Understanding Emmalyn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh my girls." I said. "My poor, poor girls." I carried on toward them, arms open and unmindful of Emma's flinch, or Carolyn's rooted gaze. I stepped up to my daughters and pulled them toward me, holding them in an embrace, wishing, willing the love I had for them to flow out of my arms to them. Gradually, I felt Carolyn's hand gingerly creep around the small of my back, then Emma's a little higher. I hugged them closer, crying tears into the softly scented hair of each girl in turn.

"My beautiful beautiful girls. Oh I love you so much." I said, even though the words were half choked and muffled by blonde-streaked red hair.

We stood together for a long while. Eventually, I felt the arms around my back tighten and pull me in to the shared embrace. And then, when we had stepped away from each other, I kissed each of them on the cheek and went into the kitchen to make dinner. I wanted us all to have a special meal. Just because we were all together again.

Later, much later, when night had drawn in and I had found some measure of peace within myself once more, I crept upstairs and opened the door to Emma and Carolyn's room. The shaft of light from the hallway knifed in on Carolyn's empty bed. I stepped in further, and stopped when I saw the curled-up double form lying close together under the covers of Emma's bed. All clothes, jeans, tops, skirts and underwear - even pyjamas - had been discarded on the floor. An arm, bare to the shoulder and connected to a hear of blonde-streaked red hair whose owner even I could identify, was slung lazily over the other form in the bed. Both girls slept peacefully.

I crept away slowly and closed the door quietly. I had nothing but love for my daughters, and I knew that even the events of the last few days were nothing but a harsh test of that love.

I did not understand why they had found such intimacy with one another. Especially when they had everyone and everything to choose from. Perhaps it was the incident I had with Carolin all those years ago. Perhaps it was that uncanny sameness they shared - even for identical twins. I did not know. But I would have time. As much time as I would need for understanding 'Emmalyn'.

End