All Comments on 'While We have This Moment Ch. 02'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Daaaamn

Came here for sexy stories. Then I get this:

"As far as marriage and family, I lived on the side of hope-not-yet-realized. There was a certain anxiety, a nervousness and yet an excitement on that side of things. The world was filled with possibility, diminishing though it may seem over the years. Aaron, however, lived on the side of hope-disappointed. Marriage may have done more harm than good... Marriage was not a happy prospect for him but rather a painful memory. Left alone to rebuild in the wake of the mess his ex-wife had left, of course he was struggling. Who wouldn't? "

That's dark, bro. And deep.

5 stars for the writing. But I hope you have a plan to get them through this shit before the story is over...

Also, best dry-humping scene I've ever read.

nestorb30nestorb30over 6 years ago
Very well written and engaging

Ok this is a great story, really enjoying it. BUT she is a nurse and the first thing that comes to her mind is drug addiction and not Chemo? Look I get it she has a family history of addiction issues, but really that is the only conclusion she comes to when someone is losing weight and looks tired is drugs?

SilencedsnowSilencedsnowover 6 years ago
So much feels

I’m an already feel the torment and tears that are going to hit us if not in this next chapter in the one after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Just amazing. You are truly an amazing writer.

I can relate to this story too much. Aside all the great aspects of it, you gave me a lot of a insights/advices 😂❤️❤️❤️

Rake456Rake456over 6 years ago
Great stuff!

I'm liking where you're going with this so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Agree with nestorb30

I know Denise is sensitive about drugs because of Brett, but my first thought when Aaron came home with his cousin, was cancer. I have a relative that went through chemo, and she was wiped out afterwards - a little pale, weak, and groggy. And that's exactly Aaron's behavior.

I'm surprised Denise didn't pick up on Aaron's answer to "how long" when he said, "Less than three years." I read that line as Aaron having less than 3 years left to live, rather than him doing drugs for that long. Besides, if he were answering about drug use, he'd probably not use the word "less" and instead say, "about 3 years" or "over 2 years". This theory also explains why he's asking her about what she would do differently if they were "her kids".

Of course this is all my guess, and I'm not sure how she'll feel when she does find out (assuming Aaron's sick) because she'll know how exhausting it will be to care for him and his kids (though if she loves him, I'm guessing she'll do it anyway).

Wonderful story!

luv2read2

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

nice romantic story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You lost me, the Denise character's thoughts about lifestyle choices are too cliched, black and white and judgemental for my taste. I don't share her thoughts about priorities in life. I'm just not interested in reading a longuish story about that person.

I wouldn't dream to try and convince a Denise to change her goals or her views, but I detest the way she thinks about traditional families. She's implying that every woman who is staying at home to raise children is forced into it by a husband. The same way in her thoughtts she makes giving birth and caring for children something low, something demeaning. She also seems intent on reversing traditional roles- why?

And just because the almost boyfriend asks her about her views about children and family he is already pressuring and shaping her into his sex toy and incubator in her mind? I have no problems with people forming partnerships to their likings and preferences. Still, a family is the result a bond between people intent on 'producing' children and raise and educate them thus perpetuating the own genes, the human race and human society. Someone going into a partnership with the intend to neither have children of their own nor raising children that, for some reason, don't have a/ the biological parent(s) in their lives, is not building a family.

You can call a vulcano a well, you still won't be able to get drinking water from it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...