All Comments on 'Why a Stud Ranch For Women Won't Work'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Very well said

I completely agree with your main points. I don't think a stud farm for women will ever be tremendously successful. And you raised a point at the end that hadn't crossed my mind -- the always inherent possibility that a male prostitute might get a customer pregnant. I don't care what sort of release you might have the women customers sign, it will still rebound back on the facility and the "stud" involved if pregnancy occurs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Duh...

Haven't you ever heard of contraception?

NafsAmaraNafsAmaraalmost 16 years ago
Good on you!

I think there will be some who take up Heidi's 'offer'. However your basic thesis is sound. The brain stem has a lot to answer for, but looking after the next generation is not one of them. What you say is basic to our being.

The only possible variation is the post menopausal perhaps? That is the stereotype in my mind that would find this option attractive. The other possibility is the 'unattractive', those that have admitted to themselves that 'with one of these I can get all of those I want', doesn't apply to them.

Thank you for a thoughtful article.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 16 years ago
Reasonably well-written, but I disagree.

We used to think women would never do a lot of things they now do. Infidelity among married women was rare 50 years ago, for example. One might argue that women were having affairs but were more adept at keeping affairs secret than men, or perhaps they would not admit the truth in so-called anonymous surveys, and thus the statistics were skewed and inaccurate. But studies of lesbian relationships have shown a tendency towards monogamy among women while studies of gay men indicate a tendency towards promiscuity and multiple partners -- the San Francisco bath houses in the 1970's and 1980's (until AIDS made headlines) being a good example. Lesbian "bath houses" apparently never took off. Of course, one can't generalize about heterosexual female behavior from observations of lesbians, yet the promiscuity issue seems parallel in both groups based on data from previous generations. Today, however, we find statistics that suggest a surprising percentage of children in a marriage are fathered by males who are not the husbands. We never expected women to attend male exotic dance shows (male strippers), yet a significant number of women do partake in this. Male escorts for women have been available for a long time, and it is not uncommon for the escort to provide sexual favors in addition to being a companion at a party. I believe a male prostitute "ranch" for women is inevitable and could very well be successful in these changing times. The stereotype is that women have affairs because their husbands are not sensitive, not providing companionship, not praising their attractiveness, are away a lot (i.e., military husbands), but not because of sexual dissatisfaction with their husbands. And if a woman wants just pure sex, she need not pay for it -- she can just pick up a man at a bar and get laid whenever she likes. But she is risking exposure to STD's, violence, and perhaps discovery or even blackmail if she is married and decides to cheat with an unknown male. By using some of her independent income to go to a "stud ranch," she gets some assurance of discretion, she gets an experienced lover who will make her feel attractive, and there is some protection against disease since licensed brothels in Nevada are inspected and the prostitutes all undergo testing for STD's several times per year. Women partake of massage, days of beauty, and now, they will be able to get that great orgasm provided by a partner, not just an inanimate object. I bet there is a future in this and many nay-sayers will be surprised.

aliaspeterjaliaspeterjalmost 16 years ago
You make some good points,,,

You make good points, but I wonder if your argument is based more in what you know to be true (despite your citations of various experts) than what is probable. It strikes me that women's social and sexual attitudes have moved forward not gradually, but in great shifts. A big step forward was voting rights, the next the Rosie the riveter phase where necessity drove women into the marketplace (though most left after the war, the myth of women being helpless in the business world had been broken). The next big advancement was the pill or the ability of women to control their reproduction. This combined with the business world accepting women into it in high numbers meant that a woman could stay single and be successful as long as they wanted, and not be a spinster aunt relying on the charity of relatives or one of the few with great family wealth. Most recently it has been women's sexual mores that have changed. Look at the phenomenon of male strip clubs, here women act just like males at nudie bars. Also think of the "Sex in the City" phenomenon, no longer are women scared to admit sexual enjoyment or to brag on their escapades or even to dehumanize their dates so that their talking more about men as if looking for an accessory to match their decor, here decor may mean vagina as witnessed by the character in the show Mr. Big.

Also in a recent article in a major news publication, I think it was the Washington Post or Newsweek, their was a story about how young women's sexual behavior had been changing, that there were now groups of women who took part in a casual hook-up culture, regularly participating in one night stands but done without regret or vast inebriation or with the expectation that they were looking for a boyfriend. The piece pointed out that many women now had plans that included medical school or law school or other advanced degrees nd because of this they didn't want to go through the sturm und drang of serious relationships. They weren't going to marry a high school boyfriend and be tied down to where he lived or went to school, and they didn't want to marry a college boyfriend for the same reason. They wanted to achieve their professional goals before looking for a permanent relationship.

As a whole, this female chronicle proves that women are no longer slaves to their reproductive system or what men, or older women think of them ... women including their aunts, mothers and grandmothers who lived under great societal pressure to find a man, marry him and produce children as soon as possible.

Basically I agree that male brothels wouldn't work ... up until the point that there is another change in female self consciousness at which point they could be just another realized impossibility in the evolution of male/female dynamics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Victorian attitude

Your Victorian attitude has obviously clouded your judgment. Small things like overlooking the vasectomy trumpets the lack of thought in your article. Plenty of women will pay. Heidi Fleiss will probably do very well in Pahrump, Nevada.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisquealmost 16 years ago
Right for the wrong reasons

I totally accept that a male brothel is ulikely to succeed but I don't buy your reasoning which I find too analytical. Despite the eternal efforts of male writers here to persuade us our only problems are shyness and nervousness of getting a female stripper to give us a lapdance, the biological realities weigh out.

The wired-in male reaction - Darwin supported - is to spread his genetic seed as wide as possible to regenerate the DNA. He judges women, quite reasonably, on their physical ability to be a mother of his child. Big breasts, wide hips and the bit from pre-history, attractive ass. Guys wear condoms and pay to fuck.

Women choose men to copulate with to produce the best babies. A man can screw a thousand broads, a woman gets pregnant from a single man.

The problem on this site in Loving Wives is that the guys don't understand. Women don't screw around unless there is a very serious emotional issue. They flirt, dodge around the problem, sip spritzers behind the sofa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The real reason a Stud Ranch would not work

is because a man tires more quickly than a woman. Any guy who tells you different is a liar. A woman can fuck all night long, but a guy can only go three or four times. Then he needs rest. Yeah, most guys say "oh I can fuck all night long". Maybe once or twice a week, if that. A man simply cannot have that many orgasms on a everyday basis. His body needs time to recover. Another point is that a client would not be satisfied if a man came too quickly. How do they pay for that? Come on, let's be realistic here. There are too many variables involved with this to be successful. It is great in theory, but in the real world you'd have to have five times as many men who would work at a place like that than women who work at a place like that. Commen sense tells you that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
somewhat agree

Though I would say that the main reason why women won't be up for going to a stud ranch would be that they can often have their pick at any club or bar for free. More risks are involved sure but free is free, often with free drinks/dinner tossed in. Given that women are the ones who control relationships in the form of acceptance or rejection of a romantic offer, not many are going to be inclined to pay for "it". Unless they're that low on the "beauty ladder", often the same reason guys go to hookers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
what is missed here

Any woman can place an ad on craigslist and get pretty much anything she would specify. If she wants a hunky man with STD tests, those guys are available readily. If she wants to be a sugar momma, that rule is legal and again readily available.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I don't think so....

I know so many successful, beautiful women who are feel they are in love with their men and have great relationships but still seek sex outside the relationship with no strings attached. A stud farm for women may just work.

don87654don87654almost 16 years ago
Too many free "studs"

This story/advisement makes on seriously look at the situation. Oftentimes too often, a cock is available for just about any pussy that is wet, and for free. A stud ranch is a nice thought, but not very appearing as profitable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I'm Not So Sure

Interesting essay. While I would agree that the market for a stud farm would be smaller than for the regular brothels, I’m not so sure this means that such a market might not exist.

I worked for a time in the tourism industry and it is a fact that there are sex-tourism destinations that actually cater to women, though they tend to be smaller niche markets. Examples include certain parts of the north coast of Jamaica that (at least back in the 90’s) would get a lot of Northern European women (mostly German) looking for a “vacation romance” with a local Rasta, often in exchange for some compensation. Conversely, there are plenty of places in Mexico where American women go to find a young “latin lover” to keep them company during their vacation, again often for some type of compensation.

Of course, these examples don’t completely negate your argument as they also highlight some important differences between the sexes. While many European men visiting traditional sex tourism destinations like Thailand tend to try to sample as many local women as possible during their vacation, these German women (as well as the American women in Mexico) tended to hook up with one guy for the duration and expected to be treated with a bit of romance.

Women paying for sex is also not a phenomena limited to those out for some vacation fun. A local newspaper here recently had an article about the most successful escort agency in town, noting that it has gradually evolved to where it now offers primarily male escorts to accompany local women. There are, of course, a lot more female escorts than male escorts, but since prostitution is legal here, most male customers prefer to go to certain well known upscale bars where they can chose their “date” in person, even if they are looking for more than a quick roll in the hay. Women seem inclined to be much more discreet about hiring the services of a male escort. Another interesting tidbit is that the escort agency estimates that as much as 70% of their female clients do end up asking for sex.

I think it’s pretty clear that there are plenty of women out there who will pay for sex under the right conditions. But whether there are enough of them willing to actually visit what amounts to a brothel, even while on vacation in Vegas, is another matter.

- Don Viajero

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a concept I hope gets encouraged. important to me

I think that the unscrupulous actions of men warrant more than just child support, and I can definitely see how a woman would cry on the inside because she is paying. although it's impulsive to say so, and because I am probably missing a number of thoughts on the subject, I want to ask why she should have to pay at all, when it's HIS FAULT she's feeling so horrible. if HE abandoned her, it's unfortunate that there isn't a way that somebody like HIM would have to pay, but I'm guessing in that kind of situation, she'd just want away from the jerk in every possible way, and the most important aspect may very well be a provider that seeks to give a way out without what she just went through. all in all, I suppose, despite total lack of experiene, that there is too much pain in those circumstances for any such service to be helpful at all. a part of me wonders still, if it wouldn't be horribly bad of an idea for a really, really open minded hubby to get for his wife on her birthday. If a man truly loves her, and there really WERE several if him to go around, it would really be awesome for all of them to focus entirely on all of HER needs, to answer her deepest desires and answer the call of each of her beckoning wishes and unspoken wants, to love her, just for one night, several times his normally singular abilities, to curl her toes and to nurture her wonderful heart by equally passionate measure as well, to literally be able to be everywhere at once for her, as much as she's been there for him. Umm, why is there no "loving husbands section, anyway? never mind. I guess that the romance categorry is there for that, although it is hard to be sure with the organizational sex segregation and differing terminology. At least for valentines day, I suppose it might be a nice thing to do for her every great once in a while, since people cannot simply duplicate outside of a source of delirious, otherworldly, overpowering pleasure like this kind of website. As far as I know, this site is about as close as I know. I think I will look for "stud ranch" in tags when looking for stories depicting what some only wish they could do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
True!

This is a well thought out piece. It puts into words things I've been thinking about for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sex is easier for women, so they don't need to pay

If a women wants to have sex, she just needs to dress in a skimpy outfit to advertise her availability, and be willing to say yes when a man wants to fuck her. A man wanting to have sex has a higher amount of difficulty getting consent from a woman.

It is easier for a woman to get sex anytime she wants it, than for a man to get sex anytime he wants it. Therefore, the man has to pay for it and the woman does not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You're wrong about this

Simply put: All your pontifications are incorrect. Look at the website cowboys4angles. There is a show on Showtime called Gigolos. The men on the show are actually real escorts and for the fee stated on the website, women may spend a few hours, an evening, or a week with these hunky young men. What started only in Vegas has expanded across the country with about 80 or 90 escorts for women or couples ONLY.

Why? Most women can't land the really hot guys with ripped bodies and 6 pack abs. If you're not a super attractive woman, you have no shot with men of this physical stature. Yes, you can easily get laid by an average guy, but you're not going to land the ripped stud like Dante, or Ash, or Vin, or... Not to be negative but these guys have their pick of women to fuck. If you're average, older, or any other negative, the only way you "live" this fantasy is to buy it.

That's why this model is successful. As sex/porn becomes more broadly spread across the web, women are becoming more willing to explore their fantasies, and to pay for those fantasies to be perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Women, particularly older women, are not averse to paying for sex, but a stud farm is the wrong context. It is well documented that women in first world countries go to third world countries to find a temporary sexual partner.

American and European women go to the Caribbean, Jamaica alone receives about 80,000 every year. European women also use west Africa, while Australian women go to Bali. Japanese women are the most blatant, at least one charter flight a week takes a full load of women for a sex holiday in Thailand.

When they arrive they pick up a local boy, buy him presents, help him out with cash and in exchange expect him to escort her around and share her bed. Many of them try and fool themselves it's a holiday romance, but as soon as he's seen her off at the departure gate he's back to the beach bar for the next client.

She could of course take lovers from her neighbourhood, but that would be dangerous. She may fear getting a 'reputation' or being saddled with a man who is a mistake. This way she is in control.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 1 year ago

I don't know the Author but this almost feels like a Addition maybe even a Prequal of sorts to the Story 'Heidi's Stud Farm'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous