All Comments on 'Valerie - A Deep and Dark December'

by estragon

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
dweaver999dweaver999over 13 years ago

This is a lovely story and I am honored to include it as an official part of the Valerie Universe.

estragonestragonover 13 years agoAuthor
Master, I am Overwhelmed

Your praise has made my year! Please accept my very best thanks, and homage to one of the all-time greats!!

LunanulLunanulover 13 years ago
a very well written education

Even though, sadly, I know nothing about the fan universe from whence your characters come, I very much enjoyed the story.

The education part comes from the fact that this is my maiden voyage into the particular fetish you mention; which I have to say is very tastefully and thoroughly explained. I am grateful because I am open to learning about everything I can without prior judgment of any kind.

And, although slightly unrelated, I have discovered that we have something great in common. Music. Even though I am younger than you, good music from any era is a great passion of mine. I love Simon and Garfunkel.

And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I'm not sure

about the Charles, although I love his education. He's demonstrated an elite past throughout the series. I was very surprised at an inconsistency between Harve and Harv. Obviously Harve is Harv's stunt double. The humor is pure estragon and great fun. And you can differentiate between"form" and "from!" A fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Huh?

Why have you made Charles such a dipshit? That's not Charles at all.

estragonestragonabout 13 years agoAuthor
As You Do Not Define the Term "Dipshit"

I cannot very well reply. If you mean that I take Master Charles Vanquil to be a complex personality with more compassion and decency than you, then the simple answer is that I am a better writer than you. In proof of which statement, anonymous, as I cannot sample your writing otherwise than by your comment, which is imprecise at best and brainless at worst, I must reach the aforesaid conclusion for want of any substantial contrary evidence proffered by you. Finally, I can only reply that Grand Master dweaver999, Charles' creator and a writer so much better than you or I that comparison is laughable, has welcomed my story into the canon, and did me the great honor of reading and commenting on it. So, in summary, I most respectfully and politely decline to treat your comment otherwise than with disdain. In short, STFU!

DryhillDryhillabout 13 years ago
A FEW COMENTS

Firstly let me say if Master dweaver999 has approved this story then anything i say to the contary should, and MUST, be ignored.

Having said that Mary (Valerie's secretary) called her boss Valerie. Mary was this personal when she helped Valerie rescue Francine Traline, but at all times in the office Mary is ultra businesslike and calls her boss Ms. Bourbon. Just a small point, but it did jar with me.

i partly know what one of the reviers meant when he states that Master Charles is a "dipshit" - whatever a dipshit is. i can not quite put my finger on it but your Master Charles is not the same Master Charles i have come to know so well from Dweaver999's extensive writings. Somehow Master Charles seems far more flowery and verbose and less Masterful.

The interplay between Master Charles and Lady Nadine also seemed to be at odds with my earlier meetings (if one can meet a fictional character) with her. However i was willing to overlook this as until this story Nadine was not married to Master Charles and was his 24/7 live in slave. There is one point though slave Nadine had said to slave Valerie that even if she (Nadine) did marry Master Charles she would always be his slave. The last bit of action between Master Charles and Lady Nadine would suggest that there was no Master/slave relationship now.

Anyway i thank you from the bottom of my heart for this story about some wonderful characters that i have come to love (in a fictional way of course). I am afraid I do have to agree with you about Dweaver999 being the better writer, but you come very, very close. Well done and thank you again. Oh yes will you be writing any more about Master Charles, Valerie etc? Please you must ............. pretty plese

dry

estragonestragonabout 13 years agoAuthor
Dryhill, Thanks for Your Comment

My view of Charles obviously differs from those of other readers of the "Valerie" series. My defenses to the charge of prettying-up Charles Vanquil are (a) Charles Vanquil is a complex character; the reason we feel he is so real is because of his complex personality--cardboard characters don't hold our attention for very long, however interesting the plots in which they may be found; (b) I had a different view of him in the earlier draft that Grand Master dweaver999 reviewed; if you could see the e-mail exchange I had with Grand Master dweaver999, and his comments to my earlier draft (none of which I can publish without his permission, of course, so you'll have to take my word on this score), you would see that he brought me up sharply in several instances on my approach to Charles; and (c) like you, like me, Charles' personality changes with time--he grows in some ways, and maybe his perspective changes as well--perhaps my later Charles, as informed by Grand Master dweaver999's comments, is a slightly different person a few years down the road, much as we might be. I hasten to add, of course, that any error, inaccuracy or misstatement either in my story or in this e-mail is my sole and exclusive responsibility. I am not trying to hide behind Grand Master dweaver999's imposing literary figure to shield myself from any criticism.

Incidentally, you are right about June and Valerie. I treated the relationship too casually. Mea culpa.

AllosaurusRexAllosaurusRexabout 13 years ago
Loved this story

But was it not Valerie that wanted the baby, you gave one to Charles Arthur Jameson Vanquil, but not to the "girl's"

estragonestragonabout 13 years agoAuthor
Valerie and Sally Will Definitely Have Their Baby

in due course, if Grand Master dweaver999 agrees. I sent my final draft of the story of the birth of Master Charles' and Lady Nadine's son Chip to Grand Master dweaver999 for licensing permission. If granted, I will publish that story, and start at once writing the story of the births of Nancimarie Burbon (to Eve and Joe Burbon) and Francine Michaela Thatcher-Burbon to Valerie Burbon and Sally Thatcher.

Of course, Grand Master dweaver999 is completely in charge of this process. If he imposes conditions or requires changes, matters will be delayed. And of course he may decide to decline my request for licensing for any reason or for no reason. They're his characters. If licensing is denied, I will then simply state that fact without more explanation, apologize to the technical advisers who helped me so much, and not write any more Valerie stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You have a very descriptive writing style that I can appreciate very much.

On the other hand, I do not like this instalment,(I don't like how flowery Charles seems to have gotten, how loose the Delgasi staff are now, and how bat guano crazy you made Valery, as my reasons, in case you were curious) and will not be reading any further in Valery's tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a travesty . . .

You have twisted the beautiful characters of the original "Valerie" series written by dweaver999. I didn't make it through page 1. The idea of Master Charles wanting to auction signed and used sanitary pads is disgusting. Charles is many things, but opportunistic is not one of them. The brief glimpse of the warm and caring Nadine as a callous, spoiled rich woman is ridiculous. I have no desire to see what you have done to other marvelous characters. If I were dweaver999 I would be absolutely insulted over what you have done to my carefully crafted characters. --- shemar

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous