All Comments on 'Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 23'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 327 Comments (Page 2)
allan38allan38over 9 years ago
Yay

A superb story. Well done!

KayakbabeKayakbabeover 9 years ago
Wow... I hope you publish this. It's that good.

Seriously this is good. Only one jarring continuity error for me in the entire 23 chapters (added comment to that chapter). One of the best reads I've had on this site in a long time. Thank you.

Lit_ZombieLit_Zombieover 9 years ago
This is one of the few stories that I hope to see removed from the site.

Removed so it can be published.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 9 years ago
Thank you for sharing!

Ripperfish,

I'm so glad a friend of mine informed me about your writing and this lovely story. I enjoyed the flow of your story, the details you put into the story line, your creative skills in making the "worlds" and the "characters" so real and likable, and most of all your story telling abilities.

It was a joy to read from the beginning all the way through to the last word. "Upon a Savage Shore" was my first Sci-Fi story and I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks again!

I hope to see another writing of yours, hopefully in the not too distant future.

bumd11bumd11over 9 years ago

Wow. Just wow. I didn't leave comments on the earlier chapters because I was too busy racing to the next, but this is as good as anything I have read on this site (or anywhere else for some time, either). The story and the world building are impressive (oh, and the sex too), but this excels especially in its characters: rich, distinct, and compelling. One cannot help but love and root for them. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful gift of your writing and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thank you for the story

i love this kind of stories, most of them that i find are unfinished, so this was a real gem to find, thank you very much for the story hope 2 see more if you have the time 2 write.

QueijadaQueijadaabout 9 years ago
thank you for a wonderful story

I jus read the entirety of this story in one sitting. took me over 12 hours, but i'd say it was definitly a wonderful experience. I loved the characters, the scenery, the plot, the sex, everything was simply divine. I hope to read more from you in the future, and will definitly revisit this gem in the future.

kwkslvrkwkslvrabout 9 years ago
All at once

I also read this in one night and it kept me up til the wee hours. Fantastic, well thought out, beautifully written book. Very impressive. This would make a really good first book in a series about these species, both their differences and similarities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The best story

I don't normally leave comments, hence the anon heading, but as a lifelong reader of both erotica and scifi, I felt compelled to post. This is simply the best erotic scifi story I have ever read. Seems like it would also be a wonderful start for a novel story arc that I would definitely purchae. The characters are fully fleshed out with real feelings in a believable universe. For someone who, by your own admission, only writes part time, all I can say is that I look forward to your next posting. Please give me more. Thank you

dnjrusdnjrusabout 9 years ago
excellent story

excellent story read it in one sitting please sir i want more

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7about 9 years ago
Very Creative

Thank you for sharing this tail. An excellent mix of action, intrigue and perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really enjoyed the story

Freaky enjoyed the story

monkeybones420monkeybones420about 9 years ago
first stories i read on here .

Please continue .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Continue

i would love if you continued because this is one of the only stories in a while that has held my attention for this long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Damn Dude!

No follow up and no way to find you. That is really sucky. Really enjoyed this and want very much to find more of this quality. Since u r continuing to write will u pls throw us a bone. 😌

DARKNESS1120DARKNESS1120about 9 years ago
tried to hokd out on commenting until end well here it is:

AMAZING STORIES!!! I would pay 50$ a chapter if you published these and made a sequel. And of essence I have only a few things to say concerning my need or rather ADDICTION of these stories: MOAR MORE MOAR MORE MORE AND MOARMOAR. Though seriously I am extremely glad you finished this unlike Bowoodstock did with Kita'thalla which really sucks that he didn't finished but this story is one of the few stories I will read. I really only read them if they have cat humanoids. I know it is a strange and not to mention possibly creepy fetish. This is positivly one of the best stories I have ever read.

Darkness1120

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
ENCORE, ENCORE

One of the best SF stories I have read in a long time. Please do a sequel. Does not

have to be the same characters, maybe children or where a group of human women

are put in a like wise situation. You CAN really write!!

SaidstainedSaidstainedalmost 9 years ago
Lame

This concept and story is very epic, I love the character development and your writing style. Reading this caused me to be late going back to work off my lunch a couple times, and frankly it was totally worth it.

Rather lame to keep your other projects/writings a secret though, I would definitely enjoy reading more of your work. However, as much as I don't want to say it I can understand keeping this seperated from whatever else your working on.

Still lame though and I am just gonna keep pouting over it. Whether you continue this work or add another one onto this site I will keep checking back randomly. Hope to read more from you again.

ILiveToRead44ILiveToRead44almost 9 years ago
Very, very satisfying

5* for the whole story!

One of my favorite childhood stories is Swiss Family Robinson. I love the story line of being castaway, surviving, building, and thriving on an unsettled land. The addition of joining and creating a family is especially satisfying. I'm happy the sex revolved around affection and love and not just rutting.

Thank you for a great read! I wish for more, but I'm grateful for what you did provide. I also wish you much success in all your future projects.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Reread

I just read the series again. Just as compelling and engaging as the first time. I would love to have the chance to read a sequel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and vision.

bobosupremobobosupremoalmost 9 years ago
Epic!

Oh my goodness! I just completed a marathon read of all 23 chapters, completely ignoring everything I was supposed to be doing today! Definitely worth it! Thank you for sharing this with everyone!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
6/5

One of the best space age survival stories I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3rd time re-read

This was a truely excelent story. Read it 3 times now and still just as good. Thanks for posting it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
More Please . . .

What a great story !

And I don't mean just the last chapter.

I couldn't stop reading it !

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Do you have any other tales to tell ?

sithonsithonalmost 9 years ago
Great story.

Could easily be published by a standard sci fi publisher.

You should submit it,or at least package it up as an EBook.

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great tale!

A fine mix of life and interaction of diverse cultures and creatures!

WELL DONE!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
anon

very mysterious of you....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Outstanding!

I litterally read this whole series in one night. It's now 0457 and I've been up all night! If you're not all ready published then there is no justiced in the world. I have paid for stories that weren't half as good.

Drachengraff

OmniferisOmniferisalmost 9 years ago
Outstanding

If you do come back I think a good idea to do is using the root vegies that Liam likes has some sort of inzime or marker in them that lets him have children with his 3 mates.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
It's over? Noooo!!!!!!!

No no no.....it can't be over....you MUST write more or your fans will have to hunt you down and hurt you until you write more about these marvelous characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Much appreciated!

Damn good story, thanks for putting in the effort

MsQueen713MsQueen713over 8 years ago
Amazing

I love this story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well done

This was very well put together and paced. I can honestly say I'm very glad to have read it after you finished writing it otherwise I would have gone nuts waiting for new chapters. Once again a great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well Done!

A good read. I especially enjoyed the lines from Aliens and Hunt For Red October. I hope you keep writing, but if not, thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

I spend my spare time scouring the Internet for stories like these and this has to be among the best that I have ever had the privilege of reading. I hope to see more works like this in the future from you. I hope to see a possible return to these characters in the future, but if not then this is an excellent place to end an amazing story. Keep up the good work and good luck with your future stories.

SnowRevolSnowRevolover 8 years ago
Wishes

Great Story and Love that you actualy took the Time to Develop the characters and tell a Story, while still keeping it a bit to Sexy for Casual Conversation lol. Just wish you would give us a Hint on Other Places to Read more of your Work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Masterful Novel

The story was very well written and both interesting. It was difficult to put down as I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3rd time

this is the 3rd time I have read this and it is still as enjoyable as the 1st time I read it.

Now I will have to go read the other story that someone thought you used as a basest for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sequel?

Have you considered making a sequel in this setting? Say, a war story about a joint Vespan, Human, and jZav'Etch strike group fighting the octopus-things? Or dealing with Carter's house some time after their colony has been established?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Write More Stories Please

You gotta write more stories. This is the second or third time I have read this. It's a good read, fast paced and interesting.

This comment is about all 23 chapters, not just the last one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep it Up!

I found you through Lein Gellers Favs. Was a Very good read.. Hope you keep writing! gofishsteve@msn.com

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Great Story!

I usually don't do scifi stories but am I glad I did this one. A fantastic writer, a fantastic story and a satisfied reader. Once I started, I couldn't stop reading. Thank You for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
should have

published this as an E.book

but then i guess you would have been forced into a series of books revolving around the characters or the civilisations you have created.

...

i have paid good money for Real paper books of 400 to 500 pages

that were less interesting & not as well written as this story

.

thankyou for sharing this with us for free

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Glorious

This has been one of the best reads that I've found. Thank you!

kyoshiro1500kyoshiro1500over 8 years ago
Wonderful

I wish you would have kept this going it quickly became one of my favorite stories on this site I couldn't put it down no matter where I was I found my self thinking about what was going to happen next I finished all 23 chapters in two days not something I would normally do if you have any more like this I would love to read them

VisualPervVisualPervabout 8 years ago
I'm sorry

... but your letter of resignation has been rejected. These characters, and this universe, are /far/ too good to abandon. This was an outstanding series. Thanks!

Now, please return to your typewriter.

AlberothAlberothabout 8 years ago
Brilliant...

Thank you for a fantastic story. It has kept me riveted and enthralled. If you don't want to revisit these particular characters, then maybe write a series of stories about the future members of their adopted family and their path to greatness on both the human and jZav'etch worlds.

Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
great story really liked it all

That's great .pls keep writing such stories .really loved the plot .:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well Done!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us...really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lost track...

of how many times I have read this...still a great read. I class this as a world class professional work of art - thanks for your time and talent

SnowRevolSnowRevolabout 8 years ago
Still Re-Reading

Wish you were still around and Writing, this was a Great Series, and much might have been done with its Realm. Still Re-Read it every few months because its just a good Story that keeps you Moving :)

DrbicDrbicabout 8 years ago
Great Story

My thanks for this wonderful story and its concepts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Confused

Why would you hide your other projects? It does not make sense to me. Why would such an amazing author hide their work from fans? I would love to read more from you. To see such amazing talent hidden is depressing.

Paul_MallPaul_Mallabout 8 years ago
Stellar!

pure genius. what an amazing series!

One of the best on Lit by far.

thank you so much for this.

i can't wait to read your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I've probably read and reread this story 6 times since it finally finished. By far one of the best stories on literotica, thank you so much for writing such a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

this is one story that i did not want to see end

carpassioncarpassionalmost 8 years ago
Greatness

Many thanks for not abandoning this series. Too many here go unfinished, even though they have greatness in them, and for that i applaud you. It is a shame your other works remain hidden from us. I know i wluld love to read more of your work. Regardless, my thanks to you for this great story! Cheers.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 8 years ago
Outstanding!

Was about to read this fine adventure yet again when I noticed your bio was updated. I will be keeping an eye out for your new story. Welcome back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great story

I loved your story, excellent writing! This story is the kind of gem that I hope to find every time I start a story. But unfortunately like gems they are a rare commodity. Thank you for writing it and for finishing the story, too often I see story lines falter or stop with no ending.

My only request is that you make more like this, I will eagerly do a regular check of your account to see if you create any more.

If I could give you more than 5 stars I would.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I'm glad this story had a proper ending, unlike so many others on this site, but at the same time, I'm deeply saddened that it had to come to an end. Thank you for an absolutely amazing tale.

shade_waynEshade_waynEalmost 8 years ago
One of the best.

This is a great story. The ending was wonderful. Loved the fact that you didn't kill one of the wives to make it mord dramatic. This lesson should be learnt by some other writers :D

Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
excellent storie

The storie kept me interested and had a good flow, pleasently surprising, very good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Why!?

Why would I not say. Where ur other stories r? Ur a great author I would like to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Damn it all!!!!

I told myself I wasn't going to cry when this great story comes to its end but now that it's here.....*silently Cry's*...what shall I do now in my free time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
SAD

HI I have so enjoyed reading this story but i am sad that it had to end i spent a many afternoon reading it

thanks for all the joy that it has brought to me

ancel wheeler

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 8 years ago
Well, Damn it all to Hell...

Now I'm stuck with another story that I'm just going to have to read time and time again....

An excellent story... Well worth the time of reading... too bad someone couldn't study the biological tech of the Octopi and, using it, discover a way the races could cross-breed...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
2 years...

on now and this is still one of the best I've ever read in several decades - thanks!

SLang69SLang69over 7 years ago
Top Ten!

Easily one of my top ten stories on Literotica. Great Job!

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 7 years ago
Serious question

On their space ship, did the cat women use a toilet or a litter box?

JK.

Hot wild animal sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Absolutely fantastic read!

Great story, had me up till 4 in the morning reading several times, so damn good! Keep writing mate, youll go far!

Inevitable_Inevitable_over 7 years ago
Exceptional Story

Absolutely brilliant, looking forward to reading your next one when it's finished

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallover 7 years ago
Brilliant story

I really enjoyed this story and the world you built. The characters and difficulties they faced were described far better than many of this genre. The story drew me in and I could imagine the landscape and weird animals that inhabited it.

The only issue is a nerdy one! I could not understand how a race that lived under water would be able to evolve to the extent that they were able to build electrical circuits etc as they would require a dry environment! Despite this I really enjoyed the story as I did the film 'The Martian' which was equally improbable. I am really looking forward to your next book.

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Some stories make unbelievable jumps in the story line that make you think, "Yeah, that's a little out there, even for fiction." Your story, however, had a natural and believable flow. As a bonus, all the characters were genuinely likable! (Of course, Liam is my favorite. What I wouldn't give for a real life version. *rawr*) Keep up the good work!

mrChristianmrChristianover 7 years ago
wow!!!!!

I stayed home from work today to read your story. I must say you are a very talented writer and a visionary in the field of sci-fi and fantasy. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
completely

loved your story please keep writing. iwill look forword to finding more of your works.

paps

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
awwww

it ended...

sad panda

danoctoberdanoctoberover 7 years ago
23 Chapters.....23 - 5 STARS ratings!!!!

Master of the "Cliff hangers", I salute you! Mind blowing Sci-Fi story telling. A true wordsmith drawing the reader into multiple characters and creating total empathy for each of their feelings. You are an artist of extraordinary talent. Thank for sharing it.

glyphistglyphistover 7 years ago
Impressive

I think this is one of the most well crafted stories I have found on this site. I grew up reading Sci Fi and have an extensive book collection (paperback of course!) and would happily add this to it. Well done.

Jjdoesit1Jjdoesit1over 7 years ago
Impressed

I have waited until finishing this saga to comment..... Your character development was great, creating folks that I became invested with. Each installment built upon the baseline premise. Characters who lived in my imagination just as much as any writer could produce.

toxicator1toxicator1over 7 years ago
Beautiful

This is the most extraordinary story I have ever had the pleasure to have read. This story has even surpassed Lord of the Rings as my favorite story. Every element was master crafted. The characters have made me fall in love with them and I wish that I will see this adapted into a graphic novel or comic someday. Finishing this story has brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.

manlycheemanlycheeover 7 years ago
excellent

really enjoyed this story. well written and focused on the characters and expanding plots. fast paced :)

definitely recommended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Positive integration

Well crafted and enjoyed the characters and multiple species. Thank you for writing and sharing.

DreadlokDreadlokover 7 years ago
A great read

Overall a VERY good SciFi story. Please consider additional story lines in this universe. Caught a few grammatical mistakes along the way but the flow of the story, the layout of the story line was great! In the future if you need help with editing, especially auditing the verbiage syntax I would be glad to help. (Grin) especially if it gets me a chance to read more of your excellent stories early.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoyment

Your story was very well written and your characters were excellent will love to see you doing some more in this field hope you do another story

Paps

magikman233magikman233over 7 years ago
damned good

i am mildly disappointed there wasn't some kind of genetic engineering done so his mates could get pregnant but who knows what future stories hold,you did say that the aliens they were fighting had advanced biological tech.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 7 years ago

A masterpiece. I agree with previous commenters and the author that this would not adapt well to cinema. However, it would make a superb graphic novel. If I could draw, I would even now be seeking the author's permission to adapt this story as a serial webcomic or the like.

As it is, I can only offer my highest praises and then see what else he's posted. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
once again...

(I've lost track of how many times) I have thoroughly enjoyed this thrilling tale - can't thank you enough for your time and talent!!

drmoo2udrmoo2uover 7 years ago
11 stars out of 10 ...

An excellent story, great characters, very good premise ... awaiting more stories from you !!!

ShKiPShKiPover 7 years ago
Kudos

I cannot remember how many times I have read this story over from beginning to end. It is a superb tale with characters you just can relate to. Kudos for your exemplary work and thank you.

Ramjet75Ramjet75over 7 years ago
Totally Agree with the others

Your story is excellent and well rounded. I look forward to more of your stories. And Yes, I too have read it more than once. Stories this good are rare.

Please consider revisiting this universe, You have made a good start on it.

DomdomainDomdomainover 7 years ago
Out-Frickin-Standing!!!

I waited to comment until the end of this imaginative tale. Really great work, should be published, I'd pay for a hardcover. Liked the characters, the imagery was quite good without being overly wordy. Really impressive piece of work!

D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Rolling in catnip

Thanks, RipperFish—I didn't get anything sensible done yesterday while I was binge-reading this story. :)

I do like some of the get-quickly-to-the-action stories here in Literotica, too, but these longer ones with good plots and interesting characters are the reason that keep me coming back. There are a few authors that I follow regularly and you just made on that list. ;)

I'm really happy I stumbled upon this story and even happier that you've decided to write some more. Hopefully you will find the time to finish the other stories brewing inside your head and let us enjoy the results.

Thanks again.

-R.

Tuzolto54Tuzolto54about 7 years ago
Best I have read.

Outstanding, RipperFish. I hope you post more in this vain, and would enjoy reading more about these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sleepless

Good enough story to make me stay up and finish it. Hope to see this as a comic someday.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please get this published if it hasn't been already

Seriously, as an avid sci-fi fan, this is on par with just about any other novel I've read. Took me all day, but I finished. Damn this is well written. I know it was posted several years ago, but if you still check your comments, please find a way to get a publisher to see this. They might want some more fleshing out, but from what I've seen not only would that not be difficult for you, but would make this incredible story even better. I loved how the sex was simply a very natural addition to the story as opposed to merely gratuitous. Like a good chili pepper, it added spice without overwhelming the dish. And yet without it, the story wouldn't have been complete. Thank you for delivering such a high quality product. I haven't read anything even remotely as enjoyable as this in a long time. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
TWO REALLY ENJOYABLE READS!

I started with your first and read thru both storys. Both were well written and kept the readers interest. Anxiously awaiting your next offering. Hurry up, dang it !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

When I finally get a dog his name is going to be Rover.

ThepornwriterThepornwriterabout 7 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the Great story. Good to see one that goes to the finish. Of course it could continue!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great...however...

I won't reiterate what the other 198 comments have said about how great the story is, as I think that point has already been clearly made. :)

I just wanted to comment here that the epilogue made no sense to me. Assuming that the CP had picked up on the pod's distress signal all those months ago, neither the CP nor the jZav'Etch could have any way of knowing who (if anyone) had survived up until now. Nor could they know, even if they assumed there were survivors, if they had not gone crazy from being isolated, or become savages (a la Lord of the Flies), or any of a myriad of other possibilities. Yet "as part of the treaty" they had, sight-unseen, given him both a high governmental position as well as a high military rank, as well as provided them with children and all the other things? Really stretching the credulity and suspension of disbelief.

"Before the armistice was signed, we recovered six parties like yours."

"Twenty-two other groups of castaways like yours have been rescued or contacted by us since the armistice was signed last month."

So if they had only rescued 6 other parties of mixed human and jZav'Etch, why or how would they even consider or hope that he in particular was still alive? And what would make a lone CP sergeant more important than the other 22 CP males that had been found/rescued? Lastly, why would any government sign a treaty that included provisions for a CP sergeant that they hadn't even found yet?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic read

Thank you for taking the time to write this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories