All Comments on 'Valuable Commodities'

by Sailor1

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story!

A well written work. The vulgarity of war and the tenderness of the lovers worked nicely. Continue your good work. john

NamizujsNamizujsabout 18 years ago
The contrast of Love and War as ever

The losses of war and the gains of love well written in wonderful contrast! Splendid as ever Sailor!

Thank You

John

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 15 years ago
Love Blooms Even in Heat of WW II

This is a very fine story of SWEET BLOSSOMING OF LOVE against a backdrop of a dangerous war zone. The voluminous detail on Japanese attacks in the Dutch East Indies require the reader's interest in history. The sex is bumbling, awkward, but fun -- and realistic for two nitwit virgins (reminds me painfully of my own newlywed "bliss").

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Make Love, Not War

I really enjoyed the story. It brought back memories about when I was an Air Force aviator in the Philippines and Japan ferrying aircraft (minus the girl, of course). My betrothed was waiting for me in the States. We were married at the end one of these ferry flights, and returned to Japan for our honeymoon. We had some unique experiences in the Far East. Perhaps I should write a story...

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Interesting story

Good story and good writing about love and war. Enjoyed the tender loving between the two newly-marrieds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
fascinating little snippet from the war

You meld the technical and operation aspects of aviation and war together well, and overlay it with a tender love story, not easily done when there is so much of uncertainty and seemingly arbitrary events tangling any effort at normalcy. Keep it up. Good stuff!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous