All Comments on 'Union in Partition'

by TitilateMe

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wow!

Really really good, well written and painfull and interesting at the same time. You may be on the wrong site with the garabage this site has but thanks very much. Hope to read more.

michchick98michchick98about 17 years ago
EXCELLENT!

That's all I can say. EXCELLENT!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A cut above!

Very nicely done! This piece of writing is a cut above the usual stroke fare. Well-written. Thank you. Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Job!

Good Job! I liked the story as much for what it didn't tell as for what it did. It captured the odd feeling of unacted on yearning that I suspect most of us experience every once in a while.

Chris

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent: spot on

I was attracted to this by the title: someone has something subtle to say, I thought. The writing is quite superb: exact, realistic, perfectly balanced. The little details about the children, and about the cars, are laid out with great care and are very keenly observed. The street-light halo was a lovely evocative touch.

FrancisromanticFrancisromanticabout 17 years ago
Quite Well Done

Really created the sense of anticipation and longing that are the hallmarks of unrequited love... your details capture the reality of life in all of its everyday aspects, and yet the tension of wanting more and being so close! A very enjoyable read>

marvinprobotmarvinprobotalmost 17 years ago
Well Done

It's well written, and the details are deep. Definately a cut above the average submission.

tzme_plzmetzme_plzmeover 12 years ago
Very Nice

Really enjoyed it. Your way with words almost played like a movie in my head....very nice

kornbreadkornbreadover 12 years ago
Very Nice!

Been there, done that. I know of nothing more frustrating in the universe. You have a nice way of expressing the feelings, each moment, and allowing the reader to have those feelings, too. Very nice work.

DeepAirDiverDeepAirDiverover 12 years ago
Does life imitate art or art imitate life?

I see so much of my life in this story it scared me to continued reading. I loved how it ended, it was a little twist and change of my expectations. I just wished it ended like that for me.

OX2OX2over 12 years ago
Realistic

Very nice story. well written; it captures the emotions that everybody feels every day.

donalddxtrdonalddxtrover 12 years ago
Real Life

A Lovely read. I wanted more...want more. I sincerely hope you write more...not just this story, but more. Thank You for the experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It's in the wrong

category. It's a cheating wives story, whether she went to bed with him or not. It's an emotional cheat and if she put as much effort into her own marriage as she did in escaping it, then there wouldn't be a problem, would there? I'm not saying the story is not a good one... it is, it's just wrong for romance... traveling to a forbidden area that should be left alone and far away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

good,,although it did not end the way i expected.one thing more,end it up there.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great story

I heard emotional cheat in a comment. Sometimes shit happens at least they detoured before the real damage was done to their marriage. I don't endorse dating by a loving couple married to persons outside their marriage. The dress up for the play entertained the idea of more than friends and it was a definite game of emotional chicken. The author presented the characters in slight stealth if their thinking and emotions. They were about to touch and mover to the level of no return and held off. They should've never went as far as they did. If she were my wife I would've ripped her dress off and sat her ass down to watch a movie and pledged to take her to a play in the near future. If she protested, so what, she's my wife and I'm her husband.

kaitlyn_sunkaitlyn_sunalmost 10 years ago

reading some of the other comments...

booo. the woman did the right thing. any husband that thinks he gets to dictate how his wife FEELS; the 1820's called. they want their patriarchal dominance back.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
To me, it's in the right category

Someone commented that she should put the same level of effort into her marriage as she does into these dates. I agree. In her commentary she points out her husband's worn track suite. Her happiness that he spends time on his errands, I assume rather than with her.

She doesn't, can't, know the things he finds about her that are less than endearing. Yet there dear hubby is. Renting her a movie,watching their kids, while she goes out and enters another world with another man.

I was happy to see her realize the danger as she envisioned her husband, with her kids sitting happily at home.

Steady husbands may not be the most glamorous thing in the world but they deserve more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous