All Comments on 'Violet Ch. 01'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
interesting.

Interesting characters. Would like to see where this goes.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Anon

Character development and interaction is one of the most important parts of storytelling for me, and it means the world that it comes across through the writing.

Chapter 2 should post tonight. Thank you for your comment.

beachbum1958beachbum1958almost 8 years ago
Compelling reading

While the futa thing is not on my radar of interests, I found the writing so compelling I just had to keep reading. Well done you, to capture my attention so completely. It's a complex, sombre, haunting, thoroughly engrossing read, and well worth all 5 stars.

Will

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Yaaay!

@BeachBum1958

Thank you so much! It's always wonderful to receive praise from fellow authors. I'm so glad that you were able to find parts of Violet that spoke to you, and that appealed to you, even if one of the primary story components is outside of your wheelhouse.

Thank you for being the kind of reader I really want. I don’t expect that everyone could like all of the kinks I explore, but I always aim to include deep storytelling to accompany that. It’s lovely to hear that comes through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
exited!

I saw you're name pop up and was very excited to read this, as always I was not disappointed. Chasing the dragon and clockwork are 2 of my all time favorites, you're writing style is captivating. Hope to see more!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Anon

The idea that anyone knows who I am or is paying any real attention to my stories is still kind of foreign. That you remembered my name enough to recognize it after you’ve slept is...

It’s flattering. Thank you

kuhpa01kuhpa01almost 8 years ago
Not My Cup of Tea, But,,,

Started reading, not knowing what to expect, and became engrossed in the character development. Four stars for getting me so involved in the story so quickly.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Kuhpa

Thank you so much for giving Violet a chance. I couldn’t ask for anything more from a reader, and I'm grateful for every star.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckalmost 8 years ago
Sorry

Sorry, I lost interest somewhere after halfway through the first page. Nothing personal.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
No worries

@CTF

I would have to be pretty egotistical to think that everyone would like what I write. Thank you for giving Violet as much of a chance as you did!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pretty Good

Although it was a little scattered in places. My biggest dislike was the Spanish. I don't speak it or understand it, and it was kind of rude. I got the gist of the conversation, but a reader shouldn't have to try and decipher what's being said.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Anon

Two things to bear in mind. 1- Violet doesn’t speak Spanish either. You as the reader are meant to experience this window in her life just as she is, privy only to the information she has. 2- The untranslated Spanish is a metaphor for Violet's alienation. She’s on the outside looking in, just like the reader is meant to be. It’s not a bug, it's a feature.

irishmike73irishmike73almost 8 years ago
Great writing.

I really enjoyed your writing style. To echo what another commenter said, your character development was excellent. I found myself engrossed in this story and wanting to know what was coming next. While your particular brand of kink is not my cup of tea, I can definitely appreciate good story telling when I see it. Hopefully someday in the future you will post a story that just happens to align with my tastes a little better because I'm sure that it will be amazing

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You

@IrishMike

Big, big, big thanks for giving this story a chance even though it catered to some different kinks. Lord knows there's plenty of other stories out there you COULD have been reading that met a few more of your regular criteria.

G1breelG1breelalmost 8 years ago
Didn't realised it had disappeared but super glad to have it back.

Awkward,

This is actually one of the first pieces of yours that I read, so I didn't realise you'd taken it down. The characterisation in this story is what pulled me into the rest of your writing, and it remains my favourite feature of your work.

Thanks for bringing this story back.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You

@G1breel

Violet contains some of the most powerful writing I've ever done. Painfully cathartic. I make no claims about my writing quality as compared to others, but on the scale of my personal work, Violet is very near the top.

I'm glad it's back up, and I'm glad you found it again. I'm glad Violet made enough of an impression that it spurred you on to try things I've written in other genres. Thank you for finding me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
beautiful story so far

Although it was just the first chapter, it has held my interest so far and I'm looking forward to where this is going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hih?

If you are going to put Spanish in the story, why would you not put the translation for those who do not speak it. Also, what's with every girl having a penis?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Seriously

I was so in love with this story as I read it immediately sucked me in and pulled me along. Everything about it(aside from a few grammatical errors)painted this non-stop effortless in imagine picture in my brain. Easily evoked emotion in me that every author should strive to be able to pull from their readers. THEN you fucked it up by adding in the Spanish parts at the end that completely ruined the perfect flow you crafted before hand. Why add the Spanish bits without adding in some kind of translation. You obviously know the majority of your readers are probably going to be English speakers so it seems completely counterproductive to do that. God that pissed me off so much. I hadn't even made a quarter of the way through the first page and I was already wishing that this story would be a super long read. That Spanish section pissed me off so much I skipped the last part of the second page and haven't even started reading any of the third page yet. SERIOUSLY what the fuck man.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 3 years ago

I have to agree with the previous comments about Mom speaking in Spanish. I'm not fluent enough to consider myself bilingual. I only had to run to babelfish once during the sex scene for help. But it was aggravating nonetheless. One technique that most authors use to keep the reader engaged is to have one participant in the conversation reply in English with an answer that the reader can use to deduce what was said in Spanish. I suggest that you rewrite it to reflect that. You'll be happy that you did, I promise. Good reading other than that.

ToughSailorToughSailorabout 2 months ago

Spanish? Shouldn't have done it! As for the story... incomplete . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Violet Series Info