Under My Skin Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Megeara smiled and went over to stand at Dustin's side. "Hun, this is Detective Blake from the police department."

The large man smiled and gave a courteous nod. "Thank you Miss Rose." He gestured to the female officer behind him. "This is officer Santiago. She will be watching and guarding your house for a few days just to be safe as we discussed on the phone earlier."

Megeara nodded, "Of course." She smiled pleasantly at Officer Santiago who just nodded and stood silent behind the detective.

"You must be Dustin," Blake said with a wide grin. "You can call me Derrick if you like, I'll just be brief with a few questions then I promise to be out of here." Blake pulled out the chair across from Dustin and sat down. The chair groaned a bit from Blake's weight.

"Okay sure. Um, what would you like to know?" Dustin tried to stay calm but his nerves were starting to get the best of him.

"Well, first I'd like to ask if you remember anything from when you were found by Miss Rose," Detective Blake asked, reaching into his coat and pulling out a small pad and pen. He pressed in the top and the pen clicked and put its point to the paper.

"Well...um not much. I'm afraid. I remember seeing Megeara in the middle of a busy stretch of road. There were cars honking around us."

Blake put down everything Dustin said, quietly nodding every now and then. "Alright. Anything before that? Like where you were or who you were with?"

Dustin shook his head. "No. I don't think so. I kinda remember going to the store. I was hungry, so I went to get something for dinner. On my way back, someone grabbed me I think... They were sick or something was wrong with their skin."

That got Blake's eyebrow to raise. "Oh? Sick? Yellow? Do you remember anything else about this person who attacked you?"

Dustin rubbed his temple, trying to think or at the very least jog his memory. Megeara frowned and put a hand onto his shoulder and began gently rubbing him. She could feel him shaking. "No. Nothing else," Dustin replied.

"Hmm. Alright. Let me ask, do you have any enemies or did you know the person you were attacked by?"

"No. I didn't know them at all. They just jumped me," Dustin looked up to Megeara as he tried to answer. "I don't really know many people in town so I don't have any enemies at all. Or friends. Just Megeara."

Megeara smiled warmly at the mention of her name. She gently, squeezed and rubbed his shoulders more to help calm his nerves.

The detective wrote down Dustin's answers. "Very good then. Do you live in town? Do you have any roommates or anyone living with you that might wish you harm?"

"Yes. I have an apartment not far from here. I live by myself," Dustin answered. He reached up and took Megeara's hand and squeezed it gently. She smiled down and squeezed back.

Blake nodded. Officer Santiago just stood there, staring through her shades silently.

"Alright then. For your safety I would advise you to stay here with Miss Rose so that officer Santiago can keep watch. That won't be a problem will it?"

Dustin shook his head. "Oh No Sir. I don't plan on going anywhere. Unless it's with Megeara of course."

"Good," Detective Blake smiled, satisfied with the answer. "Is there anything more you could tell me about what happened while you were kidnapped?"

Dustin winced and rubbed the side of his head, trying to think of anything but nothing came. He only drew a blank. "No. I'm sorry. I know this is not helpful, Mr. Blake."

The detective held out his hands out in front of Dustin. "It's alright young man but if you do remember anything. Please give me or the police station a call." He pulled a small white business card with his name and number on it out of his coat pocket and slid it across the table.

Megeara picked it up and looked at the card then nodded. "Thank you detective. If we do, we will be sure to contact you."

"Thank you for allowing me some of your time," he said, rising out of the chair. He gave Dustin a nod then turned to the officer. "Alright, well if you both excuse me, I have work to do. There's still people in town missing that need to be found." He gave them both a smile then turned and started toward the door. "Oh and don't worry, Officer Santiago won't be in your way, but she will be watching from across the street so you'll be safe."

Megeara followed behind them both to let them out. The female officer just followed behind the detective in silence. Megeara felt she was being cold but said nothing. She just smiled at the detective as they went outside. "Thank you again for your help, Mister Blake."

"Thank you and have a good day," the detective replied before walking back to his car. Megeara watched him from the door as he got in and pulled out of her driveway. She then watched officer Santiago walk across the street and get in the squad car parked by the curb. "Well glad that's over," she said stealing a glance at her still ruined car. She was still waiting on the rental car to get there. Until then she was stuck at home. Megeara closed the door and locked it then went back to Dustin in the kitchen. She found him with his head in his hands, staring down at the table. She went over to him and wrapped her arms around him. "What's wrong sweetie," she whispered into his ear.

"Nothing. It's just I'm glad it is over but I don't think I helped much. I feel bad that I wasn't able to give them any clues to help with the other missing people." He leaned his head back against her shoulder and cradled her arm in his.

"It's okay sweetie. You did what you could," She kissed the side of his head softly. She felt bad that she didn't have anything more comforting to say but then an idea hit her." Hey, why don't we go back into my room and cuddle for a little bit? I do have something I want to show you."

Dustin blinked and turned in his chair to look up at her. "You do? What's that?"

Megeara just grabbed his hand and tugged him to his feet. "Come on, I'll show you." She had that wide, mischievous grin on her face that he loved. He let her lead him back down the hall and into her room. Megeara kissed him then sat him on the bed.

"Close your eyes," she said as she shut the door behind her. "It's a surprise."

*******************************************************

Fabian's consciousness swirled through the black empty void that made up his being. Screams filled the fetid, wretched underground chamber that made up his lair deep in the city sewers. The young woman being held by two of Fabian's ghouls, thrashed in pain as the necromancer's essence flowed into her body. Resist as she might, she truly had no hope of escaping the spell being placed on her. Her eyes were wide with the fear of death as Fabian's spirit soon filled her and snuffed out her soul.

The body went limp as Fabian gained complete control of his new host. The former slumping into a pile and slowly disintegrating into ash before his newly claimed eyes. Another ghoul came forth and placed his amulet around his now slender, female neck. This form was not exactly fitting to one such as he, Fabian thought. But for now it would do.

"Let me go!" he barked at the two who still had a hold of his arms. The two ghouls obeyed their master and let go, shrinking back into the shadows. Fabian's lips curved into a smile, this new body was young, invigorating and while not strong, would be able to hold his essence longer than the older shells he had previously inhabited. Fabian stood, stretching out his limbs and testing out his new body.

The breasts and the feminine parts seemed alien and very strange to him but it mattered not. Sooner or later, this body would in turn be wasted away by the pure, raw darkness of his undead essence.

Fabian gathered up his robes from the pile of ashes and slid its hood over his long, dark brown tresses. To Fabian, it mattered not that he looked like a twenty- four year old woman with dark brown hair and painted red nails, it was the power behind that body that mattered. Fabian sneered and settled his new body down into the crude throne his servants had built for him.

Small orbs of black flame burned behind his green eyes as he stretched out his senses to all his minions throughout the city. He could feel them, each and every one of them. He could see, feel, and taste everything they did. He could even hone in on one specifically and hear its thoughts and in turn send his own thoughts to that one. It was how he had managed to maintain his slowly growing horde of ghouls.

One by one, Fabian tapped into each one of his minions minds to "see" what each had to report. Most of them were simply lying dormant, waiting in the shadows for new commands from him, or feeding off some unlucky unfortunate to have crossed paths with them. These bored Fabian. He needed real information in order to further his plans. Closing his eyes he concentrated and swept his senses to those further out.

Then something familiar caught his attention, reeling his consciousness back to one of his minion's mind that glowed with a familiar thought. There Fabian, he saw the face of a young man he recognized. Fabian's smile grew wider as he realized when he had seen that particular face.

That young man had been with Aksana! He had seen him through her eyes when he had tried to retake control over her. His attempt had failed but he had learned something in the process. He had felt Aksana's emotions toward this individual. She cared for him!

Fabian licked his lips with his new tongue, savoring the thoughts and plans that were coming together.

Ever since that failed attempt that day, Aksana had gone beyond his reach. Beyond even his detection. It was if she had disappeared. Fabian's smile turned into a deep scowl and he howled in rage at how she had defeated him. Ghouls all around him scattered into the deeper recesses of the sewers, afraid of the wrath of their master.

Fabian needed Aksana in order for him to truly become reborn in this time. Without her body, he would be doomed to stealing these temporary husks forever. No! He could not live that way. Would not! He was a supreme power of darkness and he would have her!

Dark cracks began to form around the eyes as his rage grew. Realizing his power was already burning through his newly acquired shell, he forced himself to calm and to dwell on the present. This young man would lead him to Aksana and she would give him what he needed to conquer this world and make it his own.

Fabian let out a cacophony of wicked laughter as he sent out instructions to the one minion watching the home where the young man stayed in. Yes, Fabian thought to his servant. Watch him. Watch and follow his every move.

To be continued...

12