All Comments on 'Voyage of the Caribbean Siren'

by EricCalder

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
shandalshandalalmost 15 years ago
good read, very interesting

Liked the historical naval references and information and the story - and not a happy ending - very good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good !!

Good story, unexpected ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Aye the boat could have been scuttled in deep six

Wid nary a loss o life.

EricCalderEricCalderalmost 15 years agoAuthor
scuttled

A good point Mr. 7/27, however, the ship needed to be seen by the Intrepid as it was destroyed so that they would give up the search. If they didn't find the ship (because it was scuttled) or found an empty wreck they would keep looking. And the crew on Rose's Key was not that well placed to hide for long, perhaps they could of if the Intrepid sailed past those waters, but it was not a risk Hamilton wanted to take.

But thank you for your comment, and I thank all the others who commented here and in private. While there will not be a sequel, there is a prequel, which is alluded to in this story. I hope you like that as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
getting close

an ok story, though please do some better proof reading. Overall though, a solid tale. With a little revision and some editing, you can have a ship shape story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Suggestion:

Maybe NEXT time the frigate can sail to AFRICA to capture some

"dusky beauties"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rather sad ending for Edward. Dedicated service loosing out to window dressing frauds ... Will the refugees on the island fare well, given limited food supply?

Wondering if there were any chapters to this epos missing ...

Anyway, was enjoyed reading. Just wish there was more ... say prequels completing the gap since Crimean ch1 ....

jra13jra13almost 2 years ago

After reading the others and coming to read this? This was a disappointment. You went from 5 stars not being enough to maybe 3-4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous