Why Did I Do This? Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They both started crying out about their impending orgasms. Ted shouted first. Tina followed with, "Hang in there, big guy. This is going to be a huge one." And it certainly sounded like it was. Things calmed. All I could hear was groaning and some occasional 'wows.' Tina eventually spoke first. "Let me clean up a bit then I'll be ready for you eat me again."

This one sounded much like the first pussy eating. Tina may not have had as many orgasms, but she clearly indicated she was VERY satisfied. She said, "Let's shower. I need to get home before the kids do." That was it except for their good-byes at the door.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I would let that soak in, and would likely listen to it again. I was surprised how relatively calm I had remained. I still had no idea what I would do about Tina. I'd probably make a list of possible actions, and review them with my brother, who is an attorney.

I listened to the recording from Tuesday night. The voice was not Tina's. She was obviously a friend with benefits. As they hastily shed their clothing, 'Babe' asked, "Was your mom on the rag today?" When Ted indicated no, she said, "So I guess your dick is looking for a little pussy from me." And so they did.

After they had both climaxed, she asked another question. "How much longer are you going to keep fucking that grandma?"

Ted responded, "Are you ready to become exclusive with me?' Pause -- she must be nodding or shaking her head. "I didn't think so. Tina and I are good together and I don't plan on giving her up unless I become exclusive with someone. Hell, I might continue cheating with Tina. She's got no right to complain about that since she's been cheating on her husband for nearly a year." I listened to the entire recording, but there was nothing of importance to me. I decided I might want to listen to the evening recording again if I decided to use anything on it when I confronted Tina.

I got ready to go home -- I was going to be more like three hours late. I made sure to lock the recordings in my desk. I thought about Tina as I drove home. I tried to think about the happy times, but scenes from the recording kept interfering.

*****/*****

TINA

Jay's message said he would be late, and, after two and a half hours, I began to worry a bit. If he was too tired, we would not be playing in bed tonight. I enjoyed having sex with Jay on "Ted days" if Ted and I did not fuck. Speaking of Ted -- today ranked right up there with some of our best non-fucking days.

Jay arrived and he was clearly whipped. I asked what delayed him, and he briefly mentioned a late afternoon meeting and wanting to input some thoughts before he forgot them. Three hours late is very unusual, but he only lies to me when he trying to hide a surprise. He asked where the kids were. Tessa was in her room, allegedly doing homework. James was out with Amy. To that, Jay asked, "She seems nice enough, but do you think he is beginning to neglect his studies?" I assured Jay I thought James was on top of things, but I would check more closely.

Jay asked, "Are they going steady?"

I had to chuckle. "Kids don't use that term anymore. They use the same term adults do -- "exclusive." And I don't think they are. Maybe soon."

"Doesn't "exclusive" have some kind of sexual overtone?"

"It could, but not necessarily," I responded. Jay seemed to want to say more, but just shook his head a bit.

*****/*****

JAMES

I was beginning to rue having told Tessa about Mom. I reminded Tessa, on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, she needed to be extremely careful what she said, and how she acted, around Mom, especially if she got in an argument with Mom. I was anxious to talk with Dad because I didn't know how long the three of us could keep up this acting.

Amy and I did not stay out too late on Tuesday night. Mom had told us Dad was going to be late, and I wanted to talk to him before he went to bed. He must have heard Amy pull into the driveway because he came out to her car. No good-night kisses for me! Amy and I got out of the car, and the three of us chatted. Amy, never the shy one, asked Dad, "Well, what's the verdict?"

Dad looked toward the house to ensure we were alone. Then he turned to us. "It's bad, and I have no idea where this is headed. I haven't told Tessa, and I'm not sure I should." I apologized for having told her, while Amy gave me the evil eye.

Dad said he was going to call Uncle Fred, his brother, in the morning. I knew Uncle Fred practiced tax law, but I guessed Dad knew best. I asked Dad if he and Mom were getting divorced. "I don't know," he sadly replied. I could tell Dad was not himself, but I had no idea how deeply his pain went. I asked him what he wanted me to tell Tessa. He said, "Less than I just told you."

*****/*****

JAY

Before I went indide, I pulled out my cell, walked into the street -- away from the house, and called Fred. After swearing him to secrecy, including from his wife, I told him I needed some basic divorce information. After five minutes of answering his questions, I told him I could go to the internet, but what I really wanted to know was what would our local judges do regarding splitting the property if Tina and I did not agree. He told me he thought he could get that information for me the next morning. After telling me to, "Hang in there," we disconnected.

I told Tina I needed to get to work early so I could review the "stuff" I had worked on last night. In truth, I got there early so I could listen to the recording again. I knew I could not spend the necessary time to listen to everything, so I decided to listen to Ted's early phone call and their lunch. I would try to listen to remainder, in pieces, throughout the day.

I did not learn anything new. The lunch conversation reinforced my first listening -- they were extremely comfortable with each other. Why not? They had been "together" for ten or eleven months. I struggled to appear "normal" during the rest of the morning.

Fred called before lunch. He told me a family law buddy had faxed him the property settlement guidelines our local judges used. He also warned me they were only guidelines, and some judges had been known to deviate significantly. I told him it was safe to fax the guidelines to my office. A few minutes later I heard my fax printer fire up. It was only two pages so I skimmed them before heading to lunch. It was pretty much as I expected -- no pre-nup = the higher-paid wage-earner gets screwed. It reminded me of something a friend once told me. He said his divorce attorney told him "...men are the short-term losers, but they were the long-term winners." I wondered what "long-term" meant. I also wondered how the local judges factored that into their property settlement decisions.

If I filed for divorce, I assumed Tina would fight it. Ours is a "no fault" state so I could file, let the judge make most of our divorce decisions, and wait for the appropriate amount of time to expire. Then we would be divorced. I preferred that Tina and I decide how to split the property and what to do about the kids. I realized this was just "stuff," and I first needed to get past the initial question -- what would Tina and I do? I suspected that was going to be my decision and I needed to get on with it. I did not want to start seeing a psychologist. In this day and age, there certainly were plenty of self-help books and articles on the internet. I guessed I'd be "working late" for a few more nights.

*****/*****

TINA

Ted and I had our usual, and fulfilling, time together on Thursday. Something new happened. I caught myself, more than once, thinking about my "normal" life while I was with Ted. He noticed. Over lunch he had said, "Hey, Babe, you look like you are a thousand miles away." I told him it was nothing and I was anxious to get in bed. I told him to make sure he had some lube by the bed. I didn't pay enough attention to know how many orgasms I had while Ted ate my pussy twice. As usual, however, he got his explosive blow job and ass fuck.

During my drive home, I replayed my earlier concern. Jay was not quite himself. I don't know when I first noticed, but it wasn't anything I could put my finger on. Maybe it was his additional work hours that started me thinking. He had worked late on Wednesday and he told me he was going to need to do that again tonight. He had also gone in early today. If this continued, I was going to need to find out what was going on. For now, however, I would continue to assume he was telling the truth regarding this new "project." Don't executives have subordinates to handle those kinds of things?

Sure enough, Jay was a couple of hours late. I asked if this was going to be a regular thing. He surprised me by saying, "I don't know how much longer, but I do need to go in early tomorrow. Do you have anything planned for Friday night?" When I asked why, he responded, "If nothing is going on I should work late, but I could come home closer to my usual time if we need to do anything." I asked how much longer he would be working these hours. He said, "I honestly don't know." Without another word, he turned and headed for our bedroom.

I noticed, at bedtime, Jay was taking a sleeping pill. He'd been doing that more often, so I inquired. He said he was just too keyed up regarding the project that he knew he would toss and turn without a pill. I asked him if that meant we would not be making love. He said, "You betcha." He gave me a kiss on my forehead; said, "Good night, Babe;" and rolled away from me. Strange. He was soon asleep. I was not.

I called Jay before lunch. He was still planning on working late, so I asked about the weekend. He asked if we had anything scheduled, and, if we didn't, he might go to the office "for a little while." I again wondered what could be going on. Was he cheating? Not the Jay I knew.

*****/*****

JAY

Why was I procrastinating? I was driving home after "working" an extra couple of hours. I had information on top of information. I was beginning to read the same stuff over and over. I knew our finances could take a divorce hit, and I knew Tina and I would work out what was best for the kids. My stumbling block was Tina. The single most memorable thing I found during my internet searches was: Would my life be better with Tina in it or with Tina out of it? I could now list the pros and cons in my head. Another thing I realized was that I was extremely depressed. I would soon schedule an appointment with my doctor to see what medication, if any, I should be taking. But that could wait, for now.

I wished I could determine how Tina would react if I confronted her. I was leaning that way. Probably because I did not want to say, "Tina, I'm divorcing you," unless I was certain I would follow through. Obviously, I had not yet determined whether Tina did or did not "belong" in my life.

I was almost home when it finally dawned on me that I could never accurately predict Tina's reaction to any of my scenarios. I realized I had not seriously considered another possibility -- how would I treat Tina if we stayed together after having a full-blown confrontation? I knew I would still love her, in some fashion, even if we divorced. But, how would I treat her during the rest of our lives together? Could I control my anger and hurt?

What if we were still together two years from now, and she innocently asked what I wanted for lunch? If I was already mad about something else, could I resist the temptation to yell, "I don't know! Maybe we should call (or go see) Ted to get his recommendation!"

I immediately determined I would not go to work over the weekend; instead, I would spend the two days thinking about what to do. I was determined to have my final decision not later than Monday before I headed home from work. I wanted to start my confrontation with Tina when she left Ted's apartment next Tuesday afternoon. I say "start" because I did not know how long or what direction the confrontation would take.

*****/*****

TINA

Jay looked bushed, again. I asked him about working during the weekend. He surprised me by saying, "I'm too pooped to pop. I think I'll just take it easy and drink a few brewskies. That is, unless you have some tasks for me that can't wait." I told him to check the garage fridge to see if he had enough beer. Jay said, "Didn't you get a case of Corona for James last Saturday?"

"I don't know when he'll get tired of that joke. Probably on his 21st birthday. Of course, I hope he is still in college when that happens. Jay, you know we're raising a couple of pretty good kids."

Jay had gotten a beer and said, "I know. We should be proud of ourselves. Especially you because you were willing to be a stay-at-home mom for them."

That brought a tear to corner of my eye, and I told Jay, "Yes, I was willing, but I wouldn't have been able to do that without your financial and emotional support." So, why was I fucking Ted? I hoped a relaxing weekend with Jay would do both of us a world of good.

I realized we had not concluded at least two of the issues we had earlier discussed. "No, we don't have any pressing issues requiring your time this weekend, and I'll check the beer supply in both fridges. Should we think about going out to eat, or something else over the weekend?"

"Let's do that," he said as he took his beer to his recliner, sat back, and relaxed. I knew we could discuss that Saturday morning. I was hoping his extended work hours were coming to an end so things around the house could return to normal.

*****/*****

JAY

My brother called Saturday and Sunday. Tina was home when he called Saturday so I carefully told him things were good and I was planning some kind of confrontation on Tuesday. I told him during his Sunday call that Tina was again home and my plans had not changed since his Saturday call. Tina left for a while on Saturday afternoon so I was able to talk with James and Tessa. I asked them, point blank, "Do you want your mother and me to stay together or get divorced?" That hit them right between the eyes. James told me it was my call, and Tessa nodded her assent.

I told them I planned on being in front of Ted's apartment building next Tuesday to confront Tina as she walked to her SUV. They both agreed they wanted to be there. Without me having to ask, James said Amy would want to be there, too. He called Amy to review the start of our plans. She told him she would leave her German class a little early and would join us at about 2:00. He asked her to join us a few minutes earlier because we needed to show her how to operate our video recorder.

The weekend was relaxing, and I continued to mentally script our Tuesday confrontation. I continued to take things easy at work on Monday. I was confident the confrontation would work. Then I would need to see how Tina would react. I had called Mr. ABCI early on Monday morning and he assured me he could get the recorders in Ted's apartment before Tuesday noon.

Tuesday, about noon, I visited Tessa's middle school. After I properly identified myself, they let Tessa leave with me for the rest of the school day. James simply cut his afternoon classes. We drove to Ted's apartment and found a parking place on Ted's side of the street, about four spaces behind Tina's SUV. I have a concealed carry permit so I had my semi-automatic pistol in the back of my waistband, with an untucked shirt covering it. I also had an edited copy of the recording from the previous Tuesday. I had deleted Ted's phone call and his Tuesday night tryst. I didn't need those conversations for this "meeting."

Amy joined us just before two. We told her the three Williamses would be waiting by Tina's SUV and we wanted her to film everything once Tina came into view from the apartment building. James showed Amy how to use the camcorder. She said she had used something similar and she was soon good to go.

Mr. A had told us Ted's apartment was in the back of the house, and Ted and Tina would not be able to see the street. We could tell Tina would come out the old home's front door, walk across the wide concrete porch, and then come down six or seven steps to the sidewalk leading virtually straight to her car. Amy had the camcorder on a tripod and was standing in front of Tina's car. When we heard/saw the door open, the three of us leaned our backs on the house-side of the SUV and folded our arms across our chests. Tina had come down two or three steps when she saw us. She froze.

Reality set in as she raised a hand to cover her mouth and began shaking her head. We could hear her repeat "no" countless times. Tessa, as we had rehearsed, screamed, "Mom, what's going on?" We made no effort to change our poses, and Amy kept the camera going while we waited to see what Tina would do. It didn't take long. Tina ran up the stairs and into the apartment building.

I asked James to bring the camera and follow me to Ted's apartment. We entered and walked down the hall. There was one apartment on the left and one on the right. Mr. A's abbreviated explanation did not help. I signaled for James to be quiet, and go to the door on the right. I went to the left door and put an ear close to it. I glanced at James, and he was following my lead. He had the tripod set up between us and it was running. If nothing else, we would at least pick up any audio to supplement Mr. A's recorders.

I got James's attention and we both shrugged our shoulders to indicate neither had heard anything. I spoke up so anyone in the left apartment could hear me. "Tina or Ted, are you in there?" Ted, as I could tell from hearing his voice on the recordings, shouted, "What do you want, old man?" I shouted back, "Listen, jackass, I have a fully-loaded Glock 17, so shut your fucking mouth and answer my questions. I need to ensure Tina understands a few things before I leave. She doesn't have to talk to me. In fact the sound of her voice might make me puke all over the carpet.

"Tell me if she is in there, numb nuts! Otherwise she might miss some of the fun -- you two can only fuck so many hours in a day. Is she listening to me?"

Ted gave me a "yes," so I told him, " Ask Tina if she wants you to write down what I'm about to tell her. If not you two will have to recall my list of information and demands."

Ted responded with, "Go ahead, asshole. We can handle it."

"One. I'm leaving a recording of you two from last Tuesday. I'll put it on the floor, leaning against the door. This is not a trick to get you to open the door. When you hear James (We heard Tina cry out, 'No!') and me leave you can retrieve the recording. This is what I have listened to for the last week while I tried to determine what, if anything, I was going to do to or about you. You MUST listen to it before we speak again."

"Two. Do not come home tonight. You won't be able to get in. Do not come home until after work tomorrow. I will have packed and be gone by then."

"Three. Do not attempt to contact me. Do not call. Do not show up at my office. Don't send me any emails. Do not attempt to find or contact me!"

"Four. If you decide to file for divorce, have the papers served on me at work. (Another Tina gasp.) I am not, at this time, planning to file for divorce."

"Five. I am planning to contact you early next week. I will avoid the times that history indicates you spend here with Ted. I might, however, decide to postpone contacting you until a later date."

"Six. Do you want to say anything before James and I leave?" Silence. Then Ted yelled, "Piss off, motherfucker!"

That, I assumed, meant our business was concluded. James and I headed for the front door. I made sure to close it loudly so they could assume we had left.