When You Least Expect It Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Trent saw Emily go to get out of the car when Wes stopped her. He could tell it was not a hard grab, as he could not scent any pain. As Emily faced Wes, he heard their conversation.

"Are you sure about this. I have a bad feeling about it Emily. I don't want you to go." Trent saw Emily give him a gentle nod before responding, "Wes, I'll be ok. I will call you if I need you. Ok?" "Makes me feel better," Wes, replied as he let go of her arm and Emily proceeded to get out of the car.

Trent watched Wes leave then watched what Emily did.

Emily turned around when Wes had driven off that. Walking to the edge of the cliff, Emily stopped when she got 3 metres away. Trent watched as Emily looked over the town before walking towards a trail off to the left. Before she could go too far, Trent jumped out behind her. Covering her mouth with his hand and carried her to his car. He put her in the back and got in with her softly closing the door behind himself.

****

Before I even took two steps, someone jumped out behind me. Grabbed me around my waist and had a hand over my mouth before I even got the chance to make a sound. Forcing me into his built chest was the first inclination that I had my attacker was male. As he lifted me, he took me to a car. Lifting me up and pushing into the back, he climbed in after, softly closing the door behind him.

When I was in the car, I fully registered what was happening and began trying to scream. As I started, the man lets my mouth go. Stunned by this, I stopped yelling and turned around to face him. Looking straight into his light brown eyes. He looked to be in his early to mid-thirties. Smaller than I thought, but still had an impressive physique.

"Please stay quiet for one minute," he sympathetically asked. The only thing I could do at that point was nod yes. "Thank you" the strange man acknowledged as he leant into the front and pushed a button. "Ok, now we can talk." He said turning around to face me.

"What do you mean now we can talk?" I copied. He looked amused and not at the same time. "I can't tell you everything because you are not mine to tell. But if we keep our voices low, James won't hear what I'm about to say."

I looked at him as if he was crazy because he was and when I did not respond he took that as a sign to continue. "I need some clothing so I can mask my scent and save you when James attempts to abduct you." Now this got my attention. However, before I said anything, he continued. "How do I know that? Well, I have been watching him watching you. I have put a tracker on his car, so even if he is successful in taking you, I will not be too far behind. You still ok?"

I was shocked and just stared at him, mouth open and with eyes wide. Something about him that had me ready to trust him. I gave my jumper to him without a second thought. "Thank you" he responded. "I'm Trent by the way and just know that I will do whatever I can to have you leave here on our own and not with James." Trent continued before opening the door and giving me a nod of his head.

I slid out with so many questions running around in my head and walked back towards the trail. As I was nearing the clearing, I just kept thinking, "What is he going to do to me?" I never made it to the clearing. He grabbed from behind and time I knew it was James. He shoved me into the back of his jeep, secured my mouth first then arms and legs before applying a blindfold. He took me by surprise while I was close to the clearing I still had a two-minute walk.

Trent said that I could trust him, rely on him. Now I am blindfolded and tied down. I did not like my odds for survival.

****

'I got her. I finally have her.' James thought as he drove through the thick woods. It was a liberating feeling, knowing that he had Emily, as he drove towards his cabin. Anyone following James would get lost, as he did not take the main trails. Thinking it was too good to be true, that his dream came true. No one would be missing her yet. He knew someone would eventually but not yet. For now, they were all alone.

After tying Emily down, he cut the small bag from her and chucked it in the nearby bushes. Knowing how vulnerable James had made Emily brought a smile to his face all on its own. In James' mind, this was a great day for him.

****

Trent did not think James would allow Emily to make it all the way the chosen meeting spot and he hated how right he was right. Two minutes after leaving his sight, Trent saw James throwing Emily's bag into the bushes. Closing the back and opening the drivers door, James got in and started the engine. Heading north fast, like he was worried about who might have seen.

Trent took the time to grab the bag out of the bushes then run back up the trail to his car. As soon as he got in, Trent checked the GPS locator. Needing to find the direction James is travelling. Seeing James was not taking any mapped path, set Trent back due to his car. Doing the only thing, he could. He called Lucas. Needing the Alphas go-ahead to go after James. Allowing James to outsmart him, Trent knew Lucas would be angry.

****

Lucas was concluding the conference call with Karl Pinale, the Alpha of the Pinale pack. As his phone begun ringing, Lucas looked at the caller ID. Seeing that it was Trent, he apologised to Karl, needing to take the call. "I'm sorry my friend, this is pack business. May I return this call in half hour?" Lucas inquired, as his phone completed ringing and started again.

"Yes, of course, I understand quite well." Karl laughingly replied as he ended the call from his side.

Lucas' phone had finished ringing for the second time and had started for the third time. "Yes Trent, what is it?" somewhat frustrated he answered. He hated making these Alpha calls for the unmated gatherings and did not want to be calling anyone back. He was just glad that he would not have to do it for another eleven years.

"James has the girl." Trent quickly reported. No one likes giving bad news to the Alpha, even if the Alpha is a friend. "And it looks like he is going to go into Pinale territory with her," Trent added as an afterthought.

"DAM IT!" exclaimed Lucas angrily, flipping over his chair as he stood and started pacing.

****

Lucas' sister Henrietta Lakeson was on her way it to see her brother about the conference calls and another personal matter when she heard his exclamation. Without thinking twice, Henrietta ran to her brother's office and pulled open the door. Inside she saw Lucas pacing and stopped. She instantly saw there was bothering him.

****

Lucas stopped pacing when his office door suddenly opened and his sister Henrietta burst through.

"I thought that you were watching him so that you could stop something like this from happening. How could you allow this to happen?" Lucas inquired calmer than before, not wanting his sister to worry. Deciding to put the phone on speaker so his sister could also hear. Not that his sister would not be able to hear. Werewolves have improved senses, hearing just one of them. Their hearing makes it hard to keep a secret.

"I was watching James, but the trail was not a trail. He went off the road. Not only that but James would have scented me if I were to get any closer." Trent stopped explaining. The explanation was not needed, but a plan was. "Lucas, I need to know if I follow him or come back to the den."

Lucas needed to think it through carefully. By the time Trent returns, he can return the call to the Pinale Alpha, Karl. "We will decide on a course of action when you arrive back home." Lucas responded before hanging up.

Looking towards his sister, Lucas could see the questions written on her face.

"Loo, What is going on?" Henri asked in a worried tone and with a worried expression on her face. Lucas liked it when his sisters would call him Loo. All three of his sisters called him that when they were little and could not say his name. Only his sisters are allowed to call him Loo. Henrietta, as the eldest of Lucas' sisters, was named as Alpha bitch. Until the day that Luna would bless Lucas with his mate, Henrietta will reign alongside him. Therefore, Lucas could not keep what was occurring from her.

Lucas looked at his sister, righted his chair and sat down. Henri rounded his desk and sat in his lap. Knowing that Henri becomes affectionate when she comes close to her heat, Lucas did not worry about it.

"I have been worried about James over the past three months. When he arrived back at one thirty, I decided to have Trent follow him. I want to know what it is he is doing." Lucas paused before continuing. "While James was human he was in a long-term relationship with a human named Emily Rubbinson. In the months following James' turning, his relationship collapsed. Now he cannot let go of the girl. He has become obsessed with her." Lucas concluded.

When he looked at Henri, he saw shock and worry on her face. "Well, what are we doing to do? We cannot let him go around like is. We've let him slide for too long because we had no idea how the rogue bite would affect him." Henri responded angrily.

"First off," Lucas calmly informed, "I am going to finish my call with Karl Pinale while also getting permission to enter his territory. After I have informed the Betas, who will be involved, a pack meeting will be called. You can ready the pack for worst case scenario and also the infirmary for her if needed." Lucas finished before adding "And if she does come back, make sure only those with authorization are around her." Lucas found it hard to concentrate with his sister rubbing against him.

"Do we have time for a quickie?" Henri needed to know. She was nearing her heat and was currently very horny.

"Please find one of our brothers. Danny is somewhere, as well as Des and Joe. Now I have the plans to make and see over." Henri stood up in acceptance of his request. Lucas stood up with her. Kissing his sister on top of her head and mumbled his thanks before sitting back down getting ready to resume his conference call.

****

Trent still had fifteen minutes until he arrived at the den when his phone started to ring. As he went to answer his phone, Trent discovered it was not his phone. It was Emily's. Seeing Wes' name on the called ID, Trent placed the phone on speaker and continued driving.

"Emily! Where are you? Why are you not answering my texts?" Wes started, sounding relieved.

"This is Trent Dayson. I have Emily's phone this moments as..." However, before Trent could continue, Wes interrupted him.

" Who are you? What do you mean that you have her phone? Where is Emily?" Wes screamed down the line.

Trent sighed, he knew Wes would be worried about Emily. He had driven her to meet with James. Her other friends would probably worry about her too, soon enough. "Where are you? Grab the rest of your friends and we will meet somewhere where I can explain what is going on." Trent replied. He was anger at himself and Lucas was not going to like this.

Turning the car around, Trent drove back towards the house that James was watching. "Everyone is already at the house. So meet me there." Wes gave his address and went to hang up as Trent responded. "I will be there in fifteen." As they disconnected the call. Trent put Emily's phone down and picking up his, called Lucas.

As soon as Lucas picked up, Trent started to talk. "I am going to be a good half hour, if not longer. Emily's friends have started calling her phone. I am meeting with them at one of their houses to explain as little as I can." Trent finished and waited for Lucas to reply. He hoped his Alpha gave him something positive.

"Fine, but get them to follow you to the den instead of sitting around and waisting time. I need your help here." Lucas offered before also adding, "Having them here could calm Emily when we find and bring her back." Agreeing with Lucas' assessment, Trent ended the call and continued to the address.

****

That was not the first time that Lucas had mentioned Emily by name and was surprised by how much he had enjoyed saying her name. Emily. He had to be careful. Being attached to a human would not be good.

****

Pulling up to the house, Trent parked on the nature strip. Seeing them, standing on the front lawn surprised Trent. He did not expect them to be waiting for him there. Leaving the vehicle, Trent went over to them. When he reached them, he asked if they could get into cars and follow him. Trent walked towards his car telling them to call Emily's phone.

Before they were able to get too far, Alix's brothers arrived. Kaleb and Jeremey were curious as to where they were going. Pulling into the drive in front of the other cars, they got out and went towards Alix.

"Kaleb. Jeremey. What are you doing here?" Alix was surprised and looked down at her phone. "Ops forgot you were getting me at half past 12."

"Why? Where are you going?" Kaleb spoke more curious than when they arrived.

"While we stand here, wasting time, James has Emily." James interrupted, barely able to contain his frustration.

When Trent finished, Kaleb, Jeremey and Trent shared a look with each other. Alix could not be sure, but she thought that something was acknowledged between them before Kaleb responded.

"James? As in..."

"Yes," Trent replied quickly, cutting off Kaleb's response. "If we could please move to the cars?" Trent continued before walking to his car.

Trent was surprised when Wes followed him to his car and proceeded to get in as well. Turning his head, Trent nodded to Wes, which Wes returned. When they were five minutes into their journey, Trent instructed Wes that Emily's phone was in his glovebox. Retrieving the phone, Wes dialled Rachael first who was with Frank, Justin and Brandon. When that call was connected, Wes connected it with Alix who was with Maddy, Kaleb and Jeremey.

"Ok first up, a little over half an hour ago Emily was taken by James, to whom she had gone to meet with to try and end his stalking. I was there as I was following James. The past seven months, James' behaviour has had us concerned as to what he would do. That is why I was there." Trent started, trying update everyone. However, before anyone could ask a question, he continued.

"Two years ago when James nearly died, it was because a rogue werewolf had bitten him and passed on the were gene. Our pack welcomed him and taught him about were life. However James has never fully accepted that he is no longer human and has become dangerous even by our stands."

When Trent was about to continue, Maddy interrupted.

"So, you are saying that werewolves are real and the for the past two years James has been one?"

"Yes," Trent answered before elaborating. "I know you do not believe me now and may think of me as crazy. But when we arrive at the den, where we live, I will show you. I would show you now, but I'm currently driving." Trent humorously said which lightened the mood with a few chuckles from everyone.

Trent continued once the laughter had died down. "What you need to be aware of is that werewolves are also human, but they are also a wolf. Our aim is to live together harmoniously, human and wolf in one being, which happens. It always happens because werewolf law states that you cannot turn someone against his or her will. When you turn someone against their will, until the human accepts that they no longer are a single person, there is no balance between the human and the wolf. Either is always trying to show dominance over the other.

Now and then, a rogue werewolf, someone without a pack, will bite/claw someone without their consent and force them to become one of us. James hasn't fully accepted that he is now also an animal, that animal is trying to take control of him which has heightened his emotions, senses and all that being a wolf adds." The seriousness in Trent's voice is what had everyone taking notice of what he was explaining.

Wes was the first one to speak up. "What does that mean for Emily? If James hasn't accepted who he is, will he hurt her?" concern creeping into the question.

"I don't know. I was hoping Rachael, Alix and Maddy could fill me in on their relationship." Trent carefully asked. Understanding that this topic was delicate.

Speaking first, Rachael told them what she understood. "Emily's and James' relationship lasted three years. Emily had just turned 15 when they first started dating. James was 18 and finishing up year 12. The first year they acted like friends. You would not have even known they were dating. I think it was because they were still at school. The next six months, the relationship reached the point where James was asking for sex. Emily just kept saying no, she wanted to be a virgin when she reached 18. It was then James changed.

Emily believed James was using steroids. It appeared that overnight he bulked up. James also became quick to temper and always jealous. He became restrictive with what they would do. Then in the final few months of their relationship, he became overtly sexually towards her. It scared Emily because when he would become drunk, he would become aggressive and try to push her into sex."

Trent did not like hearing that. Werewolves are sexual animals. When the females are in heat, the males go into rut. Nothing can stop them. Now he had to decide whether to tell them the truth. Telling them the truth would have them worrying about Emily more, but they were already worried. Lying to them would be simple but what would happen if they found out he had lied to them?

From the look on Trent's face, Wes did not like what he was thinking. "What's the matter, Trent? What part of that has you looking worried?" That snapped Trent out of his thoughts and decided to go with the truth.

"Werewolves are sexual by nature. When we want sex, we have it. Nudity or someone witnessing is not an issue for us. As soon as a female has her first heat and is a willing participant, they can have sex with anyone. The females go into, what we call estrus. To you, they enter their most fertile part of their cycle. Compared to humans, once every month cycle, werewolves only go through estrus three times a year. During these periods, the female can get pregnant, but only by their mate. If they do not have a mate, it is four to ten days of nothing but sex, sleep and eating with whoever they want. The boys have to be sixteen. As soon as they turn sixteen, the same rules apply to them." Trent paused before continuing.

"Therefore, refusing James' advances, considering his status, is a huge factor. A werewolves life revolves around their rank within their pack. Most are happy where they are, but a few will try and move up the ranks. With training, James could move from Theta to Beta. Before you ask, I will explain our ranks." Trent paused. Wanting to explain as clearly as possible.

"Werewolves have four ranks. Each one is different and important. Omega's are responsible for the pack running smoothly. They do everything from cooking and cleaning to looking after the children, checking supplies, the gardening, running the hospital and other tasks. Omega's do tasks given by any of the ranks. Theta's do tasks given by Beta's or help them with the completion of their own. They also help the Omega's with their tasks. Beta's help the Alpha's. The top three female and male Beta's are selected by the Alpha's and tested before approved. When the Alpha's are away they fill-in.

Alpha's are the leaders. They look after the whole of the pack, making sure that they have everything that they need. They take care of their emotional, physical and general wellbeing. Though treated with equal respect, the Alpha bitch also answers to the Alpha. Our Alpha's are currently brother and sister. Werewolves mate for life, so when Lucas, our Alpha, finds his mate they will complete a ceremony that will recognise the two as mates and her as the new Alpha." Trent stopped so everyone could take in what he had just told them.