Virtual Reality: Pokemon D/P Ch. 9

Story Info
Winner take all in the Champion Battle
8.5k words
4.72
24.8k
31

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 02/26/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers

Virtual Realities: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Episode: Final Battle

Disclaimer: this story is a work of fiction based on the characters in the video game: Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl. I make no claims of ownership towards these characters, only the twisted things they do in this story belong to me. If you find this story on any site except Literotica, it has been stolen from me, I would appreciate you letting me know! Enjoy the story, and remember: Feedback is crack for writers!

Please note, I have extensive knowledge on the subject and have double checked with online research. All characters involved in sexual activities in these stories are above the age of 18 in both the game and the show. No "aging up" or other literary tricks were used to make characters legal age.

"This is it! No hold barred."

I nodded, a huge, shit-eating, grin plastered to my face. "Anything goes."

Both Cynthia and I understood that we weren't just talking about the rules of the battle. Although it wasn't widely advertised, there was an impressive "playroom" beneath Victory Road. Trainers who participated in adult rules battles against the final four had access to pretty much any toy they could imagine, and probably a number that they never had.

My path here had been a long one. Over two years traveling. Stuck in the world of a video game. In truth, I wasn't entirely certain we'd get a chance to make it to the playroom. There was the strong possibility that if I "beat the game" I would finally be transported back to my old life. I wasn't sure how I felt about that but I didn't have the luxury to dwell on it now. Cynthia was among the most formidable opponents in Sinnoh and we were about to start the battle for the championship.

"Have you been keeping well? I hope my advice and introductions have been worthwhile. Together, you and your pokemon overcame all the challenges you faced, however difficult. It means that you've triumphed over any personal weaknesses, too. The power you learned...and the confidence...I can feel it emanating from you. But that's enough talk. Let's get on with why we're both here. As Pokemon League Champion, I accept your challenge!"

"Chide, come on out!" "Spiritomb, I choose you!" Without any more preamble, the battle was on. "Hydro Pump!" "Spiritomb, Dark Pulse!"

My giant penguin, Empolion, opened his mouth and an impossible torrent of water began to lash out towards Cynthia's purple and green will-of-the-whisp dark-ghost dual type. Meanwhile, the green and purple ball of fire gathered energy that instantly shot out in every direction in a ring around the pokemon. The dark energy passed right through the physical manifestation of Chide's blast of water and both attacks hit the opposing pokemon virtually simultaneously.

"You're doing great, Chide. Keep it up!" I shouted as my pokemon staggered from the force of the blow. The stream of water had hit Spiritomb but the ball-shaped pokemon rolled out of the line of fire after being blasted only a foot or so back.

"Distance didn't work so well." Cynthia reasoned as she gave her partner instructions. "Let's see if we can sully the air a bit, so we stand a better chance of dodging that Hydro Pump."

It was a sound tactic. Although powerful, Hydro Pump was notorious for its poor accuracy. I wasn't about to trust it more than once if I had any choice whatsoever. Besides, Spiritomb seemed to favor distance attacks, so I figured it would be better to get close in.

"Chide, charge him with Steel Wing!." "Spiritomb, Silver Wind!"

Silver dust began to blast from the dark flames of Spiritomb's body in much the same fashion as water had poured from my Empolion. I flinched in sympathy for my poor Chide. If you've ever been in a sandstorm or hailstorm, you can imagine the damage it does.

Meanwhile, Chide braved the assault with a charge. His right wing glowed briefly before it apparently transmuted into a shining matte steel. He closed his eyes and seemed to hover forward at speed. His body shuddered under the continued particulate impact but he bulled through until his wing smacked the floating ball of fire aside.

"Spiritomb, Psychic!"

Cynthia wasted no time on banter as she quickly issued her next command. Chide was still trying to stop and turn back towards his opponent when the Spiritomb's eyes began to glow blue. The same glow encased Chide in an aura of power and held him fast. I knew that attack well and knew the pressure it put on the target.

Despite the dire circumstances, Chide impressed me through his resistance. Not only did he continue to try to fight against the forces holding him still but little by little, inch by inch, he began to turn.

"Yeah! Go, Chide! You can do it!" I cried out in moral support.

You could see the strain on the faces of both pokemon. While it was a physical challenge against the ghost's mental skills, it was my Empolion's will that tipped the balance. Once he had turned to nearly face his foe, he focused his intent on just his head, aware that it would allow him a couple of moves while reducing the force needed to turn.

"Chide, unleash your Blizzard!"

Every remaining speck of silver that remained floating in the air was instantly pushed aside by the assault of snow and hail that burst out of Chide's open beak. The Spiritomb was blasted backwards. The attack ruined her concentration and Chide was free. With more maneuverability, he was able to turn more fully towards his enemy and keep the freezing blast on his foe.

"That enough, Spiritomb. You did a good job. Rest now." Cynthia didn't even wait for the attack to end before she pulled out a pokeball and called her back. A beam of red light shot out and engulfed the beleaguered pokemon. Chide ceased his attack the moment it was no longer necessary. It hadn't really been a KO, but we both knew the dark-ghost was out of the battle.

"Roserade, your turn!"

Cynthia knew I had blizzard at my disposal, so she must had banked on the fact that it was a slow attack to heat up, and my Empolion wasn't the epitome of speed. All it would take was one good hit and the penguin would fall. Fortunately, I had an attack considerably faster that would work almost as well.

"Chide, Drillpeck!"

Once more, my penguin launched himself straight at his opponent, spinning his whole body so that his beak resembled a drill. Roserade and Cynthia worked as a flawless team to focus the power needed for Energy Ball. Energy coalesced, Goku style, between Roserade's forward thrust blossom hands.

Chide very nearly made it in time to break through. Unfortunately, Cynthia's grass-poison pokemon pointed its twin flowers at my very first pokemon and unleashed a ball of energy that blasted Chaide back into the wall. Like the champion before me, I had my pokeball out and retrieved the Empolion from the field even before we could see his eyes swirling with defeat.

Cynthia and I eyed each other over the field of battle. Both of us had nothing but respect for the other. Well, respect and no small measure of lust. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of what would come after the contest, no matter who won. She returned the smile but wagged a finger at me, chastising me for my temporary lack of focus.

"Poe, you're up!" Cynthia flinched when my next choice coalesced into a Honchkrow. Either one of us could switch out pokemon but both were too stubborn to do it. Besides, there was a strong possibility that the pokemon we tried to pull out would take heavy damage while it gained its bearings.

"Poe, Fly!" "Roserade, quickly, Sludge Bomb before he gains height!"

My Honchkrow proved faster than her Roserade. Within moments he was already much too high to be hit by Cynthia's poison attack. He circled around, building up momentum before he dove. His wings tucked in to his sides and his feet were tucked up, ready to lash out and strike with the combined force of his strength and gravity.

"Roserade, now, use Toxic!"

Cynthia hoped she could get the attack in before my pokemon landed his blow. It didn't work. Poe swooped down with beauty more befitting an eagle or a falcon than a debonair-yet-plump crow. His claws lashed out and struck Roserade right in the chest and tossed her backwards. She landed heavily and rolled over and over on her side. Once she stopped rolling, her eyes were the very distinct spirals I never got used to seeing in person.

Cynthia's shoulders hunched. She was far from defeated but she shared my concern for our pokemon. I hated to see my pokemon fall. Despite the determination to keep fighting, you could see the pain each bit of damage caused. All you can do is trust them to know their own limits.

She switched out the fainted Roserade for Lucario. My eyebrows bunched together in confusion. Since I had one myself, I knew it was a fighting-steel type. While steel could resist Poe's flight attacks, the fighting half was especially vulnerable to them. I figured it would once more come down to speed and pure power.

"Poe, Fly again!" "Lucario, Aura Sphere."

Once more, Poe got the jump on his opponent and launched into the air. Her Lucario crouched down in a classic anime chi-gathering pose and energy began to form between her hands. She tried to release the blast at my Honchkrow before he got out of range but focusing the energy had taken too long.

"Lucario, again!" Without missing a beat, the fox-faced anthro crouched again and began to focus her chi, even as Poe circled to build momentum.

"Poe, quickly! Before he can finish building his energy!"

Dutiful to my commands, the bird dropped out of the sky, straight towards his foe. Cynthia and I watched with bated breath as the collision loomed closer. There was no longer anything we could offer but our moral support. It was a question of which of the two could complete preparations first.

Lucario dipped back before she flung her body forward, right into the face of Poe's outstretched claws. Energy exploded in all directions, blinding us and preventing any surety of the outcome of the clash. Whichever remained standing, he or she wouldn't come out of this unscathed.

I dropped my hand, which instinctively shielded my eyes from the light. My eyes began to focus to discover Poe sprawled on the ground and Lucario swaying perilously. I held my breath and continued to watch. My hand hovered by the pokeball, ready to retrieve Poe, but I refused to yield. Too many times, in anime, an unseen conclusion will prove deceptive. Lucario could be out on her feet and Poe merely stunned before popping up ready for more.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the case. Lucario shook off the effects of the combined strikes and Poe didn't move. I conceded his defeat and swapped him out for Lita, my favorite Teep. It was a bit of a risk, since Lucario's steel type canceled out its fighting weakness against psychics, but my own fighting pokemon would be just as vulnerable against hers.

We both shouted out our commands. Lita's eyes glowed, barely visible beneath her hat-like top. Lucario dropped back into her standard energy focus stance, but this time, instead of a bright ball of energy, it glowed a dark purple and blue; Shadow Ball. My little Raltz lifted Lucario off his feet by sheer strength of mental prowess and began to squeeze with Psychic. Unfortunately, the attack still left her opponent with enough mobility to get off her attack.

The ghostly energy slammed into Lita and both fell heavily to the ground. This battle was rapidly becoming hazardous for everyone involved. Each simultaneous strike left both opponents wounded enough that the next enemy could take them out with a single hit. Lucario's drop from the sky proved too much and she was out, while Lita managed to pull herself up, unsteadily.

"Come on, Togekiss. Prove to be my lucky charm!" The comment was a reference to the flying egg being the good luck pokemon. It didn't really matter, however, as I had a counter to her move.

"Lita, Thunderbolt!"

Cynthia paled but continued on with the move she intended, as any attempt to change her mind would waste precious seconds. "Togekiss, Water Pulse!"

Once more, Lita's eyes glowed beneath her helmet. This time, however, the color was yellow rather than light blue. Arcs of static shot from the glow. It built up in moments until her entire body was surrounded by a field of electricity.

Quick as the buildup was, Togekiss' preparation was quicker. The flying pokemon reared back slightly. When it flung itself forward, water shot outward towards my Raltz. Lightning blasted straight through the center of the water ring. The flier managed to partially dodge the bolt but staggered from the partial hit to her left wing. Meanwhile, Lita tossed and tumbled from the impact of the watery attack.

Lita staggered upright and responded to my encouragement by building up another charge of electricity. We had to get this hit off fast. Lita was barely able to stand so the next attack was sure to incapacitate her.

Lost in my concern for Lita, I missed what move Cynthia had called out to her pokemon. The streamlined flier was already fast in motion. She dove straight at Lita. Something about the way the tips of her wings began to glow yellow suggested that this wasn't a Fly attack. Besides, it had come too quickly for the two-turn maneuver.

In moments, the yellow glow resolved itself into sparks. Lita saw the looming attack and hurriedly launched her next Thunderbolt. The instant before it was to connect, the Togekiss suddenly veered off course. Lita's Thunderbolt flashed harmlessly past while the residual electricity built up on her foe's wings continued on in the direction she'd flown. This time, when Lita fell from the Shockwave, I didn't expect her to get up.

It was time to bring out some of my strongest fighters. I quickly weighed my options and decided on a risky move. "Rayna, your turn!" The red energy from my pokeball resolved itself into the same dark fox-faced form that had just been under Cynthia's control.

The champion looked a bit confused by my tactic and even more so by my confidence. As with my attempt against her Lucario, Flying attacks were perfectly reasonable against Rayna, if not super effective as they would be against other fighting types. Meanwhile, my fighting attacks would be of little use against her flier.

I had confidence in Rayna, however.

"Togekiss, Air Slash!" I could tell Cynthia was trying not to be too arrogant about her chances, but she couldn't help the hint of overconfidence that crept in.

"Rayna, use Rock Climb to climb the brick walls and attack from above!" Cynthia's eyes widened in surprise. Rock Climb was a normal type attack, so would be unhindered by type advantage or disadvantage.

Togekiss waved first one wing, then the other, in the direction of my rapidly moving Lucario. Blades of barely visible air flashed across the distance and began to strike the wall as Rayna jumped surely from one brick to the next. She held on to the slimmest cracks in the wall, undisturbed as mortar and brick exploded around her.

Soon enough, Ranya was above the level of her flying opponent. Another blade of hardened air crashed into the wall where she had been moments before. She pushed off of the wall and into free air; bricks exploding at her feet. Togekiss could not keep up with her speed as she arced high overhead.

Rayna crashed down from above. Her feet led the way, still pumping as they had while she climbed the wall. Togekiss tried one last time to hit her but she was too close, right between her slashing wings, and the attempt sailed harmlessly past. One, two, three kicks slammed the flier out of the sky and across the ground even as the Lucario flipped backward to land in a crouch, prepared for the next strike.

"Rayna, quickly, follow up with Flash Cannon!" I cried out. Hopefully the steel-type attack would connect before Togekiss could recover.

"Togekiss, no! Get up and use Air Slash!"

It was a valiant effort. The large, streamlined, flier managed to pump her wings enough to allow her to hover off the ground. Rayna quickly charged up her attack; a glimmering silver ball held between both hands in front of her. The flier wobbled as she sent a single sweep of air towards my pokemon. The steel attack blasted out, ripped the feeble air attack to shreds as it passed, and slammed into Togekiss with explosive force.

"Togekiss, return." Cynthia mumbled, clearly disheartened by the extent of damage dealt to her companion. "Milotic, you're up."

I waited for her to switch out pokemon and the beautiful serpent to not only coalesce but get settled. I'd met unscrupulous trainers who launched attacks right on the heels of summoning a pokemon. I never had any patience with them and they quickly learned the error of their ways when they tried it on me. Once Cynthia set her focus from her new pokemon to the match, we both called out our next moves.

"Milotic, Aura Sphere!" "Rayna, Close Combat!"

Cynthia's water serpent quickly built up a ball of chi right at her mouth while Rayna used her incredible speed to charge forward. The energy ball flew too quickly for my Lucario to dodge. Rayna took the hit on her shoulder with a wince of pain but refused to let up on her charge. Although badly injured, she slammed into Milotic full force. Her arm caught the flailing body and continued on until they both crashed into the wall. Milotic hit first and took the brunt of the impact.

"Milotic, no!" Cynthia called out when both pokemon collapsed to the ground.

Rayna had seen better days, but she managed to stagger to stand, with on hand on the wall for support. I was tempted to recall her then and there, but I knew my opponent was down to her last pokemon, what it was, and that Rayna had one trick left up her sleeve that might win it outright without the need to bring in my last two.

Sure enough, Cynthia recalled her downed friend and brought out Garchomp. "I can't remember the last time I was put in a corner like this!"

I grinned. "Just wait 'till you see what I can do when Ireally have you trapped in a corner!"

I could tell from her shocked expression, and the way her hips began to sway slightly, that the innuendo had not been lost on her. Even better, at this point in the match, it acted as a pleasant distraction. She might only have the one pokemon left, to my three, but I knew it was her strongest.

"Rayna, Dragon Pulse!" "Garchomp, Earthquake!"

My Lucario's arms flew wide then came together with a clap. Purple energy built instantly and was released in a ring outward towards his opponent. Meanwhile, her anthropomorphic shark leapt up and slammed his fin-like arms against the ground. Dirt buckled in a wave outward from the impact and began to shake the room.

Rayna's focus shattered as she lost her balance. As weak as she already was, she collapsed from the bumps and bruises caused by the tremendous quake. Her dragon attack flew harmlessly wide, out of control from the moment it left her hands.

"You did good, Rayna. Time to rest." I soothed as I recalled her. "Jive, it's your turn."

I couldn't tell you how I came up with the name, but it seemed to fit my pokemon's loose and ready personality. When the red energy vanished, two Garchomps stared across the arena at one another. It had the potential for an epic conflict and I let Cynthia lead on this one. She was well known for Garchomp as her signature pokemon and it would be better to try to counter her moves than fall into a trap.

"Garchomp, Flamethrower!" "Jive, you too!"

It was a probe, nothing more. When the game first came out, dragon types had been the answer to the four basic elemental types. While not particularly weak or strong against any other type, fire, water, grass and electric attacks do little good against them. To launch two fire attacks was tantamount to measuring each other's proverbial dicks.

deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers