All Comments on 'Watching the Clouds'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 299 Comments
DanzebuDanzebu10 days ago

I liked the story very much. It was both sad and gut wrenching what Ralf went thru. And I think the reconciliation went a bit too fast and too easy for Anna given what she'd done to Ralf. I'm certain I could not so quickly forgive or accept a cheating wife who became a prostitute, knowing she had probably had sex with hundreds of other men. It would require much more regret, repentance, and restitution on her part.

Tarloso2Tarloso22 months ago

2nd tomee reading it...it's good, but somehow bad...is it her redemption...his rebirth...I think it's a well done peice of writing that beats the rote repetition of many writers

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯😉😉😉😉👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌👌👌🎉😁👋😉🤷🍺🍺🍕🍕🙋

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aa3 months ago

This has been one of the most thought provoking stories I've read in a long time. Really enjoyed how they both interacted, slow but steady, to begin their new relationship... Boring? No. Slow to build? Maybe. Emotional? Yes, in a good way. 5 big stars for a wonderful tale of reconciliation of two broken lovers...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You say in the forward: "this story might be regarded as exceedingly boring".

How can you possibly think that? This is one of the best stories on here. Also one of the most original. 5 stars. Cool story man

Jalibar62Jalibar624 months ago

Very well written and thought-provoking. At first read thru, I might have liked to see reconciliation with his friends. But think it will happen anyway and so really not necessary for the story. Thanks for sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Read again. I'm not sure I would have taken her back but then again, I'm not psychologically damaged so he surely gets a pass. This story strikes me as art. It's make a living from writing good.

A_BierceA_Bierce4 months ago

Brilliant writing. Third reading, and I continue to find new things at which to marvel. He locked his emotional self in the abyss, but she had the key—she was the personification of the weather and the sea, which sustained him until she returned.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

I think the people arguing against this reconciliation are just projecting their own feelings and not taking into account Ralf's situation. As paradoxically as it sounds, Anna is the only one who can undo the damage that Anna caused to Ralf and even if he never becomes the "old Ralf" (and I suspect he never will) whatever happiness he can achieve is directly related to having a relationship with his ex-wife. It's poignantly sad that even after he has emotionally abandoned the world, the only thing that endures and remains is his love for Anna. He cannot rid himself of the root cause of his pain. In that sort of situation, how could Ralf make any decision other than the one he had? In fact, this is probably the best outcome for him, because if Anna herself had been just a bit more selfish, or a bit less damaged, she would have tried to put the past behind her and move on - and I suspect she knows that this would be the best thing to do for her, but just like Ralf - she can't quit him. I know more than one couple like Anna and Ralf in this way. Two people who just simply are tied together no matter what - no matter how much they fight or hurt each other, or even try to get with other people, they always come back together. It's their fate and it's generally a tragic one because even though they can't rid themselves of each other, they also seem to be unable to bridge the gaps that keep pushing them apart. One can only hope that in this case, Anna and Ralf can make it work, because I think the alternative for them both would be horrible.

A very excellent and thought provoking story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Agree with prior commenters about Anna's immense betrayal, but on the flip side she us the only one who can stand his emotionless demeanor and at the same time (apparently) the only one who can make him feel. Pretty sure the end is a deep metaphor for reconciliation but for a new Anna with a new and dated Ralf. The old Ralf would never be able to forgive or reconcile. How could he? But the new and damaged Ralf has nothing in his life but the new Anna. Author makes it pretty clear that the damage to his emotional centers means he cannot properly process the memory of her betrayals, both the direct and the indirect. But even him saying he does not trust her completely is a big deal. The new Anna's abject devotion is changing him. Ans she isn't doing it only out of remorse. No one would shoulder the immense burden of the new, damaged Ralf only due to remorse. Her drug habit destroyed both their lives, him in a much more devastating way. The Old Anna was an illusion throughout most or all of their short marriage. Objectively to the normal reader, the fact that she is the one who is able to reach the MC and help heal him, while potentially loathsome for some, is immaterial, because she is the ONLY one either willing or capable of getting through to him. So all that matters is the MC's subjective feelings about the new Anna. And so far she has bigger impact in a positive way in just a few weeks than anyone or anything else in two years. While the story leaves the ending open, the metaphor for watching clouds meand he has accepted thr new Anna into his life and they will be together. Possibly as he begins to feel more, though we don't know to what extent, some.negative emotions like anger and resentment will arise. But suspect the new Anna will not only tolerate those but perform whatever penance to appease those emotions. The point is that with her, he feels again. And to him it is feels good to feel and the lady thing he wants is to go back to an existence where he is waiting to get old and die. So yeah objectively what Anna did to him was off the charts horrifying, both direct and indirect betrayals, but the author set up such that shenis the only one who can make his life remotely even a little happier. Hence their reconciliation, while a.work.in progress at the end of the story, is more or less predestined as they wtahc the clouds. She is devoted to the new Ralf and rhe new Ralf can feel some.measure of happiness with the new Anna. Dark, deep, but also poignant story about humanity and human relationships. Essentially his emotional malaise and the trauma from the pimps vicious assault was a huge rest button. And to be fair, no one else was associating with him. Seems asinine to wish for the new Ralf to die alone. What would be the point? This ending while unexpected is the only one that can be considered remotely happy.

Tarloso2Tarloso25 months ago

Surprisingly enjoyable a metaphor in a story and well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great writing but taking a cheating cunt that has cheated with likely HUNDREADS of men is disguting, it might even be thousands. There is no reconciliation here she never loved him or respected him enough to be honest or faithful, she even had her simp pimp attack him, she is a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not boring- poignant. Emotional paralysis is horrifying. Broken but put back together? Excellent description of mental and emotional states, explicit and implicit. Thank you. This made a Chistmas flu à bit more bearable. Thank you.

MarrttyMarrtty5 months ago

Weird but good thanks

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very dark and a little disturbing but very readable just the same. You just have to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

If this story was with a different girl after the incident it would be good. The monolog of how he is feeling is exhalent for me. Almost been in his place that's why I know its good. Very feeling written bit. She to a large part follows him or by making one word statements is enough to start him talking at his pace. Well worth coming back to read this even if its keeps one grounded and to find one has gone past this point at last.

NallusNallus7 months ago

Sounds like a college student who lost her way with drugs, and fooled family and friends, until it all came crashing down. Her parents rescued her, and once straight, the determined young woman made her choice to right her wrong.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germany7 months ago

The whore: What I've done to you is horrible, what Brock did to you was even worse.

I don't think so. In my opinion her secret life as a drug addicted whore is horrible, and if she had given me this sentence she'd have dug her hole just so much deeper.

The whole story is just too far out there. It's my firm belief that a person like Anna is not really able to be deeply in love, not to the degree to give her the resolve to build back Ralf.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut7 months ago

That is one hell of a talent to get people (OK me) to invest in these characters.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Take her back?... umm, why?😕... she's a drug addicted lying slut, who almost had her pimp beat him to death😕... how would he even be able to TRUST her after all the lies, the cheating and the brutal beating her pimp gave him?.🙆🏽. I wouldn't even trust her in my house, let alone sleep in the same bed with her. The person he fell in love with was just a facade. A character she created, she was NEVER the woman he fell for. Is there no other woman in whatever world he's living in? I would rather be alone with a bunch of dogs and cats than to just settle for some drugged out slut🤭.. I didn't like this story... reconciliation is just not possible with Anna. Too much has happened and can't be taken back.. kids? He wants to have kids with her?😑... something is truly truly wrong with him. Where is his caretaker?.. his judgment is way off. He's literally trying to turn a dope fien whore into a housewife.. he already tried that and nearly died🤦🏾‍♀️.. he should've been counting his blessings they didn't have kids and he didn't waste decades on THAT.. instead he's in this woe is me cycle of " I don't care", I feel nothing".. but suddenly she shows up and he's getting back to normal??? Huh?...why was she the only one that could "save" him?...he obviously had severe brain damage from that vicious beating... I can't see me clinging on to the same person that did this to me. why wasn't she charged? She's the reason he was beaten. She should've been charged.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great to read something so well written and way beyond the usual on this site.

ChopinesqueChopinesque10 months ago

Very interesting characters here. This story is all about the two principle characters.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loved it in a strange sort of way, would love another chapter

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

The return of the sheep-dog. Love this sad love story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Two deeply injured parties, one of whom should hate the other, isolated from others, building a new relationship piece by piece, without testing it. As long as it remains the two of them, in an old house by the sea, perhaps they make it work. If/when they reengage with the world, we’ll see what happens.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

I was relieved (but also delighted) that the dog came back.

BlueHemiBlueHemiabout 1 year ago

I love it. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After reading this story twice and almost 270 comments iconic conclusion that well as much as I hate to say this I kind of agree with harryin va.

.

The opening of the story and the description of events is absolutely masterful in the 1st 2 pages. My heart was in my mouth reading the 1st 2 pages of this shocking betrayal which occurs to this ordinary decent.

.

But far too many people here are consumed with the idea that he should have know his wife was a drug addict . That he should of know that his wife had dropped out of school. I don't happen to think that's true. There are lots of drug addicts and alcoholics which hide their true nature on a daily basi

.

The real problem is kind of what Harry hinted at. She shows up hes completely dead to the world and dead to her. She shows up again the next day with the rainstorm and the next day she's sleeping in his guest room and now the talking about getting married again.

..

The issue is not the reconciliation. The issue is how Does the husband go from being dead to her and the world and not caring about his whore drug addict prostitute wife.... to talking about getting back together again without 1st asking critical questions like how could you do that to me.?

.

I guess what I'm saying here is that the reconciliation takes place way too fast and doesn't make any sense given the unbelievable trauma and the fact that he was almost beaten to death by her pimp..

.

I don't understand how this author can go from the 1st 2 pages of this masterpiece to a really crappy ending like that where the husband doesn't even say anything or never bother to ask any question about what she did to him.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 1 year ago

Irregardless of your pre-read notes, this story is quite good, even masterful. You drag up some deep feelings and emotions while almost down playing them to numbness. The characters at one point seem shallow, then seem almost over flowing ecstasy. You create dialogue with no speaking. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Even allowing for writing in a second language and possibly different cultural understandings, this is drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too weird. He is obviously psychotic, traumatized & has PTSD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ralf is is too hollow to see Anna is scum made for the streets, why he would ever take her back makes no sense. Fantasy world the good guy takes the cunt back but in the real world Ralf would never give her the time of day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The betrayal and the beating damaged the emotional center of his brain and the old Ralf died that night. He is a new, broken, hollow shell. Everyone else abandoned him. She probably had a drug habit even before they got married. He never knew the real Anna. She hid it from him, but then it got out of control and she went out as a prostitute for money for drugs, getting high while "working" in order to get through the night and the guilt. Her "research" had gotten more frequent as her addiction was destroying her. She was high when she flipped put and the pimp went nuclear. Since he is broken, none of his friends or.anyone can deal with him. She went to rehab and therapy and got cleaned up and decided out of love and penance (not just remorse) to try to heal him, taking anything she can get from him. Sure sure learned early how broken he has become. Apparently she is the only person that elicits any emotional response even if muted. If he had normal emotional responses, he would.not get back together with her, despite her cleaning herself up and trying yo makes amends. Basically she is his therapy "pet" with benefits. Weird story but something haunting about it. Without the brain damage, he woukd not probably be speaking with her. Her betrayal was quite enormous. And despite her abject remorse and penance, no self respecting man with functional amygdala would reconcile with her, especially with the brutal assault. Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Doing anything other than stabbing her in the face is ridiculous.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

I can feel this story.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

A truly incredible read. The emotions captured are quite palpable. A very intense story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I re-read this story quite often, there are several other stories on this site that I do the same with. Thank you!!! BH

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Countless re-reads on this lovely written story. Always an emotional pick-up for me. Truly one of the best on LW

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

This has been in my list of favorites for a long time, and I often re-read it.

Frankly, it's far from being perfect. Rather, there are too many ambiguities. Things do not happen like this.

Oddly though, the story feels nice and fulfilling. Two damaged persons rediscovering each other and feeling better.

Good story Stev2244!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Oddly interesting. Makes me wonder what my reaction would be.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

I didn't quite understand everything I think?

the guy is supposedly broken, an empty shell.

But she arrives, touches his hand, smiles, and it's resolved, he's cured!

I don't call that being broke, he was just sulking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank goodness for Anna. At least she has something of interest to say, unlike Ralf with his unremitting 'I don't care', 'it's not important', 'I don't have an opinion', etc. He must have been just as moribund before the beating if he could be married all that time to a drug addicted prostitute and completely fail to notice.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 1 year ago

I love the pace of that story.

The plot isn't so good however, living with a drug addicted prostitute for years and not noticing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Apparently the beating caused brain damage, since that’s the only reason why a man would take her back.

She should have been charged as an accessory to attempted murder since she called out to the pimp.

ZK

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Quite difficult to understand how Ralf can cope with Anna after the severe beating. I cannot see how he could get past that, regardless of whether or not Brock went to prison. I also find it hard to believe that he could live with a drug-dependent prostitute for 10 years without him or his close friends, Andi and Basti, noticing that something was off. That said, I did like the slow pace, I didn't mind the open ending, and I didn't find it boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! Thank you @stev2244

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic wimp and cuckold .

Disgusting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can't be bothered to rate this. I just don't care enough to spend the energy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs part 2 and it could go a couple of ways. 1: She continues using funded by him, eventually cheating with other users and/or her supplier. 2: She gets serious about her sobriety. Surprised that her detox program didn't set her up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a horrible story, with detestable characters. She's a drug addiction, and a whole, and when her husband finds out he's almost beaten to death, but not quite, and left physically and emotionally scarred for life. She should be practicing her trade in the prison with her pimp. Instead, she walks back into his life and says "I'm sorry, I'll be good now", and he says "Ok". Happily ever after. WTF!?!? 1 star, and that's too many.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Took me a moment to remember that I had read this before AND HATED IT. Whew! That was close.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99almost 2 years ago

Synopsis: He fell in love with a junkie; her lifestyle and infidelity destroyed him. He retreated inside himself, afraid to reach out. She gets clean, comes to find him, and tries to fix him by loving him. He is starting to return to the living, but trusting her is a giant risk. If she falls again, he won't survive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yeah, because going back with a junkie hooker and giving her access to your bank accounts is always such a great idea. Not to even mention stds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 for a well executed, interesting experiment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can relate to your character as I watch my marriage and world crumbling around me. Not for any related reasons kind you. Your story does give me a glimmer of hope. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written story especially if your native language is German. Yes, your bio says you are from Germany but you could be an Ex-pat so you can think and write in English. After six years over there I still had to mentally translate what I wanted to say let alone write. Picky points; around 2006 drug addition was considered a disease and rehab is covered under the German State medical system so Anna's parents would not have to pay for treatment; I doubt if any bodyguard (Brock) would beat a customer for touching but a hard slap would discourage any further contact,

Some interesting sights to see in those Red Light areas and they are relatively safe if you aren't drunk and stupid.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 2 years ago

Ralf is married to a drug addicted prostitute and he had no idea until he accidentally sees her on the street working? Brock her pimp tries to kill Ralf just because she calls his name? Really good writing but to start with plot holes this big was hard for me to overcome.

Turning502019Turning502019about 2 years ago

I enjoyed all the internal dialogue from Ralf.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Certainly well written but about as realistic and a MAGA MENSA member.

It went exactly where anyone with any cognitive abilities figured it would go.

The big issue is is after what she had done, and he found out, no way 2 years later he'd still love her. None whatsoever. Thats why this flowery deep story falls on it face in the end. There is no way this could go from point A to point B. Of course there is also the fact that he s clearly a cuck with dependency issues, which could make this get from point A to point B.

So if we accept what he must be in order to achieve the end you wrote well then...you wrote a cuck story. The only other option is to admit this is pure fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If prose can ever be poetry, it'd be something like this. Beautiful. As for the particulars of the story, they matter to the extent that Ralf cares. Anna is all in, will accept what he can give. Don't think it's penance. Feels like love. Somehow I think that this wonderful use of language has infected me! Did I mention 5 stars? Well, now I did.

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Really, really weird -- but a good weird. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He deserved way better.

But maybe Anna can become that better person. I don't think it's smart nor wise. But she's really crawling on broken glass for him. And I hate to say it, but this frail man needs an Anna in his life. It doesn't have to be HER, but someone with her false bravado and bubbly attitude. In fact, he's better off with anyone else. But if he's that invested in becoming an introverted hermit...and she's willing to bring him back then why not.

I will say this though, drug addictions are rarely that easy to overcome. It's usually tied in with trauma and mental illness. I had an ex that was mentally unstable, and came from a bad home life. They only did recreational drugs like weed at first. Then it became hard liquor. Then it became Xanex. Soon enough they were huffing paint and doing anything for another fix. Suffice it to say I kicked them to the curb. I....think...they are better now? Not sure. I don't keep tabs on them. But they did harass me every so often so it was hard to completely get rid of them. Problem is an addiction is a poison. It corrupts the mind and the actions of the person using. And if you can cure it fast enough, you may be able to MOSTLY rescue the person. But sadly, many of them come back half a person....if they come back at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it. It feels as if I were to write a story it would have been like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No such thing as "zero stars". If you vote you are forced to give at least one star. If you don't vote your neither raising or lowering the score as only votes are counted. I guess you would have preferred that he was unintentionally hit by a truck and survived rather than be intentionally destroyed with a beating, but the story would have no cohesiveness. How do you feel about stealing a wife or bankrupting a wife beater?

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - Sorry BUT any kind of violence automatically gets ZERO stars.

I marked 1 just to knock down your average.

Anyway, after such a severe beating NO NORMAL human being would or even could consider a RAAC like this.

It is just too far beyond FANTASY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too short, too stupid a reconciliation, just not a great story

AnAncientAnAncientover 2 years ago

The major problem with this is that it is too short! It double its length and still not long enough!

The subtleties appeal to me. Not everything has to be super exciting ad full of dramatic action.

I would like to know more about his emotional struggles after the beating The transition from acceptance of her presence at the end to having sex is too fast and smooth -- there should be some setbacks and odd awkwardnesses.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

You can't understand

a user's mind.

But try with your books

and degrees

If you let yourself

go and open your mind

I'll bet you'd be doing like me

And it ain't so bad.

What's my drug of choice?

Well, what have you got?

I don't go broke

And I do it a lot

Say I do it a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really nice piece.

donjuan1954donjuan1954over 2 years ago

Push her off the cliff.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Read it again. It reminds me of an excellent movie from the early 60's, I think, starring Kim Novac as a prostitute ( Of Human Bondage ). She and your character are similar. Kim should have won an academy award and your story should be regarded as a classic even with (or maybe because of) your ending.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 2 years ago

A well-written and interesting story with multi-dimensional characters. I’m sad it’s not longer, I want to see where they go after this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So, let’s recap; he finds out that his wife has lied to him, she’s not a full-time student but a street prostitute. She has her pimp beat him up

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 2 years ago

I fucking hate It and love It at the same time.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. I couldn't tell if he suffered brain damage that stifled his emotions or an acute case of depression. Either way she seems good for him. I try not to judge people. I know people that were once close friends that became addicted to drugs or alcohol, dropped out of school, did what they had to, to survive or became injured and disabled. You try to stay in contact with them but after a while the things that you had in common that kept you together aren't there anymore and you slowly grow apart. Sometimes they start to resent you because things in your life that take priority like work and family start to limit the amount of time you have to visit with them and through no fault of there own there lives have stopped progressing while others around them continue to progress; getting married, having children, getting better jobs, promotions, grandkids etc. You still send Birthday and Christmas Cards. Pretty soon you find it hard to find time to see your old friends that weren't as fortunate as you and when you do take the trip to the little house where there progression halted you find that you are almost strangers with little to talk about except those same old memories that you've talked about a hundred times and just about everybody else even their families have abandoned them. So, whether it was love or guilt that caused Anna to dedicate her life to better his is really special. You don't see that very often. My money is on love because guilt eventually goes away or kills you. Thank you for the entertainment.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

On principle I hate it, but your Writing is so compelling.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Wouldn’t have played the mc’s way, but the story is impressive writing.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story, dark and unhappy. Both are working hard to heal,.hope they make it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Very Strange

Very thought provoking tale. Will Ralf ever be himself? How about the whore? Who exactly was she? He never really knew her. She was just a whore junkie. And he lost himself. Needs more info. Could be great.

Raleighman53Raleighman53almost 3 years ago

Can someone recover a relationship that never existed? Probably not ninety-nine percent of the time. That doesn't mean this isnt a beautiful story. Just the possibility of the love he had for her actually causing her metamorphosis from what she was, to what they both wanted makes this story worth telling. Those of you pointing out that this wouldn't happen sound so bitter. Like people unwilling to risk anything for the prize they desire. You know the saying. No risk, no reward. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry. I find this a whole load of unbelieveable shit. He is married to a woman with a professional career. But he finds out it was all a lie in one insanely painful instant. She doesn't work in an office doing research. She is a heroin addicted prostitute. Their entire relationship has been a lie. Then on top of it. When she realizes he knows? Thar her lies have been found out? And her life with him is over? She orders her pimp to beat him. And he is beaten very badly. Life threateningly bad.

And he takes her back? Allows her back into his life? Somebody posted an earlier comment about fairy tales. This is one.

She will always be a drug addict. Always feel like shooting up or snorting her next fix. And all it will take is one time. And she'll be back turning tricks again. Nobody. Do not care how hollow they are...would ever trust her again. Ever. Let alone trust her with access to bank accounts. Money. Household management. Preparing his food. Having children? No way. Not believable.

I might fuck her...then throw a few 20s at her, and tell her to get in her car with the bad exhaust and go away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Reconciliation stories are tough to make believable. This one doesn't make it.

--

"Did you like the Anna that you thought you had?"

I just nod again. "Loved her."

"I've never been her but I always wanted to be."

--

He loved and continues to love someone who never existed and the basis for the reconciliation is that she now says she's going to try to be that person. The song says, "Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you ..." but that's certainly not the way to bet.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

I can see that the comments are split. I really liked the whole story. Being a recovering alcoholic/addict, I understand what emotions both are going thru. Trust and honesty are big and as the last few paragraphs states, it will take time. They both have all the time in the world. This, for me, is a wonderfully written tale about "change". Earning and building what was lost. 5/5 stars and keep up the good work.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
This is one of those LWs story that sticks with me.

First read it 2-3 years ago, when I first became an active reader here. Since then I keep in the back of my mind as a comparison for any other RAAC stories. She truly loves him. She is truly contrite. She’s willing to live in near abject poverty to be near him. And perhaps most important, she was truly “sick” when they first got together (have to consider drug addiction as a sickness), so she was already “weak” to something. And it wasn’t someone else, nor something she cannot cure. And though addictive personalities is a weakness, which indirectly has her having sex outside the marriage, it isn’t a direct weakness such as if she was a full blown slut who had to fuck anything with a dick, which IS difficult to cure.

No. She seems to truly have kicked the lifestyle. She is incredibly and genuinely contrite. And it’s obvious she is still very very much in love. This is one of those RAAC-is-ok-with-me stories. Oh. And without her he is truly broken.

For me this has become a Literotica LW Classic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Shit story, reconciling with a prostitute is wayyy tooo fantasy. No sane man would date a prostitute, they need to stay single sluts on the streets where they belong, a loving married life is too good for them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Taking back a crackhead prostitute LOL Get the fuck outta here!!! Anna is scum and Ralf shouldve moved on long ago from that cheating cunt.

jkon77jkon77almost 3 years ago

Thank you for a very nice story, quite well written, with a lot of emotion, paradoxical, given the theme of the story.

Some critics say that Anna's drug addiction and prostitution should have been seen by Ralf.

Maybe true, but any story out of the ordinary reality reports does entail some suspension of disbelief. The point is that it has to come naturally and not being forced, which, in my opinion, is the case here.

I do concur with a few critics, who, while appreciating your story, remark that the reconciliation is a bit fast.

It's a question of balance:

Since you took a lot of time to describe his emotional state, and how deep its was, than the time to heal should also take more space in your story. Though difficult, it would not be boring for the people who appreciated the former part of your story.

Anyway, many thanks for the time you spent writing this story, and for sharing your talent with us.

helix247helix247almost 3 years ago

First person masterpiece. Reminds me of novelist Nicholson Baker.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Something different and new from you. I must say that I liked it. The character "hollow man" was well done and believable. Also the re emergence of the new Ralf. Plus the do and sheep were a nice human touch. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gross

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Few stories here touch on the difference between sex and love. Sex is the fun we can have with love, but it is not love, we can have sex without love and love without sex but sex can not sustain us, grow us, nurture us, only love can do that. So many of literotica’s authors dwell on the rage and the vengeance inspired by infidelity, few on the power of love to overcome them. Misogyny has it’s roots in this error in the human heart, the error of love and possession. I loved this story for all its short comings because it clearly made out the case for the true power of love, the true eroticism.

VersatekVersatekabout 3 years ago

I think this would make a good short film. Turn it into a screenplay and see what happens!

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Pretty good. They're both obviously damaged in a bad way, but doesn't hurt for them to be broken together. Any relapse is definitely going to kill both of them, though. Probably in a literal sense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous