All Comments on 'Wings of Gray Ch. 06'

by Gweall

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY?!?!?!?!?! DDDDD':

Great story just....gahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Ugh.

This ending ruin the story. I thought the person in the comment section in one of the other chapters was being overly dramatic when they said they wouldn't read anymore of your stuff because Alex got beat up and he had already been through so much. But now I see what they were talking about. I understand not everything can end in rainbows and unicorns and that as the writer you felt you couldn't squeeze out a happy ending. As the reader though this ending felt very rushed. It also felt like Alex was put in the story to just be a punching bag and nothing else. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
AWFUL.

That was an awful ending.

I really liked the previous chapters and thought the whole story had a unique plot, but really, that was NOT how it should have ended. It was completely abrupt and did not fit in with the greater context. It's like saying, "Give up and don't even try to change the norm because you can't."

Extremely disappointed and I don't think I'd like to read more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Hate the ending, but understand motivation.

Still I'd hope those who did kill him would pay for the crime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Sad ending...

but I can understand the need to end it on that note. Keep up the good work and can't wait to read what you have coming next.

seeker71seeker71about 13 years ago
No apologies!

No apology is needed. This is the right ending for this story. Much respect for staying true to your characters. I will be on the look out for your next story.

Peace and joy,

Shell

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderful story

It's your story. You can end it however you feel. You captured the emotion well. I got a bit teary. :)

Looking forward to more interesting stories from you. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I can understand....

why you chose to end it this way. The only thing is, it was really rushed. I can appreciate the artistic direction. Life really isn't a hollywood ending but I don't think you gave enough effort to write it as a tragedy. It was a great story but you failed to write a strong ending. I think you should rewrite this chapter, not changing the events but putting more feeling into them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Oh God I really loved your story but the ending was so sad! I can't believe Alex is dead I liked him so much

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
That sucked

I cried

cmyoungcmyoungabout 13 years ago
Wow...just Wow

That was beautiful, I would have liked a happier ending but not all endings are happy ones. It was a little rushed but well done all the same. You made me cry, Alex was such a delicate caring soul he just seemed to get all of the worlds prejudice and crap. Actually reminds me of some histories on LGBT, I am happy we are mostly past that.

Keep it up; we will all be waiting for more.

peace out

theonlinestalkertheonlinestalkerabout 13 years ago
Damn

I wasn't expecting that. You made me cry. But it was a very moving chapter and I love your stories regardless of happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Whatever Happened to...

Ethan?

Maybe I missed the conclusion of his story line, but as he was the instigator of the initial abuse, I kind of feel like he merged into the Randall character. Considering that you gave him some character development time in the beginning of the story, after the beating there was no wrap up/confrontation between him and Mike as former friends.

I also don't mind the ending, however abrupt, because sometimes violence against another person is just that quick but there is one detail I don't like- after the attack, no one was on their guard. Why didn't Mike or his parents vocalize that Randall was still out there and that Alex should be careful?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Not the greatest of endings

I don't mind sad endings, sometimes they work well, but this seemed very hurried.

It was almost as if you didnt really know where to go with the story so just killed Alex off, a very disappointing and unsatisfying ending. You could have at least made it the catalyst for greater enforcement over integration or something similar.

Overall very rushed and poor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
i agree with some of the other comments

I didn't have a problem with Alex dying. I understand that was how you felt it had to end. However like some others have said I don't like that nothing seemed to happen as a result of the death. I don't think Mike, who wanted to kill his former friend Ethan for beating up Alex, would just do nothing about Alex's death. You said this was the last chapter but it feels like there should be more - Mike moving forward and fighting for the rights/fair treatment of infected maybe.

I did like your story - the ending just needed to be fleshed out a bit maybe after Alex's death - and I look forward for your future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Jackass

That was a HORRIBLE ending!

woman3450woman3450about 13 years ago
disappointed

I understand that you needed to write the story the way you felt and tho I was sad, I had no problem with that. I was disappointed that the first part of the chapter seemed rushed and had many gramatical errors which took away from the flow of the writing. I will look for your stories as I found the previous chapters to be excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Hmmm....

I'm all for making your story yours. I would love to say this though, can you make your next story about a human falling for an infected. I feel you created a very great universe and suddenly this universe fell apart by a really mediocre story. Don;t get me wrong, I love your stories, but here it felt rushed, so much grammatical errors, and plus you left many characters with insanely bad cliffhangers. Please, make the next one like that, and talk about the event after his murder. Yeah, what about Randall, is he charged with a "hate crime" or what! Idk...

NikkiflNikkiflabout 13 years ago
:(

Sorry but I hate sad endings life is just too depresing for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
???

The ending felt really rushed...and very scattered...i did not like how it ended at all...was looking forward to reading more of this story but the ending really let me down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Jackass?

That comment was really unnecessary. If you can't offer constructive criticism, then don't offer any at all. Not every story has a happy ending, not in real life, not in literature (including erotic literature).

Gweall, I hope you don't write an alternate ending. You ended the story how you saw it in your mind & you have to stay true to yourself. It's your story.

Please don't fold under the pressure of a few lost fans & a few idiotic comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
sad

I enjoyed the story and was shocked by the ending. However, I agree with one of the previous comments, there are a lot of cliffhangers with this ending. I hope you at lease do an epilouge to finish the story out.

GweallGweallabout 13 years agoAuthor
Ok

I'm glad not to many people were pissed off but I am planning on having another story set in the same world ( and prob have Mike in collage) But I'm also *dont read on if you dont want to know about my next story :)* Planning on doing another story with Steve and Stoph and all of our friends from A new kind of love. I will post as fast as I can and try to have longer chapters

William smythWilliam smythabout 13 years ago
Appropriate

While it was a sad ending it was appropriate for the state of the world these days and this was a beautiful fantasy.

So let's thank the author and encourage him to use his talents in a new series.

lori1969lori1969about 13 years ago
*sniffle, sniffle*

k, i'm writing this while crying my eyes out...Truely a heartrending, tear jerker. I loved it. And your right not all storys are "Happily ever after".

cravinsanitycravinsanityabout 13 years ago
......

I kind of figured the story would probably end like this because of the way Alex was portrayed. Overall, this story could have been written better and there are alot sections that could be expanded upon. I definitely dislike the fact that I will not be able to see the growth of alex's character but I hate the fact you made him a punching bag and basically leave the reader to wonder what will happen to Ethan and Randall. I understand what you are trying to do but I guess it could've been delivered better and without some many holes in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
T.T

no matter how it ended, this was beautiful...loved it and will keep my eye out for your next story

SecretDeviantSecretDeviantabout 13 years ago
So beautiful ...

So of course I'm not happy with this sad ending but I have to admit it was beautiful. The only thing I feel upset about is that it feel's like Randall won. Was he even punished, did no one care that such a beautiful soul was taken? I mean becuz I know I would love to enter this story and shoot Randall.

But besides that, this was a beautiful story and I loved it.

CryptictatCryptictatabout 13 years ago

i loved this story. i think you did a great job on it even with the sad ending. i agree that not all endings are happy ones. A little curious how you would do a alternative ending for it though. No matter what it was good Please keep up the good work.

canndcanndabout 13 years ago

I can't say that I am happy with the ending. It is your story so you have to tell it as you think it should be but I just think it should have gone differently. I mean, Alex lived one hell after another. He had one good thing and he dies before he can enjoy it. Mike knew what the kids that hated Alex were like. They hurt him twice and yet he lets him walk off alone? I think Mike going to the barn was a nice touch if it had to end so sadly, but it just ended in a way that ruined the whole thing for me. I thought it was an awesome story, but it just never allowed Alex to change and grow as a result of the love they had. It was nice they had love in their lives. It was nice Alex was accepted by Mike and his family, but I'd have liked to see him grow in confidence and grow in the light of Mike's love. I also still don't understand how he never showed a bit of fight in him any of the times he was attacked. How could a boy who was made to fight a boy infected with a panther not and others in the camps have no inclination to defend himself or do anything but fight and beg. He couldn't have survived doing that. I love your writing. I enjoyed this story until the end. I'd read your work again but really hope it isn't as depressing as this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks for the heads up

I will pass and save my time. I read to get an alternative to the news not have misery and disaster shoved down my throat in the limited time I get to call my leisure. I am sorry I started the series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
not sure how to put it

i understand that putting a happy ending on this kind of story is hard but it seems like u rushed it out...before u started this final chapter u said u could write an alternate ending, well u should...im not saying to write a happy ending but just to write it differently and maybe longer...it seems like u just wanted to get it over with...i would like to see mike rush out or something and really seem hurt and to not just stand there and look at alex bleeding and dying(unless i misread)...i would like to see what is going to happen with mikes ex-friend and whats is name and how they're gonna pay and all...im still going to look forward to reading more stories from you even if you dont write an alternate...if you dont well take this comment as something to improve youre ending style...youre a good writer and i was captivated from start to finish...honestly i cried at the ending

p.s.:i hope i wasnt hurtful...if i was im sry...i didnt mean to hurt you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

some of my favorite stories have sad endings but it seemed a bit rushed y'know. if you did an alternate ending with more emotion and maybe one of those epilogues where mike is all grown up, just some closure to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
You write well

You write very well, and you gave me characters I cared about. Thanks for the engaging work. I will watch for your next story. I'm not sure I will read it--I'll make that decision when I see it. As someone else said, I come here for escape--not pain.

lovemenwholovemen2lovemenwholovemen2about 13 years ago
.

wow that made me cry. they could have gone to a small town in the country or something! thats just awful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Like what other people before have been saying, yeah it felt a bit rushed but it was an appropiate ending.

I actually felt a bit sad for Mike, for losing a person so close. A good ending for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Wow that was an amazing story but I am sorry I did not like the ending. you could do him getting shot but have him live at the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WOW!!!

It was awesome story. I made me cry and the end, but I loved it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
New ending

I loved this story but the ending had me in tears. Why couldn't alex just have lived. But I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
why can't u let alex live not die?!?!

mike and alex just found each other....alex shouldnt die...only hurt...he didn't deserve that!!! im sorry...it's a good story i love it...but alex didn't derserve that and same goes for mike.

miles801801miles801801about 13 years ago
:'(

I loved the story but wish it didn't end so sadly it felt like the hope and happiness that they had been building up was chrushed harshly, wish you could write an alternate ending as well as this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
So sad....

Awww I know happy endings are predictable but I reall wanted this to be happy ...... Waaaah! It's Soooo sad!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
So nothing huh?

No justice for them, no things will eventually get better? Nothing....seriously?? And though I applaud your rather soap opera like ending please write an alternative one, please??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
why did Alex have to die???????????

Why did Alex have to die I mean I can see why you didn't want to put a happy ending because they're predictable, but I didn't want to see Alex die!!!!! Couldn't it have been a happy ending with a twist atleast?? Oh well, it was a really good story though and I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
thank you !

i really enjoyed the storie and as much as i hated the ending because of the sadness i like how it was true to the prior events and realistic to what the storie progressed into . Thank you for sharing such wonderfull work with the world . :D i hope to read more of your stories they are truly amazing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
:'(

U made be cry and there r certain stories that r able 2 make me cry and ur did it. Keep up the writing, the story was so good. Please find a way 2 give mike a happy ending maybe a half brother of alex mother that he didn't know about and he was infected 2. Just a idea.

FloribundaFloribundaalmost 13 years ago
Such a sad ending :)

Oh my god, I'm so livid! I just spent the last half hour crafting a perfect response, only to lose it when my computer crashed on me (but it was veeeryy long and ready to submit, so maybe it's a mercy for you all!).

The highlights were:

- I cryed

- If this really was the end for Alex and Mike's beautiful story, then I thought you owed it to them to continue with this world and sort those prejudiced 'assholes' out (Violent retribution for Randall, Ethan, Eric... was also seriously considered in length)

- I understood Alex's need for peace - he didn't press charges because all he really wanted after his shit life in the camps was love and acceptance which he got from Mike and then Mike's parents. That was possibly selfish, but I understood it.

- That Mike should hence go forth and make it his life's work to re-educate the world about their ignorance of the infected.

So much more succinct than the original!

Obviously Gweall, I did also say at the end of my now non-existent post, that it's totally up to you what you follow up with. I'll be waiting with interest

Thanks

Flora

FloribundaFloribundaalmost 13 years ago
Of course, the smilie was the wrong way around. Should be :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Sad

I was rather disappointed by the ending. Once again, this is exactly like gay romance films where there is never a happy ending. I would have rather had a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

The ending is real people dont care anymore they will kill you because they dontl ike what you are. Its scary but its true. Tnk you for being honest like that.

yeomanieyeomaniealmost 13 years ago
beautiful

Even tho sad that makes the story even more special. You rock as a writer! :) x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Such a beautifully sad ending....at first I thought Mike was going to commit suicide... then I...oh goodness I'm crying as I'm typing this....anyways then I was a little disappointed and glad that didn't happen. >:( if I knew Randal I would kill him! >:( same thing for Ethan!! Anyway..it's an amazing story. ;) I think I'll check out your others as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Bar

I loved the story but would like a happier ending. Also I would like a sequel to this story because it was that good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Reality

I was not prepared for the tears as I finished the story. It however is a sad reality that many have faced due to bigotry.

boodooder420boodooder420over 12 years ago
Be true to your craft

I hate that this is where they led you, but it could be no other way. Life is not always happy and to borrow a quote from one of my other favorite authors "Happily ever after is just a way to end a story in a neat little package." Always be true to yourself and your characters. I am so glad to read your work. Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lovely

Ur story was beautifully done. I loved it. It ended the way it should. There can't always be a happy ending. Still so sad though. When I read such a wonderfully written story I can't help but fall in love with the characters so when he died and mike lost his love, there were actually tears in my eyes. This story was lovely. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i understand

Not happy about the ending, wish it would have ended happily but unfortunately life doesn't always have happy endings, I know from experience. Therefore I understand your choice, so please don't change the ending coz you're the writer and well you direct the story, and you say how it ends :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Woah

I almost cried at the ending </3

I was hoping it would end happily or with a close call </3

Poor Alex

leroyNYCleroyNYCover 12 years ago
damn

i still cry reading that last part.

well done.

i've been there. nothing heals that kind of shit. but one learns to move on and keep the memories alive... they are always going to be a part of us.

thank you.

bkwrmdreamerbkwrmdreamerabout 12 years ago
Made me cry

I've read both endings and I have to say that, although this version had me in tears, I much prefer this one. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have a happy ending most of the time. But unfortunately life isn't always happy ever after. This ending is true to life and that's what makes it so touching.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
almost thought

that Mike died too. i had to read it three times before realizing he didn't kill himself.

hunniexhunniexabout 11 years ago
Thank you.

Your story made me cry with joy and sadness. Thank you. xXx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It was the right ending.

I was initially very upset by this ending. Upon reading it again for the third or fourth time I get it. Alex was a special, gentle being who had a very sad life up until meeting Michael, and even though their time together was limited it made Alex happier than he had ever been. So much so, I believe that he would not have changed a moment of his time with Mike even though it ended so sadly. Being the sweetie that he was, he undoubtedly was very happy watching Mike fall in love with Anthony, becoming friends with Chris, and reconciling with Ethan, knowing that something joyful followed his passing. Everything happens for a reason even death.

PepperSaltPepperSaltover 10 years ago

omfg that was sad. ohh my god. ohhhh ;<

thatlowegirlthatlowegirlalmost 10 years ago
MEAN!

that was just horrible of you! you created a character who's been through every hell imaginable, show him his Happily Ever After in HDTV and then kill him?!

what about your readers who have been identifying with Alex all this time? comparing his life and their own and seeing a thousand similarities? at first they're believing "Alex is getting a HEA, i can get through this and find one for myself." now, there's no Happily Ever After for freaks like us, i guess.

i love your stories, i do! but this one just shattered my dang heart!! i'm going and finding a pint of Ben & Jerry's to do a cheer up. please, keep writing! just no more making the tears appear!!

and your editor seriously sucks.

ladyrose2195ladyrose2195over 9 years ago
The Ending

Good job with a sad ending. Really bowled me over. I think though that you should continue the story. It sounds like Mike is turning his back on Alex and his memory. I would rather see how he uses Alex's death to cause change in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OMG!!!

I don't know weather I hate you or love you right now! This is one of the most amazing stories I have EVER read. While I would have preferred a happy ending I appreciate that you went with your gut and your heart. I tried to think of a happy ending and just couldn't think of a realistic one. I would like to applaude you for your fabulous writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Finished

I was glad for the "heads up." So I only skimmed over the ending. I elected not to read the alternate ending. Since gweal didn't want to have to write one I figured it would have been insincere, especially considering how badly the first ending was written. I don't trust this author anymore and won't read any more stories from gweal.

FloqiouFloqiouover 6 years ago
Loved it

I wanted to read the alternate ending but decided not to because I'm pretty sure I'll prefer this ending to Gweall's forcing out a happy ending

Although I would've liked getting to know more about Alex' past, I think the author nailed the ending

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyalmost 3 years ago

I can't believe it ended this way... Damn

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I did not like this ending🥺😭

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous