Whitewash High: Rising Sun Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Posters plastered the walls, all of various pornographic films his company produced. All of them lewd and crude, advertising to an eccentric demographic. The office fronted for the illegal brothels and street walkers running the streets. He could see one of the girls, through the window, dressed in a fur coat, heels, and cocktail dress, walking out in front.

Nik's medical bill put a dent in his coffers, but the gangster didn't feel a tinge of regret. The cost of doing business. A heavy cost, but one that came with the benefit of trust. Musashi lived by a self-imposed code of honor. Deplorable, murderous, and vile, but still honorable. Any yakuza knew if he said something would be done, it'd be done. A deal was a deal.

X

Nik laid there in the hospital bed, staring out the window into a horizon of nothingness. A sea of blue skies. Nurses and doctors spoke words that went in one ear and out the other. Two weeks had passed since being rescued from the torture house. One week of waking up covered in sweat, screaming out from nightmares. Being in an isolated wing kept the fuss to a minimum.

"Knock knock, I see we're awake," Musashi said, joking, as he walked in with a couple boxes.

"Musashi? What are you doing here?"

"I'm paying for the room and treatment. You look better than when I saw you the first night."

"I feel like shit," Nik admitted. "I shouldn't be alive right now."

Tears streaked his face again. Ever since he awoke, he had crying bouts. Every time he thought of Anri, tears flowed with a mind of their own.

"Why did this happen to us? I thought you said we would be safe. You fucking told me we'd be safe!" he shouted at Musashi.

The yakuza could only look away, sighing, trying to find the right words.

"Why? Dammit, why?!" Nik asked again.

"If I interfered then my head would be on a platter in front of my boss right now."

"So you served us up instead? Anri didn't do anything. She was innocent. Why did they take her?"

Tears kept streaming but anger flushed his cheeks more. Teeth and fingers clenched, primed to punch something.

"Calm down, okay. I get it, you're pissed. You better find something to focus that rage on because you're going to be in this bed for months."

"You want me focused? I want Ueno dead. You told me you owed me a life debt. Kill him."

"Just like that? Great thinking gaijin. I'll just walk up to him in his personal compound and splatter his brains into his bowl of noodles. Why didn't I think of that before?"

"Don't mock me, Musashi. I want him dead."

"I've already paid off the life debt, Nik. I got you out of that hell house, and am fixing you up in a private hospital. No strings, no questions asked. When the doctors get you back to one hundred percent, you'll be free to go back to your school job if you want to risk Ueno getting wind of you again."

"I want him dead," Nik repeated himself.

"Are you a broken record? Fuck me, it ain't that simple. This isn't a movie or a video game. Everything comes with a price."

"What's the price?"

"Do you have a death wish?" Musashi asked, surprised at Nik's conviction.

"He took the love of my life away from me. Have you ever met a girl who you felt free with? Free of taboo and games, free of trying to put on an act, just letting go and enjoying each second together. No stumbling over impressing her or worried about saying the right words lest she'll lose immediate interest and run off. I could stare all day, tongue tied and happy. Holding hands, walking down the street, simple activities felt special. He took her away from me, defiled her. My life died in that warehouse."

"You're a complete wreck, know that? I get it. You want revenge, but right now you're useless in this state. You're burnt in the head. You want it too bad. You're going to be sloppy and get us all spending the night in another torture house."

Musashi took his fedora off and tossed it on the bed.

"You want revenge? Fine. But there is a price. A big fucking price."

"Name it," Nik replied.

"It is too far off, and because I like you I'm not going to make a deal with you broken like this. Before you can even hope to pay the price, you need to speak fluent Japanese. Can't do that, you're a liability. Nine months, that is how long the doctors said you'd be on the mend for. That metal ankle needs getting used to as well. Tech isn't cheap. Will definitely need to hit the gym hard once doctors give the okay. Tomorrow, I'll have one of the nurses bring you some language books. I'd suggest striking up a conversation with them during your checkups. If you can't pass my language test in nine months, you're cut loose. Wakarimasu ka?"

"Yeah, I understand."

"Not the pep talk I wanted to give, but at least I know you're not going to blow your own brains out. Rest up. I'll drop in again next time I have business in town."

"Where am I?" Nik asked.

"Hokkaido. Sapporo. Needed to get you far from Aichi as possible. As far as your school knows, you got into a car wreck while on a trip to Kyushu. That way, if anyone checks up on you through the school, they'll be on a wild goose chase far from here. Besides, the cold shouldn't bother a gaijin."

Musashi picked up his fedora and walked off. Just as he opened the door, Nik spoke to him again.

"Thanks."

Musashi didn't acknowledge the reply, simply slipping out to leave Nik to his thoughts. The foreigner stared at the wall, glaring a hole through the cheap décor. The breakfast tray remained on the side table. The nurse never came to pick it up yet. Nik took the knife and without hesitation sliced the palm of his hand wide open. It took a strong cut for the dull blade to complete its mission. Fresh blood seeped out, welling up and spilling out a tightly clenched fist.

"I swear I'll avenge you Anri. I'll ruin their lives and destroy their entire organization. They'll feel exactly what you felt."

12