All Comments on 'Wanted: Young Man with Red Hair'

by CAP811

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
wildernesswildernessover 15 years ago
Excellent

Well written -- sexy and poignant.

tcost1tcost1over 15 years ago
Elegant and Lovely

It is uncommon to find such a moving tale anywhere. The style was never uneven yet communicated the different time and place very effectively. It hurt when the protagonist was so sharp to the heroine, but when her tears won him over once again it made up for all.

This was splendid.

FrogsoupFrogsoupover 15 years ago
Excellent!

You've written a very good story CAP, well-written and moving. The characters are very human. The direction was a bit predictable, but it was the only conceivable outcome (pardon the pun). Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
most unusual

A fascinating story, and certainly a most unusual one. With the set-up and the explanation, it is plausible. In any event, it is nicely written.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
O. Henry lives!

Of all the short stories I have read on the net, this is the one I will use as a standard. Bitter sweet, yet evoking the period beautifully this story will stay in my mind.

Thank you

Max

pope32767pope32767over 15 years ago
Beautifully done!

A superb re-creation of a lost time and place, with no false notes whatsoever.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 15 years ago
Thank you CAP

Finely wrought, well-conceived. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow

What a wonderful story! We don't read many like this one.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
thanks for your story

my world just got wider thanks to your story ,

i really enjoyed your story i was there.

it`s a pity it did`nt go on longer,

i would like to find out what happened to the young man with red hair and his sarah /lillan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Bravo

What a great story. It actually begs for a continuation.

It is not often that a short story can captivate like this one then have the legs to turn into a book.

I hope you take this story to the limit and conclude with Lillian and Adam and their son fading into the sunset.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
oh, WOW!

this story was absolutely amazing! i loveloveLOVED it!!! touching, tender, poignant. i was hooked from beginning to end. one of the best, if not THE best, i've read on this site! keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Another wonderful story

CAP811 - you really have the knack of writing very readable touching stories. Subtle and delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
superb

best writing i've read here, continue to amaze

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
BEAUTIFUL

BEAUTIFUL

artblueartblueover 3 years ago

"stygian darkness"...well, that sets a new level for this site....well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous