All Comments on 'What Happens Here, Stays Here'

by tnbnb

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice!

Very nice - and I don't mean this badly-written story: author just deletes critical comments. Way to go, sunshine. You'll never improve.

Not that you're talented, anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very hard to read stories written in present tense

Present tense writing is very difficult to follow, and this isn`t very good anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Story summary

Reads like I'm reading Cliff Notes, or a story summary, instead of the actual story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hard to read

The premise was good but the present tense writing was hard to read.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 8 years ago
Use of present tense perhaps not the best choice

I only read the first few paragraphs before the present tense got so distracting that I gave up reading and came here to leave this comment.

Tail_GunnerTail_Gunnerover 8 years ago
good story line ... still"

this is a really story line ... the characters are good.

.

and ... the way the story is put together needs some help .

getting into "writing group" is a good start. no matter where you live, there is a group somewhere near you.

Tail Gunner: AKA Levi Coldwater

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good story

I thought this was a good story. It was fun to read. The slight mistakes were kind of annoying, though. I have found that it is much better to put the story aside for a week after you write it, and then re-read it carefully. You will find a lot of mistakes that way. Then wait another week and re-read it again. You'll find even more mistakes. But I also find that as much as I proofread it there will always be mistakes. Good job. I will read the sequel.

texcavemantexcavemanover 8 years ago
Do you ever.....

wish you could give "something" a better grade or rating but realize you would not be doing the recipient the respect they need to understand what is needed for improvement?

What a fun story to read! But at the same time what a horror story to read... I am not a writer so I refuse to try to point out problem areas. However, having read some of the other comments posted I do believe the author SHOULD understand how important an editor is and what SHOULD be done to make this story easier to read.

I rated the story 3* primarily due to the errors that a good editor, and as one respondent said, just giving the story a rest and reading over it should probably tell the author what was missed and needed correcting. With basic editing correction this is a 5* story as well as the follow up would be 5*.

I guess the price I paid for the privilege of reading the stories should satisfy any complaints I might have. BUT, I do believe we have an author here with a fantastic imagination that just needs a little help. We could have an author that is worth paying to read. I truly believe Lit has a "writer in the rough waiting to be published"

Many times I have said the following.....

Those that can, write

Those that can't, read

I READ

MANY MANY THANKS TO THE AUTHOR!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 2 years ago

Its a good story, fun and sexy. But I'm not sure how it got posted without a serious rewrite, tenses mixed up, personal pronouns reversed. Please consider having an editor review, it would push it beyond average.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous