Warm Friends on Cold Nights

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And then he was there, standing next to our table like a fantasy come to life. With his hair, and those eyes... Oh damn he's cute. I want to say that the lights dimmed and the focus got all soft and music started playing, but none of that happened. He was just there.

"Shelby, right?" he asked looking at her. "From the Broad Street Cantina?"

"That's right," she responded brightly, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. "You've met Hannah, haven't you?"

"The hostess, right?" he extended his hand. "Hi Hannah, I'm Andy."

I was right! He goes by 'Andy'.

That small victory was just the boost of confidence I needed to shake his hand and reply. "Nice to meet you, I'm Hannah..." Oh God. "...but we've covered that already."

"'Hannah' like the palindrome?"

"Yes, exactly!" Not many people get that until you point it out. Recognizing my name as a palindrome was somehow even better than thinking it was a pretty.

"I gotta say, this is a really aggressive marketing campaign you're running. Thank you for the-" he paused to sniff the liquor in the shot glass, "Tequila?"

"It wasn't really my idea," I replied, eyeing Shelby.

"No sweetie, but it's your round. So what are we drinking to?" she smirked mischievously.

Oh you bitch! Think fast, Hannah girl. To unfulfilled yearnings? No. To nosey sluts who can't mind their own damn business? Hmm, no. To gorgeous guys with bedroom eyes that you just want to grab by the cock and drag into the—No! Something about friends, maybe?

"To, uh... to... warm friends... um... on cold nights," I finally managed to declare.

"To warm friends on cold nights," they agreed. Salt, shot, lime and I was off the hook.

I thought I was off the hook. Shelby nudged my shin with her toe under the table.

"So Andy, you, um... always come into the Cantina for lunch on Mondays. Is this like, your, uh, Monday dinner place?"

"No, no," he smiled. "I'm usually at home for dinner, but I had a deadline pushed up and ended up working late tonight. I guess maybe I am in kind of a rut for lunch though, huh?"

"What? No! Consistency is good," I fretted. Please don't stop coming in on Mondays. "We all need a routine, right?"

"So do you have a girlfriend at home that cooks for you?" Shelby asked bluntly, batting her eyelashes.

"Ah... no," Andy blushed. "I had a, uh... We broke up. I guess it's been almost six months ago now."

"Oh, that's a shame," Shelby lied patting his arm. "Hey, tell Hannah what you were telling me earlier about that book you're reading."

It turns out it was about nineteenth-century scientific research into spiritualism. That lead Shelby to ask if Andy was some kind of scientist. He's actually a structural engineer and spends most of his days out in the field doing inspections, but every Monday he's in the office for staff meetings and paperwork.

We ordered another round of drinks, a white wine spritzer for me, Guinness for him, and a Long Island iced tea for Shelby. From there, we talked about bartending but Shelby quickly turned the conversation to law school.

I found myself the center of attention talking about my classes and interesting case studies I'd worked on. Andy was charming and witty and inquisitive and everything I hoped he would be. We talked about travel and movies and music. Andy and I nursed our drinks while Shelby ordered another and pretended to be interested.

We had just started talking about a popular legal podcast that Andy and I had both listened to, when his phone rang.

He looked at the screen frowning with concern, then at his watch. "It's my little brother," he explained, standing up from the table. "I need to take this... Hey, Bryan." And he stepped away to the corner of the bar with his phone pressed to one ear and his fingers to the other, muffling the background noise.

"I think he likes you!" Shelby whispered... or rather she tried to whisper. Her volume control was a little out of control.

"Shhh! Do you really think so?"

"Oh sweetie, he is so into you!" she slurred, leaning across the table. "Are you gonna go home with him?"

"What?! No! I just met him."

She groaned and thunked her forehead against the table rattling the glasses, then gave me an exasperated look.

"Ok, firs...First of all Hannah, you've been pining over him for... I dunno... months," she explained, tripping over her consonants. "And second... what... what are you waiting for? Three dinner-and-a-movies before you put out? You're not in... in high school anymore, sweetie."

That actually sounded a lot like my usual modus operandi—shifted back a few years to college. Was I being silly? I mean, I really, really wanted to go to bed with him. But Andy seemed like the kind of guy who could be the real thing. I didn't want just a one night stand. I wanted so much more. But what if tonight was the best I was going to get?

"I'll tell you what, sweetie," Shelby proposed, sitting back on her stool unsteadily and fixing her glassy gaze on me. "If you don't fuck him tonight, I will."

Pretty sure my jaw dropped. I mean, what a horrible thing to say. "All's fair" might make a nice adage, but there are rules! It took me a second to realize that Shelby might be teasing me, but before I could challenge her, Andy was back at the table.

"Sorry about that," he explained. "He just wanted to borrow some camping gear. The asshole didn't realize how late it was... Speaking of which, I should probably hit the road."

Alright, this is actually good. We end tonight on a high note. We exchange phone numbers. Shelby gets off my case, Andy calls in a couple of days. This is good. Ok, deep breath, Hannah girl. Just tell him you had fun, and ask him-

"Nope!" Shelby interjected. "You, mister," she pressed a finger into Andy's chest, "are in no shape to drive. Nope. Trust me, Ima bartender. Lucky for you though... lucky for you I only live two blocks away. So you can sober up while you walk me home."

You brilliant slut! There was no way to say no to that. A gentleman wouldn't decline, and a creep would see his opportunity. A guy with an ego wouldn't see it as a first move, and a guy who needed some prodding would. How often had she pulled that trick when I didn't care enough to pay attention?

Andy looked like he couldn't decide if he should be embarrassed, or flattered. "Ok," he finally laughed. "Sure, I can walk you home."

I didn't know if Shelby was serious in her threat to sleep with him, and I didn't know if Andy was the type to take advantage of a drunk girl in a bar. He didn't seem like it. But it wasn't really something that had come up in conversation. So was he agreeing because he was a gentleman? Or a creep? It kinda made a big difference.

Whatever game Shelby was playing, she was going to force me to play along. Well, until I figured out the rules, I could just copy her moves.

"After that," I suggested, trying to keep the quaver out of my voice, "maybe you could walk me to my car?"

"Yeah, no problem Hannah," Andy smiled, and did he look a little relieved?

We settled the tab, and as we pulled on our coats, Shelby slid off her stool and tripped on her totally impractical heels. She stumbled into Andy, who caught her around the waist.

"Oo! You're strong!" she cooed, hanging off his shoulder and giving me wink.

Oh, it is on.

Except it really wasn't. Shelby is so far out of my league when it comes to men. If she really wanted him, I never even stood a chance.

Shelby started to shiver as soon as we stepped out into the bitter night, and Andy gave up his own coat to wrap over her shoulders. Definitely a tick in the 'gentleman' column. She clung to him for support as she staggered a weaving path, but between us we hustled her along as quick as we could through the icy wind that blew up the avenue from the waterfront.

At the front door to her building, Shelby was too far gone to find her keys, and broke down in fits of giggling, hanging off Andy as I had to dig through her purse. Of course there was no elevator in her building and she wasn't going to make it up three floors of stairs on her own. Andy wrapped her arms across his shoulders and hoisted her onto his back while I ran ahead to unlock her apartment.

Shelby probably woke up the rest of the building, whooping and laughing as Andy carried her.

"Hannah!" she called up the stairs, "You gotta ride him next! Wheee-hEE!"

I unlocked the door and was hit by a wall of hot air—Shelby's busted thermostat. Her apartment was a one-room studio with a kitchenette and bathroom. The bed and sofa were the only furniture of any note. She had scarves draped over the lamps, and when I flipped the switch inside the door, the room was filled with a reddish glow.

"Whoa! It's hot in here," Andy huffed as he came through the door with Shelby on his back.

"You're hot," Shelby mumbled, into Andy's neck. She had apparently spent the last of her energy on the exuberant trip up the stairs and was quickly losing coherence.

"Her thermostat's busted," I explained, taking Andy's coat off Shelby's shoulders. "Can you put her over on the bed?"

"Sure."

"Hannah!" Shelby giggled, with heavy eyelids, "Andy's taking me to bed!"

While Andy laid Shelby gently down on the double bed on top of the covers, I pulled her heels off and put them under the bed with her other shoes.

"Andy, c'mere," Shelby beckoned in a loud whisper, "C'mere, c'mere... I'm sorry, but... I'm too drunk to fuck tonight... Hannah, you gotta... you gotta fuck Andy... for me." And then her eyes fluttered shut and her head rolled to the side and she just sort of went limp on the bed.

Andy chuckled awkwardly, and I tried to laugh it off. In the reddish light, I couldn't tell if he was blushing, but I'm sure I was. Neither of us could make eye contact.

"I, uh... think... Should we put a trash can... or something... next to the bed? Before we go?" he finally asked. "...In case she gets sick?"

"Yeah, that's... that's probably a good idea."

As uncomfortable as it was in the apartment, I wasn't in a hurry to go back outside and try to hold a rushed conversation muffled through scarves and chattering teeth. I wanted a little more time to talk to Andy by myself. Fortunately, I'd picked up a trick from Shelby that night.

"I'm, um... I'm not as wasted as Shelby, but I'm probably not sober enough to drive just yet. Would you mind hanging around here for a bit?"

It wasn't a lie. The world definitely seemed soft around the edges.

"Oh, uh sure. It's been a long time since I've had tequila. It hit me harder than I thought. I should probably sober up a bit more too."

We hung our coats on the hooks next to Shelby's door, and it was so hot I pulled off my sweater too. The sofa was really the only place to sit, so we sat. Awkwardly.

He smiled at me, I smiled back, and we both laughed. We both started to say something at the same time. We laughed again and he told me to go ahead.

"You said you broke up with your ex about six months ago, right?" I asked. If Shelby could be so bold as to come right out and ask, well, it seemed to work.

"Yeah, about that."

"About the same time you started coming into Broad Street Cantina for lunch."

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah, I guess it was."

I was afraid of that.

"You must be really into Shelby, huh?"

That bashful smile again that just made my heart melt into my underwear.

"Shelby is, uh... Talking to Shelby every week is... it's been good for my ego. Even though I knew she was only flirting for a tip, having someone like Shelby pay attention to me for a few minutes... it was kind of the confidence boost I needed at the time. But no, Shelby's not really my type... She's kind of a bit much, isn't she?"

My heart almost leapt from my chest. He's not like every other guy on the planet—he's not after Shelby. He can see through all of her artifice, and he wants something more.

"Oh, yeah she is... but she means well, I think. In her own way," I agreed, absentmindedly twisting my hair around my finger. "It must have been a rough break up if your confidence took such a big hit."

"It was kinda brutal," he sighed. "I've never been really good at talking to women, y'know? But talking to bartenders is easy. I mean it's kinda part of their job, right?"

"Yeah, I get that. But... you're talking to me now."

"Alright, maybe it's more accurate to say I've never been good at starting conversations with women. Once a conversation is going, I can hold my own... But I always worry that whatever I say first is going to sound like a cheesy pick-up line, y'know? When I'm on the spot, my brain just locks up and by the time I come up with something suitable to say... I've usually missed my opportunity."

"Oh God, I'm the same way," I laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Y'know when Shelby told me to make a toast? I almost froze. I'm surprised you couldn't both hear the wheels grinding in my head trying to come up with words."

"Is that what that squeaking was?" he joked and we both laughed. "And at lunch today, when you brought out my order, I thought 'Hey, a chance to say something witty to the cute hostess' but the best I could come up with was 'I'm in good shape here.' I swear, after you left, I was kicking myself for being so stupid."

The cute hostess—that's me. He thinks I'm cute and he gets just as flustered as I do. Hannah girl, if you don't kiss him right this second, I will never forgive you.

The alcohol managed to restrain that part of me that usually slams on the brakes at this point, and I looked up at him and coaxed "Andy, if... if you want to kiss me... you should."

And then he leaned down and he kissed me. Oh God, Monday Guy's lips were actually on mine and his hand was caressing my face and I reached up around his neck and pulled him down to me and I kissed him back. It was everything I dreamed it would be, strong and confident and tender all at once. He tasted like wheat and coffee and hops.

His hand moved to the small of my back and we pulled ourselves into each other as his tongue slipped between my lips.

Making out on the sofa side-by-side soon became awkward, and my head spun as Andy pulled me up to him and I straddled his lap on my knees. I kissed him again. Time seemed to stand still as our lips mashed together and I was aware of every individual whisker of his soft beard that tickled my face.

My heart was racing and I was suddenly roasting in Shelby's overheated apartment. I could feel the perspiration beading on my forehead, on his neck. I broke our kiss and pushed away from Andy just long enough to peel my turtleneck off over my head and toss it aside. Briefly I wished I'd worn a nicer bra, but I didn't give Andy much time to look before my mouth was back on his and his hands were roaming over my slick, bare skin.

My fingers fumbled with the buttons of his shirt. His fingers drifted down my back into the waist of my jeans. I pushed one hand into his shirt and felt the sticky heat of his skin while I tugged his shirt tails free of his dockers.

I could feel him growing between my legs as his lips moved down my face to my throat. This was all moving too fast. I wanted to slow things down but I also wanted to feel his hardening cock in my hand, in my mouth, in my cunt. Hannah girl, how far is this going to go?

With my eyes half closed, lost in the sensation, I let my head roll to the side and he nibbled up my neck to my ear as I ran my fingers through his soft hair.

And then she moved.

Shelby sat up in bed. I froze and Andy immediately sensed the change in my demeanor. He looked up and we both watched as Shelby stood up, stumbled across the room passing us without a glance, and closed the bathroom door behind her.

"Did she even see us?" Andy wondered aloud after a moment of dazed silence.

"I don't know... It was like she was sleep walking."

"Should we go? I mean, she seems to be alright..."

There was that sensuously firm cock that I had fantasized about so many times nestled right up against my sweltering nether regions separated by only a few layers of fabric. I wasn't ready to pull myself away.

"Not yet. Let's see what happens when she comes out," I answered and pressed my open lips to his again. He didn't argue.

We heard the toilet flush and I ground myself against his erection. Water running in the sink and he pushed a hand down the back of my underwear. There was a passionate desperation in our hands and our lips and our tongues as we both tried to milk every second we could from Shelby's absence until-

The bathroom door opened.

We both froze and squinted at Shelby standing in the doorway, silhouetted against the harsh fluorescent light behind her. I was afraid even the slightest motion might draw her attention and rouse her from her stupor. I should have guessed she was faking.

"Aww, look at you two, still on second base," she remarked, flicking off the bathroom light. "Andy takes his time. I like that."

"Jesus Shelby, why are you naked?!" Suddenly bathed in the hot red glow of the dim lamp, she stood there in all her glory. Whatever she paid for those tits, she really got her money's worth.

"The better question," she giggled, stepping clumsily up behind me, "is why aren't you?" With a quick twist she unhooked my bra. I crossed my arms over my chest as the straps went slack.

"Shelby!" I shrieked. I was so humiliated. Comparing my own chest to Shelby's, I would have jumped up and run from the room if Shelby's hands hadn't been on my shoulders holding me down on Andy's lap. How the Hell could he be interested in me after seeing... those?

"What are you waiting for, sweetie?" She kissed my cheek and slid the bra straps off my shoulders before kneeling down behind me and pushing her hand up between my legs into Andy's crotch and stroking his cock through his pants. "I mean Andy clearly wants you."

Somehow, the room got even hotter.

Andy, for his part, seemed dumbfounded. The expression on his face shifted from confusion to arousal to embarassment and back, but as Shelby fondled his groin that bashful smile flit across his face again.

"Ooo, he's a big boy too," Shelby cooed, stroking his ego as well.

"I'll tell you what, Andy," she offered as she curled up on the sofa beside us. She pressed right up against him as I sat in his lap holding my bra against my chest. "If little Hannah won't take care of you tonight, you can always give me another ride." And she kissed him on the cheek and winked at me.

I still didn't know what game she was playing or why, but I was getting a little sick of Shelby judging my sex life. Best friend or not, she was starting to piss me off.

To his credit, Andy just looked flustered. He didn't try to reach for Shelby's perfect tits, or make some lewd comment. Since Shelby appeared, his hands hadn't moved from my waist and he looked to be at an absolute loss for words.

"Fine!" I spat. "Andy, do you usually sleep with girls you pick up in bars?"

"I, uh... No... no, not usually..."

"Good. Me neither. What do you say we break some rules tonight?"

I pulled my bra off and tossed it aside. Andy looked. He glanced up to my eyes and smiled then looked back to my chest and took me in his hands. Oh God, I almost swooned at the feeling of Monday Guy's strong hands embracing my supple tits.

"Yeah, ok," he grinned. "I could break rules for you."

With my hands on top of his, I showed him just how I liked to be touched. He learned quickly and I went back to kissing him, fully aware of Shelby smirking at us just a few inches away.

I reached down to open Andy's belt buckle, and when Shelby reached in to help, I smacked her hands away. Mine! Go find your own.

"Mmm, she's getting possessive, Andy," she whispered in his ear. "You're going to have us fighting over your cock before the night's over. I hope you're up to it."