All Comments on 'Welcome to the Neighborhood Ch. 09'

by thealphamale

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I’m definitely growing more and more attached to this story with each passing sentence.

It’s one of the few works that actually makes me feel emotional - the full range of emotions and for that, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I agree with the previous anon. The story gets better as it progresses. My heart broke just a little today. Cory could have told Nick before he arrived bag in hand for their weeeknd away. Well, Cory could have done a lot of things better.... Nick is right to tell Cory that only he can change his actions and circumstances. And as Nick sits contemplating at Newman’s Beach, he seems to be realizing that the same is true for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Refreshing story from the beginning

And it only gets better. Next to the sex and romance, I also really enjoy the general insights into Nick sees his life. Beautiful writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I need more..plz

When I started to read this story I thought ok cool a little seduction and some off the wall sex. I was into that..lol. But then it developed and I was hooked I was not liking the idea of the wife but accepted it. We're now at an impass where because of the way you've written the story I personally can draw the conclusion that Cory has fallen hard for Nick even though he is married. I know its only a story that you the author is writing but I have the ability through my minds eye to see the characters come to life. I'm enjoying your story immensely and I can wait for the remaining chapters. I can really see this story going the distance. Plz I need more, don't make me wait too long.

Ty :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hurry

This has been such a good story! Don’t stop. I initially went “a wife” at the beginning, but she has not been in Cory’s life that much. But, so many service men and women live their life that way when active. Love the romance with these two. Fearful of the potential heart break. There are two men that are, or were in my life that I was batshit in love with. Both were, and are, unavailable. One is now passed and never knew how much in love I was. Woulda, shoulda, coulda back in 1984. If only I knew then..... can’t wait for the next installment in this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very god writing

Your writing has been good from the beginning, it is just that you had a few typos early on that would throw the reader off. You have cleaned all of that up very, very well. The story is unique. It is difficult for me to pinpoint it, but there is something about your writing that is singularly beautiful. You said only one chapter is left, so I have a bad feeling that Cory and Nick won't work out, which is sad and for which I blame Cory solely. I hope you have already started on your next story. You are one of the better authors here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
the end is not pretty whatever the outcome

im feeling for both men

Kabba118Kabba118about 4 years ago
Agreed with everyone else

Yes, it's just gotten better and better each chapter. I'm excited to start the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This chapter brought a “true” Cory into focus, imo. He has controlled and manipulated Nick from the beginning, some of it alpha, dominant sexual behavior. But some not - he blindsided Nick when he showed up for dinner with his parents, he blindsided Nick when his wife was in town when Nick called with exciting job news, and now he blindsided Nick with cancelling the weekend away due to his wife’s arrival. He could have been more upfront and honest in each of the instances but it was easier on Cory not to be. And when Nick melted down on his porch, Cory begged him to talk (although they rarely discussed the wife before this) but he didn’t freak like a man desperately in love would have. He said “don’t reduce yourself to that” “I care about you” “I want this to work” and “give me some more time.” He didn’t say “I love you Nick” “I can’t live without you” “I’m divorcing her so we can be together”. He said none of those things. I feel like Cory seduced all of us readers like he did Nick. Sexy rounds of hot fucking, whispered words of complimentary praise, gestures of romance, assumptions of more, to keep Nick on the line - but in reality just mostly really hot sex. Cory wants it all - his straight persona, his busy wife, his flexible lifestyle, his comfortable military job, his hot secret boy toy, and doesn’t want to lose any of it. Structured and rigid and disciplined and separate. Just like he likes it. Nick got in too fast and too deep and I fear he will be deeply hurt by Cory. Cory likes Nick but it doesn’t seem that he loves him or wants to avoid causing him pain. In the end, Cory is just another bi-confused selfish asshole.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous