Uninvited Ch. 04: The Way Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Snekguy
Snekguy
2,791 Followers

I slid my hand up the curve of her narrow waist, pausing for a moment when I reached her chest to sink my fingers into the pliant surface of her breast, then slipped my hand under her hood. She shivered and sighed happily, leaning down so that I could scratch her more easily, teasing the sensitive flesh where her hood connected to her neck.

We stayed locked together for a few more minutes, then her muscles started to clench around my member, milking me in almost painful undulations. She was close, and I thrust into her, ignoring the bolt of pain that shot through my side. She hissed and flared her hood, her claws digging into me a little deeper than was comfortable, and I felt her elongated body tense up as her climax tore through her. She quivered, her muscles trembling around my member, her spiny depths chewing on the tender tip of my cock. The sensation was too much for me to bear, and I felt my own orgasm force a spurt of my warm emission from my body. My muscles spasmed, the pain of my busted ribs mingling with the sharp pleasure of my ejaculation to produce a confusing soup that drove an odd exclamation from my lips. I pushed my head deeper into her inviting cleavage as I emptied into her, hot ropes of my seed splashing her alien innards. She placed a gentle hand on the back of my head and held me to her as we came together, not as raw and powerful as some of our prior finishes, but somehow relaxed and pleasant. When the muscle contractions subsided we were overcome with a dull euphoria and an overpowering fatigue. She placed me delicately on the mattress and curled around me, careful to avoid compressing my chest in her tail, and we drifted off to sleep without so much as another word. Conversation was not our strong point, the way her body enclosed me and her fingers sought out my hair told me more than her synthesized words ever could.

CHAPTER 4: CUT THE HEAD OFF THE SNAKE

She was gone when I awoke, cold in the absence of her coiled body that was usually wrapped around me like a heavy blanket. They had probably set out already, I had no duties while I was on sick leave, there was no reason for me to get up. I rolled over on the mattress and tried for a while to go back to sleep, but the knot in my stomach would not allow it. I decided to get up and make my way to the situation room, maybe I could watch the progress of the mission. I swung my legs out of bed and pulled on my clothes, careful to avoid hurting my side, then left the room and made my way sluggishly towards the front of the ship.

When I arrived at the situation room it was packed with people crowding around the many displays and monitors that lined the walls, showing all manner of information on mission status and progress. I found Garcia in the throng of people, and we chatted for a while as we sat on one side of the large room and tried to see the screens over the heads of the anxious and excited personnel. Apparently almost fifty people had volunteered, Garcia included, but in the end the Commander had only picked ten of them. Vi had gone, along with most of the higher ranked operatives, all kitted out with the most advanced equipment our engineers could produce. He told me that the science staff had unlocked some kind of Elder secret weapon, and the Commander himself was using it against them, some kind of remote control proxy. I didn't really understand, but the concept was interesting.

Garcia got us coffee, and we sat in silence for a while as we sipped at our mugs, watching the readouts on the displays. We couldn't see helmet cam footage, the team had gone through some kind of teleporter or portal that was interfering with the signal. We would only know the fate of the operatives and the status of the mission when they returned through it.

The mission to capture and subvert ADVENT transmissions had gone according to plan, and now scenes of carnage filtered in from news reports and our own surveillance systems, the monitors showing images of insurgency and battle all around the world. The cities were ablaze, civilians were taking up arms to fight against ADVENT and the resistance were launching guerrilla operations in every population center. Things had been quiet, and the population had been complacent for so long that ADVENT had been taken by surprise, completely unprepared for a mass revolt of this scale. They had thought that they were in the last stages of their occupation, that their war against humanity was over, but their broadcasts proclaiming breakthroughs in gene therapy that would have seen billions of humans flock to their clinics to be mulched and turned into genetic goop for use by the Elders had been replaced with our own recorded footage of their real plans. Partially disintegrated people floating in tanks as their bodies were broken down into raw materials, pools full of the dead and dying, alien machines performing grotesque surgeries and experiments on unwilling patients. Needless to say, the public had not taken kindly to these revelations, they were awake, their eyes had been opened just as mine had been when I had first witnessed the cruelty of the occupation, and they were out for blood.

As I watched one of the monitors, shaky footage probably from a livestream showed a dozen civilians assailing an ADVENT trooper who had been caught alone, beating him with whatever they could find. Rocks, sticks, pieces of broken paving stone, a traffic cone, a broken stop sign. I had to chuckle at the brutality of it all, righteous anger could motivate even the most peaceful and tolerant people into feats of extreme violence. I felt a little guilty, but this was the only way, and the aliens deserved it.

Did they really deserve it though? I felt a pang of doubt as I remembered what Vi had told me the night before, that her people had been enslaved by the Elders too. Were they all slaves, fighting wars for the Elders against their will? Perhaps that was true of the Vipers and Mutons, but what of the genetically engineered abominations like the Sectoids and the Troopers? Was the mental conditioning, and in some cases actual psychic mind control so powerful that they had no will of their own, or were they eager attack dogs raring for an opportunity to inflict suffering on what they saw as their subjects?

Didn't matter now, the revolution had already begun and all ADVENT forces were targets, I had to keep in mind that it was they who had forced our hand and not the other way around. They had come to Earth seeking conflict, and they had found it.

There would be witch hunts too, collaborators would be strung up like in the final days of the Nazi regime or the terrors of the Russian and French revolutions. Historical images of Mussolini, the Italian dictator, flashed in my mind. He hung upside down alongside his fellows, beaten savagely and suspended in the air like a farm animal at a slaughterhouse, his clothing in tatters as the partisans put his corpse on display. It wasn't up to me to decide what was right and wrong, what measures were necessary and which were gratuitous. My job was to set these events in motion, the people of the world would sort themselves out one way or another.

As I watched an alien mech strode through the crowd, firing its massive plasma cannon in short bursts, its purely logical AI subsystems cutting down the rioters without a hint of remorse. They scattered, and the cameraman fled, his phone pointed at the ground as he ran for his life.

On another screen the ADVENT News Network scrolled past, their propaganda channel that masqueraded as journalism. A well-coiffed and finely dressed woman was talking, footage of the civil war erupting on a green screen behind her, her expression calm as she read her prompter and promised leniency for those who turned themselves in. All lies of course, ADVENT had never had humanity's salvation in mind, from the very start they had planned to recycle the population and turn every man, woman and child into Soylent Green.

"I've never seen anything like this," Garcia muttered, taking another sip of his steaming coffee. "The whole planet is on fire. I know the alternative would be extinction, but it hardly makes this any easier to watch."

As if to punctuate his point, more amateur footage came in of a team of Mutons pinned behind a wrecked dropship, the vessel having seemingly been shot down over a gas station. It had cratered and dug a trench in the street, hitting the pumps and erupting into what must have been an impressive ball of flame. All that was left now was the broken hull and the fires raging around it, the surviving payload of aliens hunkered down within the wreckage, trying to avoid incoming fire from a group of insurgents. I watched a grenade fired from a launcher off-camera bounce into the ship and detonate, throwing a Muton clear of the wreck to land limply on the ground. Its obviously lifeless body was peppered with small arms fire from overly eager rioters, the resistance must be giving out stockpiles of weapons to anyone who showed up to fight.

The room was full of murmured conversation along with cheers or gasps when a particularly exciting image was displayed on one of the screens. Some of the soldiers seemed downright bloodthirsty, reveling in the scenes of carnage, but I had to remember that many of them were veterans of the invasion war and that some had lost friends to the aliens. This must seem like deserved retribution to them, revenge for twenty years of oppression. As much as I lived and breathed XCOM's cause, I just couldn't see things in such simple terms, not after my time with Vi. The aliens weren't mindless killing machines, at least not all of them, some had been in the position we were in right now and had lost the fight that we seemed to be winning. If we failed here, the next planet to be conquered by the Elders would surely see human troops fighting alongside their menagerie of alien soldiers, perhaps genetically modified or brainwashed to carry out their orders just as ADVENT did.

"Did they say how long the mission should take," I asked Garcia, and he shook his head.

"No idea, they don't know what they'll find in the fortress."

I sat back in my chair and tried to drink some more of my cooling coffee, my stomach churning. More waiting, always waiting, I couldn't stand sitting here not knowing. The carnage on the monitors didn't do much to improve my mood, but I had to keep telling myself that there was no humane solution to the problem ADVENT had created. I looked away as an ADVENT checkpoint exploded into an orange fireball, some kind of improvised explosive hidden in a car it looked like. Maybe I would go back to my quarters and try to sleep through this, but I wanted to be here when Vi returned, if she returned...

Suddenly one of the ADVENT mechs that was marching through a crowd of rioters on one of the larger monitors to my right stopped, freezing as if someone had pressed its 'off' button, then it seemed to collapse into standby mode. As I watched with wide eyes, the same happened to two others, then the Troopers who had been using them as fire support faltered. They hit their helmets with their hands as if their equipment was malfunctioning, losing all coordination and starting to fall back in a panic. I rose out of my seat, scrutinizing them as they turned and began to run. I had never seen anything like it before.

On another display a Muton was looking around, bewildered and lost as protesters pelted it with rocks and bottles. It lowered its weapon and bellowed, its rage and confusion obvious, but so abrupt. It was happening everywhere, ADVENT machinery was shutting down, their troops were losing coordination, their formations dissolving and their will to fight wavering. Something had just happened, something big.

"What the fuck is going on," Garcia muttered, "it's like they all went crazy at the same time."

"The network...the ADVENT network that lets them communicate with eachother, it's down! Their comms are down, the psychic link that lets the Elders give out orders, it's been silenced!" I pointed to one of the monitors and gripped his arm. "Look! That Viper doesn't know where she is, like she just woke up from a dream. See how the hood is flared? She's scared, she doesn't understand what's happening."

"You can tell that just from its body language?"

"Yeah, and I assume the rest of them are just as disoriented, you don't have to be an empath to see how terrified those Troopers are. What the hell is going on? Did the mission succeed?"

"I think that's a safe assumption," Garcia replied. "Have...have we won?"

The sound of the intercom filled the room, it was the voice of Bradford, the second in command on the Avenger. The crowd went quiet, eager to hear the report.

"Now hear this, now hear this! The mission to assault the fortress was a success, the Elders are dead."

A deafening cheer rang out in the room, the personnel pumping their fists and hugging eachother. A few dress berets were thrown into the air, and Garcia slammed his fist on our table in triumph, almost spilling our coffee.

"ADVENT forces are in disarray all over the world," Bradford continued. "Reports are coming in from all major alien-controlled cities that their resistance is crumbling, they have lost command and control, they can no longer mount an effective defense now that their leaders are gone."

The images on the monitors confirmed what he was saying, it was as if they couldn't think for themselves, they had no initiative. Heavily armed Troopers were being brought down by rioters armed with rocks, all because they didn't have the sense to provide covering fire. Was the ADVENT army really so reliant on a top-down command structure? They seemed to have no contingency plan for this scenario. Was their control over their soldiers being interrupted, even temporarily, so unthinkable to the Elders that they didn't even have a backup plan?

The room was full of celebration, cheering, revelry. The troops were overjoyed, and as much as I felt pride and hope welling in my chest, I would not be able to relax until Vi was back. They must have taken some casualties, there's no way they had walked into the heart of the ADVENT war machine and come out unscathed. Bradford had not announced any fatalities, likely so as not to dampen the spirit of the men, but I had no doubt that they wouldn't all be returning. Vi was fast and she was strong, she had a better chance of surviving than most, but I couldn't speculate as to what exotic aliens and robots they might have fought in there.

A crate of beer was being passed around, pre-war, kept cold in the morgue for just such an occasion. It was morbid, but there was something to be said for leaving our round of victory drinks in the custody of our dead comrades. A can of beer was cracked open and thrust into my hands, frothing its amber foam down my wrist and falling into my lap. Garcia caught one and took a hearty draw, climbing up onto the table and shaking the can, showing a crowd of chanting soldiers with the beverage as if it were champagne. Some sat apart from the rest, holding their heads in their hands or resting on a table and relaxing, sighs of relief inaudible over the noise. I downed my beer in one, the bitter liquid cooling my throat, more for something to occupy myself than for revelry.

I gave Garcia a pat on the back, and made my way to the exit, leaning against the wall in the narrow hallway as I closed the door behind me and shut out the cacophony. It was really over then, the Elders were dead and their troops were leaderless and cut off, no reinforcements or supplies would be coming in now. I should go back to my room, that's where Vi would expect me to be when she came back.

I made my way down the corridor, my boots tapping on the metal deck, and after a while I arrived at my quarters. The automatic door slid open with a whir to allow me access, and I collapsed onto my bed, wincing as the impact jolted my healing ribs. If they made any more announcements I would hear them in here, I didn't want to sour the mood in the situation room, there would be time to celebrate and reflect once Vi returned.

The digital clock on the wall advanced sluggishly, the red neon numbers ticking past as if in slow motion. Why were they not back yet? They hadn't taken a dropship, they had gone through some kind of teleporter that had been constructed on the engineering deck, reverse engineered from technology recovered in the field. It was the only way to access the fortress, impenetrable with no conventional means of reaching it.

After a while I started to fall asleep, the stress and worry overcoming me. As my eyes began to close I heard something approaching in the hall outside the room, like a towel being dragged across metal. I rose to a sitting position, alert now as the door opened, and Vi stood before me in her metal chest plate. Without a word she lunged towards me, taking me in her long tail and wrapping it around me, pulling me against her chest plate. She remembered too late that my ribs were bruised, and huffed apologetically, but I didn't care. She was back, she was alive.

She rubbed her large head against my face affectionately, running her long fingers through my hair, then lowered me back to the ground. She fumbled for the tablet on her belt, then tapped on its touch screen furiously.

[ELDERS DEAD, ALL ARE FREE]

"You did it," I replied, unable to mask the admiration in my voice. "You really did it, you killed them. What was it like? What did you find in that fortress?" I waited eagerly for her to type a reply.

[HEAVY DEFENSE, POWERFUL ENEMIES, WE GO FORWARD AND OVERCOME]

"You pushed through the defenders? What did the Elders look like?"

[FRAGILE AND WEAK, POWER OF MIND, ELDERS USE PUPPETS]

Puppets? What was she talking about? Some kind of proxy they used to fight perhaps? It sounded as if their bodies were frail but that they possessed enormous psychic powers. That must have been what had been disrupted, sending the troops into chaos, like unplugging a data cable the ADVENT forces had been disconnected from their masters in one fell swoop. It didn't matter right now, all that mattered was that she was alive, and we were together. I would have ample time to pick her brain for details.

"I can't believe we won. We beat them."

[TASK DIFFICULT, WE OVERCOME]

She lowered her hand to ruffle my hair, smiling at me in her own way, then lifted me gingerly in her tail to position me on the bed. She curled around me, her chubby body enclosing me in a blanket of smooth scales.

[TIRED, LONG BATTLE, SLEEP ALONGSIDE]

I didn't complain, it wasn't every day we won a war, she deserved all the rest she wanted.

We stood in the hangar bay of the Avenger, I had a rucksack full of what belongings I had accrued during my stay with XCOM, along with my rifle and some ammunition that we had been permitted to keep. The war was over, the occupation had been broken and ADVENT had been routed. There were still pockets of resistance here and there, usually wherever the aliens had been the most entrenched, but they were disorganized and poorly supplied. The human rebels, or as we should now refer to them 'the status quo', were mopping up the remaining loyalists. Many had defected, mostly Vipers and Mutons it seemed, losing the will to fight now that their leaders were dead. They were likely thinking in individualistic terms for the first time in their lives. They were no more cooperative and wanted nothing to do with the human rebellion, but their only concern seemed to be to seek out like minded members of their own species and vanish into the wilderness, presumably to make their own way in the world. The Vipers behaved similarly, choosing to self-segregate and disappear, leaving the population centers in massive swarms. It was a matter of some contention as to whether they should be pursued and killed or not, but in the chaos it was very difficult to make any such declarations, much less see that they were enforced.

Snekguy
Snekguy
2,791 Followers
1...45678...19