When The Past Comes Back To Bite You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Over the next two months, she became a regular visitor to the apartment, mostly to eat supper together a couple of times every week and, once in a while, to fuck our brains out. We both knew that our fucking meant nothing but it was sure a very nice release of all my spent up sexual needs of the last year.

We never discussed the nature of our relationship. "Don't rock the boat!" I kept telling myself. "Enjoy it while it lasts."

And it did lessen my sense of loss since my divorce with Sandy.

Chapter 2

Ghost from the past

One afternoon, heading home, I stopped at a convenience store to buy a few things. A woman entered right behind me. I had a quick look and had a double take. I looked at her heading toward a fridge.

"Maria?" I asked.

She turned around and a look of recognition crossed her face.

"Mark?"

I simply nodded. Maria was an ex-girl friend from high school. She has been my first and I was her first. We were so young and so much in love together that we believed that we would marry right after high school. Then one day she broke up with me, over the phone, no explanation given. Within a month, her family moved away and that was the last I heard from her.

I never forgot her and the ghost of our relationship followed me for years.

I felt a bit embarrassed and unsure about what to do. Part of me wanted to simply hug her, and the other part wanted to run away, the same way she ran out on me. She did the first move. She came to me and gave me a peek on the cheek.

"My Goodness Mark! It has been so long. What it is: 20 years ago?" she asked.

"Make it 23. I was 17 and I am now 40," I said.

There was a little silence. Her auburn hair was cut short now while they were shoulder length in high school. She was pretty then, but now she was simply gorgeous, her curves having filled quite nicely over the years.

"You look good," I stated.

"You too," she replied.

"Did you move back in town?" I asked.

"No! I come regularly for work or to visit some family ," she said.

"E... I don't know what you are doing now, but would you have time for a coffee or something, just to catch up?" I asked.

Her whole face lit up.

"Sure! It would be great!"

We went to the small coffee shop next door. We spent an hour catching up. She learned that I was newly divorced and I learned that she recently lost her husband. I had no kids and she had two. I was dying to ask her THE question: why did she ditch me in high school? I didn't however. I was real glad to be reacquainted with her and did not want to spoil the mood.

I didn't see many changes in her. Yes she had a few creases around the eyes and seemed a bit subdued after talking about her late husband. But she was still witty and, most importantly, still giggled at my jokes.

It started to pour cats and dogs outside. When she told me that she was going back to the bus station to go back home, I told her my car was just down the street and offered to drop her there instead of trying to catch a taxi in that awful weather. She accepted.

Soon we were in my car, driving toward the bus station. At the bus station we traded phone numbers. She ran away under the rain.

From that moment, my only thoughts were for her - well, except for these few times when Janice and I met and fucked.

Two weeks later, a Friday afternoon, I decided to take the 90 minute drive to Maria's hometown.

I phoned from a gas station.

"Hello!"

"Maria! It's Mark. How are you doing?"

"Great! And you?"

"Great too. Hey, I am in your hometown and I was wondering if you could spare an hour or two for a drink with an old flame?"

There was moment hesitation on the line.

"I think it would be very nice. Where would you like to meet?" she finally said.

"I don't know. It's your town. Tell me where and I'll be there."

Maria gave me direction to a quiet bistro on the outskirt of town. She told me that she would be there around 5:00 o'clock, an hour later.

It took me only 20 minutes to find the place. I took a table that offered some privacy and waited with a drink – a soda, as I had to drive back home.

What was I expecting from this meeting? Just to know her better? See if there were still lingering feelings between us?

Most importantly, should I ask why she ditched me in high school? You can call me crazy, but that question has been nagging at me for the last 23 years. Speak of unresolved business! I decided not to ask. I would probably appear like a weirdo if I were to ask about a break up between two teenagers that occurred almost a quarter of century ago. She would probably run away as politely as speed allowed. Nah! If she decides to reveal her reasons, good! If not, I won't raise it.

Maria finally made it to the bistro and noticed me right away. Wow! She was a sight to behold. She was wearing a nice little blue dress going down just over her knees, showing off her very nice legs. Her curves were simply draped by the fabric instead of being hidden by it, and what curves she had. My blood pressure went up a notch at her sight. She was wearing a small opened sweater, revealing the low cut of the dress, not so low that her breasts would be in display, but low enough to promise you a full package if you were the lucky one. And I wanted very bad to be that lucky one.

I had been in love with her when she was a gangly teenager. Now, I was in lust with the gorgeous woman that I lost so many years ago.

I got up and we exchanged a quick peek on the cheek.

"I'm so glad you called Mark. Since I last saw you, I kept reliving the tender moments we had together. What brings you in town?"

"You! I don't have classes on Friday afternoon so I decided this morning to drive here and see if I might be lucky enough to see you. And I must admit that I also have been thinking a lot about what you meant to me so many years ago," I replied. Maria had the good taste to blush at my comment.

We ordered a drink when the waitress stopped by our table - a glass of white wine for her and a beer on tap for me. I was kind of happy of the interruption as our date was beginning in a very disgustingly syrupy manner.

Over the next two hours, I learned that she went to college in this very town, got a degree in accounting and worked for the same firm since graduation. Maria expressed surprise that I became a geography teacher as I was in all kind of sports when I was in high school. I was a sport jock, not the academic type.

Maria started to laugh.

"I still remember when you got sent to the principal by the Geography teacher in grade 8," she said.

I didn't recall that a bit and my frown must have been obvious.

"Oh my God! You forgot that. I think it was the moment I fell for you. The teacher asked who knew the capital of Turkey. Right away you lifted your arm, a first in that class I believe. Then you said that the capital of Turkey is Cranberry, which could be found between Stuffing and Mashed potatoes, just around the peas. All the students had a good laugh and you were promptly ejected from the class."

Oh my God! Yes, I was that kind of student. The kind I now hate as a teacher. And the worst was that I knew very well that Ankara was the capital. Later that year I had 100 % on my test of political geography, one of only two students to get a perfect score.

After reminiscing about our high school years we started to speak about our adult life.

There were many differences between our married lives. She married at 19 with a college sweetheart. It had been a shotgun marriage as she became pregnant and her parents insisted on marrying the very nice and decent fellow accounting student she met. For my part, I only married after graduating from college. A few years after I got married, I went back to complete my Master degree then my Doctorate.

She had a very satisfying marriage to Tom O'Connell and they had two children, a girl – her eldest – and a boy, now 18 years old and both off at University. My marriage didn't produce any offspring.

While it was awful to see my marriage crumbling around me and leading to a divorce, Maria's marriage ended in tragedy. Her husband died in car crash.

Her eyes were full of unshed tears as she told about his passing. I gently put my hand over her hand in a friendly and appeasing gesture. I felt an electric jolt when I touched it, emotions coming back to me tenfold after so many years. I almost pulled out my hand but resisted the impulse. I am sure Maria didn't notice as stricken with grief as she was.

We ordered our meal and talked about more pleasant things. We were trying to rediscover a bit each other. We didn't talk about anything too personal, but intimate details nevertheless - our hobbies, our likes and dislike, and such.

I took off around 9:00 o'clock with a mutual promise to meet again. A small kiss on the cheek sealed the deal.

I am not the one to let fate do my work. The next Friday, I was again driving toward Maria's hometown. Like the week before, she accepted to meet me, at an Italian restaurant this time. The place was small, cozy, and intimate. I had the waiter put a couple of candles on the table.

If she was great looking last week, that night she was breathtaking. Under her light coat – it was raining – she had a nice black dress, shorter (about mid-thighs) but not as low cut as her last dress. It was sleeveless and with only strings to keep it up, revealing some slender well formed shoulders.

I got up, took her hands and gave her a peek on the cheek, but I didn't release my grip on her hands. I took a step back and looked at her.

"My goodness Maria, you look simply gorgeous in that outfit," I honestly said.

She giggled and blushed.

"Thanks you so much! A woman never ceases to feel good at a gentleman compliment," she answered and sat down.

"Mark, you have to stop doing that," she finally said.

That remark took me by surprise. I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Stop doing what?" I asked.

"Stop coming all the way here – a 90 minute drive – to phone and ask me out. What if I had other plans? I am really glad to see you, but it would be very unpleasant to turn you down knowing that you drove all the way here," she answered in a pleasant manner, a twinkle in her eyes. "What if I had another date?"

I missed the gentle way she said it. I was shocked and embarrassed. It is true that I never though about her having a life outside of my dreams, my wishes, and my expectations. I wanted to see her, so I drove here and asked her out. It was very careless of me.

"Oh... ah... I'm really sorry... You're right. I'm just butting in your life and expect that it will be like in high school when you would drop everything on my call... I'm really sorry," I stammered more than said it.

Maria giggled.

"It's alright Doffus! I'm pulling your leg. I don't have a social life to speak of. I don't really date. I go out with friends, but mostly couples that I have known for years. They would jump for joy and dance around our table if they knew that I was seeing a man."

Doffus! That was what she always called me when I was being an idiot, back then. I noticed a slight change of mood in her at the end of her explanation.

She looked at her wedding band, still on her finger.

"I am not over Tom's death yet. The few dates my friends organized were a disaster. I still love him and can't feel anything for anybody else yet. They were nice men, and I felt sorry for them as I turned them down one after the other. I just couldn't act like if I cared. I felt like a cheater."

She looked up toward me and her hand reached mine and rested on it.

"And then I met you. No stress of being somebody else than myself. Like if it was only yesterday, I can simply be myself. Like we didn't go our different way years ago. And I thank you for that."

Her hand gripped more firmly on my hand.

"Could you believe that I surprised myself humming old songs from our years together?"

Humming favourite songs has always been a sure sign that Maria was in tune with her life. Contentment of the moment always brings back a song. I can recall Maria and me sitting together on the front porch of my parent's house, her head on my shoulder, her arm around my waist and humming the latest pop song.

"And you?" she asked. "Have you been dating since your divorce?"

The question took me out of my reveries. I was starting to feel real good in her company and I sure didn't want to lie to her. On the other hand, I didn't want to look like a wolfhound preying on young women.

"Well, I didn't date for nearly a whole year. I didn't date at all. But I had a few unexpected encounters with a neighbour. Nothing serious and... well, totally unexpected and with no future, that's for sure," I replied, being honest but withholding information about the age of my neighbour.

Note to self: break it off with Janice.

Maria let go of my hand. I felt like crap. Fortunately, the waiter came by the table to take our orders and offered a well-needed distraction.

The rest of the evening was uneventful. We reminisced about old time, happy time. Maria proved to be as ebullient and spontaneous as I recalled her. I surely hoped that she felt the same about me. After my divorce, I felt a bit crusty and old. Janice helped me recover a bit, but it was important to me that Maria would also find me still attractive. I didn't know yet what was in store for us, but I hoped for the best.

I took my leave around 9:00 o'clock, but this time we graduated to a light kiss on the lips. Which is not that strange when you consider that Maria and me had spent hours French kissing each other.

All week long, I was debating about driving again to meet Maria. She sealed the deal by phoning me.

"Hello Mark! I just want to tell you that you are better not drive over here this week-end," told me Maria.

My heart sank.

"But I would love to meet you for supper on Friday as I will be in town. Mind you, I have to be on the bus by 9 at the latest. I hate to drive," she added. Then I heard her giggling. "Gotcha!"

At the appointed time on Friday, I picked her at an office building downtown and drove to a nice Thai restaurant not too far from the bus station.

Coming from a work related meeting, Maria was dressed in simple black slacks and a purple shirt. Despite the conservative cut, I was sure that she still turned heads when she walked into a meeting. Mind you, I might be a bit partial.

My days and nights were filled with the memories – old and new – of my time with Maria. I was constantly daydreaming about her. Part of it was wishful thinking, but another part was hope.

We only had a couple of hours to be together, but it was simply wonderful. After three dates, I felt like we never were apart for 23 years. I still didn't know why she ditched me but it was now the least of my worries.

Was she interested in me? Was I just a comforting blast from the past that helped her deal with her sorrow? Was I something to be discarded again on a whim? Could I let myself open to another betrayal?

I wished with all my heart that she would be the next one. But I feared above all else was being rebuked again. I really needed to know why she broke it off 23 years ago. That could have a bearing on the way I opened up to her. That could determine if I had to let her go again or if I could dream of pushing things further.

One nice thing about this latest date was that we were holding hands a lot that evening. I was the first to put my hand on her hand. She then reached and covered my hand with hers, a simple caring look on her face.

We talked mostly about our years together, avoiding all reference to our married lives and the pain it carried. At the bus station, I leaned toward her for a simple kiss on the lips, but she lingered there for a while longer.

"Thanks for the evening Mark! I can't wait for the next time we meet," she said after breaking the kiss.

"See you next week-end. I'll phone you Thursday to fix where we will meet."

Shortly before midnight, I phoned her.

"Just phoning to make sure you made it in one piece," I said.

"How sweet of you! But I have to admit I didn't make it here in one piece... Part of me is still there with you," she said.

Wow that was unexpected, even if I wished it for weeks now. How to answer? I knew, with the same wit that first attracted her to me in the first place.

"It's the same for me. I will be a mindless zombie all week waiting for us to meet again because my whole mind will be with you, only with you," I answered.

"Well don't let your neighbour take advantage of your mindless body... I love you!"

That last statement left me floored. I was able to croak in desperation: "I love you too! Goodnight!" And I hung up.

Oh my God! Did we both just say the L word?

I had a hard time falling asleep. I thought I was moving too fast, so I had to reign in my feelings. But here she was and telling me that she loves me. I was confused and happy at the same time. Sight of her full gorgeous figure led me to a fitful sleep.

She was in bed with me. Her hands dropped my boxers down to my thighs and her lips went for my cock. She sucked me for a few second then started to lick me. My cock was now as hard as steel and she continued to suck me hard. Then she climbed on me and impaled herself on me. That's when I woke up totally.

Janice was on me and she was riding me as hard as she could. It felt wrong and it felt so good. I decided to take charge at that point. I grabbed Janice, turned her on her back and started to go down on her. As soon as I started to lick her clit, she went wild, humping her waist in an effort to make the feeling stronger. And she came. Hard! Real hard! For the first time in my life, I experienced a woman ejaculation. She was simply pissing on me. And she was vocal about it.

"Oh my God Daddy! Oh my God... Aargh!"

My sheets were wet but I didn't care. I got up and rammed my cock in her. I felt almost nothing. She was so lubricated! But I fucked her hard. It would be our last fuck and I wanted it to be memorable. After a few minutes of ramming my rod hard into her, I slid out, pulled her up a bit and had her to stand on her knees and elbows. Again I thrust my cock hard in her, doggy style.

While thrusting in and out, my fingers reached for her clit and my other hand started to finger fuck her ass. It didn't take long for both of us to come to a climax. I started to shoot my cum as she started to climax, furiously pushing her ass against my hips.

Without a single word being exchange in the process, we fell asleep in each other arms, wet sheets or not.

I woke up first. I went to the kitchen and made some coffee. An hour later, Janice came in the kitchen, naked and beautiful with her disheveled hair.

"Any coffee left?"

I got up and made her a cup of coffee, now stronger for the extra hour on the hot plate.

"Janice, I have to ask you for a favour," I said.

"Oh Mark, not this morning. My pussy is still sore from last night, and I have a splitting headache," answered Janice.

"No! Not that! I want to let you know that I met a woman that I really care about... a lot!" I said.

"Yeah!" she yelled. She got up and came to me and hugged me. Despite all I was thinking to say, the feeling of her firm breast on me had my head reeling. With a mind of itself, one hand went down and cupped an ass cheek. "I am so happy for you. You deserve a good woman. You are such a good man, and a good lover."

I dreaded this moment, and there she was totally happy for me. If I had my doubt, now I knew for sure that she didn't care for me at all. Yes, I have to admit that after our first encounters, I started to daydream about this young woman.

"Well I don't want to offend you or nothing, but what happened last night cannot not happen again. When I commit myself to a woman, the way I believe I will commit myself soon to my friend, it is a total commitment. No sex on the side," I explained.