All Comments on 'Westry Bay'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
we think

therefore we are

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Nope.

This story utterly failed to work for me.

Perhaps it is because I understand the differences between biological systems and Artificial Intelligence systems too well. Robotic/AI systems (at least of this generation) never possess the inherent drives and impulses/instincts of biological neural networks and endocrine systems, and this story presumes far too much of AI on that front. Consequently, I was left utterly un-sold.

In short, I could not grok why "the bitches" would give a tinker's damn about him (he was "just another target", after all, in their programmatic seduction/testing subsystems), and the bit about his "having respect for them as people" would never be the sort of thing they would or could possibly really care about - unless they were DESIGNED to do so. That would preclude there being any surprise in their jumping the shark of their makers/minders intent to "upgrade" them to be like their less-independent-minded robot bretheren. 3* for making the effort, but this is the first oggbashan writing effort I have failed to appreciate on its own merits.

CyranoJCyranoJover 7 years ago
I liked it.

A story like "Ex Machina" done as romance instead of horror. Well written as usual. Nice work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...