Unforgettable

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
alextasy
alextasy
589 Followers

I did my duty, offered my daughter's hand to her lucky groom, and retreated to the front row. Cece cleared a place for me beside her, but I chose to sit on the other side of her husband.

"Good job on the remodeling," Mark said, looking around. "Kelly's absolutely beautiful."

"Yes, she is." I agreed.

Throughout the ceremony, my eyes were on Sophie. The sun was in my eyes, and I wasn't sure, but I imagined that I saw her glancing at me occasionally. She had seemed so distant today - I still wasn't convinced that my daughter was right about her crush on me. I thought about what Kelly had asked earlier: a brother or sister? Sophie hadn't been real clear about protection. Was that all she wanted the whole time? A lesbian who found a convenient way to get a baby? My jaw tightened.

When the preacher said, "I now pronounce you...", the happy couple kissed, politely, then Kelly leaned in and whispered something to Brian. He looked at her with the biggest smile I can imagine, then he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her again passionately, not even letting go when the preacher made a joke.

After the recessional, I strolled back to the happy bride and groom. Sophie had walked back up the aisle in the recessional arm-in-arm with one of the groomsmen, but she had disappeared. Kelly jumped up on me, dress and all, hugging my neck so tight that she nearly strangled me.

"Daddy! It was wonderful. That was better than any wedding I could have imagined! The rainbows, everything! Thank you!" and she kissed my cheek. Then she added more secretively, "And thank you for everything last night. You were so right."

"About what?"

"When the preacher told us we were married, I whispered to Brian that he owned me now, that I was totally his - all of me, just like you said. When we got to the back of the room, he stopped and told me that was the most perfect thing I could have said, and he was humbled and thankful that the most wonderful woman in the world belonged to him."

"And here I thought you had told him you weren't wearing panties."

"He'll discover that later," she grinned. Then she cocked her head. "How did you know?"

"A little bird..."

## ( XIV ) INVITATIONS ##

The hotel had brought in a few extra cooks - I promised double wages for them - and we served a buffet instead of table service. Brian gathered up all the smart phones and mp3 players from his friends, the hotel had come up with a cheap little PA system, and everyone was taking turns as DJ so we could dance. Every time I looked around, Sophie was either already dancing with someone, or nowhere to be seen.

I was sitting by myself, enjoying a second helping of a scrumptious cauliflower casserole when Missy pulled a chair up next to me.

"Hi, Mr. Lyme," as she always called me. "I don't see you dancing very much. Are you worn out?" she asked, suggestively.

"Not really. Just been a long day."

"Oh," she said. "I heard you had a wild night, too. Been busy introducing our little dyke to the wild, wonderful world of men, huh? I always said she'd hook up with you someday, and I was right."

I twisted my head and gave her a disdainful look, but she ignored it. I noticed she had slowly been hiking up the edge of her gown until her bony knee was visible.

"I never knew you were such a wild guy, Mr. Lyme. No panties! And talking about all that wild stuff with your own daughter? That's totally wild!"

"I'm glad you approve, Missy." I said blandly.

She shoved her chair further under the table, and abruptly grabbed my wrist and laid my hand on her bare knee, pushing it underneath her dress, up her emaciated thigh. "I like hot, older cars, too," she said. The affectation of her voice was an attempt at seductive, but it just sounded whorish to me. She sounded like Cece.

I struggled, broke free, and withdrew my hand. "Missy, I don't think..."

She interrupted, "Ever had two women, Mr. Lyme? I can arrange a wild night with me and Sophie together. Just say the word. It would be a night you would never forget. Totally wild!"

"Why don't you talk with Sophie about that?" I said. Maybe Sophie wanted me but she still couldn't totally give up women. I certainly didn't know. I was beginning not to care.

"Okay!" Missy said enthusiastically. "We'll talk later," she whispered, and tried to kiss me, but I turned so her lips landed on my cheek.

I finished my casserole, and danced with Kelly, and then with Brian's mom. I looked around for Sophie, and found her across the room, talking to a couple of the groomsmen who were checking her out. A tight ball of jealousy formed in my gut.

Cece stood a few feet away. When my ex caught my eye, she made a show of licking her lips, slow and lewd before turning back to her conversation with Brian's dad. It was her own not-so-subtle message that her mouth - and any other part of her body - was available -

Glancing back at Sophie, I saw she had also been watching Cece. She turned to me and perfectly copied Cece's lascivious lick, then grinned. Was she serious, or was she only making fun of me? I tried to make my way to her, but before I could get there, one of the young men had her by the hand, dragging her to the dance floor. She looked back at me and shrugged.

## ( XV ) A RECONCILIATION ##

I wandered to the men's room, trying to make sense of everything that was going on. On the way back I ran into Sophie's mom, Claire. We had not spoken since that despicable night. This was one of the events about the weekend that I was dreading. Now I was in double indemnity. How was I supposed to apologize, then tell her what I did to her daughter last night? At least her husband Bill wasn't with her. I knew I'd have to find him later, and I expected he might punch me in the face. I certainly deserved it.

We saw each other at the same time, and both stopped. I had forgotten how attractive she was, and I recognized where Sophie got her dark, thick mane, and those deep brown eyes and round face that seemed so innocent and sexy at the same time. Reminiscence crept in, how aroused I felt unbuttoning the yellow sundress Claire wore that night, the apprehensive, yet seductive look in her eyes, the way she had whimpered and then exploded in a shuddering orgasm with my face between her legs. The way her hefty breasts swayed as she rode me the way her daughter did last night. Then there were the tears that flowed from her afterward, also like Sophie, but also different.

I shook off the memories, preparing myself to deal with what I should have done long ago. Neither of us said a thing for a moment, and then suddenly we both blurted out, "I'm sorry!"

I repeated, "I'm so sorry, Claire. For what I did, and everything that happened."

She tilted her head quizzically, holding up her hand. "Why are you apologizing, Chuck? It was all my fault," she said.

"Huh? I - I don't understand," I answered, befuddled.

"I was the one who screwed up your marriage, and I'm so sorry," she said. "I was just trying to protect my daughter."

What?

"Hold on," I replied. "Let's make this clear. None of that was your fault. First of all, our marriage was a disaster long before that night with you. Second, what does Sophie have to do with what happened between us?"

She sighed. "I guess you know how Sophie felt about you." Looking away, she shrugged. "Maybe she still does, I don't know."

What the fuck? Did everybody know about her infatuation but me?

"Anyway," she continued, "She was only seventeen, and I was afraid she was going to do something stupid with you, something she would regret. She's my little girl, and I couldn't stand to see her get hurt. I'm sure you understand. We worry about our daughters."

Still totally confounded, I nodded.

Claire went on. "I wanted to talk with you about it, but I wasn't sure what to say. I mean, how do you convince your best friend's husband to refuse an offer from your hot little teenage girl? I figured you were a better man than that, but I know how tenacious she can be when she gets something in her head."

Yes, I was beginning to understand that.

Looking down, unable to face me, she said, "I started drinking. You know, a little liquid courage. Then I came to see you, and you gave me some more wine. I was emotional and drunk, a dangerous combination. I thought, 'maybe if he has me, then he won't be interested in her'. So I pushed myself on you. I lured you into something you probably wouldn't have done. I was so ashamed."

I stared at her, dumbfounded. All these years, I thought I was the jerk. Well, yeah. I was still a jerk.

Claire laid her hand on my chest. "I didn't mean it that way, Chuck. You were amazing. It was all a little foggy, but I remember thinking how lucky Cece was." She looked toward the floor with an embarrassed smile, her cheeks glowing pink like her daughter's. "Probably the best I ever had," she said softly, letting her words trail off.

My ego was puffing up like a weather balloon.

She said, "I think that was what I was so ashamed of, how much I enjoyed it. But then Cece found out. I don't know how. She told Bill, and, well, you know the rest. I'm so sorry, Chuck. Can you forgive me?"

I took her hand. "Claire, there was plenty of blame to go around. I always felt that I took advantage of you. I should have been able to rein myself in, but you were so - so lovely, so inviting." Just like Sophie, I thought. With a thumb, I stroked a tear from her cheek. "Regardless, my marriage would have ended anyway, Claire. It wasn't because of you, so don't feel bad about that. I'm just sorry that you and Bill got messed up in all this, too."

"Thanks, Chuck. Our marriage was - well, we had our troubles, too. We went to counseling, and eventually everything smoothed out."

"Where is he?" I asked, looking around. "I haven't seen him today."

She lowered her head. "Cancer. Two years ago."

I pulled her to me and held her. She sobbed against my chest. Her body felt so good, and I remembered the way her daughter had molded into me as I ravished her not so many hours ago. I felt a growth in my pants, and loosened my hug to keep my shameful secret from nudging against her belly.

Thankfully, Claire stepped back. I handed her a napkin from a nearby table to wipe her eyes. "You know," she said, "I've often wondered if I had just let things run their course, maybe something would have happened between the two of you. Perhaps that wouldn't have been so bad after all. She would have gotten it out of her system. Then, just maybe, she wouldn't have turned out..." She looked up at me sadly. "You know, don't you?"

"Women?" I said gently.

She nodded, and wiped her nose. "Your daughter Kelly is so lovely, and her husband seems like a great guy. Maybe you'll have grandchildren soon. Not much hope for me," she mused sadly, with a resigned shrug.

I struggled with how much I should divulge. Somehow, I still wasn't comfortable with telling her what I had done to her daughter.

"Don't give up, Claire," I said. "Sophie's still young. There's plenty of time. You never know how things are going to turn out."

So fucking trite. So fucking spineless. I felt like a chicken-shit.

I couldn't ignore the distinct impression that Claire was hinting at something when she said, "You know, I wouldn't much care whose baby it was. Even if it was just a one-night-stand and she never told me anything about the father." She chuckled to herself. "Listen at me - I know I sound silly. I don't think she's ever been on a date with a boy."

Could I tell her the truth? Would that make her happy, or make things worse? With a miserable blend of cowardice and discretion, I told her, "I'm pretty sure she has."

"Did Kelly tell you something?" she asked, hopefully. "They were always so close. Sophie never talks to me about her love life. I guess that's for the best."

"It's tough raising kids," I noted, artfully dodging her question. I paraphrased what I'd told her daughter, "Self-deception is a parent's best friend."

She nodded, chuckling. "Yes, you're so right."

"Sophie's a big girl now." As I said the words, I realized how wrong they were, and how wrong I'd been. I corrected myself. "No, Claire, she's not a girl any more. Sophie is a bright and attractive young woman who is creating her own life the way she wants it. Kids rarely turn out exactly the way we hope and dream for them, but we have to remember that those are our dreams, not theirs. Just let her do things her own way, and she'll be happy. That's what we really want most for our children, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," she agreed.

We hugged and I turned to leave. She held my sleeve.

"I - I don't know if I should tell you," she said, pausing to consider. "I found out in counseling with Bill... Oh, I shouldn't say anything. One shouldn't speak ill of the dead."

I waited.

She took a deep breath. "Bill...and Cece... I thought you would want to know."

"After you and I...?" I asked.

"Before," she said. "I'm sorry."

That fucking whore bitch spawn of hell.

"There is nothing for you to be sorry about, Claire," I said, giving her a hug. "Life is full of uncertainties, good and bad. Sometimes the best surprises show up where you least expect them."

I went looking for Sophie.

## ( XVI ) UNFORGETTABLE ##

I caught her as she was heading toward the dance floor, alone.

"We need to talk," I told her. In my anger following the conversation with her mom, perhaps I sounded a bit too stern.

Apprehension showed in her eyes, and I was about to apologize, when I heard someone announce the tossing of the bouquet.

"O-okay," she said, then pointing toward my daughter, "I - I need to go. Later?"

I nodded, and she ran off. Kelly turned around and flung the bouquet high over her head. There was a mad scramble, with the three single bridesmaids at the center of it. Somehow, Sophie came up waving the flowers high, beaming. My heart did a happy little flip, and I wasn't entirely sure why.

I went toward her, but before I could get there, Cece, Missy and Tara all ganged up on me to shuffle me to the garter toss. Kelly sat and hiked her gown up to her knee, and Brian knelt in front of her. She leaned over and whispered something to him, and he suddenly bolted upright, with a smile from ear-to-ear. His hand slid up her thigh, underneath her dress, further and further. She watched him, and I could see the excitement growing in her face. His hand kept moving upward until she gasped with wide-eyed grin, then she lurched and squealed. Everyone laughed, but only a few of us understood exactly how far he had gone, and what he'd found when he got there.

Brian stretched the garter and shot it back over his head. I made a halfhearted attempt at it, as did several other boys and men. It bounced off of several hands, so I was particularly surprised - and a little embarrassed - when it ended up hanging from my raised thumb. Kelly was thrilled.

I looked around for Sophie, and discovered it was her turn for DJ duty. Tara pulled me onto the dance floor for a saucy little modern number, and we were shaking our booties together with some hot moves. Despite a few extra pounds, she was a sexy little tart, and she could dance. Cece kept me on the floor, insisting that I join in on "YMCA". She knew I hated that. I slipped out afterward and got a shot of top-shelf bourbon from the bar - hell, I'd paid enough for it - and sat at an empty table, trying to figure out what I was going to say to Sophie.

A slow dance came on. It was one of my favorites, Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable". I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, mister. Do you want to dance?" It was Sophie.

We held each other close, her head turned to the side, resting on my chest, swaying to the slow, easy rhythm without talking. She felt so warm and comfortable. Even without looking at her, I could sense the Sophie calculator working at full speed.

I was correct. She looked up at me, timid. "Are you angry with me?"

I stopped dancing and looked her in the eye. "No!" I insisted. "No, Sophie, I'm not angry. Why would I be angry with you?"

She pulled me back in and we danced. She said, "I thought maybe, last night, when I fell asleep, and we didn't get to - you know. And then today, I wasn't sure how you felt. You weren't talking to me, I was afraid..."

I stroked her back. "Sophie, I'm not angry. You looked so beautiful sleeping like that. I didn't have the heart to wake you up. Then today, both of us were busy getting the crazy wedding together. You didn't say anything to me, and I was worried that you thought last night was a mistake, or something."

She stepped back, and I twirled her around. She looked up. "Last night was magical, Chuck," she said, a reverence in her eyes. "You were more than I'd ever hoped for." She came in close again, her arms tight around me, her cheek at my chest again.

As we danced, I began noticing several pairs of eyes on us -- my daughter, her friend Tara, and Sophie's mom were all smiling. Cece was in full bitchy frown mode. I turned us so she could see my fingertips lightly caressing Sophie's bare shoulders and her neck.

"...And forever more, that's how you'll stay..." Nat sang. I never wanted this dance to end.

Sophie was quiet. Click, click, click. Tentatively, without turning her face up, she said, "Missy told me that you wanted to do a threesome with me and her."

I chuckled. "No, that's not what I said. She made an offer, and I suggested she should talk with you about it first."

"If you want to do something like that, Tara is a lot more fun," she hinted, matter-of-factly.

My imagination went into full 3D. Tara's full curves and Sophie's perfect ass, both spread out naked before me. Holy Mother of God. I presumed it would not be their first time together.

With sincere enthusiasm, she added, "I'm sure she would jump at the chance to —"

"No, Sophie," I interrupted, quickly erasing my lustful thoughts before they consumed me. "Thanks, but I'm not interested. This car is just a one-driver model now."

"Good," she said, squeezing me tight. I didn't have to see her face to feel the shape of her grin, so big that her cheeks made an imprint on my chest.

The singer cooed, "...How the thought of you, does things to me..." I was making my own imprint on her belly. She snuggled closer, rubbing against it.

I told her, "It's okay with me if you still enjoy women, Sophie. Or even if you want a woman to join us sometime. It's just —"

She quickly looked up at me. "No, Chuck! I - I don't have to. I mean, they're all great friends, and we had some wonderful times together, but they were just fuck-buddies."

The incongruity of the phrase "fuck-buddies" coming from the adorable mouth on this sweet, lovable young woman in my arms made me laugh.

Leaning against me again, she said, "I'm serious, Chuck. I mean, we had fun, and I loved them all, but it never came close to the way I feel about you. From the time I first started noticing boys, I realized none of them were like you. So smart, so kind, so sophisticated and sexy. I never even considered any other man. Then you moved away, and I figured out we would probably never be together. Girls were the only thing left for me."

Stunned, I was speechless. We danced to the last strains of the tune, "...It's incredible, that someone so unforgettable, thinks that I am, unforgettable, too."

Shy and uncertain, Sophie asked quietly, "Is it still okay if I come visit you in Atlanta? With nobody around who knows us, you wouldn't have to be embarrassed about us being seen together, or anything."

She thought I was embarrassed to be seen with her?

In one motion, I tilted her back in a dip, bent over her, and kissed those luscious lips, deeply and passionately. Her arms flew around my neck in a tight embrace. I closed my eyes, and every sound in the room faded away until all I could hear was the rushing of blood in my ears.

alextasy
alextasy
589 Followers