Weight of Penumbra Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You cannot love me. Will you kill me when your soul finally makes you love Sebol?"

Her words were like daggers tipped with poison. I had just told the first person in my life that I loved them and she threw it back at me. my mouth twitched to say something hard. "Kiowa, I love you. you alone."

"Gaelen, I think you should go."

I turned to leave because she scared me she had so much raw hurt. I can't believe what I had done. I was angry I felt betrayed.

"You didn't trust me"

"What do you mean?"

"Kiowa, you didn't trust me with your most sacred secret? How was I to react, finding out from Sebol?"

She looked stunned like she had never considered how I felt. I felt more than betrayed, I lost too. "You would have killed me."

"But I didn't"

"You were ready to kill me, turn me into that unnatural shell."

"But I didn't!" I know I was getting angry because a warm unnatural wind blew over her shoulders. but she didn't flinch. she just stood steady, glaring at me.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you kill me/?"

"You know why?"

"Why"

"Why are you playing cat and mouse games with me?"

"I need to hear you say why?" gone was my little mouse attempting to be a cat, she was growing bolder. desperation made her lip tremble.

I stepped into her small room, it was very small for a girl to share with her parents. My little mouse shrank back a bit as I towered over her, I felt like the room was going to swallow me it was so small, but I ignored it and pulled Kiowa tightly to me. My lips grabbed what was mine, my lips captured hers, painfully because I didn't know if she was going to come back if I was ever going to see her again. I pulled her tight against my body because I wanted to smell her sweet perfume, her soft curves that guided my fingers in an enticing journey. I wanted her to know, I wanted her, I had always wanted her. i loved this human girl.

When I released her, she seemed to stumble back stunned her fingers trembled as she touched her puffy kissed lips. Her doe-brown eyes searched mine trying to comprehend what I was telling her. My little mouse, so unsure, so fragile. So beautifully human.

"Gaelen," Taxa barked from behind me stepping into Mouse's sanctuary and she scurries back against the broken plastered wall. I gnashed my teeth and turned to my second towering over me impatient but I was in charge.

"What?!" I spat and his eyes narrowed on me with silver slits.

"What is your plan? Are you going to finish her?"

Kiowa gasped and trembled, her eyes in panic darted to the bedroom door. She was more concerned about her mother than her own life. She then calmed and took a step forward with her arms closed tightly and she nodded and waited. Shit, she expected me to kill her.

Anesola climbed gracefully through the window in time before my temper flared. "Taxa, relax. Today is not the day."

Taxa licked his lips like a lion ready to eat its prey as he turned away.

"Leave us," I commanded Taxa and he gave me a warning glance that meant if this trip wasn't worth his while soon, he may make it worthwhile soon on his own.

"This is how you live?" Anelsola surprised me interrupting my thoughts. He looked around Kiowa's bedroom amused by some of the human artifacts that were saved from Before Eclipse. "It's freezing in here."

"It depends on if your kind decides to give us heat in the winter."

"That can't be?" Anelsola shook his head distraught and then turned fully to Mouse, his arms crossed inspecting her from head to toe. I knew what he was thinking. I felt the disapproval burn deeper into my soul. Not only was I a defect but I manage to completely mess things up further by falling in love with the only human on campus.

"She's is very pretty," Anelsola said and startled me making me jump as he patted me hard on my back. He then climbed out of the window to calm down Taxa probably rubbing his palms ready to bring a new Eclipse to the small colony. "Be quick Brother, we have to get back."

I approached Mouse quietly on paws like a cat. I wrapped her in my arms and smelled her lovely hair. "It will be ok. I promise you. Know this, I do love you, Kiowa Walker. It will be ok. I figure something out."

And finally, she exhaled.

********♔✯✮✰********** ♕❧•❥Oº **********

Dear Readers,

SURPRISE! The sequel to A Wider Sky! The BEYOND ECLIPSE saga continues!!

I've been dying to post this chapter since I posted the last chapter of the first book, A Wider Sky. But I was in the midst of finalizing some important bits in the plot and didn't want to start posting book 2 until the right moment.

I've been working on this series it seems for ages. I am still in the midst of writing and editing, but I will try not to leave you hanging on the adventure ahead in Y'vori world. I hope you will enjoy book 2, it's double the length of A Wider Sky.

If you like this story and want to hear some of the music I am listening while writing these books find my comments below.

If you listen and figure out the plot let me know.

I love your feedback. So please comment below.

Cheers and Happy Reading,

Talyis