All Comments on 'What If It Hadn't Rained?'

by Gale82

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

very pleasant. good read. A little long, but worth it.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 12 years ago
This type of story seems to be your forte. This one is well done.

x

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
Fun little story

This was an easy read, made so by your skill with words. I think you captured the British prim/properness well.

Thanks for writing.

Regards,

-Pultoy

romaq7705romaq7705almost 12 years ago
pretty good

thanks for sharing. i agree romance is your strong suit

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Very good.

I liked the humor in the tale. Although I'm guessing it is largely (totally?) fictional, it also had a 'realness' to it. If it is more or less autobiographical, then congrats! Either way, I enjoyed the entire story. You are skilled.

I also really enjoyed the description of the menu at the restaurant. My mouth actually started watering. Better go make myself a sandwich.

5 stars, of course.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I really liked your story, it was well written and with some restrained humor to make it more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I Agree

with BigGuy. You excell at "Romance"!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
British?

Maybe. Brits are not as prudish as most Americans believe, and only the royal family and the Lorded and Landed Gentry are 'proper'. and speak 'proper' English. But otherwise good story thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice Story

Well written a good read More!!!

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 12 years ago
five star story

well written and cute as buttons:)

northlandernorthlanderalmost 12 years ago
Super

A great little tale about the what ifs in life, things that affect us all, like the what if I hadn't decided to see what was going on at a dance in a club, would I have met my life partner of 55 years. Great story

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
2 EXASPERATING PHRASES

leaving all doubt and no closure, TK U MLJ LV NV

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
Sweet

funny and totally believable. Please write more - I love your stories.

badgertoobadgertooover 11 years ago
Now that I have my A/C for commenting

I can go back to some of the stories I've really enjoyed since me and my husband started reading them on this site - and this was one that really made an impression on me.

The writing is so crisp, and the characters so 'real' that I can't help but suspect that it's based on something that really happened. It really is a lovely read - perfect pacing and a standard that could probably grace any woman's magazine if you'd chosen to submit it there instead of here. But I'm so glad you put it in Lit.

The only problem is that my own submissions - under a different name in this section - seem so poor by comparison! Thank you for a lovely read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
*****

Thoroughly enjoyable read. And I hope it's based on reality.

Five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another gem

Good pacing and resolution, a characteristic of your stories. I assume this is fiction but your writing is so good that it carries that ring of authenticity, so who knows? I've been reading through your stories, and your voice is that of a kind, thoroughly decent, educated woman who knows the score...and knows how to be properly naughty. Write more, please.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
AN O LORD

I wished it would rain. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous