Werewolves and Indians Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, he is such a nice guy. It kills me knowing he's hurting and..." she exhaled. "It makes no sense. I need to see him and make sure he is Ok."

Brett nodded, "Let's go."

He drove their rental car to the house he was told that Oman lived in. They got out and knocked. Isla answered, and Emily asked one question, "Where's Oman?"

"This way." Isla answered and led her to him. She sat beside him and hugged him. For the first time tonight, he let someone comfort him. He did not push her away. Brett and Isla just stared.

*****

Time passed and the pack grew. Ja'Mal and Kerri welcomed a new alpha daughter. Layla Sims was born one night in the spring with a loud scream that said "Look out world. here I come." Ja'Mal was smitten. Betty and Larry were determined to spoil their granddaughter no matter how much her parents protested.

A few more weeks passed and Patricia was at work when her water broke. Marcus, beta of Kingsley, was a nervous wreck. The healer had to sedate him and put him in a room. Without her mate there threatening bodily harm to all that touched her, Patricia gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She was sure his name would be Derrick. For nine months that was all she heard. Ja'Mal went to wake the new Dad, and when Marcus saw his son for the first time he whispered, "Welcome home Keamon," Patricia gasped.

No one spoke. Patricia gazed at her mate awed. "Keamon. It's perfect." Patricia whispered. Keamon opened his dark eyes and looked at this Daddy. In that moment, the two males connected. Everyone stepped out of the room to give them privacy. She and Marcus cried and spent hours alone with their son before even the alphas could meet him.

Betty was keeping Layla overnight, so she and Logan gathered her granddaughter and went home. Jacob and Sunnet walked with them. They were both happy for their pack mates.

Sunnet helped Betty get the baby settled as Jacob and Logan talked. "She is so beautiful," Sunnet whispered.

"I know." Betty whispered. "I'm surprised Kerri let me keep her tonight. Besides, I need the practice."

Sunnet gasped, "Wait! Betty, are you...? " Sunnet asked

Betty smiled and whispered, "I think so. I haven't told Logan but I will see Vivienne tomorrow to find out for sure."

Sunnet hugged her because she was so excited for her. Soon they went back downstairs and joined their mates. Jacob and Sunnet went home and Logan and Betty went to bed. Before lying down, Logan checked on Layla.

When he joined his mate, she was sleeping. He smiled and kissed her gently. He lay down placing his head slightly below her breast. Then he heard the faintest sound. Logan gasped. Moving carefully, not to wake Betty, he pressed his ear against her abdomen. A heartbeat, he heard two rapid heartbeats. His mate, his beautiful wonderful mate was carrying his children.

Logan smiled, he wanted to scream. She didn't know yet, but in the morning, he was pampering her. She would not lift a finger. He couldn't sleep. She was carrying twins. His twins. Did the babies need separate rooms? He knew the guys would help with the nursery. They needed names. He had to think. As he lay there, Layla began to fret. Logan was up like a light. In a few minutes, a fresh diaper, quick meal and burped, she was back to sleep.

Betty woke up. "I'm sorry. She woke you. I should have been..."

Logan smiled and whispered, "I'm grandpa, right. I can change diapers, besides, I need the practice."

Betty froze, "Logan, what did you just say?"

"Baby, we're pregnant. I can hear their heartbeats. Both are so strong." Logan whispered, Betty reached for him, and he held her close.

"I'm seeing Vivienne Monday. Will you come with me?" she asked.

Logan smiled, "Baby, I would not miss it."

Jacob and Sunnet returned home and Sunnet was unable to keep Betty's news to herself. She told Jacob. Jacob was happy for Logan, and once it was confirmed he was celebrating with him.

*****

EPILOGUE

A Year Later

Time had passed since Lionel attacked the pack and now they were celebrating. Many new matings had occurred. New cubs had been born, The pack had a new alpha and they were expecting their second child.

The children were beautiful. Kerri decided that they needed to celebrate. The pack would run and after have a feast. For once, since she was old enough to flip a pancake, Patricia was not in charge of the meal. She deferred to Gertie who had taken over the post. She was currently training three new cooks. Two were males. Marcus was surprised because most males thought cooking was women's work, but these two young men were culinary artist.

It was an adjustment for Patricia as her role changed. Kerri needed a female second and there was no one else she would ask except Patricia. Sunnet was happy for them. At first Jacob was worried she might feel slighted, but she explained that Patricia was born pack, she was not. If anyone deserved that post, it was Patricia.

Besides as the only attorney in town, she was too busy to be effective anyway. Her case load seemed to grow bigger each day. She was training a new paralegal and had to call on her friends from the city to send her a replacement soon.

Jacob was taken aback, then Sunnet smiled, Jacob asked, "Baby, are you?" She smiled and through her tears, she answered yes. Jacob Kingsley would be a father in a few months.

So, everything was the way it should be. The pack returned to the center of the den after the pack had gone for a run. One of the thetas ran in searching for Betty.

Betty was holding her daughter laughing at Ja'Mal and Logan as they both offered advice to her infant son. "Here I am." She called. "Who is it?" She asked.

Logan looked over and became concerned, as did Ja'Mal. Betty answered the phone. "Hello!"

"Hello, Abettia, we need you to come home. Father demands your presence." A male voice answered.

"Ryelle, how?" Betty asked quivering in fear. Kerri was really concerned and she took Janyia from her mother. Logan moved to his mate immediately. Whoever this Ryelle was frightened her. He felt the panic and fear through their mate bond.

"Abettia, Momma died, and father wants to talk with you. He's..." Betty dropped the phone, Logan was at her side.

Ja'Mal picked up. "Who in the hell is this and what do you want with my mother?" he demanded.

The Alpha had taken the phone from his son. She was there, and he need to address his daughter. "This is your grandfather, and I want my daughter Abettia to come back home." A heavy voice droned.

"My mother will not come anywhere near you and sir I advise you not to call here again." Ja'Mal growled. All of the males were on full alert. Logan assured his mate that she was safe. Ja'Mal hang up the phone clearly shaken. He faced his mother.

Betty spoke, "He threw me out and banned me from returning. When you were born, I called and he answered and said he had no daughter or grandson. I let them go, and now he demands that..."

Ja'Mal spoke once more, "Momma, we are home. Our family is here. No one will hurt you, I promise. OK." He hugged his Mom.

Betty hugged her oldest son. She then looked at her three month old twins and her granddaughter. Her father would never accept them. They were beautiful, but his prejudice and hate caused her decades of pain. She raised her son not to hate and it was hard. So much of what her father taught seemed so true. But he would hate her children and she would not let him hurt them. Betty looked at her oldest son. He was alpha, he was a dark Were and he was a good man. Kerri held Janyia and Larry held Lennox.

Betty reached for her twins and Larry and Kerri placed the twins in their mother's arms. Larry stayed with his mate and helped her cuddle there little ones. Betty, I love you and these children more than anything. You are home. We are a family. Logan sent. Betty smiled and kissed her mate. Everyone relaxed, and the celebration continued.

*****

Meanwhile, in the deep south, the Alpha of the Dark Weres, Alpha Alphonso Jackson, regretted throwing his only daughter out. His mate went insane after Abettia left, and he lived with her for decades. Last year, she snapped for good, and he found her body on the floor in their bedroom. Her right hand was chewed off, and Abettia's name was written in the blood on the floor. She wrote she was sorry. He loved that woman, and he knew then he needed to repair the rift he caused with his hatred. He should have tried to accept the male.

He would ask Abettia to come back, but he could not approve of her mate unless he was a dark Were. You didn't mix races. So much had happened and he lived through it all. For his daughter to find her mate amongst the fair-Weres was a blow to him and his pack. He gave her a choice and she chose her mate. He had to admit she was right to do so. She called over twenty years ago and told him he had a grandson. He rebuked her once more; denouncing her as his daughter and denied his grandson. Abettia never called again.

He happened to learned that a few dark Weres found sanctuary amongst a tribe and some whites. He knew some of the older people from the area and called. They directed him to Pastor Henry. He called and that was how he found his daughter. He needed to beg her forgiveness, and maybe one day he could. For now, he'd wait. She was safe. His grandson was safe. He was content in that knowledge.

Ryelle waited. It had been decades since he heard his sister's voice. He spoke to her and he needed to see her.

Father took the phone but the conversation was short. Ryelle waited. He would explode, someone hung up on him and he never tolerated disrespect. Alphonso faced his son and said, "My grandson is an Alpha. Abettia is safe. Ryelle, I cannot go, but I want to send you out west to see your sister. See if you can convince her to come home.

Ryelle stood. He had to pack. "Father, when do you want me to go?"

Alphonso took a deep breath. "She won't trust you at first. But talk with your nephew, the alpha. Tell him about us, about his people. When you speak with Abettia, give her this." He handed him a sealed envelope. "I was wrong Ryelle. I messed up. Try to help me fix this."

Ryelle took the envelope and left the room, he was headed west. He would find Abettia and state father's request. But Ryelle remembered how cruel his parents were to her. He never forgot. So if she was happy, he would leave her be. Ryelle was curious about his nephew, the alpha.

"Alpha Alphonso, I am going to my room. Do you need anything more?" his head manservant asked.

Alphonso looked at the man who had served him for over a century and he answered, "I am fine. Rest Thomas. I will see you in the morning." Thomas nodded and went to his room.

THE END

So we end the series at this point. But you guys know we'll be back, right. But not too soon. My summer vacation ends in a few weeks and I have to focus on work. So I won't have time to indulge in writing.

I hope you truly enjoyed this journey with me and I want you to know your support means the world to me. Please comment and tell me what you think. I am focusing on the other tale I'm writing and hope to have the next chapter (Chapter 13) written before I have to report back to work. It is a pleasure to write for you and give you a little place you can escape to.

You keep reading, and I will keep writing.

Iread2relax