All Comments on 'Where the Lines Overlap Ch. 09'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
I_am_MidnightI_am_Midnightalmost 8 years ago
Nice to have friends in High places 👏👏👏

Thank you Will....

Taron and Kev...together

My weekend has officially started on a high note....*high_5*

canndcanndalmost 8 years ago
Will rocks!!

Though I'm not sure how it's fair to others of the same class whose relationships are ended or hurt by postings, but I guess bc so few interclass relationships occur, those are the ones they must try to save if change is going to happen? Didn't taron's bitch mom admit she had something to do with his posting on the other side of the moon or did she just mean she got the info on the posting from her contact? It works make sense bc didn't his boss or someone say it wasn't common for a posting to be so far from home?

It's an interesting thought or example of how much change in any society is hampered by what society teaches us. Kev himself is struggling so much with all the reasons he was taught why interclass relationships shouldn't work. you think how those who bring change to a society may have to fight their own beliefs as well as those of society at large.

I certainly hope it works out for them. They have work to do on how they interact as well as dealing with their own demons. But, I'm glad I even won't be out there alone away from family, his friends and his man.

musicfreakmusicfreakalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Author's note

I just want to clear this up. Taron's mom had nothing to do with Kev's posting. When she said she called a friend, she meant on how she found out that Kevin was moving to sector 76.

And while it may seem unfair to natal relationships that are affected by moving, I'd like to emphasize that moving so far is really a rare occurrence. Even if posted further away from home, most are not as far as what Kev was experiencing. And yes, a lot of it is the view that natals are thought to have. How to be happy with what they have, and so many natals are very satisfied with life. Societal pressure is a major part of this story and this series (The Lunar Life and Where the Lines Overlap).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I feel bad for Natals

There treated just above second class citizens, like the dumb sheep that'll be happy wherever they're placed. All people are different, even among the supposed sheep, there are differences. The world is full of endless variety. People are full of endless, wonderful variety. It is not natal and elite, black and white. It is that and every shade in-between. It's the ignorance of the slightly elite leaning natal or the elite with some natal tendencies that harms. That, and just placing people willy nilly with disregard for the close familial and platonic ties that sustain all people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Omg so glad they got back together! Love Will and Thane's story too!

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 8 years ago

So, I'm the only one wonders how Kev has enough shit to fill two hovercrafts? LOL Also: elites are dumb for smart people. Shame on Will for not immediately thinking about reassigning Kev. (He tested as an elite, so he counts, dammit.) And Alena is a psychologist. I thought she knew all along how Ken felt about her. Kev seems to be a deeper thinker than all of them!

Sorry this story is coming to an end. I hope you write more soon, musicfreak. It doesn't matter what planet they're based on. :0)

musicfreakmusicfreakalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@geemeedee

Well, even elites are prone to moments of idiocy. Haha. As for Alena...well...read the next chapter. Haha

Yes, it is kinda sad that this is ending but all things must come to an end eventually right. Haha. Besides, when one door closes, another opens.

sm1982sm1982almost 8 years ago
Yay!

I'm glad they were able to work things out even though Ken had tricked his twin (already read the entire story, just getting around to commenting)! I don't know why people are calling Will dumb in the comments for not thinking to transfer Kevin sooner. Why would he even think that when Kevin and Taron were going through their problems including no longer being together? Will is a very busy man with a ton of responsibility, why would he keep track of what Kevin and Taron have going on? Besides, he would need them to be back together and appearing to want to work things out before even considering the transfer anyway because Kevin, Taron and Alena would have to state how much the distance was affecting their relationship, etc.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous