Wicked Amusement Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is wrong with you?" Larya muttered. "Do you need the chase that badly? Don't you want to give this girl the inspiration, or whatever?"

"Yes!" The sprite thrashed all the harder. "But I don't much care for what will come after!"

"You mean you killing her." Larya folded her arms, then, becoming self-conscious, looked around. Oh, there. Her robe and the rest of her clothes were draped over a tree branch twenty feet up. Lovely.

"I mean them killing me!"

Larya's breath caught. She exchanged looks with an equally started Lim on the ground, then looked back at the must sprite. "Beg pardon?"

"Yes, my subjects die." The muse sprite bit her lip. "It's just how I work! But it's their choice! They take the inspiration, and they let it drain them! I don't like it! I miss everyone I ... claim! But that's just the order of things!" There were tears in her eyes. "Cellesixe means to kill me before the process finishes! I can't—the compulsion is so strong, I can't leave; I can't get away from Cellemiste, but I don't want to die!"

Larya swallowed. "That ... I didn't know. She never said ..."

A memory flashed into her head. "Why can't she pursue?" Larya had asked Cellesixe. Cellesixe had dodged the question.

Because it wasn't about the pursuit. The muse sprite couldn't be lured conventionally because fear of death would quickly overcome just about every compulsion.

For now.

"Those bastards," she said, trembling from anger—and chill. She really needed her clothes back. "Those lying, pointy-eared bastards!"

~~~~ ~~~~

Goblin's Note: I'll be entering a bit of a hiatus after this chapter goes up, but rest assured I'm still at work on Sea Slimes, Intrepid Pawns, and, of course, the next chapter of Wicked Amusement! I'm just trying to build up a buffer so these updates can arrive more regularly! Thanks for sticking with me!