All Comments on 'Under the Wild Wyoming Skies'

by rwsteward

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
Wow!

I haven't words...

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterover 6 years ago
Outstanding!

First of your stories I have come across. I'll have to work my way through all your works now!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great start...

Great middle, and a great ending.

5 stars for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
this story

Even with the editorial errors, is one of the best I've read anywhere!

And that's saying something because I read every day. Thank you for this beautiful tale, seems like you took a page out of my life. 5* for you.

A Treat

rwstewardrwstewardover 6 years agoAuthor
upload errors

I found that the original file didn't have the errors. I think a few bugs got in due to the large file. The story is about 50K long. I noticed some extra line spaces got added too.

I'll re-upload the file in a week or so

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Lots of drama, violence, pain, and a little bit of romance

Many very difficult situations emotionally and physically. The gun to his girlfriend's head in New York, later being dreamt about, and then repeated at the school seemed excessive. There was no need at the end of the story to retroactively insert the confrontation, rape, murder, and degradation by Vin. What he did at the school was enough to lock him away by itself.

imho the gratuitous violence and depravity took the story out of the Romance category.

burningloveburningloveover 6 years ago
As always from you, a great story!

I have read 8 of your stories so far, and all are 5 *****s. You have a great gift to write a story that is well written and and holds the reader's interest. It is now 2:19 AM and I decided to stay up to finish the story.

I am looking forward to reading many more!!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

That was one of the best stories I've ever read

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 6 years ago
You have done well Grasshopper

Diana's humiliation in 10 forward was a bit over the line

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
Nice!

That was one very well conceived and written tale of redemption. Yeah, there’s romance, and the core conflicts revolve around non-consent... but it’s really about redemption after the trauma. And damn, if you didn’t paint some obscenely severe trauma!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Apology?

Did she ever get her apology from the prosecutor?

Not a bad story. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

I wish the story had been posted in several parts because of length. Very enjoyable reading experience.

Boyd Percy

JMH1961JMH1961over 6 years ago
Good, but...

Why did the prosecutor skate? He was a big part of this story. This was in romance, nothing romantic about a story of rape and cohesion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story, to make it perfect the prosecutor should've been;

"Nifonged"

He was just as evil.

5

oshawoshawover 6 years ago

I don't hang around Romance much. After reading this riveting story I'll have to amend that by reading all your stories. Thank you for participating in the Go West project.

oshaw

rwstewardrwstewardover 6 years agoAuthor
Readers!

Under the wild Wyoming skies is perhaps one of my more gritter romance stories.

I'm sorry many of you took it the wrong way. As far as romance goes, Diana and Jack were in love. If they weren't, Diana would had purchased a bus ticket for him and sent him packing. Ditto with Jack. This story is about two very flawed and real people trying to sort out their lives.

Fifty-thousand words, a novel length story, for free.

I guess I can't make everyone happy.

As for the prosecutor? His story went the way of the delete key. The editor and I decided that it didn't move the story forward, and tap, tap, that was the end of him.

rwsteward

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I never found many women that at the moment of giving birth

to their first baby want to hear their husband tell them that it was their FIRST child, implying that they will be repeating that ordeal again. I enjoyed this story and thank the writer for his hard work to offer us readers some quality fare. Thanks!

muze1602muze1602over 6 years ago
Wow. What a twisted tale.

Great story. Couldn't put it down, great pace and plot. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So, what you're saying is...

You commented, "Under the wild Wyoming skies is perhaps one of my more gritter romance stories." So you're saying this is a little gritty about Jack and Diana?

mugs101mugs101over 6 years ago
Great Story!

Another great read, had to stop for a bit get my hunting stuff together for tomorrow but couldn't wait to finish it so Ill do the other stuff later. Well worth the time reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Worth The Read

I really enjoyed the story. 5*

chris73170chris73170over 6 years ago
Loved the story

It was a great story to read. i had to close my laptop so i could get some sleep to finish it. I didnt even mind the spelling errors because it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

Thank you , this touched many aspects of life .

pcthronepcthroneover 6 years ago

Great story but that piece of shit prosecutor whatever his name was who harrassed Diana should've been punished.

it would doi people good if scoundrels like that lawyer should be banned from law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Dear Author, You produced a truly captivating tale that became a wonderful love story. I truly enjoyed the characters and story line. Great job! Thank you. jntiquesl

xtremeddxtremeddover 6 years ago
Great story and writing 5* !

Twists and turns are sometimes easy to discern... not this time.

Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A Great Story

Without a doubt, a great tale of mystery, intrigue and romance. I loved it. There’s just one little thing that still nags my mind. What became of the father-in-law, the closet gay guy who had his own daughter, Alexandria, murdered? I mean, he should have been made to account for his sins too. That said, all in all, a wonderful story. 5 stars, without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Story

Good writing and a very interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Now that’s one hell of a story. And I enjoyed every bit of it. It would have pleased me to see that psychopath Vin Cookson endure a whole lot of very excruciating pain before he went to prison for the rest of his, hopefully very short, life. Ok, I admit it. I can be a bit vindictive. A 5 Star effort, without a doubt. Thank you very much, rwsteward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

I couldn't stop reading the story and it kept me up all night. Thanks for your time and Imagination. I will be reading more of your stories.

Geon54Geon54almost 5 years ago
Prosecutor

I see several commentators bemoaning the fact that the prosecutor doesn't get punished. Well, try to take solace in the fact that any ambitions he had for higher office (which, if i recall, he was hungry for) were obliterated once the facts of Diana's case came out. Any opponent he faced could launch a few scathing attack ads and he'd be toast.. Maybe that's not justice...but it comes pretty close..

buckshot46buckshot46over 4 years ago
Better than 5 *'s

With each re-reading, for me, it gets better.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 4 years ago
D A

any chance he would get to hold office afterwards would be slim & none .i'm sure that all newspapers would keep it fresh

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Worth the reading time!

Dearest rwsteward

Your writing style is very pleasing. I've enjoyed reading you and living the feelings, and foibles, of your characters. Thank you.

GG

redbaron172redbaron172over 4 years ago
Outstanding

Great story from beginning to end.... Like the others have said I couldn't stop reading it, had to get to the finish!!! Keep up the good work, you have just the right balance(s)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Unputdownable!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Needs editing. She reached into the last bag and pulled out a big black hand. Damn. Are you sure she isn’t a murderer?

Handley_PageHandley_Pagealmost 4 years ago
Well Done

Twist & Turns and good speech make it a damned good story.

Do they really hang a convicted murderer in Wyoming ?

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

A well written story with great dialogue and a very enjoyable read. There are a few typos thart a careful review should have picked up but on balance these did not detract from an excellent story.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

I feel sorry for Vincent. He was made the way he became and it happened in front of a small town.

Terrific story!

stewartbstewartbabout 3 years ago

This is my 2nd read of this story and it's just as exciting a read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Totally unrealistic, but still weirdly fascinating.

DPCDVR72DPCDVR72almost 3 years ago

Great story well written, twist and turns, awesome read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jack, in spite of the author's dressing it up, was a gutless, chicken shit coward. He let his girlfriend be raped and killed and for fear of his life didn't attack the madman Cookson until he had damaged more kids and humiliated Diana. God, what a pussy; how could Diana stomach him! and some of the sentences in the story had no meaning!! A really horrible story. 1*.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Fascinating? Perhaps, but strikingly unsatisfying. you had the makings of a good plot and the seeming need to emasculate your protagonist, indulge in a plethora of gratuitous violence, create more villains than one small town could hold just seemed to replace the tension with loathing. Jack came across as too deeply flawed. His biggest issue was not his alcoholism it was his cowardice. Too many unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh, I loved it until the reappearance of Vin and then it fell apart. Everything was tied up too quickly and concisely. Just a disappointing ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

jesus christ. such a good story and then you had to make the last 3 pages all about a villain no one wants to read about. dude, you’re writing erotic literature. why the fuck are you going on about a dude who’s raping and killing girls when we’re here for romance. fucking hell

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

outstanding story until the school confrontation. I envisioned the 2 Abbey's teachers raising the students moral and test scores to best in the State. Some local farmers plowing and planting their 40 acres, never saying a word, just waving as the left on their tractors. A "fairy tale" life. Although the school drama was good too.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Also liked the beginning dialogue between her and "city boy"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another cuck MC and a whoring FC by a wimp writer

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Could you please llllllreview the proper usage of "she" and "her",

"Both her and your daughter are...." is incorrect, and it's not the only time in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Started as a potentially good romance/mystery, got ridiculous mid way, and stayed that way until the end :(

oldgraycatoldgraycatabout 1 year ago

What a good/sad story. This was my second read and I enjoyed even more this time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Started promising but didn’t measure up to it. Disappointed by the direction this one took.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker9 months ago

Bitch bitch bitch., Wanna be non written folks.. reading Free story's; and they wanna Bitch!!!! Go to Buns and nibbles if you want ** better** story's. Are they write Your own dam storys!! That, d be a switch!! .. thanks for the time and effort. Maybe you forgot a '"*;! Along the way . Oh well.. u ain't perfect... Guess they don't know this site for * amateurs* that you don't get paid for your time... So you just do you!! To heck with them! Your always gonna have + and - reviews... But if your happy with what you write. The heck with the critics.. they can go elsewhere if they don't like it.. there's plenty others that'll have *your* back.. so thks 👍👍😉🤷👋😁

nighthawk22204nighthawk222048 months ago

Unquestionably, an excellent story. Well told, pretty well written. Certainly a romance story, but close to a horror story. Thanks for all your work in writing this epic tale and sharing it here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I read a number of the comments before making mine. Most of the negativity comes from the ANON folks. Like BITCHERS ANON should exist for them.

I will do Anon too, for the following reason:

Your statement about Boyd's undescended testicles is medically incorrect. This I know from personal experience, as I had the surgery when I was 10 to 'fix' one of mine. My son had the preventative surgery before his second birthday. Problem is caused by adhesions on the vas deferens that as the body grows they literally pull the testes back into the body. This also can cause inguinal hernias in the process. Always correctable, and preventable if you know to check.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You should continue to write. You have the talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A longer story that offers some interesting insights into some of the difficulties people face on the road to happily ever after. If you enjoy a look at things psychological, don't miss it.

The Hoary Cleric

bleeepbleeepabout 1 month ago

Had no intention of reading a 13 page story. Having said that, I was hooked after the first few paragraphs. Had to see it through to the end even though I was pretty sure Vin was the phantom killer. Well done whodunnit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous