All Comments on 'What went Wrong?'

by B_Bailey

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 6 years ago
Communication...

Communication communication....

You can’t fix the problem if you don’t know about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sad But Real

I don't think this sad story is uncommon.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 6 years ago
death by a thousand cuts

Who the hell could spend 8 hours mowing every week, and not think about getting a smaller place. Other than that, total failure to communicate, easy for us to see, not so much for them, living day by day, as the irritation of the moment blinds them to the pile of irritations stacking up.

Well, if you can't clean the stable, move to a new one, which is what they did.

Chilley

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
I hope only loneliness for her

They should be enjoying their "Golden" years together but she abandoned him. I hope he finds some companionship. She sounds like a miserable person who took everything he had to offer and squandered it all leaving him empty and alone. She deserves nothing. Sad story but well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Realistic and Thought-Provoking

Contrary to what others have said this excellent story really explains why communication often doesn't solve the problem.

They both had their own version of events and explicitly rejected (or forgot) the other's version. He had spent a lot of time outside the home and was looking forward to retirement. The wife who had spent all her time bringing up the children wanted to get a life outside the home. Very understandable and not unusual which is why so many divorces these days are initiated by wives after the children have left. Do they really need to stay together? Why is it worth the effort?

If my personal and professional experience is any guide she will be much happier without him and he will make the equally happy discovery that there are a lot of older single women out there who want a companion with benefits.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
What went Wrong

was life's circumstances. It happens all the time, couples get so busy taking care of menial life tasks, they forget about themselves and relationships. Taking care of the job(s), doing the home maintenance, raising the children, the mortgage, the debts.ect. It fatigues you to where intimacy and relationships wanes or dies. The fun things just aren't fun anymore after 60+ years of age.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Too much time on her hands....

She , like many women in American society, feels entitled. What, with the Feminist movement telling them that they deserve more and more every day. It's no surprise that many American men are marrying more 3rd world country women. What a waste of years for them both.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 6 years ago
Life is a Garden

Life is like a garden. Stop planting, weeding, watering and you have nothing. Life is the same.

I hope she enjoys what she doesn't have, because she didn't appreciate what she had.

notredame43notredame43almost 5 years ago
wow what a bitch

hes not saint(gaining THAT much weight isnt excusable unless health issues. You need to have pride in yourself and appearance to a point. But she is just a joke, sad thing is ill bet this exact scenario plays out a lot in real life. not bad story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She doesn't know what she wants. The only thing she knows for sure is that she doesn't want a life with her husband of 45 years any more. Did she ever love him or care about him? Sounds like she's pretty self-centered.

He's like what the fuck just happened? He was satisfied and happy with their life. She never expressed what she wanted different in life. How are you suppose to react when she just walks out of your life one day with no explanation.

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”

Hopefully, he'll meet some of those nice older ladies that are looking to a man to share their remaining years together.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

A good story, but a sad one. Their biggest problem, as I see it, was a lack of communication. There seemed to be quite a bit of assuming done by both parties. If they had talked, they could have seen that they were not that far apart on their wants/needs.

-

Nicely done, Thank-you.

-

Pasqual

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - why is this story on this website?

Not only is it non-erotic it is just plain sad and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems like a companion story for Jezazz's "The Wrong Side of Smart" https://www.literotica.com/s/the-wrong-side-of-smart Without some communication, any relationship is doomed. Sad but true.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

This story is real for many. Sad. My intuition says they never were in real love.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Sad story with no concrete reasoning. I like the concept however i would have liked an ending that was more definitive.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

***Thanks for the read.😴

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous