All Comments on 'What a Long Strange Trip'

by eidetic

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Krotch_KannibalKrotch_Kannibalabout 6 years ago
Inspiring story....

Admittedly, I don't know squat about weapons (being an ex-Navy surface puke). I still liked the dangerous intrigue, personal dilemma, and of course, the sex. Now I'm headed to your member page, and checking out your other works.

Congratulations on a great story!

Krotch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
nice

A nicely-told tale.

Thank You

HP

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 6 years ago
Really good.

Maybe Angie was a bit too good to be true and the divorce sorted and wrapped up a bit too neatly but a 5* story worth the read

nyc1975nyc1975about 6 years ago

Did you call the StG 44 a machine gun? Sorry to pick nits with an otherwise terrific read. I did Cody on my Harley a few years back. It was one of my most enjoyable rides.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017about 6 years ago
On The Mark

In my opinion an excellent, story, well worth the time to read. Others have said it all, 5* and in my favorite file. Thanks for your had work.

NorthPacific

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
A little too neatly wrapped up . . .

. . . with the ex committing arson, but still a great story. You kept me wanting to continue to read, through all eleven pages.

Some of it was very predictable, such as the idea of them moving out to the ranch, a true Hallmark Channel notion, but still well done.

I wonder how many people skipped the story due to your advance warning about firearms.

eideticeideticabout 6 years agoAuthor
@nyc1975 - Yes, I did

@nyc1975 - yes, in fact, I called it a machinegun since by NFA rules it is, as opposed to a semi-automatic or bolt-action. It is a select-fire rifle using an intermediate cartridge capable of fully automatic fire. Basically, the first Assault Rifle. The Sturmgewehr 44 ("Storm Rifle Model 1944") was the inspiration for most modern lightweight, detachable magazine infantry weapons, the M16/M4 included (as a replacement for the beefier M14). And thank you very much for taking an interest in the story. I appreciate your feedback! Cheers...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Very nice ,I thought enjoyed it

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 6 years ago

Great story.thanks very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
bloody neat story

bloody well done. thoroughly good read

thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A fun read

I just discoverd you by checking out new stories where I found What a Long Strange Trip.

I am not a gun nut but the plot was fun and the characters were well developed and interesting people.

You have me hooked. I am now reading through your other stories.

Thank you for sharing your writing talent and creativity on Literotica

sferguson53sferguson53about 6 years ago
Awesome story! Very well done!

What can I say? That story really ticked all of my boxes. Outstanding!

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
Pretty Good

You managed to avoid the usual chiche plot componenets which made the 11 pages a little tedious, but tolerable. There was no dramatic, violent confrontation between Steve and Asshole. There was not automatic marrriage in the expected "epilog". I still think that a 20 year age difference is too much, especially when the younger female is so highly oversexed. There was too much technical detail on the guns; as if the author were trying to prove that he really knows his firearms. I'm convinced although I only fired a few weapons when I was in the Army (including the M1 Gerand, carbine, grease gun, Thompson, bazooka, 30 and 50 calibre machine guns, mortars, automatic 45 calibre pistol and recoiless rifle). I do find it a bit unusual that a Naval officer would fire so many hand weapons, but maybe that's true now-a-days. My military service was most of 60 years ago. I do find it a bit unusual to drive those extended streches of time with one driver doing all the driving. 10-14 hours is tough on the back, the legs and just staying awake. And to risk high speed blow jobs is just plain crazy. Still a pretty good read although I'm still skeptical of the transition from big city living to farm life. Worth a 4* in my book.

AzttAzttabout 6 years ago
Great story

Tremendous read. Now I really want to get to Cody

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tell Anonymous 3/26/18

to take a flying leap into John's gully during target practice.

Really good story.

Anonymous 3.26.18a

Gregorius_LightmouthGregorius_Lightmouthabout 6 years ago
Wonderful story!

I'm not particularly interested in guns but still enjoyed this story immensely. Your sense of humor and ability to create characters with personality made this a fun read. The only thing I would like to criticize is the author's note in the beginning, which was off-putting and unnecessarily. It almost made me skip this story which would have been a shame. In the future, maybe trust your readers to decide for themselves if a story about gun-interested characters is something they would like to read.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Delightful Story

An interesting tale of two people who seem different initially but discover so much common areas. Interesting that a Navy guy had so much experience with weapons especially in his line of work. Usually it is only Navy Gunnery Mates that handle firearms. Thanks.

eideticeideticabout 6 years agoAuthor
To Clear Up A Point

@Overcritical & @DogFuzz - Steve's interest in firearms predated his time in Service, growing up hunting and plinking. As a Crypto, he wouldn't have had any much professional exposure. It would be somewhat tongue-in-cheek to say that the closest he'd have gotten onboard ship would have been the one carried by the Marine with orders to shoot him if they were overrun. That is why the one opportunity to participate in the Familiarization Fire exercise with the full-autos was important to him. After leaving the Service, he couldn't afford to buy F/A, and living in Illinois made it worse. Thank you very much for reading and appreciating the story.

eideticeideticabout 6 years agoAuthor
Too Many Notes...

It is unfortunate (for me) that even with advance warning that the story was long, an Anonymous commenter who cannot spell (or type... not sure which) chose to give it 2 stars because it was too long. I suppose, as observed, to each his/her own. For my own tastes, I prefer developing characters over time. Cheers...

ahotbodahotbodabout 6 years ago
Yes but ...

Not really too long (yes, I read the introđź‘Ś), apart from an unnecessary advert for the NRA. A story that length should probably have reached closure re Asshole incarceration and wedding / lifestyle. That's a minor glitch so 4 stars.

dicko10inchplusdicko10inchplusabout 6 years ago
Bravo!

Great story. You're clearly a pro... There is so much crap on this site. Your story caught me and hooked me instantly. Didn't care about the length. I didn't want it to end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent read, and definitely not too long. Enjoyed the characters and the story, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 stars

I don't know how the navy did it but as an army crypto in Germany 72/74 we had many opportunities to get to the range and fire several different weapons on our off time. Had a ball! Really enjoyed the story, thanks.

NAVDOC73NAVDOC73about 6 years ago
Explorer?

Excellent story. I own an 04 Expidition that is impossible to sleep in. I could not even fathom sleeping in a packed Explorer. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Nice

A really good story, I didn’t think it was too long at all. I think I would have enjoyed reading about how “the asshole” finally got his comeuppance. The story did raise one question in my mind, though. In the event of a divorce, does a county or state judge have the authority to forcibly transfer ownership of an NFA firearm? At first glance I would think not. I mean, since the NFA was passed, ownership and transferrance of NFA weapons has been a Federal jurisdiction. I just wonder.

eideticeideticabout 6 years agoAuthor
That's What Lawyers Are For... ;-)

It depends on the State, but generally the NFA firearm or device would remain with the owner of record - the person with the tax stamp - and a cash value would be assigned, with the non-owning spouse getting 50%. Presuming it was acquired during the marriage. But again, that's what lawyers are for... And thanks for the positive feedback!

ukdukeukdukeabout 6 years ago
A lovely story.

As a divorced man of Steves age all I want to know is where can I find an Angie?

Really enjoyed it. The only thing was the ending. The point about romance is the "Happily Ever After!" We all know real life is messy and often sucks! That is why we read romance! So how about a re-edit with asshole getting his and them moving back to help Daddy on the ranch? Maybe with an addition on the way?

Just a thought!

Mojo648Mojo648almost 6 years ago
Added to One of my favourites

I enjoyed it, looking forward to another storyline about them dating , living together and eventually leading to a country wedding on her dads ranch, maybe even kids?

Lol, if only it was going to happen.

QuicksilverDragonQuicksilverDragonalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic Story

The only nit that I would pick was that Steve started showing some tendency to be The Best At Everything. However, this was still a delightful story. I felt that the characters were nicely fleshed out and their personalities revealed well along the way. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ending seemed abrupt.

Could ended reasonably after ten pages of sucking/fucking instead of hero with finger up his ass. However, on the positive, a three hour blowjob. Give that man a cigar !!

MrViixMrViixalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for the great story!

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

Great road trip story! I really appreciate that you let the terrific sexual chemistry integrate with the storyline rather than overwhelm it. I was espy impressed with the thoroughness of your proofreading. Nothing spoils a good story for me like hit-or-miss punctuation, awkward sentences, and glaring misspellings and typos. Great work.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxalmost 2 years ago

I was going to say pretty much what PhilDub2 stated, so I’ll add a bit more. I loved the realism you put in about ammo cost, machine guns are EXPENSIVE fun, especially firing those classic calibers, and taking the time to lovingly clean them after shooting. Two important things that get overlooked in most stories. Raw fingers from reloading might add a bit of humor to later sexy time, maybe in a future story. All told, A well crafted tale. You earned a favorite and a follow for this one.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Excellent tale. really enjoyed reading this and letting my imagination run thru it.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

You write a very nice story. I’d be interested if you wrote a second chapter to show where their life goes together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. The travel log was good and the description of the firearms was quite impressive. You’re the kind of fellow I’d like to hang with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This Angie character is crazy. She behaves like a sex crazed nympho yet could remain celibate for 4 years. Her stress masturbation was not even funny, just stupidly crazy.

ceedeehceedeehover 1 year ago

Great story! Great writing. I love almost all of your stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It reads like a true story, and really holds your interest.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

To be fair:

Murphy was an optimist, there are some pessimistic apporoaches out there

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usereidetic@eidetic
I'm sorry I finished and submitted the latest Spark story so close to the Geek Pride deadline that it was delayed and missed the 25th. However, it is now published. I hope those who have been enjoying the series continue to do so with this latest offering. *~*~*~*~* I keep fo...

SIMILAR Stories