother in the hospital, chaining rhe two cars, canceling her credit cards, and then saying Barry told him. Freaking brilliant. Unique story concept. However, she told a major lie. And even if she had no intention of sex or infidelity with Barry, what would have happened if there was a spark? Even if she only gell from grace once, MC would never know, she would feel guilty and inevitably feel disrespect for her husband, leading to crack in the marriage that is only 2 years old. At minimum have to go to counseling to not only have wife analyze why she could be so thoughtless and stupid, while same time, get past the husband's what if scenarios. What if he hadn't intervened? What if he hadn't known she was in Columbus? Imagine he found the hotel receipt instead but after his trip? What if there had been a spark with Barry? What would have happened? How does he trust her again? I could also see a post-nuptial especially given the money from her father sitting in their special account where they both have to sign and also no kids yet. She burned up all the free rein with that really stupid stunt. Ironically many husband's would be more worried about the ex than some random guy. Men are much less likely to forgive an infidelity than women. Different divorce rates for infidelity, men when cheated on by their wife are 60% and vice-versa women when the wife is cheated onn by their husband is 40%.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a follow-up to my prior comment, I think in thr end the husband did the mental calculus and decided (which works for him) that he is not worse off than before and she is one and done for even a small lapse in judgment. And that Barry, who is burned out of their lives, was the most serious threat. But get a post-nuptial and get some counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny how she talks about Barry being low level and no money, what if he was high level and had money?. If no spark at dinner why visit his room with wine?. Not to be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't know. They meet after she leaves her husband & tells Tim he's got to be excusive; no cheating, etc. will be allowed. They SHE goes with this Barry fellow who (I suppose) she used to date seriously to find if there's still a connection, a spark. WHY?? What would she do if there was one? That's one question Barry didn't ask. Another: she found no feelings towards Barry at dinner, so why's she going up to his hotel room, with some wine, no less? When Tim called that her mother's in the hospital, why's Barry's shirt unbuttoned?

---> Along with the question Tim asked, he should've asked that. Also, with Barry having a low level mgmnt job & little money, would she feel different if circumstances were different? Would she then drop Tim? Important questions unexplored. I did like that April Fool's joke about the mother & Barry telling him about them.

----> However liking that, it doesn't elevate the story enough to encompass the lies told, & perhaps even her cheating, despite what either say. Trust has to be gone, or he's a bit mentally short changed. A post nup should've been insisted on; do this once, there'll possibly be another time trying with another man, no matter how she swears it won't happen. All in all, 3 stars because of the above. Bob

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Postnup time. Her excuses were weak and self serving, However, I think she did realize what she was risking and it would never happen again. Yeah, I'm a sucker for romance. I didn't need her rundown of his financial status, it made her look bad and lessened the the opinion I had of the MC for taking her back. It made her sound like she was hoping to trade up. I probably would have left that part out. Barry did get what he deserved. probably wasn't his first rodeo, if you know what I mean. Loved the revenge, hate the insurance company...LOL

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

I don't know about this. Three years and she thinks there might still be a spark? Not a very strong feeling of love here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lori's all about the money. She just wants to suck Tim back in so she won't have to chance splitting her inheritance in divorce court. And what's her problem with Barry boy? She can't find any spark with a married low-level manager whose wife has all the money. It's surprise she can't find any attraction there. Apparently though she has a bothersome itch that needs scratching at a next state motel about 5 hours drive time away. Reconcile? Is the MC out of his mind? At the minimum she was going to see if she wanted to cheat on Tim. More likely she was interrupted either before or after actually doing so. Tim needs to run for the exit as fast as he can go. F the B and her bullshit story. "Only time will tell if I can really convince myself to trust her." You're old enough, you should already know.

4/5 stars. Though I don't really think the story was developed realistically that is up to the author. It's his tale and his characters. The writing was very good however and I appreciate the effort expended on our behalf. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great concise story. Lot happened in a brief story. Well done. Lori lied and went brain dead but there is some evidence she had no intention of cheating (separate room, Mom visit the next day, instantly outside, Barry has no reason to lie when he attests to her innocence ans his guilt, her actions afterwards, her calling Barry's wife). Of course she committed an infidelity via her seeing Barry and lying about it. But not worth burning a marriage over (perhaps). Especially an early marriage and since it was Barry. Her responses seemed genuine. Yes trust is an issue but probably not shattered. MC did some amazing stuff. The chain. Saying Barry told him. Genius. But yeah maybe a post nuptial is a good idea.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevelover 1 year ago

There's some wiggle room here if he want's it, though going forward gonna be hard to trust her. Probably not going to work long-term, but maybe worth a shot. Post nup for sure, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nah. Divorce her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She lied to her husband and went to meet her old boyfriend. MC is an idiot for taking a chance. At the very leasr, she agrees to give him half the inheritance and a post-nup for the inevitable divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

seriously? he takes her back? After being married..she stil wanted to see if there was a spark with ex??? ... and what if there was? would she havedivirced him? or had an affair?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. The comment below 24 days ago, starting with "Great concise story.", was dead on target. Really well written. So much happened in just a couple of pages. MC was brilliant. The chain, the prank, and how Barry told him. Epic. She had all her clothes on. Barry has no reason to lie to help her after he got burned by her. Trust is a problem. She didn't cheat (in the sense of adultery or intent to have an extramarital affair) but she committed an infidelity (dinner and drinking with another man in a hotel room). Her checking if there was still a spark with Barry at face value looks damning, but it can also be translated as she was stupidly testing herself and seeing what she still felt or didn't feel. I think if there had been a spark, she would not have cheated that night. But she may have over time. That is why it was so stupid. She thought she would be in control and she was, but didn't consider the other alternatives let alone the perception of her husband or any observer. Her lying so easily is a big deal. They are only married 2 years. They need counseling about the lying. Her reaction to Barry and her reaction when talking later, suggest she was more stupid than truly unfaithful. Meaning she seriously thought she was in control and merely conducting an experiment and it was not an infidelity. She never considered repercussions or consequences or perceptions or if she had felt a spark. Again suspect she would nit give into sex that night if she had, but would have been confused, and if Barry pressed, without the MC's knowledge, then yeah she would have eventually cheated. But that is speculation.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

Only one problem with her story. She claims that she knew at dinner with Barry it was a mistake. Ok, so why does she show up at his room carrying a bottle of wine? Doesn't look to me like she had changed her mind at that point. Not saying he shouldn't have ttaken her back, but she'd be sucking his cock on demand for a long time to make up for that. Loved the chain trick!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She got dressed in record time and Barry was running in the snow barefoot with his shirt unbuttoned? Uh huh, sure, nothing happened...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This one annoys me. The fact that she was lying about meeting up with the ex-boyfriend has all sorts of red flags waving. Yet he still took her back. And BrentJW is right. Why did she go to the room, where the guy was taking off his clothes?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Her story is not credible.

Lori comes back from dinner with Barry. Then, Tim takes time to (1) circle the Corvette to check it out, (2) go to the Home Depot and shop, (3) chain the cars, (4) cancel the credit cards, and (5) call the slut with the story about her mother. Assuming efficiency and that the Home Depot was close, that's at least an hour when Lori is with Barry, whom we know for a fact has taken off his shoes and his shirt at the very least.

So, scenario 1: they fucked, she dressed, and Barry was still not entirely dressed when they got caught. Barry is lying to try to save his own marriage. Lori is lying to (a) save her marriage and (b) save her inheritance. (BTW, an inheritance is usually not marital property, so it would probably not be split in real life, but I'll assume they legal reality you have postulated here for the sake of argument.)

Scenario 2: they talked. That's it. But then why did Lori stay when Barry was undressing? In what universe is that credible, if she is a good wife?

If he goes back to her, he is a fucking moron.

Lowrider2020Lowrider202012 months ago

For the trick with the chain you get five stars, good job.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story, right till the end! She’s a cheater! No trust ever again. Don’t matter what he says, every time she’s late or “Going for a meal with the girls” it will happen! Bin there, done that! Get out of the situation while he can.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So why did Barry run out not fully dressed and barefoot!!

Lori and her mother are both trailer trash!!

He took back the skank but should have had a postnuptial agreement

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I'm a little confused here. Lori's defence seems to be based solely on her assertion that "Nothing happened", by which I presume she means that she and Barry didn't have sexual intercourse. That, though, absolutely does not mean that "Nothing happened". In reality an awful lot happened; she lied to her husband, she arranged to spend at least one night in a hotel with another man and she conspired with her mother to pull the wool over her husband's eyes. Nothing happened? As to the issue of sex, while that may not have taken place (and we only have her word, that of a known liar, for that) it sure as hell was going to had it not been for the MC's interference. As far as I'm concerned she cheated, knowing full well that her behaviour was unacceptable and she should take her medicine like a big girl.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

For sentients it had to match up better.

Also the bit of character building pre-motel didn't show someone who would lose their resolve.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The MC is right about one thing; he WILL have only himself to blame the next time she cheats on him.

I wonder if Salma Hayek would be agreeable to spending a night in a motel with me just so I can see if I have the same spark actually meeting her as I have admiring her from afar, you understand!

pummel187pummel18710 months ago

Oh you poor bastard

BehindbluisBehindbluis9 months ago

You did raise some interesting questions. What if there had been a spark remaining? What would she have done then? If she went to see if there was a spark, doesn't that imply she's not sufficiently satisfied with her current situation? Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Some may disagree but I feel this was a redeemable situation. My trust would take some time.

skiaddictskiaddict9 months ago

They went into the hotel room. If there was no spark, she or he would have gone elsewhere. No man forgets all this and claims everything is wonderful now. Fantasy is fantasy I guess.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So that's it. No fallout. No post-nuptial. She lies, disrespects, and betrays him. So, he just shrugs his shoulders and says OK. He had a backbone and then seems to have given it away.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

I like the story very much. People do stupid things. Some things are unforgivable, but I also believe life sometimes intervenes and prevents us from doing the unforgivable.

ProfesseurXProfesseurX5 months ago

Nice read, neither too long nor too short. If they really had a one and done agreement, she broke it imho. I think your MC did the reasonable thing, but it is a bit contradictory with their (common) approach.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm being generous and giving this a 4 because it was well written and I like most of your stories. Barry wanted to see if there was a spark with Lori. She agrees to meet him but lies to husband about what she's doing. Strike 1. They meet up wherever and Barry must have told her he was interested in her but she goes back to his motel room. Strike 2. She takes a call from her husband and lies to him again. Strike 3. OK so nothing physical happened no kisses no sex. But she knew why Barry wanted to see her. She knew why he invited her to his room. She knew it was wrong because she lied about going to her mum's and then lied again about being with her mum. Damn she's one very very lucky lady. Oh and she has a "do the dirty once and you're dead meat" policy. Sniff sniff can you smell the hypocrisy here? I just can't believe that anyone so adamant about punishing a cheater would put herself into that situation so the story doesn't work or she's a lying cheat who got away with it and she's not portrayed as that so again the story doesn't work. BardnotBard

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Wow, chain the cars together, that’s a hit.

Nice story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...