Visions Unveiled Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally, their actual words reached her, and Faline realized they were speaking of her need to return home. "Shane," she heard the twin say, "It is not safe for us to go into this in the middle of the night. Especially when you have not had a full night's sleep in days. We should wait until daylight."

"I wasn't asking your permission, Logan," Shane replied in a stern voice. Logan, Faline realized was the twin's name. "This is something that must be done. And while I remain grateful for your ever vigilant concern, I am beginning to tire of your doubting me."

It was the redhead who spoke next, "Logan doesn't doubt you Shane, he is just trying to help."

"I don't need you to speak for me," Logan said to her in a tight voice.

Faline saw anger cross Shane's face and it was immediately mirrored in the redhead's features. "I beg to differ, mate," she snapped back instantly, "Because you can't feel his upset right now but I can, and my brother is within moments of tossing you into a tree for how you are acting. Now calm down, speak respectfully, or remove yourself before he does so. And which one of us is afraid and why?" she asked suddenly of the company surrounding her.

Logan took a breath and shook his head after a long moment. He extended his hand to place it on the redhead's back before speaking. "Peace, Erin," he began. Erin, Faline now thought to herself. Logan and Erin. And they were mated she realized, affixing names to the new faces she was seeing. She watched as Logan began speaking again, "I am sorry, calm down. No one is afraid. But if Kevin and I both go with Shane to the village, and James and Brendan are still in the forest, that leaves only Sam here in case something happens," his eyes swung to Shane, "Those are not good odds, Alpha."

Shane shook his head, "There are plenty of able bodied males here to defend the weaker, they will assist Sam in the unlikely event there is a threat. I've already told you, I don't believe Justin will be returning on his own accord."

Something in Shane's tone caused Faline to shiver slightly.

"There it is again," Erin said as she eyed the three males standing with her, "Fear. Why?"

Finally, Kevin had something to add and he turned towards his brother. "If Shane is right, then we could be walking into a situation with injuries. And I am the best one to be present for that. But next to the Alpha, you are the strongest fighter. We both need to go, brother."

Logan shook his head as he looked at Erin and then Shane, "I don't feel right leaving Erin and the rest of the pack with only Sam. But seeing as Justin has already attacked outside of the complex, I suppose it's the only choice."

Faline watched as Shane ran a hand through his short hair. She could tell he was carefully considering all of the information coming towards him. Then she saw Erin stare at Shane a moment in confusion. "Our cousin has attacked someone? Who?"

"The girl," Logan said.

Simultaneously Kevin added, "Faline."

"Who is Faline?" Erin asked.

Faline began to tremble, unable to speak or move. She thought that Shane was about to say something, but it was Kevin who spoke next instead. "Faline is her name. The Alpha's mate."

Suddenly, a brisk wind licked through the trees. It rustled Faline's hair and clothes, and an instant later, the four werewolves tensed and each spun towards her. She took an inadvertent step backwards, knowing the change in the air must have alerted them of her scent. Holding out a hand before her, Faline stammered, "No."

"It's you," Erin suddenly blurted, her voice touched with awe. "The fear, and the feelings around me all day. It's been you." And then she spoke as the dawning hit her, "Of course, now it's clear."

"Faline," Shane said as he took a step towards her, "I'm right here, you are safe."

"No," Faline said again. "No, it can't be. Tell me it's not true. The one who attacked me, he's your cousin? And you knew?" She watched with wide eyes as Shane took another step towards her, and she faltered a step, "You knew, and you didn't tell me?"

Betrayal shot through her, sharp and deep, and instantly she wanted to flee. Making her way down the steps, Faline cautiously backed clear away from the where the wolves were standing.

Despite the others, her eyes never left Shane, as he was the Alpha, and thereby the largest threat. She felt such a fool for allowing him to get under her skin. He began to walk towards her as he spoke, "Faline, I didn't want to frighten you any more than you already were. My cousin will pay for what he has done to you. I will not allow anyone to hurt you again."

Faline narrowed her eyes at him, unbelieving how effortlessly the lies seemed to come. She thought of her flight through the woods with the wolf chasing her, she thought of her vision about Sophie. She realized that a horrible killer was still out there somewhere. Then she felt the rare twisting of something dark inside of her.

"Shane," Faline heard Erin say in a serious tone. "Brother beware, she is angry. Angry and erratic."

Faline backed away further, but Shane still stepped towards her, placing the others behind him. "Faline, please listen to me. I am going to take you to Sophie as I promised."

This would have been a trap she now realized, with her leading him right to Sophie. "No!" Faline snapped, while raising her hands in defense of him. "No more, you will stay away," she uttered through clenched teeth. Faline took a deep breath, feeling the air shift around her. Then she thrust her hands forward. "Hindrun," she called out, and suddenly the air crackled, and a wall of energy began to glow in the space immediately in front of Shane.

Focusing her eyes, Faline spread her arms apart, and as she did so the wall continued to widen outwards. She paused after a moment to look beyond the pulsing air where she could see the shock and concern on Shane's face. She watched as he slowly raised his hand and tentatively pressed it against the flat of the wall, and she was satisfied when she saw that there was no give against his hand. It gave her the confidence she needed to know he couldn't pass the field she'd created. Faline met his eyes with a look of determination, and then she proceeded to back away, forcing the distance between them to grow with each and every step.