Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RipperFish
RipperFish
2,518 Followers

"Mary Wyda?" Lieutenant Walker wondered.

"For my wives," Liam said offhand. "They've been pestering me about... things."

"What is this Mary Wyda?" Mem'et'Khal asked.

"It's... um... Hard to explain," Walker said, a little uncomfortably, wondering if the well-known company would make lingerie in sizes that would fit jZav'Etch. "I'll show you when we get back to the ship."

"I also want..." Liam was adding, but Walker cut him off.

"General, we'll supply you with whatever you need," he said. "We'll make a list. Whatever you want. I'm sure we can handle it."

***********

Epilogue

"So, how did you get the natives to join your group?" Walker asked. He and Liam had moved to the southwestern platform and were looking out over the valleys. Far below, the rise where the High Grass folk had built their kraal was empty, awaiting their seasonal return. On the hill where Liam had met Seschiqal and the white staff had been set, a large jZav'etch shuttle had just landed.

"After the attack on the enemy scout ship, the nomads rebuilt their village and had funerals for their dead," Liam told him. "But Stolkchiq and Ssuqlik, the young couple, stayed on with us when the tribe went to their winter camp. She couldn't walk right and I think he felt he owed us something for helping her. Sscuha and her son, Chhal, were planning to stay with us until Chhal was old enough to have a hut of his own."

"Interesting," Walker mused. He was impressed that General Carter could pronounce the natives' names. "You're the only one that has gotten the locals to do more than trade goods. You even learned their language. That's impressive."

"They learned English, too, but we can't really speak each other's languages," Liam said. "We just learned to understand what sounds mean. It's not exactly easy. What's with the new shuttle?"

"It has to do with part of the treaty, Governor," Walker told him with a knowing smile.

Both men turned at the sound of running feet coming up the ramp. All three jZav'Etch females swarmed onto the platform and to the wall to look out into the valley. They were followed by the four Fauns and bringing up the rear was Captain Mem'et'Khal with a pleased smile on his face, his long tail flicking in amusement.

"What's going on?" Liam asked.

"Look, Liam!" Clot'ilda said, yanking on his arm as if she were trying to dislocate it.

Liam looked to where she was pointing and squinted in confusion. A party of jZav'Etch and Humans were coming down the shuttle's ramp leading several small figures.

"Children!" Clot'ilda cried happily. "Children, Liam!"

"Is it not wonderful, my husband?" M'pel E'kmel said, smiling broadly.

"Children," purred Tem'Ma'tel.

"What..." Liam said, confused.

"A Household cannot be a Household without children, or at least the possibility of children, General," Mem'et'Khal chuckled.

"Part of the treaty expressly states that your Household must have children to be recognized by the jZav'Etch," Walker explained. "We can't interbreed. Our biology isn't compatible. This is the solution."

"Who are they?" asked Liam with growing comprehension.

"War orphans," Mem'et'Khal said. "The jZav'Etch are all from the colonies overrun by the enemy. They have no close relatives among our people."

"The Humans are from all over the place," Walker told Liam. "Mining colonies and frontier worlds, mostly. All of them have been screened psychologically for life on planets like this. They'll do fine with you."

"But..." Liam began.

"Our children," Clot'ilda said, pulling on his arm again. "Our children, Liam."

"But..." Liam said again.

"We can raise them," Tem'Ma'tel said with a confident grin. "They will grow up to be strong and brave."

"But..."

"Sergeant," M'pel E'kmel cut him off. "You will make a fine father. We three will see to the rest. And, I might add, we will all three continue trying to make our own babies. If anyone can accomplish that, I'm sure it is you."

The look in his wives' sparkling eyes told Liam he would be very happy for the foreseeable future.

The End

End Note: I want to again thank everyone who left comments or sent messages. For the most part, they were encouraging and fun to read.

This is the last chapter of this story and I do not currently have plans to revisit these characters. However, I try to never say never again when it comes to storytelling. I have several projects that need to be seen to and there are many things that occupy my time. This may be the only story I post on this site. Please do not ask if I am writing elsewhere. You may safely assume I am. I will not disclose where my other stories are. RipperFish is the pen name I use here and nowhere else.

So long for now.

RipperFish
RipperFish
2,518 Followers