All Comments on 'Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 23'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 326 Comments
gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Well Done

Ripper, you wrote an excellent series. I enjoyed the entire story from start to finish. Great job and Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you!

Excellent finish: a little abrupt, but still nice.

If you write nothing else here, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

Thank you for a great story. I enjoyed your work very much. I truly loved this series and looked forward to each new chapter. I don't usually comment, but had to commend you for all your good work. Thank you for taking your time to give us a complete story even if I hate to see it end. Take care. I hope to see you continue writing here. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story!

I'm sad to see it done and over as I enjoyed it so much, but such is the way of life. I hope you do continue to write more here on literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Really enjoyed this!!!! I know that in the future I will be rereading it at least once or twice. Thank you again for great writing and keep up the great work !!!! Looking forward to see more great work from you , although I don't know how or if it is possible to improve over what you have already written !!!!! Thank you again for a great story!!!!!!

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
A Most Remarkable Story...

Thank you for a most remarkable story. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading every chapter and it was easy to see the time and effort you devoted to this series. Like everyone else I hope we'll see more stories from you some time in the future. Upon A Savage Shore sets a new standard of stories in Lit. Thank you RipperFish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Purrrrr

Consuming reading, thank you for the sharing the gift of your storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Happy but sad as well

Happy to see the end of a great story and sad for the same reason. I really hope you will write many more. But even if you dont, thanks you for sharing this with us. May your pen never run out of ink!

parthenogenesisparthenogenesisover 9 years ago
Excellent story

This was truly an excellent story. Great characters; good plot; good work on the species, their customs, and their languages.

Now, please, go to the dictionary and look up lie (intransitive) and lay (transitive). People lie down. They lay stuff on the ground.

Really appreciate your writing.

parthenogenesis

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Story ends

Great job on one of the best stories Ive read here. Have to say Im very sad it had to end. Hope you get a chance to write something else and post it.

cittrancittranover 9 years ago
Q_Q

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Y U NO RITE MOAR?!

I'm kidding.

But only sorta.

Excellent series, sad it's over, and I wish you the best of luck IRL.

computermadcomputermadover 9 years ago
One of the best scifi stories i have read in a long long time.

One of the best scifi stories i have read in a long long time. It had all the ingredients a good story should have. I shall miss that there will be no more chapters to read and hope that one day you will return to add more books to this story.

Minnesota61Minnesota61over 9 years ago
sad

that this is the last chapter. Thanks for the great story, easily one of the best I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
confused

im not exactly sure you don't want some of your fans to follow your work elsewere seems a bit depressing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank You!

Thank you for writing a wonderful story.

I've enjoyed reading it from the beginning until the latest chapter.

Be assured I'll be looking for the next adventures.

packanimalspackanimalsover 9 years ago
Very Good

Sorry to see it end. Hope that you come back to this world sometime. Also will keep watch for any more that you might do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
...and we have a winner!

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
love it

This is one of the best stories I have read on this site in a long time. Loved it I give it a ten and two thumbs up. I hope to see more from you. Thank you for sharing such a great story, you are a great storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

A wonderful tale! Enjoyed every episode,

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Will be missed....

Enjoyed it thoroughly and will miss having a new chapter to look forward too.

KorotKorotover 9 years ago
Thank you!

The best story I have read here and the equal of some of the best commercial science fiction I have read.

I hope you publish more stories.

Thank you very much.

EdwarusEdwarusover 9 years ago
Thanks

I loves this story and if you are writing more stories of a sci if or fantasy nature I would love to read them even buy probably

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4628

Hate to see this story end

Great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Great story, really sad to see it end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

A well written, fun story to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The End?

Thank you so much for writing this story. I do hope you will change your mind, I would like some updates on them. Thanks again!

lagomilolagomiloover 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for your time and for completing this story. You have no idea how happy I am that you completed this. Love it!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One of very few

This is an amazing story and one of the very flew that actually got finished and ended satisfactorily. Thanks for your time and dedication! You have a very great story telling mind, I hope you continue I'm with other stories or dabble in other genres too if you're ever inclined. We'll be waiting for your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks

Great story. Like all good stories, I am disappointed to have it end but it is a good ending. I sincerely hope you bring another story to this site.

George

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 9 years ago
Hate to see it end.

Your story has been a treat on this site.....I find fewer and fewer stories here that I enjoy, so I looked forward to each new chapter. Best of luck on your future writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Read

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your work here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

I have enjoyed reading your story. I am sorry I may not be able to read others. Best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Story

I very much enjoyed reading your story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank You

Your story has been one of the treasures I've found on this site. I hope you decide to continue posting here, whether you continue with this universe and characters, or not. Good stories are far harder to find than one would wish, and authors able to create them are even more rare.

Thank you for this gem, and best of luck wherever you decide to post further stories.

dinkymacdinkymacover 9 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing.

DarkPulseDarkPulseover 9 years ago
A fine story

And finished in a fine manner. Fantastic job.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Great story

Thank you for sharing this story, I'm a little sad ( OK a lot) but I understand your decision about finishing this story and not continuing . Best wishes and hope you will reconsider your decision .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent story

I've read every chapter on the first day it's come out. Great job and I hope you continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yup

That was a good ending, I am happy with it.

HamanoHamanoover 9 years ago
Thanks

A bittersweet, heartfelt thank you for all your efforts and it's execution in this fine story. The imagery and character development are so engaging, it is small wonder your audience cries for more. Alas, real life is demanding and I wish you well on all your future endeavors and especially if they involve your writing. Fair winds and following seas.

sexydad50sexydad50over 9 years ago
Very well done story!

This is a well written story. Not just a sex tale ( by the way the sex was very well done) but a readable multi chapter story. Sci Fi was exciting and the amount of imagination was very respectable.

I do hope that this is not your last contribution to Literotica.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great ScFi Story

This is one of the very best ScFi stories on this site. It was the perfect mixture of action, adventure, and yes sex. I do hope you will share more of your work with us in the future. Thanks for a really wonderful read. It has been fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
pubishing

You should have this story published because I bet you would have a best seller on your hands.

PaksdmPaksdmover 9 years ago
wondrous & WWTT

I agree - this should be published - if for no other reason than to get it exposed to a greater audience. wwtt = Well Worth The Time

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great fun

Thanks, great ideas.

JphlandJphlandover 9 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for sharing your imagination with us all! I can't wait for your next story to come out!

Ebronco1968Ebronco1968over 9 years ago
There's a tear in my beer :(

One of the best stories on Lit! I do hope you will revisit this at a later date. All good things must come to an end,,, but why?? /cry :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Outstanding!!!

Perfect story. Thank you for finishing it and allowing me to reader this wonderful story. However if you were to write other stories such as this, I would hope you would inform your readers :)

tech67217tech67217over 9 years ago
You suck!!!!

I refuse to believe that this is the last we will hear from this family!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done

I (as would many) be most interested in what you would post here again. But thanks for a good run.

Kaleb_BartlettKaleb_Bartlettover 9 years ago
Loved it!

I loved every chapter of this story, and am sad to see it end, but also glad i was able to read it. I really hope you do make another story with these characters, or in this universe, as I'm sure it would be a joy to read.

I am however, confused as to why you wouldn't want people to follow your writing in other places. I know that I for one would love to read anything you make. I just hope you reconsider and let us know.

Thank you for letting us see into your imagination, it was a wonderful experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story!

Great story! Once again, I urge you to consider recasting it as a TV show or as a book. It would be great and your characters would live on. Thanks for a marvelous series. One of the all-time best on this or any other site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

thanks for a great story

sailandoarsailandoarover 9 years ago
Who . . . .

. . . . was that masked writer ? . . . . . . Most most most wonderful job and nice cryptic touch at the end. Be well, Do good work, and Keep in touch.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Great story

Sad to see it end. Have been haunting Lit to catch the new chapters as they were posted.

Three epilogues? Like Inigo Montoya told Vizzini, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." (Classic movie!) Of course, typos and slips happen and I'm certainly guilty of that.

However, your unwillingness to post where you have other fiction? Others have gotten their break on here and are beginning to make sales on Amazon, and I am happy for them. When I can, I support them by buying their work elsewhere as I become aware of it. One day I hope to be one of them. That said, erotic fiction is a legitimate genre, and there are some outstanding stories here. That you made sure to tell us you are now done slumming here was unkind and totally unnecessary. I wish you success but I also wish you compassion.

AmmononAmmononover 9 years ago
Thank you

I am very glad you finished this story. It was great. I hope if you do not write a sequal you do something more with this universe. Thank you for taking the time to create something we could share in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank You!!!

You're an excellent writer and this story clearly reflects that fact. I do hope you post here again or see fit to drop a hint or two as to where your other stories can be found.

Reading this story has been a pleasure.

Thank you again.

Gnash58Gnash58over 9 years ago
An Excellent Read

This has been one of the best series I've read on this site. Hopefully, you will have a chance to post more stories here in the future.

clwnslyrclwnslyrover 9 years ago
great

A great end to a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope to see more from you in the future.

Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
SAY WHAT???????

In the name of all like Asimov, Clark, Norton, McCHAPHERY (sp)----MORE; MORE; MORE............ Where are other stories you have written????????????

engineer002engineer002over 9 years ago
A keeper

one of thoes books you just cannot put down. Captured my imagination to the point were i was checking daily for the next part.

Thank you for sharing this most excellent adventure.

TenouTenouover 9 years ago
Just to explain how good is this story

As I wipe off a tear from my face, I get ready to read it from the beginning in one go

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Terriffic story

Terrific story. Very enjoyable, addicting and well done. Thanks for your effort. Cowboy100.

User_029User_029over 9 years ago
Loved it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story thanks for sharing it with us. Hopefully this is not your last one.

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

Eh? Why wouldn't you wanna tell us where your other stories are? And if that's really the case, why even mention it here at all? That whole cryptic remark at the end was a real douchey thing to do mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Thank you for a most excellent story and was a very enjoyable read for me. What made it nicer was the lack of glitches and spelling errors. I hope to see more of your work here and maybe even some continuation of this story.

Again Thank you for your time and work on this.

observer7observer7over 9 years ago
Agreed

You had the choice to simply not say you are posting at other sites. You also have the right and freedom to not answer any question you are asked. People can ask, you are not obligated to say. How you went about it implies either you WANT people to prod you for info they now know is out there (thanks to you), or you are trying to tell everyone NOT to be curious or bother you with reasonable questions...don't know people well? Ergo, it was douchey. Next time, consider "more is less" or "I am free to say nothing." It will help your self-made irritation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It was still a great story

Interesting way to tell your readers how little you care about them. This story got all fives until I read your parting comment. This time I didn't vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GOOD STORY

I enjoyed the story. Would like to see a follow up down the road. You tell an interesting

tale/s. Like Star Treks Humans and Vulcans need to have some interbred progeny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good!

A good end to a good story. I do like the way you have left an opening for a sequel to Upon A Savage Shore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please write more for this site

Your writing is exceptionally good. The fact that you actually have more plot than sex is perfect. It makes reading your submissions much more enjoyable than those that are primarily repetitive descriptions of sex. I am an old fan of sci-fi and yours is very good, reminiscent of Andre Norton's early novels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
please

do not give up on this story line.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
This is one of the best series on this site.

I've been a fan since ch 1 and wish to thank the author for a very pleasurable read.

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

LeFrog

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dont stop now please !!

I will have to agree with everyone else here, please continue the story, about the Sar'Jant household, make it an epic saga.

Cheers and thank you for the previous chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Water in space ships would allow huge accelerations.

But, it would also short out the control panels.

I have imagined that we could/would provide water filled battle stations to allow the huge accelerations without hurting the crew, because the water would provide buoyancy and all-over pressure to counteract the pseudo gravity.

I'm pretty sure this would work.

At "night" as most of the crew sleeps the engines could be turned up to add the speed to make long distances take less time. Not good enough for interstellar travel but it would help with inter planetary travel.

The "enemy" would have this advantage automatically.

bibble36bibble36over 9 years ago
Bravo

Epic, Epic, Epic. Nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a way to end a great series.

Why tell people you're going to keep writing, but that they'll never ever get to see it? I would have preferred you lie and say you were never going to write again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
.. Excellent work. My compliments.

Fascinating story. I enjoyed every bit of it and you showed a talent for detail but not too much. Thank you for your efforts and I hope to read more from you. Kudos!

bitbucket1bitbucket1over 9 years ago
Thanks

Oneida the best stories on this site. Thanks again and of course would live to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
worthy of a sequel

Worthy of a sequel!

elspethsheynaelspethsheynaover 9 years ago

If any story is deserving of a sequel it's this one. I've waited on the edge of my seat for every update and even though i'm happy you've finished I find myself disappointed that you are done. Will watch to see if you write anything else thank you for a great well written tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A GREAT STORY

I'm sorry to see this is the end of a really great story and I would very much see more of your writings. Please reconsider your statement about posting more stories here or at least tell us where else you publish - PLEASE.

To say it again, this is one of the very best stories i saw in a long time, thank you.

BleedingShadowsBleedingShadowsover 9 years ago
so good

I am a bit sad that it has to end but i really liked the way you ended it you tied everything up nicely

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stop and Read

This series is amazing if u decide to create a sequel it will the most read series out there. By the way this is my favorite series.😋

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Story

Good Story,

Want to see the comic book...

justicebladejusticebladeover 9 years ago
Oh how I wished it was not done so soon?

Thank you Ripper Fish for the wonderful tale.

It was a mesmerizing read and I am happy as well as sad to see this end.

I would have loved to see general carter take the fight to the water people and what not.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And so the story ends.

One of the marks of a good story-teller is knowing enough to stop when you reach the end; I feel this is the right place to end the story of Household Sar'Jant. I would very much like to read of the Vespans and whatever other races make up the Conglomerated Planets, though, especially if you tell their stories as well as you told this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The story was good but the ending was...

Why would the government's make him a general? He played survivor on an island and ended up with 3 hot chicks. How does that warrant that title? Plus that comment at the end was really messed up. You don't want potential fans to buy and read your work? Obviously your answer is yes, but why did you say that at all? You could have just said nothing or this will be my last posting and left it at that.

NW_bi_boyNW_bi_boyover 9 years ago
Fun to read

I've gotten cynical about rating and leaving comments until the (multi-part) story is finished. So many go unfinished and it's nice to have read this one from beginning to end in a few sittings!

It was fun. Some who like to post anonymously believe that fiction has to or should be "realistic" and what might actually happen... lmfao. This world doesn't exist, the characters don't exist and the actions the government took... yup don't exist. It's for FUN. Clearly some would be better off reading documentaries.

I liked your characters. I liked the way they were individuals, unlike some people writing on this site where everyone is kind of a reflection of the authors one idea. The plot was fun and engaging. And, yes i'm a sucker for a good ending so i'm glad it all just worked out. I read for enjoyment and this was enjoyable!

Good job and I hope you post something else here. I've gone back and rated you 5 stars on all installments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Genius

Absolutely brilliant story. You should sell them if others are this good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aitch'em says:

I think I am mainly known for my criticism (those who can, do - those who can't, criticise). In your case however there is nothing to be critical about. I found your story very well written and the plot superb with a tongue-in-cheek approach to sex. As an ardent fan of Science Fiction I rank your work somewhere near Robert Heinlein or Poul Anderson. Please more! Kudos!

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
F'ing Outstanding

This is a work of art. Please feel free to publish stories such as this and I will happily pay for them

Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent !!

I agree with whomever it was that said it would make a great movie. It has all the right ingredients: it is engaging, humerous and interesting in its exploration of cultural differences. Absolutely loved it. More please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Read the lot in a one-r started at 9.00pm now finished at 3.40am. Thoroughly enjoyed the story. Excellent

oldpoet451oldpoet451over 9 years ago
Began at the end will now go back to the beginning

Excellent ending, now I have to go back and read the whole story, but if the rest is like the final chapter I know I'll be very entertained!

Kerry312Kerry312over 9 years ago
Lmfao

Got in on my fav list keep re reading it fucking grat storie

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
What a blast!

I do hope you leave it here, the story stands brilliantly as it is and ends with both satisfying conclusions and joyous possibilities - what more can a story offer at it's finish?

I need not repeat any of my long list of praises, they all apply.

I will repeat my thanks for sharing your time and talent, and wish you the merriest of Christmases.

Jason

BeardsmithBeardsmithover 9 years ago

All right, managed to finish this last night but was too tired to write this up. Loved the story. It had the ability to grab me and drag my attention to it like so few do nowadays. I wanted to read it all in one go but couldn't spare the time right now (holiday season and all that) but I did find myself busting out my cell on breaks at work to sneak another page or two while I can.

I really liked how the characters developed, it felt organic to me, which is another thing that I didn't expect to find. The sex scenes were tastefully done and sprinkled in at points that were appropriate as well as sensible too. Entire chapters passing without sex scenes didn't bother me at all. If anything, it went by too quickly.

I wish that I could read more of your writing, so I will have to keep my eyes peeled and wait for new stories to appear in the future. Till then, cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Warhammer 40K

I kinda want to write a Warhammer 40K crossover of this...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
2518 Followers
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories