Unexpected Reunion Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
artisticbiguy
artisticbiguy
1,075 Followers

"Yeah, work tomorrow." He didn't sound any more thrilled at the prospect of leaving as I was to have him go. We just lay there for a while, neither one of us making a move to get up. His arms just held me and I felt so content. Finally, he tapped my chest. "I've really got to take a piss."

I sighed and let him up. "I'll turn on the porch light."

When he came back to the door, I smiled. "Thanks, Josh."

He smiled. "Hope that means we can do this again."

"Yeah, I'd like that."

He slid his hand around behind my back and pulled me into him. I was amazed how naturally I lifted my hands to grip behind his neck as he kissed me. This one was slow, wet and nearly melted me. He pulled back and smiled. "For such a buff, muscular guy, you're a soft-touch Zack."

I blushed. I never fucking blush. "Yeah, well, for a corporate shark you're a romantic; I think we're even." He left and I watched his car pull out of the drive and disappear around the corner. I grinned to myself as an idea formed in my brain; I was practically laughing to myself as I turned on the computer.

My cell rang at a little after ten am. I picked it up to hear a very low, hushed voice on the other end. "You have gotten me in so much trouble." Josh sounded anything but upset.

I felt like a kid trying to talk secretly into the phone. I glanced at my office door for a moment to be sure it was closed, and then grinned to myself. "It got there, huh?"

"Yeah, it did, with a note saying: thanks for last night. Have you any idea what one white rose with a cryptic message does to the office grape vine?"

I laughed quietly; he so deserved the pain after surprising me with the yellow rose the other night. "Yeah, I do. How'd you cover?"

He almost snarled into the phone. "I couldn't; I was caught completely off guard. My secretary is probably looking over my phone logs trying to figure out who could it have been."

"Then I guess you'll just have to come up with something. Please be kind to my ego and give me great tits."

I could almost feel his frown over the phone. "I'm not going to tell them it's from a woman, Zack. I've got a boyfriend, not a bitch."

That hit me like a splash of cold water. My amusement deflated like a dead balloon. "Sorry..."

Josh took a breath on the other end and sighed. "No, I'm sorry. The thought of lying about you really hit me wrong. I wouldn't do that Zack." When I didn't say anything, he added. "Thanks for the rose."

The apologetic tone in his voice soothed over the irritation I'd felt and I smiled again. "You're welcome."

* * * * * * * * * *

We got together about twice a week for about a month before things had progressed to the point that we were both horny as hell. Ok, so we'd been horny the entire time, but it was getting ridiculous. My briefs would be soaked with precum just from having spent an evening cuddling. Hell, any time we went for a bike ride I'd have to adjust myself because his ass looked so incredible in those damn shorts.

It was my weekend for the kids. Josh and I had decided to take them out to dinner and the movies on Friday night. Julie gave me a questioning look as I tossed the kid's bags into the back of the car. "So, when am I going to hear about -the hot guy Dad isn't dating-?"

"Not much to tell, other than we're dating now."

"You are not getting out of this that easy, Zack. You've never dated anyone more than a month. How long have you two been together?"

I frowned. "About a month; thanks for the reminder of my prior attempts there Jules."

She dismissed my tone with a snuffing noise. "Oh please. Don't give me that Zack; spill it."

I set my jaw. "No." I think that actually surprised her. "I'm not going to go over something this new, Julie. If it works out, I'll share. If not, then there is no point in going over it." She just held me with her eyes and part of my resistance crumbled. "Ok, I like him Julie; a lot. I just don't want to fuck this up."

She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "I think someone is trying to deny the fact he's in love."

I wanted to say she was wrong, but I knew she wasn't. "Yeah, I guess someone is." She was my best friend, bar none; I pulled her into a hug. "I'm scared Jules. I'm really fucking scared."

She held me as I tried to get a grip on myself before the kids came out. She was right, I was in love and it terrified me. She had tears in her eyes when I let her go. She held my face and smiled. "You warn him for me that he better not hurt you, or I'll hunt him down and cut off his balls."

I laughed. "You would not."

She smiled and let go of my face as the kids came out. "Watch me."

Josh met us at the house and the kids were ecstatic. "Hey guys." He smiled as the kids waved at him. "Anyone up for pizza and a movie?"

Heather gave me a spiteful look as we piled into Josh's SUV, but said nothing. She hated being kept out of the loop. She didn't let it spoil her evening though. We saw the latest teen flick and Josh dropped us off at the house. I was aching a little as he drove off; we didn't even kiss. I don't think either of us was ready for that in front of the kids.

Tommy seemed confused. "Dad, why didn't Josh come in?"

"He has his own apartment, sport." I had my hand behind his neck as I steered the kids back up the steps and into the house.

Tommy didn't seem content with that answer. "Why isn't he living here?"

I shrugged. "Not to that point yet, sport. It's always best not to rush into things; remember that when it's your turn."

Heather cornered me later, after Tommy was in bed. "Dad?"

"Hey, sweetie, why are you still up?" I sat up and she sat down beside me.

"Brain's busy." Heather was one to think constantly; she was one sharp kid.

I nodded. "Want some warm milk?"

She grinned. "I'm too old for that."

Laughing I stood up and shuffled into the kitchen. "You're never too old for warm milk. I'm a little brain-buzzed too; I'll make us both some."

She sat at the serving counter as I heated the milk on the stove. Yeah, you could use a microwave, but scalded milk was best from the pan with a touch of sugar and vanilla. It's also best out of whole milk of which I had none so I used skim and added some half-and-half. "Is Josh not here because we are?"

That one again; I knew the world revolved around my kids but it was becoming like a broken record. "No sweetie; Josh doesn't spend the night."

"Oh." I poured out the steaming milk and handed her a mug. She held it for a while, letting the milk cool. "Are you guys dating now?"

I grinned. "Yes, nosey, we're dating now. I listened to a smart but annoying thirteen-year-old who called me chicken and told me to ask him out."

She smiled and sipped her milk. "That's cool."

I kissed her on the forehead and smirked. "Off to bed." She left with her mug, and I sat back down and sipped my own milk.

I wondered if it was it was time to ask Josh to spend the night. God knows I wanted to ask him. I suppose the idea of becoming intimate was a little daunting. I'd had more than my share of rejection there. I'm one of those men who is shorter than average, only five, but really quite thick. The reactions I've always gotten were either they wanted "huge", or my thickness was intimidating. I'd been a bottom by default. Not that I minded bottoming, but it was like a constant diet of one food. I didn't know how to broach the subject with Josh. Hell, we hadn't even seen each other naked yet.

There really wasn't any point in avoiding it. The longer I postponed, the worse it would be if we didn't click well in bed. I went to bed after finishing my milk. I dreamed of Josh, which wasn't anything new, and woke up really wishing he was there. I wasn't desperate any more; I was just tired of the erotic dreams without the real thing.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Dad, who's coming over today?" Heather seemed unimpressed that I'd invited Meredith, Frank and their kids over for a barbecue and afternoon at the pool. Their house on P Street was classic, but the lots were small and didn't allow for pools.

"My friends Meredith, Frank, and their kids John, Tony and Gloria. John is fourteen; Tony is twelve; Gloria is ten." I pulled out the burger patties and put them in the sink to thaw.

"Is Josh coming?" Tommy sounded hopeful.

"Yeah, Sport, Josh will be here too. Meredith is his best friend." I grinned at Tommy.

"Dad, you always say Mom is your best friend. Why aren't she and Jim going to be here?" Heather had a point. I hadn't really thought about asking.

"You know, that's a good idea." I picked up the phone and gave Julie a call. Jim answered and I smiled. "Hey Jim, what do you two have planned today?"

He rattled off some chores and errands. I nodded, though he couldn't see it, and smiled. "I've got friends and their kids coming over for a barbecue and fun in the pool. Josh is also coming, and I knew Julie wanted to meet him." I waited as Jim called out to Julie and gave her a summary. After a few moments of discussion, Julie got on and asked what time they should arrive. I grinned as I hung up the phone. "Well, Miss Heather, your idea was met with resounding approval. They will be here about one." Both the kids were grins with legs.

Josh arrived a little before eleven and was greeted by an enthusiastic duo with a million questions. He fielded most of them without blinking, but Tommy managed another zinger as I was about to hand Josh a cup of coffee. "Don't you guys ever kiss?"

It was a good thing I'd had the cup because Josh's hands quaked. "What?" He looked at me as I set down the mug and leaned on the counter.

"You're on your own, bud. He asked you, not me."

Tommy frowned. "You didn't kiss good night and you didn't kiss good morning. I thought gay couples kissed like straight ones did."

Josh was looking like a man lost at sea. I laughed. "They aren't going to be satisfied 'til they've seen it. Trust me, it will be hell." I leaned around him and gave him a lingering but chaste kiss. I looked at Tommy. "Satisfied, Mr. Curious?"

"That's weird." He made a doubtful face.

I laughed. "You asked."

Josh smirked at me after Tommy headed off to get his trunks on. "That's the only demo they're going to get. I am not proving we sleep together."

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing to prove there, we don't."

Josh looked hurt and I realized that had come out totally wrong. The kids weren't in the room so I hooked my hand behind his head and pulled him down into a real kiss. It took him a moment to catch up, but he got back to speed quickly and had my knees going weak in no time. He moaned softly as we separated. "Now I'm going to have to stand here and wait. There are some things I have no intention of putting on display."

I chuckled. "Same boat, why do you think I'm about to work on the fixings?" The counter was the perfect protection from curious eyes. "Oh, I should warn you: Julie and Jim will be over around one to be social."

Josh looked nervous. "Oh."

I smiled and punched him lightly on the arm. "Julie's great, Josh. She's my best friend. You know you'll have to meet her eventually. At least this way Meredith is here and the kids are a great distraction."

"Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just nervous about meeting 'the ex'." Josh helped me with the preparations 'til Meredith and crew arrived. From that point on it was pool, sun and fun.

Meredith, of course, knew that Josh and I were seeing each other. Naturally, she took full credit and had remarked numerous times that she knew we were a perfect match. I also knew she wanted her kids to see two responsible gay men together so that they wouldn't only have media hype as a guide. Joy, we were the living examples of gaydom. Why did that worry me?

Josh came out onto the patio wearing Speedos. I'd forgotten that he didn't just bike, but was a tri-athlete. I almost dropped my drink. He was long, lean, and sinewy and had eraser size nipples that rose from his pecs in the most inviting ways. I distracted myself by starting the grill, and hoped I wouldn't plump up in front of the kids.

Not that they'd have noticed. Heather had met John and it was an immediate attraction. You'd have thought a light bulb had been turned on for them. Meredith and I looked at each other after the first half hour and rolled our eyes. We'd be seeing a lot more of each other if our kids had any say in it. Tommy had fun with Tony and Gloria in the pool.

I was glad to have Frank there. Maybe it was silly on my part, but compared to Josh I was a fat slob. Sure, I had a lot more muscle but I was still soft and my suit cut into my waist in that way that said "extra winter storage". Frank, being a robust and pasta loving Italian, was bigger than both of us combined. It was comforting to have someone there who was so full of life and wasn't at all concerned with vanity. Of course, Frank had someone who loved every pound of him, so he didn't have to worry about it as much.

Josh horsed around with the kids in the pool while I started the grill and cooked up the first batch of burgers and hot dogs. We had just finished chomping down on the first round when Julie and Jim arrived. Heather and Tommy hugged their mom and looked elated. Jim didn't help my self-consciousness. One of the reasons I liked Jim was because he was never aware of how attractive he was both physically and emotionally. I'd never had a "thing" for him, but Julie couldn't have done much better.

I brushed off my hands on my "I cook better naked" apron and made the introductions. "Meredith, Frank, this is Julie, the mother of my children and my best friend. The 'too good looking for his clothes' man with her is Jim Forman, her husband. Julie, Jim, this is Meredith and Frank Bartoni. If you aren't sure who is who, the one with the mustache is Frank." My greetings got evil looks from everyone; I was quite please with myself.

They greeted one another and Julie raised an eyebrow at Heather and John. The two teens were at the far end of the patio, finishing their burgers and chatting as if the rest of us didn't exist. Meredith grinned. "I think we may get to know one another a lot better, Julie, if I'm reading the signs right."

Julie grinned. "Non-stop, nonsensical jabbering or stumbling, tongue tied hellos?"

Meredith laughed. "Tongue tied and tripping to start; they've been talking on and off for a couple hours now."

Shaking her head, Julie rolled her eyes. "Leave it to my daughter to pick a boy who doesn't go to her school." She paused and eyed me. "Which reminds me, someone has a new boy in his life too."

Josh was coming over as she said it, and I swear he blushed. I was about to introduce him when Mere stepped up and took over. "I've known him longer, Zack." Winking at Julie she laughed. "Women, rule!" Josh looked totally befuddled as Mere pulled him up for inspection. "Julie, may I introduce Josh Winters. Josh, this is your primary competition, Zack's ex, Julie Forman."

Josh gave Mere a frown before smiling at Julie and extending his hand. "I certainly hope I'm not competition. From what Josh has told me, you'd probably kick my ass."

She laughed. "Only if you hurt my best friend." She looked him over, and then smiled around him at me. "Good taste, Zack. You can keep him."

I pulled Josh away from the two nosy broads and headed for the house. "What would you guys want to drink?"

"Beer?" Jim looked hopeful, even though Julie gave him a slitty-eyed-look.

"Water." Julie answered, shaking her head at her husband before turning her attention back to Mere.

When we got into the kitchen, I smiled at Josh. "Sorry about that."

He chuckled and looked out the window at the women. "I think we're going to have our hands full with them."

I groaned. "Tell me about it. It seemed like a good idea at the time." I shrugged and pulled down some glasses. I got out a beer for Jim and poured the water for Julie. I was about to take the drinks back out when I felt a warm, well-packaged body press up against me.

Josh leaned in, slowly pressing me against the counter as he brought his lips to my ear. "Do you have any idea how you're diving me nuts in that apron?" I shivered. The feel of his chest pressed against my bare back and his obviously growing bulge causing my suit to ride up into my crack had me breathing heavy. His voice was so low. "Your chest his so hot, Zack." I had to grip onto the counter as his hands slid up the sides of my body and moved around to grip my pecs.

"Josh..." All I really wanted to do was drag him into the bedroom and fuck like bunnies, but that wasn't going to happen. "We've got to get back outside..." I lost the ability to think when he rocked his hips and his bulge nestled completely between my cheeks as his teeth pulled on my earlobe. "Please..."

He slowly pulled back, releasing me from the counter. His entire body was flush. "I know... I just wanted to let you know how I felt."

Taking a deep breath, I turned around. His Speedo did very little to hide his interest. "Yeah, you felt pretty good." Ok, that wasn't the right thing to say. Before I knew it, we were sucking face with abandon. It was so obvious that he was as ready to move forward as I was. I felt like an idiot for being scared.

I realized we weren't alone when I heard a giggle from the other side of the kitchen. I pulled out of our lip-lock to see Heather and John standing on the other side of the counter. Heather looked bemused; John looked stunned. "Hey Dad, you going to make some more burgers or are you going to hide in here and suck face?"

"The slave cook is on his way, mistress!" My voice imitated Igor's and she laughed. "How are we doing on buns?"

Heather looked at Josh's ass and smiled. "Look good from here, Dad."

"Heather!"

She giggled and pulled a now blushing John along with her. "I think there's still a pack out there."

"Ok," I was blushing too, "Get out of here your brats!"

Josh looked mortified. "Can you die of embarrassment?"

Shaking my head, I turned around and grabbed the drinks. "No, you can only wish you could."

The rest of the afternoon was a lot of fun. It was also sexual torture. Josh had set my motor running with the grope and kiss session, and the warm sun, booze and the fact he was nearly naked all added to my growing desire to send everyone home. Julie and Meredith took to each other like fish to water. Josh was right; we were doomed.

Frank came up to me after I'd returned from putting away the food, and smiled. "Jim says you're a martial arts master?"

I laughed. "Just an enthusiast."

"Where do you teach?"

"Pai Lum, it's over in Falls Church."

He nodded toward Tony. "You guys teach guys his age?"

"Yeah, but there are a lot closer schools to you. That'd be a horrible drive up from P Street to Falls Church."

"I like dealing with people we know." He grinned. "I bet you could impress the shit out of the kids."

Laughing I set down my glass. "What do you want me to do, Frank; break a lawn chair in two?"

He chuckled. "Nah, just show the kids that us old folks aren't wusses."

I shrugged and grabbed Tommy. "Hey, Sport. Demo time."

"Dad!" Tommy hated to be on display. Regardless of that, he'd been in class since he was eight.

We did some mirrored forms on the grass, and then some combat forms. I always enjoyed working out with my son; I think he enjoyed it too, but just found it embarrassing to do it in public. When we finished, we got a round of applause, which embarrassed Tommy further.

John smirked. "That's cool, but it wouldn't stop a guy who's bigger and stronger."

I raised an eyebrow. "The whole point of martial arts is that size and strength doesn't matter."

Frank grinned. "Well, I sure not going to challenge you."

John wasn't convinced. " Dad, that's obvious. Zack's built." That caught me off guard. I certainly wouldn't have called myself built. "I mean, no offense, but Tommy is just a kid. I could pound him into the dirt."

artisticbiguy
artisticbiguy
1,075 Followers