All Comments on 'Wealth Pt. 01'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 9 years ago

A very entertaining story. Love the cliff hanger. But why the self-depreciation at the end. This is not "stupid shit" and you do not "suck" at writing this story. I look forward to part 2.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
this is the wrong category to attract readers

but there is no "right" placement.

It IS a tale of teenage uncertainty, of exploration, curiosity, attraction, and discovery.

Well written

thought provoking

stimulating

and

filled with way too much pathos to absorb.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Global warming is man-made

The global warming thing on page 2 not being our fault is BS, there's a reason more than 90% of scientist are convinced that global warming is man-made. Everything that teacher said just made me cringe. It could have been a flat-earther teaching, and the scientific level would be about the same.

The author should stay away from writing about stuff like that if he's not willing to do his homework.

Since the sixties satellites have been been measuring infrared radiation from the Earth, and corroborating that with long term temperature measurements on Earth and the increase of Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere like CO2.

There are natural climate fluctuations from solar output, but it has already been established in the scientific community, that it's not enough to explain the actual heat levels we have

On the other hande, verything fits the explanation that the Earth is heating up and it's our fault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
SCIENTISTS WHO DISAGREE

The comment just before me (titled: Global warming is man-made) propounds and summarizes well, a common media-supported view.

An opposing view is from scientists who are sometimes called global warming skeptics.

An example is Dr. Richard Lindzen. His Wikipedia article identifies him as an American atmospheric physicist who for 30 years was Professor of Meteorology at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and who published more than 200 scientific papers and books. Note that his field is climatology, unlike too many others for whom global warming has become a political issue rooted in hearsay and repeated mantras rather than climatological studies. [An example of repeated misinformation is the 90% mentioned in the previous comment, which number has been debunked as based on faculty, slanted research.]

Lindzen's article in the Wall Street Journal and his discussion on Prager University (May 25, 2020) are among resources available on the internet.

Another example is Dr. Patrick J. Michaels, who for 30 years was a research professor of Environmental Sciences at University of Virginia. Articles plus YouTube interview are available on the internet.

[Note that both Lindzen and Michaels are scientists whose field is climatology and whose mature views come after a lifetime of research.]

"Why Scientists Disagree About Global Warming" is an interesting read (www.heartland.org), as are other resources from The Heartland Institute.

When searching "global warming" on the internet, it may be necessary to search far into the listings that first come up, since internet providers are biased against research that disagrees with the popular, politically correct (incorrect) view and sometimes bury them deep in available listings (if they allow them at all).

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Wealth Series Info