All Comments on 'Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 12'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Quality literature

I am really enjoying this story. If it was published I would pay money for it .

EdwarusEdwarusover 9 years ago
Yes

Woot woot so happy for the new chapter and extremely loving this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

I am thoroughly enjoying this story.

I also must applaud you on your discipline in holding back on posting chapters. Taking the time to think through your plotline and allow yourself some leeway to fix any discrepancies is a well conceived and instituted plan.

It appears to be working well for you so far and I hope that it continues to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Spellcheck

Creek, not creak.

Great story.

wolf9696wolf9696over 9 years ago
about time

sheesh...took him long enuf......what with ALL the frickin soul searching he has to do to nail willing partners......

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Enemy mine.

Refreshingly new look at an old Science Fiction premise. Your writing is excellent, your use of dialogue is spontaneous, not contrived at all. I only noticed that one spelling error and I am impressed with the editing as much as anything else. I am glad to be reading this as you finish, but I also would have liked to have found it after you finished the series and thus enjoyed the whole story at once. Which I of course will do when you finish it.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Appreciate the fact...

I appreciate the fact that you take your time. 1. Taking the time to read through, write ahead, and check plot points. Kudos to you on that. 2. That you just didn't jump into mushy sloppy kitty lovey dovey eewy gewy alin sex! :-) To many on here just jump right to the action of banging the ever-lovin fuzz out of their partners.

As for the rest of it. Most of your stoires all get a 5, this one included. Sure there are some spelling mistakes now and then but it does not really detract from the story. Will be waiting to read more. I thank you for your time and I do very much appreciate you sharing your characters with us.

Sincerely, Payenbrant.

Wildman28Wildman28over 9 years ago
awesome

Almost gave it a bad rating on the mobile app cause it only had the first part of the story. Glad I looked on the main site to find the rest lol. As always keep up the good work I look forward to the next chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ouch.. that Pussy hurt.

The things you have to go thru just to get a piece of ass..LOL!

True About time he got her. Yet timing is whats makes the deal..

Hope to see more soon from you. Your story is quite good and well paced. Keep it coming ..

Ghost.

cittrancittranover 9 years ago
Okay, I admit it:

I have been utterly spoiled in my perception of a 'long chapter' by some of the authors I regularly read. *cough*cough*ETASKI*cough*

When you said "This one is considerably longer than most of the previous chapters" I was thinking "Okay, so it's probably 4 or 5 pages on Lit. then, right?"

Heh.

(Not that I think it's too short mind you -- just that I often forget the true difference between a page in Word/[Open/Libre]Office and a page on Lit. -- the ratio is about 5-6:1)

Also, one of the skills needed in a writer is knowing when to end a chapter, and when not to end it -- that was definitely a good time to end it.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Another great chapter to add to an outstanding story. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and look forward to reading many more. Thanking for sharing such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep it going

Good story, steady build up and makes sense as you read

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Epic battle. - In and out of the water.

Chapeau!

And as always - waiting for more. Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Admiration

A Most enthralling story. Science fiction at its best IMHO. Been on this Planet 65 years and first Sci Fi I have enjoyed. BazR

EdwarusEdwarusover 9 years ago

When do We get more of this crack junkie needing my fix : )

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loving it

Absolutely loving the story so far. I hope to see more chapters soon, at this pace I am more than happy with the fact we're getting a new chapter every few days, but I'm also impatient and want to know the full story now. I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of the story. That said... there were a few simple typos that the author might want to fix when they have time, (please not before the entirety of the story is complete though... I'm too impatient for that) such as during the fight where Liam knocked the "sir" out of Tem'ma'tel (sp?) which I feel pretty safe in believing was meant to be air.

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Great Story

This is by far one of the best stories in this category. Keep up the great work, you have a gift that transcends the small mistakes. I eagerly await the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So a part of me can't help but wonder…

Will we see the dogvaark again later?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep up the GOOD work

Don't be pressured to release any faster. This is a fantastic story in all its elements, both erotica and storyline. Both are what make it so good,

Do not compromise your quality for fear of delaying the next chapters.

NWRaptorNWRaptorover 9 years ago
Spelling and grammar checker fails

Yes, there are spelling errors in several chapters, but many are simply a case of the wrong word being used. One big problem with spellcheckers is that they don't catch similar words if they are spelled correctly, Grammar checkers might catch it; they might not.

I just tried WORD's spelling/grammar checker on "Her brest was bear" . It flagged "brest", suggesting it should be "Brest" but also gave "breast" as an option; it totally missed "bear".

For example:" THEIR are too many apples." Spellchecker won't flag "their" because it is spelled correctly even though it is grammatically incorrect. Other examples include:

AIR vs. ERR

BEAR vs. BARE

BREAST vs. BREST (a French port city)

YOUR vs. YOU'RE

TO, TOO, TWO

CATCH vs. KETCH

It is possible that English is not the author's first language. Let's give him a break.

NWR

CeruleanBlueCeruleanBlueover 9 years ago
You're spoiling us

Yet another high quality chapter. Please keep them coming!

Noble_TruthNoble_Truthover 9 years ago
Great story, Outstanding imagination.

Aside from your writing, which is much better than the average lit story, what I am truly appreciative of is your world building. Hearing small details, like orphans on asteroid colonies, makes me believe that this story you are fashioning for us is a true world, of which Liam is but a small part.

NT

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@Noble_Truth

Ah yes, the world-building.

It is for that SOLE reason that I have three rules I follow:

1. 90+% of the time, GOOD stories in the nonhuman and scifi/fantasy categories require the a greater effort on the author's part to write them than stories written for any other category, simply because good stories in these genres NEED backgrounds to be good stories.

2. 90% of the time, a story rated less than a 4.5* (after a decent number of votes -- I use at least 50) isn't going to be worth reading in these categories because it's either a niche story (very specific fetish/idea is central to the plot) or the story REALLY needs an editor, and I can't stand reading error-riddled writing -- from anyone.

*If the story is a part of a series, and later chapters tend to show a higher score, I'll give it a chance.

3. The more pages in the story, the better, GENERALLY SPEAKING. (There are exceptions to this one, but they seem to happen much less frequently than other types of exceptions.)

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
Fantastic

Best chapter yet, you had me cheering for them as they shifted from fighters to lovers. Not only do they have a different kind of love, but it is one that fits them both so very well!

Jason

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 9 years ago
Not here for the "sci-fi" aspects...but loving them!

Hi RipperFish,

I commented on an earlier chapter, but chapter 12 is my favorite so far. I'm not a Sci-Fi person and this is my first read in that genre. I'm very thankful that it is because if it had not been such a wonderfully written story that pulls the reader into the general story line and character play, I may have never continued to this point. I have one advantage on your previous readers...your story is now complete and I get to read it one continuous read. Ok, a little break to sleep a few hours last night.

Anyway, I am loving your writing ability, your storytelling ability, and your wonderful love/sex scenes. Very well done. I was surprised to read the warm, wonderful, full of mental, emotional, and physical desire, lust, and pure sex scenes that are so nicely placed throughout your story. But in general, I simply love your story as a whole.

I love this quote: "And in this life, the moment you have is all that you can expect."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Epic

That, was so freaking epic.

CourthouserancherCourthouserancherover 7 years ago
Just checking

So in page 1 of ch. 12, Liam and Tem leave the other two asleep and unguarded to go explore the prospective camp site?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@rancher I think that was one of the 'I skipped over some details',

mentioned at the beginning of the chapter. (That WAS this chapter, wasn't it?).

I noticed it, as well. Given how security conscious they had all been, I was surprised to see it. At least it wasn't used as a vehicle for an attack. The Sarge would have kicked his own ass 'tween his shoulder blades if there was an attack after he screwed up and left them without a watch.

It IS a serious deviation from character type, as defined by the author, and would/will need to be fixed before publishing.

From comments made by RipperFish, I would think it unlikely this story will ever get published, though.

RipperFishRipperFishover 7 years agoAuthor
Anon and Courthouserancher

After Tem`Ma`tel and Liam see the animal on the hillside they settle in to have some food and talk a bit.

"When the others are awake I want to reconnoiter that hill back over there," Liam said, pointing his fork at a rise half a kilometer away.

The important phrase where your observations are concerned is "When the others are awake..." Liam would never leave his companions vulnerable if it could in anyway be avoided.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bravo!

I think this works out to be a very fitting union of the two characters. It also works smoothly with the story line and feels very natural. Absolutely love it. I hope we'll have plenty of interpersonal development to come.

Seriously, this is good stuff. I think I might cry :'-}

DJ

phillipmichael2phillipmichael2almost 7 years ago
wow

that was a great chapter all of it could see it in my mind terrific writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Simply fantastic

One Storm after another, one of weather, the other passion. Both hurricanes in intensity :)

J

JAF1953JAF1953over 2 years ago

Now that was a love scene!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Super hot!

I can't put this down.

I can see this in the best seller section...

5+++ stars!

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

Incredibly hot and about bloody time too!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Talk about intense, that was just over the top. Loved it and still love the story but looking for the other shoe to drop. Things are going too good right now and there is still a lot of story left to tell. Another five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kind of a unique form of foreplay. I've enjoyed all of RipperFish's stories. I wish he would come back to writing.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca5 months ago

An absolutely beautiful tale. Been reading for hours, don’t want to stop but my eyes refuse to focus. Can’t wait for tomorrow, thank you so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This installment is one of my favorites. Very well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES