Vice Cop Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lexa was quiet and pensive, looking at Mason and then at the window. Outside was Central Park, though of course it was only the top of the trees, and an incomplete vista of the sprawling green lawns and only a little of the lake could be seen. Pigeons were loudly flying about and the sounds of traffic drowned out th rest of Mason's words.

"Don't you find it very emotional to write about all this?" Lexa said to him.

"No. I need to write about what I know, and being a detective is what I know. I need to reveal the truth about how the system works and how often it does not. The Mafia is a powerful force in the U.S. and a plague. It is imperative that I write about how these people are ruthless and how my wife's death affected me."

"I see. Will you write about me, about us and our work with Homicide?"

"Yes. Everything."

"Sounds like it will be quite a book."

Lexa smiled.

They struck their wine glasses together.

"Good luck with your book," she said.

* * * *

Miami, Florida, 11am,

Hudson and Professor Golstein were greeted with a warm welcome by Uncle Vitto and Nancy. The sun was warm against their skin, in fact it was a tad too hot for Hudson and the Professor, already accustomed to the cooler climate of New York. It was pleasant for Vitto and Nancy and they loved the Florida spring, manifesting itself in the beautiful tropical flowers and jasmine that grew around their home. After they had settled into the guest rooms, one for Hudson and one for the Professor, they sat down to a hearty luncheon.

Nancy had prepared several courses for them to eat. She knew the Professor was Jewish and probably had a limited diet, so she ensured that all his meals were kosher and that he would enjoy them. Hudson, always fond of meats and Italian foods, was treated to foods that he had not eaten in a while. Because Hudson lived alone in Brooklyn, away from his family, he had not had not enjoyed his mother's cooking for some time. Nancy had obviously learned a great deal about Italian cooking from Vitto. She was not Italian but she had taken up a kind of Italian wife role, which was what Vitto had been looking for.

Vitto had become fat and lazy. He was retired and only worked handyman jobs for friends. He was living well in Florida, and he had made many friends his age in Miami. Often, he and Nancy would go sailing, to resorts in Boca Raton or crusies to the Caribbean. It was a paradise that was always tempting, even to Hudson. Every time Hudson came to Florida, he tried hard not to remember his experience with Candy Spears, who had used him, lured him to a death trap but had died herself.

The fact that her "boss" Marina Brazilova and her drug lord companion Leo Mendoza had not been caught and in fact had fled the country upset him. He wish he had been able to bring thoses two to justice. They had cost him a lot. He did not like that he had caught Leo in New York only to see him escape to Florida where he also failed to get him.

But Hudson had made up his mind to enjoy himself in Florida. He would not allow the past to ruin Florida for him. It was still a beautiful little retreat and he would revel in it. He was glad the Professor had come along. It was nice to see him relaxed and happy. He enjoyed Vitto's sense of humor and friendliness and Nancy's sweetness.

"Tell me Hudson, you ever seriously think about coming to live in Florida?" Vitto said to him.

"All the time," Hudson replied, " but it's like there's an umbilical cord between me and New York City. I love New York City and love serving the public as a cop. I can't see myself here, no matter how beautiful. Maybe, like you, Uncle Vitto, I'll end up here after I retire from the NYPD."

"Good. I think that would be great for you. And by then you will be married and -"

"I don't want to talk about that."

"I heard about Cherry and how she was killed by the Chinese Mob. I'm so sorry to hear that. I can understand how you would not want to jump into another marriage. But you must be enjoying the bachelor life huh? It's always fun to just look."

They laughed.

"If you do move to Florida," the Professor said to him, "I think I shall have to consider it myself. I think it would do me a lot of good to live in such a sunny and peaceful place. There are times when I am very scared living in Brooklyn. Always fearing crime, as you know. Not to inpune your work as a cop, Hudson my boy. But here it seem so much more peaceful."

"There is a great number of folks who would love it if you taught music here," said Vitto, "or you can live out your retirement days in the company of many nice older folks doing many things from playing bingo to traeveling."

"I will have to really consider it," said the Professor.

"So what are we going to do while we're here, Professor?" Hudson said, smiling.

"I have no idea," he said, "I expected to be treated to a tour of Miami."

"We can still do that," said Vitto, "Nancy and I will be glad to show you the city. Hudson, you can come along unless you have a different itinerary."

"I'll come along and maybe later at night I'll find some place to go. Maybe a nightclub."

"Whatever floats your boat."

FIVE

Manhattan, New York City, 7:10 am,

Lexa was off-duty and she had received a call from her mother Katrina saying she was coming to New York City for to reasons: she was preparing for her comeback as an opera singer and she wanted to visit Lexa and see how she lived in Manhattan. Mason Holmes had not met Katrina so he was very anxious and nervous. He was also enjoying his day-off with Lexa, had risen early to work on his novel and had not anticipated the sudden surprise visit. He was wearing a shirt open to the navel and slacks and he had not shaven. He was finishing his morning coffee when the bell to their apartment rang from the outside.

"That's her," Lexa said.

"I'm not sure she will like me," Mason said, "I'm not sure how she will feel about me. She is the great woman you've spoken about so often and -"

"She'll love you from the moment she sees you," Lexa said to him, hand on his shoulder, "don't worry about a thing. Remember, she married a white cop and approves of our relationship."

Lexa waited for her mother to ascend the elevator and to knock on the door. She had not expected her mother so early but it was obvious that she had scheduled the visit for the morning and she would take care of the rest of her activities in the city for the rest of the day. Lexa was in a long robe and also drinking coffee. She had just been reading the paper and an article on Reagan's meetings with Mikhail Gorbachev.

"Honey, it's me," Katrina said knocking.

Lexa opened the door and gave her a big hug and kiss. Over her daughters shoulder she caught sight of Mason Holmes smiling sheepishly.

"Where are you staying?" Lexa asked her.

"The Plaza," Katrina answered, "you know that's my preferred hotel. It's the best in all New York."

"Mother this is Mason Holmes."

She extended her hand to him, and Mason thought she had wanted him to kiss it but they shook hands instead.

"Mrs. O'Neil, it's such a great honor to finally see you in person. Lexa has said so many wonderful things about you."

"Has she? Well thats smart of her."

"Please come on in and I'll make you some breakfast. Have you had any?"

"Did you eat already mamma?"

"I did. I'm here only briefly you know. I have been talking to the manager of the Amsterdam Opera and we are going to discusss today how to properly train my voice to sing again so i can record and to be in performances again."

"But where will you live? "

"Why, Greenwich Village, child."

"Greenwich Village?"

"Honey, it's no problem. I can afford it. My return to the stage is going to be very lucrative. Not that it's about the money and as you know, it never was."

"I know."

"But it's a business and I am only happy to be taking part of again. I've been offered to sing in upcoming productions of roles that defined my career! I will sing Tosca again, Norma, Isolde, Brunnhilde and Madame Butterfly."

"Oh, mamma, that's wonderful. I can't wait to see you on the stage again. "

"And I look forward to seeing that, too," Mason said, "I was told you are an amazing talent."

"I feel like my voice is ready but it needs refining," Katrina remarked," I havent sung in years! You know my fans don't even write to me anymore. They stopped since 1977."

"They will remember you, " Lexa said, "They will love that you came back. And I'll visit you in Greenwich Village."

"Child, something I've been meaning to tell you. I was at the Plaza lobby this morning and there was a man there, a talent scout. He's looking for young women to sing or play an instrument so that they could enter a competition. Something called "Star Search". It's a popular TV show. It's mostly a singing competition. Now, I know it would be madness to join that, when I'm already a woman of 60, but you -"

"Oh no. You don't want me to enter the contest?"

"But why not. I figure it would be a welcome change in your currrent life."

"My current life? Whats' wrong with it? Mamma, I didnt expect you would come to criticize me."

"I'm not criticizing. I'm only suggesting that your tough job as a homicide detective is depriving you of showing the talent I know you have. You believe me, don't you Mr. Holmes?"

"I'm very aware that Lexie can play piano. We don't have one in this apartment but I have seen her play piano in the Music Professor Goldstein's place in Brooklyn."

"And you can understand what I mean. Why even you, Mr. Holmes, find a need to express your creativity. I hear you write books."

"That's right. In fact my first novel was published a few months ago. I'm working on a new book."

"So if the detective feels like doing something to show off his talent, why can't you? I also know you can sing beautifully, child. Maybe it's not opera, but you can sing really great. Come on."

"Well, alright. Only to please you, Mamma."

"I'm so glad. I'll come back here later and we can both go to the Plaza and we'll talk to the talent scout and enter you into the competition.".....................

SIX

Miami, Florida, 7pm

A hot night descended over the tropical city by the sea. There was something in the air that was enticing, something fun, forbidden; at least, that's how Hudson felt. The Professor had enjoyed a tour of Miami, had lunch and dinner but had decided to retire to his guest room for the evening. Vitto and Nancy had agreed to play cards with him and to talk through the night until they became sleepy. Hudson, feeling a bit caged, did not stick around. He showered,shaved and dressed for a night out on the town. He wore his gold chain, which, hangingover his chest, exposed because his red shirt was unbuttoned, gave him a surprisinglydecadent look. His hair was slicked back, and his slacks were perfectly creased, his shoes glossy and polished.

He wanted to go out and to forget the unexplainable hunger in him. New York City often depressed him, or rather, the loneliness he felt while living there. Vice was calling again, tempting him, an unknown force pulling him toward something. He felt that tonight was tinged with a special sort of destiny. He knew it was probably nothing.He had been drinking at Uncle Vitto's and although not drunk, was sufficiently excited foradventure and naughtiness. Miami was a party city in paradise, and he knew he would not be long in finding gratification. The stars were already out, and a crescent moon, glistening over the Atlantic waters. The neon lights of the city were like radiant jewels and everywhere there was music, laughter, people up and about, ready for a good time.

It was Saturday night. Music, floating like Muzak, coming from loudspeakers, provided the streets with a soundtrack. Wang Chung's "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" made people in the streets suddenly burst into dance. People were dressed in loose beach clothing; shorts, Hawaiian shirts, sandals and held drinks in their hands. The women were in bikinis or little cocktail dresses. All of a sudden, Hudson was conscious that women were outnumbering the men, that they were all here, as if in a herd at a watering hole. Pretty women, young women, and even the older ones looked attractive. Women of every race and background, exotic, white, black, and tan. They looked at him and smiled as he passed by. The music, the decadence that reigned, was beckoning Hudson to a place he knew had to go.......

Gloria Estefan and The Miami Sound Machine's "Conga" was playing during a kind of intermission between strip shows at "Flamingo's". The strippers were relieved to be sitting, or preening in the mirror which also allowed them to socialize and have meals, provided by a Cuban lady, Rosa. The girls were seated, some standing, some smoking. The dressing room was large, and it was only one room. Mirrors were everywhere, in a semi-circle, with a pink frame and light bulbs on the frames. The seats were stool chairs, and the floor was covered in a flower-patterned exotic carpet. Palms were in the room for decor, and the assortment of sexy costumes, furs and lingerie made everything a riot of colors, sex and femininity.

"Rosa, I'm starving to death," said one of the girls, a bronze-skinned Puerto Rican girl, "hand me a plate of chicken will you? I don't get out of here till midnight."

"You need to go on a diet," Rosa said, strictly, "your thighs -"

"Screw you."

The woman handed the girl a plate of chicken and then proceeded to hand out water to girls who were asking for water. The girls were mostly Latinas but there was a few white girls and black girls, each changing into sexy thongs and bras, and various exotic costumes. In a corner of the room, all by herself, unconcerned with the fatigue the girls were clearly exhibiting, was a red-headed young vixen feeding a white cockatoo. She was wearing a silver diamond-sequin little skirt and a bra, and high heels. She was beautiful with white skin but with an exotic quality that denoted Latin blood. She seemed introspective and aloof. Rosa walked over to the girl, assuming she was going to eat a plate of food she had with her. It was rice and an assortment of cut chicken strips.

"Aren't you going to eat? You're very thin, Roxella."

She looked up and finished feeding her bird which she put back into its cage. "I'm fine," she said, "some nights I'm not hungry. At least not for food."

"Diabla! It's not enough for you that men look at you and pay you to dance."

"I didn't say that. I said there were nights which I personally don't enjoy just dancing."

"Forget it. So are you going to eat this or not? I have other strip clubs to visit."

"Don't want it, Rosa. I'm going to be dancing in about an hour. I can't dance after I've eaten."

"Suit yourself."

* * * *

Hudson didn't know why he should go to a strip club but he figured he'd have a few drinks, look at pretty girls get naked and then get back home. This was not his idea of a great weekend in Miami, but at least he would be indulging himself. Back in New York, he had made a goal for himself. He had decided he would not enter strip clubs because it was bad for his image as a dutiful cop. He arrested prostitutes working Vice, was fiercely anti prostitution, and dedicated much of his time into catching pimps and their girls. He had never found prostitution appealing. He knew that Sonya Romandini had once been a prostitute, even if briefly, and this was a shameful and great humiliation to him. He hated that she basically went from a quick-buck street hooker to a high-class escort. Even though it was unconscious, his stance on prostitution as a cop had to do with Sonya and how his relationship with her ended because of prostitution.

Strip clubs were appealing to him. He had been to strip clubs before with Kyle Lennox but this was before working for Vice, and he liked that it was just looking and not touching. But because it was so hypocritical and so ironic that a Vice cop would frequent strip joints, he figured he'd quit going to them. But only in New York. Since the death of Cherry, he had tried to ease his pain by going to one of two places every other weekend - a bar or strip club. But he had only gone to the strip clubs in New Jersey, going even to the ones in Atlantic Ciy, which were more sexually charged. Now he was in Miami, no one here knew hewas a cop, no one recognized him, just like when he to Jersey, so it was perfect.

He was walking down a street overlooking the marina, with neon signs providing dizzying arrays of lights and with drunken pedestrians and wild drivers shouting into the night from their cars.As he turned a corner, he saw a woman approaching him. It was a Hispanic woman, with brown, almost black skin, wearing a tight top and skirt, her legs long and sexy, without any stockings. She was smoking and she had a little cap on her dark hair. She held on to a little purse. She looked like a street urchin but Hudson knew what she really was.

"Hey papi, looking for a good time?" she said to him, spreading her legs and putting out her cigarette on her thighs.

"Not with you," he replied briskly and curtly.

"Hey, puto, fuck you!" she yelled.

Hudson did not know what she had just said but her angry and offended tone clearly showed she had just cussed him out. He didn't care. Then as she left, he noticed a flamingo neon sign, pink, over what was the largest strip club he had ever seen. It was like a hotel almost, like something out of Las Vegas. But the sign read "Flamingo's" and he knew it was a strip club. He sighed and made his way toward the place..................

SEVEN

When Hudson ordered his drink and sat down by a table where another man in a suit was smoking, a strip act was already in progress. The girl was gyrating her hips in a circular motion, at times rocking them back and forth in a lewd, sexually provocative manner. She would bend down and show her ass to everyone, which was seen through the light, sheer fabric of her underwear. She removed her underwear to the beat of a strong, pulsating electronic music and then she made a sudden split, her legs wide apart. The men in the club were salivating. She had some hair on her pussy but she looked fit and sexy. She was a blonde with short hair and her boobs were big.

"Can't beat that huh?" Hudson said to the man next to him.

"Wait till the next girl," he said, "Roxella Peters. She's the star of this joint. Everyone goes nuts over her. She's always a success."

"Star?"

"Yeah. But only because her boyfriend is the manager of this place. He has this great deal. When it's your birthday the girls can do whatever you ask them to do to you - for an affordable price."

"Hm."

Hudson didn't like the sound of that. He knew that this was exactly the kind of back-door prostitution that he sought to end in New York City. Stripping was one thing that the law couldn't touch, but prostitution was always illegal, in any form it took. The lights went out and a hush fell over the men at the club. An excitement and anticipation fell over them and it was very palpable, even to Hudson. Like magic, a soft red and orange light came on on the stage and a soft music, sweet and sexy, a jazz number, began to play. The curtains were opened and out came Roxella Peters.

The moment Hudson laid eyes on her, he was thunder-struck. She was absolutely gorgeous! Her hair was red, but a subdued "strawberry red", clearly a dye job. She was white but her firm, defiant chin, nose and eyes spoke of Latin blood. She had decent-sized breasts and sexy strong legs. She was wearing a tangerine-colored thong and two coconuts as breasts. She began to strip in a finely choreographed, almost balletic dance. Her coconuts fell off first, a spontaneous and sexy motion. She then began to gyrate her hips, to strut, to show her back and then turn completely around to expose her breasts, letting light and shadow play over her figure. She knew just how to move in a way that was not vulgar or graphic, but subtle and erotic, almost artistic.

123456...8