All Comments on 'Where There’s a Will'

by imbu23201

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
LaRascasseLaRascasseover 7 years ago
Open ended goodness

I love the way this story leaves the ending open to interpretation. Whether Dana bends, breaks or frees her chains to kill her captor - all hidden behind a faint smile.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 7 years ago
AMG! You went with the title!

Squeeee! I love the premise of this story. Just perfect!

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 7 years ago
Love it

Love that the ending is subtle...did she didn't she manipulate it. ..of course she did and that's what makes this special.

Lovely story.

sexymomma57sexymomma57over 7 years ago
Loved it

This story was awesome!

KindAsCakeKindAsCakeover 7 years ago
So good!

Well written, subtle world building without being too explicit, just the right amount to tell a story and let our imagination fill in the blanks. Thank you!

GoldeniangelGoldeniangelover 7 years ago
Love it!

This was so different but so good! So hot but so sad! And then right at the end - BOOM... twist? Maybe???

Would love to see a follow-up, although another part of me just wants it to end here so I can imagine a thousand diff reasons for that smile.

LOVED this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing

I really enjoyed this piece. Hope you continue your work with Dana's journey.

verbicideverbicideover 7 years ago
Spectacular!

This was a fantastic story. I loved the interaction between the characters, the subtext of Beau and Dana's relationship and even the meta-textual implications of what brainwashing does to a person (i.e. mind control is the murder of self). Everything about the story was absolutely delightful. This is one of the few instances where I wish I could dole out more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!

Fantastic story! I'd love to read about what led them to this point and what comes after!

SteffiOlsenSteffiOlsenabout 7 years ago
Sexy and smart

This is the third time I've read this story and I still love it! Ten stars! Oh, wait... damn you, Lit! Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Need More!

Okay! There needs to be more of this!

LemonLimeBittersLemonLimeBittersalmost 6 years ago

One of my favourite stories. Love the message of this story, no soul no fun.

elleayeareelleayearealmost 6 years ago
Exceptional

This is like reading an episode of Black Mirror.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

It's obviously not open ended. She won. He's reversing the program and she knew he would if she showed him that it would destroy everything he liked about her. That smile was not ambiguous. But letting her win is only a rather small victory, it's akin to him declaring his love for her, that he would never hurt her too badly that she would cease to be herself. She might keep trying to kill him but that's honestly the stupidest thing she could do. If not for him her mind would have already be erased, because she'd in the program regardless. If she kills him, her mind would still be erased. His survival is the only thing keeping her from being erased.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is one of the best-written short stories I've seen lately, and certainly leaps and bounds better than what I've a right to expect here and for free! Thank you for sharing it and my thoughts probably echo some of those above - the amount of world-building is perfect for the length of the story, we know everything we need to know. Which brings me to the premise, which is chilling to the point where the eroticism is absolutely secondary. And I'm completely fine with that, in fact it's perfect. Almost as perfect as the ending, which is wonderful and keeps the reader guessing - the only kind of ending that really sticks, in my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous