Werewolves and Indians Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The girl was humiliated as she climbed from his vehicle. He looked in the diner at Kerri and sped off. The young woman dropped her head, and walked down the alley to her home. Jacob was livid. Lionel was a hateful, mean, despicable human being. He needed to be stopped. Marcus, he returned the girl. He is one sadistic fuck. This bastard is pure evil. We need to be extra vigilant.

I know. Watch him. Marcus replied.

Isla saw Lionel before he drove away. She became nervous. Something bad would happen tonight, but she didn't know what. Kerri saw the look of terror on Isla's face and spoke with her. "Isla, what is it?" she asked.

"Nothing, just nerves. I can't wait until August and I go to school. I'll be so glad to get away from here." She added hoping to calm her friend. Kerri laughed, "Well you're going to school and I'm going to get my man," she teased. The tension eased and the girls went back to work.

Lionel did not return that night, and Kerri was relieved. However, down the alley about a block away. A young girl cried her heart out because the man she loved would never really want her. Lionel was out of her reach and she had to let him go. She packed everything she owned, and trekked to the bus station. She bought a one-way ticket to the city where her sister lived. She was going home. She'd never see Lionel again and if she was pregnant, he'd never know he fathered her child.

Jacob was disgusted. He wanted to shift and hunt Lionel down and rip out his throat. But Weres just didn't kill humans. No matter how much he wanted to end him, unless he was defending someone, he couldn't touch him. Jacob returned to the den. He didn't go to Marcus' house; he went home. He needed time. He needed space. He was so angry. He couldn't understand why? His need to destroy that man defied all logic, then he thought of the girl. The girl that bastard used and then discarded. He heard her cry as she walked away defeated. Jacob pushed the wall, fury burning inside him like a living being. Then it dawned on him, he had to find her. He had to help her before she did something drastic. After he was sure she was safe, then he'd make damn sure Lionel never spoke to her again.

He knew Logan would bring Betty home and he didn't want his anger to interfere with his cousin, and he was happy for him. At least one of them would have a shot at perfect happiness.

Jacob growled and headed back to town. He needed to get to the diner, because despite how Ja'Mal felt, he would defend him.

*****

Ja'Mal took his things and his mother's thing and put them in the car. He smiled, because tonight he and Kerri would talk. He liked her and keeping her safe from Lionel was his priority right now. He was under no illusions that they would be together for life. Yea right, she is ours, and if you try to leave I will make you stay. his wolf mumbled.

We've talked about this, but you might be right. After we take care of this clown, I'll talk to her and who knows, maybe... Just remember, we do what's best for all of us. he responded, soothing his irritated animal. Ja'Mal's wolf sighed, content that his human would do the right thing and make a life here with their woman.

Ja'Mal drove to the diner and walked inside. Kerri's heart sang. He sat at one of her tables, and when she came and to take his order. He asked her to talk with him when she took a break. "OK," Kerri squeaked and then she wrote down the nightly special for his order. Kerri rushed to the kitchen to place his order, heart racing, body humming.

"Girl, calm down, your lust is showing." Isla teased her friend.

Kerri giggled and asked, "Am I that obvious? Girl, he is so sexy. Look at him."

Isla looked over that the dark-skinned Adonis sitting in an isolated booth and she had to agree. Ja'Mal was one good looking man. "Enough, I said look not lust after." Kerri reminded her friend a little sharply. Her wolf didn't want another woman looking at her man, even if that woman was her best friend.

"No need to snap. I get it. He's off limits," Isla laughed, then she gasped. She just happened to look out and across the street was Lionel. His eyes were once again trained on Kerri. That wasn't what scared Isla, it was the look of sheer hatred he directed at Ja'Mal. His face was murderous and Isla got a chill. She dropped a tray of glasses that she was holding and they shattered. Everyone looked at her. Embarrassed, Isla apologized and rushed into the back.

"Isla, Isla, what's wrong?" Kerri asked following her best friend.

"Kerri, I fear him. Lionel frightens me. He is evil and dangerous. He is up to something Kerri. Please be careful." Isla explained.

Kerri knew already to whom she referred. "Isla, I am safe. Lionel won't hurt-" Isla spoke again.

"He will come after those you love. He hates Ja'Mal. Kerri. He will try to kill him. I saw his face just now. He looked at him and his eyes were dead." Isla explained, shaking with trepidation.

Mary walked into the back to see if they were alright. Once she saw they were fine, she ordered Isla to clean up her mess, and told her the cost of the glasses would be deducted from her next check. Isla and Kerri nodded, and went back to work. Lionel was soon forgotten as the ladies finished serving that night.

As usual the diner was busy, so Kerri took a whole before she could talk with Ja'Mal. After a few hours the crowd thinned, and Kerri joined Ja'Mal in his booth.

"Hey, did you enjoyed your dinner?" Kerri asked as she joined him.

"Yes, ma'am, it was delicious." Ja'Mal answered. The two sat in silence for a moment. "Well, it seems we will both will be staying at the den. So do you want to hang out?"

Kerri smiled, "Yes, yes, and yes. Look I really want to get to know you Ja'Mal. After this situation with Lionel is taken care of, maybe we can be together. I mean date, hang out, hook up... You know. I really like you, Ja'Mal." Kerri added.

Ja'Mal smiled as he could hear her heart pounding. She was so beautiful, and he was so wrong for her. If things were different, if he was different, then maybe they could go for it. But he could not risk causing her pain. He knew if she was with him, eventually someone would say something and she'd be hurt. Ja'Mal, you are as good as everyone else, despite being a dark Were. Son, you must believe that. Marcus sent. He was home reading when for some reason Ja'Mal's wolf called to him. He was hurting. Marcus understood and could relate to his pain. He had to say something.

Marcus... Ja'Mal answered. I'll be there when Kerri finishes her shift. he explained. At this point Jacob walked in and joined the young couple. He had to admit they looked good together.

"Hey guys, um Ja'Mal can I catch a ride home. I got ...um... dropped off, so... Jacob explained. Ja'Mal knew he more than likely ran to the diner in wolf form. He could tell from the sweats he wore that he had recently shifted back. Often members of the tribe provided clothes for their lycan brethren and one had given Jacob clothes.

"Um sure, my shift ends in a few." Kerri added. She then returned to work leaving Ja'Mal and Jacob talking.

Ja'Mal could tell that Jacob was bothered. He waited until Kerri left and then he asked. "What happened?"

Jacob looked at his new friend and told the truth. "Lionel is vile. He used a young girl tonight and discarded her as if she was trash. I followed him and the way he spoke to her... Well, it made me so angry. She cried Ja'Mal. He used her, and then took great pleasure in humiliating her. He has no love in him only hate. I went home, but I had to check on her. So, I followed her scent to the bus station. She's gone. She left shortly after her encounter with him." Jacob exhaled and watched Kerri and Isla. His wolf was agitated.

"Ja'Mal, we have to keep him away from Kerri. It's something more at play here than general attraction." He exhaled. "It's like she is his prize. He watched her before he drove off. I know you don't know me, but I want you to know that I will die before I let him hurt either of you."

Ja'Mal was speechless. Then he smiled. "Jacob, Momma and I have been on our own since Daddy was killed. We've always relied on each other. For the first time in my life, I believe I can trust you guys. So thank you. I feel like things will work out."

Jacob smiled and relaxed a bit. Something about this kid soothed his beast. He trusted this young man. It made no sense. The guy was not from here. He and his mother lived here for a while, and for almost a year they had nothing to do with the pack. Jacob saw him when they first arrived and noticed that he was a loner. His mother was more outgoing. Often, he wanted to approach them, but Marcus asked that they give them time. Then the body of the Old One was found and they had to bring them to the den.

Jacob understood why Ja'Mal destroyed the Old One. The man was a menace. He often grabbed bitched and forced them. The Weres watched him closely and worked diligently to keep the young females out of his clutches. He was glad Ja'Mal was able to protect his mother. Jacob thought of his quiet roommate and best friend Logan. The three of them had a running bet, and they assumed he'd fall first. They were pleasantly surprised that it was his cousin Logan. Logan met his mate, and it was the ebony goddess that was Ja'Mal's mother. Ja'Mal and Betty were home, and he hoped that soon he'd realize it and stop worrying.

The two men chatted until it was time to close the diner. Then, they walked the women out and Ja'Mal made sure Kerri climbed into her car. He realized he wanted to be with her, so just as he was about to tell Jacob to drive his truck, Kerri offered to drive Isla and Oman home. After her friend's episode earlier, Kerri was not comfortable with them walking so late at night. Even though it was only two blocks away.

The two drove from the diner and dropped off Oman and Isla. Soon Ja'Mal trailed Kerri to the den. They arrived and reported straight to Marcus' home. Marcus welcomed his new guest. He looked at the young woman, the wapjanli and he sighed. She was exactly as father had described her beautiful and full of compassion.

"Kerri and Ja'Mal, welcome home." He greeted. Jacob watched his friend and noticed that something was different. Marcus looked at his friend and smiled. The Kingsley Pack has a new Alpha. We just have to raise him.

Jacob smiled and replied, I knew I liked that kid for some reason.

"Hey Marcus, I'm bunking in here tonight." Jacob added. "I'm giving Logan time."

Marcus nodded and faced Ja'Mal. "Your room is ready. And I will walk with you to take your mother her things. She's staying at Logan's." he explained. "Kerri, we can walk you to your house as well."

Ja'Mal frowned, the added, "I'm not calling him Daddy." The guys laughed and Kerri looked perplexed. Ja'Mal hugged her and whispered, "I'll explain later." Kerri's wolf was floating on cloud nine. Her mate hugged her, he was going to accept them whether he believed so or not. He was hers.

*****

This is the end of chapter 4. Chapter five will be written as soon as I get time to really focus on it. I am swamped with work and it leaves very little time for writing. I will continue working on this series, so please be patient. If you have suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them. My email is on my profile page and you can contact me through Contact. Please vote and comment. Thanks IR2R