Vengeful Storm Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Opening my eyes, I saw her standing outside the door. My body tensed, ready to protect her if the guy got nasty. Well, that is until a wave of pain washed over me so severely that I had to fight the urge to vomit. "Raine?"

Raine's head snapped towards me at the sound of my voice. I saw a smile spread across her face before she faced the guy again. "This isn't over Jack, and tell Sam that he'd better invest in some ass kicking proof armour because if you don't get those things off of Storm soon then I'm coming after him."

"Fine. I'll tell him, but he won't be happy."

"Yeah well that makes two of us," Raine yelled to him as he retreated. Turning to me, Raine walked into the room and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Hey big sister. How you feeling?"

"Like I was shot. Other than that I feel just peachy. What about you?"

"Well I see your sense of humour hasn't been affected. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? The people here haven't hurt you?"

"I've been fine." Rain leaned forward to hug me. "I was so worried about you. I thought you were going to die. Especially after you decided to go exploring."

I wrapped my arms around her, ignoring the pain in my shoulder. I was so glad to finally have her back. "Hey, you know I'm made of stronger stuff than that. Takes more than a laser burn to do me any real harm."

"Storm, you almost died. Twice. Just take it easy for the next few days okay. Keep a lid on your temper too. I expect Sam will want to talk to you soon if you feel up to it."

"Who's Sam?"

"He's the commander of this base. Jack's his younger brother."

"Jack? Was that the guy you were arguing with?"

"We were not arguing. We were having a heated discussion."

"Right. And will this Sam guy be able to get these shackles off of me?"

"So you noticed."

"Yeah, it's a bit hard not to."

"I don't know why they've done it. Jack told me it's to stop you from walking around, that the drugs they've put you on will make you hallucinate things. I think they're bull shitting to be honest but I don't know why else they would have done it."

I smiled at Raine, surprised that with everything that was happening on our world and with everything that she had gone through over the last few months that she was still so naive. Maybe it was just because I was her sister. "They don't trust me. That's why I'm shackled. I expect word got back to Sam about my little escape attempt. I don't remember much to be honest but I can remember waving a piece of wood around like a banshee."

"I don't think we need to worry about word getting round to Sam. He's the one who found you. And you being a threat is ridiculous. Of course they can trust you. You saved me and the rest of the girls for starters. When I find Sam he's going to wish he'd never been born by the time I'm through with him."

"No Raine. He has the right to do this. We're both strangers here and he has to protect his men. He can't risk a threat among his people. Just leave it. Sooner or later he'll realise I'm not a threat." To them at least, I thought to myself.

"Well if that was the case why aren't I in chains?"

"Because you're the closest thing on earth to an angel. No one could possibly think that you were a threat."

"Tell that to Jack."

"What?"

"Nothing."

I had a feeling that there was something going on between those two that I wasn't going to be hearing about soon. As I lay on the bed, I tried my best to smother a yawn. All this talking had made me feel as weak as a kitten. I hated feeling like this, but at least now I knew Raine would be looked after. Unfortunately Raine saw the yawn.

"You must be tired. I'll go now and let you get some sleep."

I didn't want her to go yet. It was so good having her next to me after so long. Raine looked at my face and smiled. She had always been able to tell what I was thinking, even when my face was blank. She knew I didn't want her to leave. "Don't worry, I'll be close. If I'm not here I'll have someone come and get me when you wake up. I'm not going to leave you again. Just go to sleep. The more you rest the sooner you'll heal."

I didn't want to go to sleep, didn't want to let Raine out of my sight. But I was so tired and my eyes felt so heavy. Maybe just a quick nap. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

12