All Comments on 'Willingly Forced'

by HoldsTheLeash

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Big disconnect

So they have a sex life where he is forceful over her "protests". Then, all of sudden her "no" really does mean no. And she is so upset that she doesn't want to be with him any more. And he was supposed to know this how? And she could make no allowance for realizing that their signals were crossed? This is like deciding that the red and green on traffic lights now mean the opposite of what they used to and only telling half the drivers about the change. It wouldn't be surprising that there would be a ton of accidents. If she needed to change the signals it was totally up to her to clearly communicate that. She didn't. Then to "make it up" he gets into cutting which is a sign of mental illness. This is an Alice in Wonderland type of story.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 14 years ago
scary stuff

Most will not even understand that this is not about sex. Edgy!

AmandaSilverAmandaSilverabout 13 years ago

This is a story that's much more than what's on the surface. Since we're only seeing things through his eyes, we really have no idea what has gone on to lead to this "misunderstanding."

I agree, it's not about the sex. He realizes he's made a mistake and is heartbroken over losing her. Also, cutting is not about "mental illness." It's a part of depression. He's been with her for years and suddenly--right or wrong--it's over. The pain he feels over losing her and the relief from that pain that cutting gives him are completely believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Bad Story subject

This implies "cutting" is an acceptable emotional response.

This should be eliminated from the story files - it glorifies a mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is a Romance!

Bullshit! This is a story about self inflicted pain. Wrong category!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous